Point Pleasant Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

The Point Pleasant novel

urion_nix

[1]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 14

Since im writting a novel i wanna publish in the future and so into it, the other day was thinking "why not finding some time in my schedule to write a Point Pleasant novel?... just for fun and then create a webpage to put it there and tie some loose ends".

I already have some ideas for the entire novel, and i´m really excited about it. But the thing is that i wanna write it in english, and i don´t have a really good vocabulary... so ´maybe i can write it in spanish and someone here (if anyone volunteers to do it) can translate it to english. If nobody here wants too ill try to do my best effort to write it in english.

So... any volunteers?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edjbuddha

[2]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 11
    My Spanish is “beginner” at best. However, you English is pretty good. Are you already using a “word” translator? How about you write it in English and some of the English speaking Point Pleasant followers, like my self, help you out? How would you post? A chapter or a couple of paragraphs a week?

EdJ

urion_nix

[3]Jul 12, 2007

edjbuddha wrote:
    My Spanish is "beginner" at best. However, you English is pretty good. Are you already using a "word" translator? How about you write it in English and some of the English speaking Point Pleasant followers, like my self, help you out? How would you post? A chapter or a couple of paragraphs a week? EdJ

That´s a good idea. You can help me with my english vocabulary.

I think i would put a chapter per week or 2 weeks. Cuz i really wanna write a good story and not publish something fast just because people wanna see what happens. I write the chapter, you can check the vocabulary and then you e-mail it to me once you got it finished, if it´s ok for you... what do you say?

And finally someone has replied this post! lol

edjbuddha

[4]Jul 12, 2007
    Okay, That sounds good, but so does your English. I won't have to do too much correcting.

EdJ

Elle12

[5]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 4
    Hows this going? I'm really excited to read it. I am working on my own Season 2 but at the minute its all just brainstorms

edjbuddha

[6]Jul 15, 2007
    Well, I haven't heard back from urion_nix. I am sure I will get an answer to me reply soon.

EdJ

urion_nix

[7]Jul 23, 2007

Ok I´m back. Sorry i didn´t give you any news of my novel. Ok the thing is this: i´m still writing the 1st episode but i´m having some trouble to write it cuz i´m on finals right now, so i don´t have too much time left to write. But once i get finished the 1st episode you´ll know cuz i´llbe sending it to you.

But i can leave the title for the first episode: The Return of the spawn

I think you can guess who´s returning to the town. I don´t know if i can give any details here but i´m really excited because at first i didn´t know what to write as the main arc but now that i know what i want for this novel, i´m really excited and i hope you´ll like it.

Edited on 07/23/2007 10:07am
    Edited 2 total times.

tennisrobe26

[8]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 22
    i wanna read it... let me know where it is please in a pm.

edjbuddha

[10]Jul 26, 2007
    urion_nix wrote:

Ok I´m back. Sorry i didn´t give you any news of my novel. Ok the thing is this: i´m still writing the 1st episode but i´m having some trouble to write it cuz i´m on finals right now, so i don´t have too much time left to write. But once i get finished the 1st episode you´ll know cuz i´llbe sending it to you.

But i can leave the title for the first episode: The Return of the spawn

I think you can guess who´s returning to the town. I don´t know if i can give any details here but i´m really excited because at first i didn´t know what to write as the main arc but now that i know what i want for this novel, i´m really excited and i hope you´ll like it.

It's good to hear back from you. Please, by all means finish your finals. This will just be a side project for us. I am all set to help you out with the editing and looking forward to the Second Season First episode.

EdJ

Edited on 07/26/2007 9:01pm

urion_nix

[11]Aug 1, 2007

I´m in still on finals, but i took a little bit of my time to keep writting the 1st chapter. I´m so excited about it and hope everyone likes it too.

It takes place on a church, just 2 weeks after Chrstina left. Some characters are going to be back, some not. A new character is going to be introduced in this chapter, a really important one that will help a person battle Christina. And one character has lost the confidence that had on the church.

Point Pleasant is going to be a really different town from the one we saw on tv. The darkness is going to take place and we´re gonna see that light is fighting a lost battle for the town.

Christina has a new mission. If she succed, everything will change.

I don´t know if i´m able to write what i wrote here. If i can´t, just let me know it.

Edited on 08/01/2007 11:01am
    Edited 3 total times.

tennisrobe26

[12]Aug 2, 2007
    do you have a website? or something... im dying to read it.

urion_nix

[13]Aug 5, 2007

tennisrobe26 wrote:
    do you have a website? or something... im dying to read it.

Not yet. Once i finish the 1st chapter, i´ll put it on a website and i´ll let everyone who´s interested know

edjbuddha

[14]Aug 6, 2007
    It sounds like it's going to be a really good continuation to season one. You've already got a few people's attention. I can tell you know what your doing and you're a good writer. Let me know when I can help.
    EdJ

urion_nix

[15]Aug 10, 2007

edjbuddha wrote:
    It sounds like it's going to be a really good continuation to season one. You've already got a few people's attention. I can tell you know what your doing and you're a good writer. Let me know when I can help. EdJ

Yeah, i hope people likes it. Ok! I´ve finished my finals (with good grades thank god...heeh) so i´m gonna dedicate these days to finish the 1st chapter. So in a couple of days i´ll put here the link to the website where the novel will be. But before that you, edjbuddha (i gotta know your name, cuz calling you with this nickname is kinda hard and now that i finished my finals my brain isn´t in that good conditions...hehehe) will receive my novel and see if you can change something regarding the vocabulary.

Take care people!

Edited on 08/10/2007 9:45am

Elle12

[16]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    Awesome, really can't wait!

tennisrobe26

[17]Aug 14, 2007

me too.

Edited on 08/14/2007 8:27am

urion_nix

[18]Aug 18, 2007

Ok. September is the month! So people, if you wanna read the 1st chapter of "Point Pleasant, the novel" on Tuesday, September 4th you´ll be able to do it.

Nearer the date i´ll put the website where there will be some stuff for you to get entartained (i don´t know if that´s the word) before september 4th.

Sorry i´m taking too long to write, it´s just that withwork and college i´m a little bit busy.

Take care people!

Edited on 08/18/2007 10:07am

tennisrobe26

[19]Aug 19, 2007
    take your time...

tennisrobe26

[20]Sep 6, 2007
    urion_nix wrote:

Ok. September is the month! So people, if you wanna read the 1st chapter of "Point Pleasant, the novel" on Tuesday, September 4th you´ll be able to do it.

Nearer the date i´ll put the website where there will be some stuff for you to get entartained (i don´t know if that´s the word) before september 4th.

Sorry i´m taking too long to write, it´s just that withwork and college i´m a little bit busy.

Take care people!

hey its sep. 6th do you have a website for the first chapter?