Pokémon

Holy Matrimony!

Aired Saturday 8:30 AM Mar 13, 1999 on Cartoon Network

• Jessiebelle.

Jessiebelle is one screwed up woman... the fact is she's got a bloody room with whips and chains and no one notices? Either she really wants James or she's into really kinky torture...

Grade A+
  • Some things happen in this episode.

This is one of few episodes that hints at rocketshipping. But pretty good even with the flashbacks, and Jessiebell was a good character. This is the kind of stuff you would never see on pokemon now, or any anime that is dubbed by 4-kids. So this proves that 4-kids is geting softer.
  • It was hilarious! Now I remember why I used to watch Pokemon.

Now I remember why used to watch Pokemon. It was because of episodes like this one. Lol. It was what Pokemon episodes should be like. (By that I men=an be of a high quality. This episode was good, but I would have gone crazy if every Pokemon episode was or is just like this one.) At first I thought James's parents were really dead. But it didn't take me long to realize that that was out of character for Pokemon so it must some sort of trick. Is was. :P It was funny when Meowth keep making fun of Jesse in comparison to Jessebelle. Her reactions to what he said were funny too. XP The ending when Jessebelle was chasing Ash and the gang was a good way to end the episode. Overall, this was a really good episode and I enjoyed it very much.
  • Bonanza! lol

Do you notice how much this focuses around Jessie and James' relationship? Jessie is NOTHING like that slut Jessibelle! So do you think that maybe, MAYBE... Jessie and James might get together? Hell ya! Rocketshipping is the best! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! Rocketshipping! ROCKETSHIPPING!
  • This is the episode where james looks like he has proper fellings for his companion in crime.

I think this episode was apsolutel spectacular i loved it. its probably the greatest episode of POKEMON ever. god dod w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w we w w w w w w w w w w w w w o oo oo o o o oo o o oo o o o oo o o oo o o o o o o w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w. it was soooooooooooo amazing.
  • James' fiance!

I liked this episode because James was a wealthy person without the others realizing that. He did have trouble with her fiance, Jessibelle. He managed to get away from her and wanted to continue his life with Team Rocket, even though he's evil, but really fun to be with. Really funny episode.
  • Ash and co. try to prevent James' wedding

This is a very special episode because it gives info on one of the rocket member's, James, past. This is also one of the few times, Ash, Misty, Brock and Team Rocket work together. It also hints at a romance between Jessie and James. Who would have thought James came from a rich family. Ash and co. are trying to save James from getting married to the depraved Jessibel, who looks just like Jessie. Jessie and Meowth at first are trying to make James marry so they can get money, but eventually are on his side once they see how Jessibel is. In the end though, James' faithful growlithe saves the day and chases Jessibel off. James then decides he'd rather travel with Jessie and Meowth then be rich and married any day. How inspiring!
  • Another incredible Team Rocket episode!

This is an incredible episode, this show us the past life of James a rich guy that have everything; now his family is searching him to get marry and obtain all his money, Jesse and Meowth forces him to enter to his mansion and see again his "girlfriend".
    When they see her discovers that is identical to Jesse, her name is Jessebell and after lie James they separate him from his friends, besides Ash, Misty and Brock how were invited by the servent to the mansion and tell him what do they know about James.
    With the help of his growlithe "Growlie" he escapes from Jessebell and returns with Jesse and Meowth.
    This episode like others of the trio it´s a proof to all that the Team Rocket rules.
  • An amazing episode that really develops the character of james.

This is quite probably my favorite episode! It shows that though he seems evil, James actually has a good heart. Personally I think that they should have come back to this point, maybe had James join the good guys for a time. At any rate, the parting between james and growlithe is a very emotional moment.