Pokémon

A Goldenrod Opportunity

Aired Saturday 8:30 AM Aug 18, 2001 on Cartoon Network

• graet episopde

Our heroes have finally reached the next stop on the road to Johto: Goldenrod City! Looking to challenge the city's Gym Leader, Ash finds out the gym is closed for the day. Knowing they must wait until tomorrow, the gang decides to shop around and enjoy the city when they run into a local trainer, Whitney. After a close-encounter with Team Rocket, our heroes realize Whitney is actually the Goldenrod City Gym Leader! Will Ash win his next Johto League badge? o o 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
  • it was alot like sinnabar.

6.6
  • Goldenrod City at last!

Not my favorite storyline, but I'll say that Whitney's Miltank is a real cheater. Whitney commanding a rollout attack to Miltank a lot of times is not a fun way to win, but instead trying to win in a bad way. So I didn't like this episode because it proves how the gym leader cheats with bad tactics.
  • This episode was basically a repeat of the Cinnabar Island episode, but it was still pretty well done. Again to that person who wrote in the Notes section why Nidorina was in Whitney's lineup, it is because Nidorina uses the moon stone to evolve

7.1
    Just to let the man/woman who wrote in the notes portion why Nidorina was in Whitney\\\'s lineup know, although Nidorina is a poison pokemon, she evolves using the moon stone, which is a normal-type stone, so she is slightly considered part normal-type. I thought this episode was pretty well-done, except that this episode completelly focuses on Clefairy for Whitney\\\'s pokemon, when in the next episode, the episode is completelly focused on Miltank as the key pokemon of Whitney. I guess I can understand why they would do something like that, but it feels a little bit cheesy, but overall the episode was good. This is similar to the Cinnabar Island episode.
TOON