Point Pleasant Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

Point Pleasant DVD Discussion

archangelcory16

[1]Oct 17, 2005
    • level: 32
    Please discuss the DVD here to prevent multiple threads.

Thank you.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelcory16

[2]Oct 25, 2005
    From Sci Fi Wire:

http://scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=32994

filmcrew

[3]Oct 25, 2005
    • level: 1
    Cool!!It looks like those who predicted some extras were right very good. Forgive me but since were getting close to the top 100 I'm making another post just for that,but that's it.

JUSTiN__B

[4]Oct 25, 2005
    • level: 13
    YAYYY I JUST GOT IT IN THE MAIL THANKS AMAZON.COM DD
    this is awesome! a making of featurette

archangelcory16

[5]Oct 25, 2005
    This DVD set is perfect. Perfect! The box art is kick @$$, the disc art is even great...it's just perfection.

confusedboy24

[6]Oct 25, 2005
    • level: 17
    Got Season 1 today and I'm watching it right now i wished they had like comentaries than just s Making of Featurett since there always to short to be any good.

archangelcory16

[7]Oct 25, 2005
    confusedboy24 wrote:
    Got Season 1 today and I'm watching it right now i wished they had like comentaries than just s Making of Featurett since there always to short to be any good.

Yeah FOX is too cheap to put them on there

sweetchic7

[8]Oct 27, 2005
    • level: 28
    My mom said she might get me the DVD next week. I hope I do get it.

Buffied

[9]Oct 29, 2005
    So what does everyone think of the unaired episodes?

archangelcory16

[10]Oct 29, 2005
    They were incredible.

filmcrew

[11]Oct 29, 2005
    Hey just thought if your interested in PP trivia go to beachcalifornia.com and click on Santa Cruz and San Diego sections and check out where the PP locations were filmed. In San Diego county go to Imperial Beach, Pacific Beach, and Point Loma Lighthouse sections. You will recognize these piers and the lighthouse. I'm still trying to figure out where the church was filmed because they use it all the time for TV shows and Movies. I just saw it this last week on 'Invasion' on ABC.If anyone knows let me know.I decided to post it here rather than the Point Pleasant trivia thread I opened.

archangelcory16

[12]Oct 29, 2005
    The inside of the church in the pilot, at least, has been used in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the ABC series "Miracles".

filmcrew

[13]Oct 31, 2005
    WOW!! My DVD arrived this weekend so I just got done with my Point Pleasant marathon Sunday and must say it was wild and wacky fun at the end. I was glad Marti and the writers were not shy about using religious symbolism and even the name Jesus [How many times do you hear that on regular TV] but was very sad Jesse was taken out and poor Dr. Kramer blinded. Also Paula and Terry really shined at the end. I would have ended it a little differently with Jesse surviving of course but also with Boyd feeling a little more pain. It seemed Evil had the advantage in the end , but Marti did leave a big question mark with the Kramers still having hope left.Also the end predicted by this site in the Episodes section was way off as was mine;I thought Christina's body would die but maybe her soul survive. The mother hating her was of course also a bummer but still overall a good ending with very sharp acting. This show would probably still be on the air if it had started off like this, but also the network was stupid to can a story with this much potential so soon.

archangelcory16

[14]Oct 31, 2005
    filmcrew, I pretend that in season two Jesse would've been resurrected and that her mother was simply brainwashed by the church and deep down really loved Christina.

qtpi1969

[15]Nov 1, 2005
    • level: 5
    I think season 2 would have been wonderful! You do not exactly know if Jessie lives or not...he may have been faking death and crawled out because he was told to do so and perhaps goes o the city after all...
    I would like to see some Fan Fiction on PP...if anyone knows of any PLEASE share with us...there is so much more another station besides the ratings-worried WB could have done with this show. FX would have been great to show it on...and that would have upped the vocabulary limit a tad too.
    ahhh...if only...
    get the PP FANFICTION out everyone!!!
    Shell, HUGE fan!

urion_nix

[16]Nov 3, 2005
    • level: 14
    I think if there was a 2nd season, they wouldn't had end it like this. They would've got a 21 episodes deal. I'm talking about the jesse's dead.
    I'd love to read some fan fictions.

archangelcory16

[17]Nov 3, 2005
    22 episodes, not 21. lol

urion_nix

[18]Nov 6, 2005
    • level: 14
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    22 episodes, not 21. lol

well, my mistake, sorry.

dwkish

[19]Nov 9, 2005
    I think the reason the series ended the way it did was because it was a mid-season replacement. Most mid-season replacements, like for instance Numb3rs from last year, have short order seasons of 9 to 13 episodes. Also cable shows on USA, TNT and HBO often only have 13 episode regular seasons.

I would really be curious to see what happened in a season 2 of the series. I wonder what Marti Noxon would have to say about a hypothetical second season, where she saw the show going beyond the 13. With the way they left Christina and her adopted family there looks to be no turning back. They would have had to find a way to turn her back or make her an all-out villain.

In some ways I was upset with the final episode. I had heard that the series ended as the showdown between Christina and Jesse was about to commence not after its conclusion. I also felt that Christina is so far gone that there is no way to bring her back into the light.

My favorite character in the show is by far Boyd. He seemed to have the best lines and seemed so much better put together than alot of the other characters.

I also think that when the reviews came out about the show a lot of the critics were way to harsh on Elisabeth Harnois especially when comparing her to Sarah Michelle Gellar. I thought Harnois was amazing in Point Pleasant and I hope she was a lucrative career in the future.

Robbieboyagain

[20]Nov 9, 2005
    • level: 6
    dwkish wrote:
    I think the reason the series ended the way it did was because it was a mid-season replacement. Most mid-season replacements, like for instance Numb3rs from last year, have short order seasons of 9 to 13 episodes. Also cable shows on USA, TNT and HBO often only have 13 episode regular seasons.

I would really be curious to see what happened in a season 2 of the series. I wonder what Marti Noxon would have to say about a hypothetical second season, where she saw the show going beyond the 13. With the way they left Christina and her adopted family there looks to be no turning back. They would have had to find a way to turn her back or make her an all-out villain.

In some ways I was upset with the final episode. I had heard that the series ended as the showdown between Christina and Jesse was about to commence not after its conclusion. I also felt that Christina is so far gone that there is no way to bring her back into the light.

My favorite character in the show is by far Boyd. He seemed to have the best lines and seemed so much better put together than alot of the other characters.

I also think that when the reviews came out about the show a lot of the critics were way to harsh on Elisabeth Harnois especially when comparing her to Sarah Michelle Gellar. I thought Harnois was amazing in Point Pleasant and I hope she was a lucrative career in the future.

Yeah i agree and i would have to say the Point Pleasnat's later episodes where amazing, better than Buffy.