Pokémon

Electric Soldier Porygon

Aired Saturday 8:30 AM Unknown on Cartoon Network

• December 16 1997, a day that anime fans will remember forever.

Everyone knows the plot to this episode, they go inside a computer and theres a scene which caused Japanese people to suffer seizures and other acts.
    Everyone who has downloaded this episode or watched it on YouTube or wherever keep saying \\\"How could this have caused seizures? I\\\'m fine.\\\" Unless you get a taped version from the day it aired in Japan (December 16th 1997) and it hasn\\\'t been tampered with, then you won\\\'t get a seizure because they slow down the strobe effect and you won\\\'t find the episode on YouTube anymore because they take them off because if someone has a seizure they can get sued. Most videos show the flashing scenes at about 2-3 flashes a second, on the uncut version it was 12 flashes a second, I think the scenes with flashing that didn\\\'t cause seizures was because only one rocket exploded at those times while with the seizure scene two rockets exploded so they doubled the flashes. That also made me think because four rockets were sent out but two were hit at a time so what would have happened if all four were hit at the same time? It would have flashed at about 24 times a second, probably would have killed someone. I saw the episode on YouTube with subtitles and I skipped the scene which caused the seizures because I was still too scared to watch because there were similar scenes during the show but not as intense and even those freaked me out.

If you get past the fact this caused seizures or if they animated the explosion differently (an example is if it was just red, not flashing red and blue or something) this was actually a very good episode.

I also have a feeling that if it didn\\\'t cause seizures and was going to air in other countries that it would be banned from airing because it had rockets being shot at people and it showed target marks on Ash, Misty Brock and Team Rocket and you know how 4Kids feel about guns and kids ect, even though there is a roumor that 4Kids dubbed the episode but didn\\\'t show it, that would explain how everyone downloads the episode and its all slowed down.

I gave it 8.8 because of the seizure incident, if that never happened I would have given this about 9.8.