Pokémon Forums

Saturday 8:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkIn Season

The Official Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl Anime Thread (Spoilers)

  • Avatar of BAC510

    BAC510

    [101]Apr 8, 2010
    • member since: 09/12/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 2,451

    This is just sick of the writers. They make a femal version of Flint! I am telling you they are just lazy or running out of character designs!?!?!?



    Her name is Makina but from the looks of it she looks TOO much like Flint, maybe a Copycat?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [102]Apr 8, 2010
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440
    Duplica expy, no doubt. A very very veeeeeeeeeery creepy expy at that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Shiny_missingno

    Shiny_missingno

    [103]Apr 8, 2010
    • member since: 07/12/09
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,528

    aw..I was hoping for duplica...not a new char



    hey one of those dittos is supposed to be shiny!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pikachu315111

    Pikachu315111

    [104]Apr 8, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,508

    BAC510 wrote:


    This is just sick of the writers. They make a femal version of Flint! I am telling you they are just lazy or running out of character designs!?!?!?



    Her name is Makina but from the looks of it she looks TOO much like Flint, maybe a Copycat?



    Hmm... she's either related to Flint or she's a Flint fangirl.


    But still, if they were going to have a copycat character I wish it would have been Duplica, the master copycat.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of syrusfan

    syrusfan

    [105]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 04/25/07
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 14,310

    Hooray for getting rid of the few recurring characters you had and making new characters exactly like them!


    Not.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [106]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440
    In their defense, Duplica was last seen in Johto was it? Plus they got cooler better recurring characters going on now,
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [107]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,110
    It's been 10 years since Duplica was seen, and since the writers try to avoid the mistakes of Johto, I doubt they even remember her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pikachu315111

    Pikachu315111

    [108]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,508

    edmasterchaos wrote:
    In their defense, Duplica was last seen in Johto was it? Plus they got cooler better recurring characters going on now,


    But this discussion is about them seemingly using a copycat character while they already have one in Duplica, not which generation/region had the better recurring characters.


    Besides, now thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it might be just a fangirl (though to be honest, if they were going to have a Flint look-alike character, I wish it would have been his younger brother Buck). Though after someone mentioned a Shiny Ditto, maybe they could have had Duplica have one and when it transforms, instead of transforming into the normal color version, it turns into the Shiny version (continuing on Duplica's struggle with odd Dittos).


    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    It's been 10 years since Duplica was seen, and since the writers try to avoid the mistakes of Johto, I doubt they even remember her.


    And what mistakes are these? Obviously it's not with the number of fillers, as the numbers of fillers have increased each generation (hopefully Generation V will cool it down on the fillers being we're cutting it a bit close here and it doesn't look like we'll have time for the Generation IV Battle Frontier).


    Also so what Duplica hasn't been in the anime since Johto? Recently the show has taken a big interest in Johto for obvious reasons, so they're not afraid to have things from Johto be in the anime (Brock even got a Pokegear, albeit the re-designed version but still it's a Pokegear).


    Though then again the writers do seem to have forgotten a lot of things over the years. *coughJigglypuffcoughAsh'sPidgeotcough*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Shiny_missingno

    Shiny_missingno

    [109]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 07/12/09
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,528

    jiggly hasnt been seen since hoenn...I miss her/him/it

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [110]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440
    Duplica also just barely qualifies as recurring character, i mean, she showed up in Kanto once and a second time to showcase the difference between Counter and Mirror Coat, 2 episodes that's it. Expy of a character with 2 episodes the last one aired over 10 years ago seems justified. I highly doubt it's just a fangirl of Flint though, when you got a Ditto you gotta cosplay as everyone and everything lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rotom123

    rotom123

    [111]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 09/18/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 31

    about the whole ashvsvolkenr thing, it looks like ash is pushing infernape TOO hard. if you have ever seen digimon tamers, the main character, takato pushes his digimon, gyomon, too hard and it becomes a monsterEmbarassedCry

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [112]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440
    XD No. Not hard enough. Infernape probably just got damaged to the point of using Blaze which still has that hardcore effect on him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [113]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,110

    Pikachu315111 wrote:
    And what mistakes are these? Obviously it's not with the number of fillers, as the numbers of fillers have increased each generation (hopefully Generation V will cool it down on the fillers being we're cutting it a bit close here and it doesn't look like we'll have time for the Generation IV Battle Frontier).


    Fillers have not increased, they've gone down thanks to Contests. Johto had many mistakes, the writers even admitted it. Obviously the fillers, then there are the dropped storylines, the lack of evolutions or overall character development, while the Silver Conference was great, the Johto pokemon did not shine like they should have, etc etc. Those are basically the major points.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pikachu315111

    Pikachu315111

    [114]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,508

    SPDShadowRanger wrote:


    Pikachu315111 wrote:
    And what mistakes are these? Obviously it's not with the number of fillers, as the numbers of fillers have increased each generation (hopefully Generation V will cool it down on the fillers being we're cutting it a bit close here and it doesn't look like we'll have time for the Generation IV Battle Frontier).


    Fillers have not increased, they've gone down thanks to Contests. Johto had many mistakes, the writers even admitted it. Obviously the fillers, then there are the dropped storylines, the lack of evolutions or overall character development, while the Silver Conference was great, the Johto pokemon did not shine like they should have, etc etc. Those are basically the major points.



    Oh yes, the dropped storylines. *coughGSBallcough*


    But I don't see what this has to do with an old "two-time recurring character" not being able to show up again.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [115]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,110
    Like I said, the writers hate Johto, half of Duplica's appearances (lol) are in Johto. Slight connection.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pikachu315111

    Pikachu315111

    [116]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,508

    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    Like I said, the writers hate Johto, half of Duplica's appearances (lol) are in Johto. Slight connection.


    Wait... could this by why Misty hasn't appeared? Hmm...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [117]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,110
    Not really, she's a main character afterall.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pikachu315111

    Pikachu315111

    [118]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,508

    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    Not really, she's a main character afterall.


    I was joking

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JackAtlas09

    JackAtlas09

    [119]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 11/07/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 15
    Two new episode titles have been revealed:

    Episode 644: Semi-final! Who is Heading to the Final?!

    Episode 645: Final Dawn VS Zoey!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Shiny_missingno

    Shiny_missingno

    [120]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 07/12/09
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,528

    ATTENION LADIES AND OTHER LADIES



    it's official


    Diamond And Pearl Ends This August


    sigh...let's hope they at least put the frontier brains in it


    I wanna see caitlin

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.