Pokémon

Pokémon I Choose You!

Aired Saturday 8:30 AM Sep 08, 1998 on Cartoon Network

• 1st episode ever of Pokemon

Very 1st episode where Ash get's Pickachu and the journey all begins from here. I love the old Pokemon series and the 1st season was by far the best!
  • the first episode of Pokemon the best show ever

in this new show that is from japan it's about these creatures that are call Pokemon we meet Ash Ketucht a kid that is on it's way to become a pokemon master and is picking his first pokemon and when a Bulbasaur Charmander Squirtle are all gone Ash picks a pokemon call Pikachu a electric type and it does want to listen to ash but ash saves pikachu then pikachu saves ash and he is bady hurt and Ash see a pokemon but i didn't know what it was now i am older so it was a HO-Ho he saw
  • A great introduction to the series that made up my childhood.

When I was younger, I thought Pokemon was a stupid show even though I had never seen it. While over at my friends, they finally convinced me to watch an episode when it was on TV and this happened to be the episode that aired. Now I think it's kind of neat that the very first episode happened to air the day I started watching it. It took me about ten minutes to become hooked on the show from then (Kindergarten/Grade 1) to around grade 6 or 7. I also discovered the games and although they worked a lot different than the show did, I played them all the time. Personally, I'm surprised this series is still going strong. Other series like this (Yu-Gi-Oh) have come to and end. However, I also think it's cool how this show is spanning more than one generation and a whole new generation of PokeGeeks are around.
  • First episode of Pokemon!

"Pokemon, I Choose You!"

Grade: A*

The very first Pokemon episode, after almost 14 years is reviewed by me, and I used to watch alot of the season 1 episodes back in my childhood years. I bumped into this episode on TV not too long ago and thought it was an excellent way to start the series, and is actually quite darkly toned in places and funny. Ash is a total noob at Pokemon, whilst Pikachu is a right **** in this episode, but the key importance is how Ash and Pikachu's friendly trainer relationship grows slowly from here.

The episode begins with a Gameboy screen of Pokemon being played. The screen changes to an actual Pokemon match and it turns out that it is coming from the TV. A 10 year old boy named Ash Ketchum is looking forward to becoming a Pokemon Trainer the day afterwards.
    Unfortuantly, Ash oversleeps and dreams about which starter Pokemon to choose from (Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur) and ends up waking up late. In a hurry and still in his pyjamas, Ash heads to Professor Oak, and is taunted by his rival Gary, who says he is late for the party and chosen the best Pokemon.
    Ash enters Professor Oaks lab and originally decides to pick Squirtle, but Oak says its taken. He then picks Bulbasaur, followed by Charmander, and they are all gone. Ash is devastated by this and demands to have any Pokemon. Professor Oak tells Ash that there is one more, though its a little misbehaving. He gives him an electric Pokeball and inside it is Pikachu and he comes out of the ball.
    Pikachu is a bit of a terror and doesn't like Ash, constantly using Thundershock on him. Despite not getting along too well, Ash packs his stuff up and says goodbye to his mother and his hometown Pallet Town. Ash is reminded that Pikachu should be going back in the ball, but he refuses and lets him walk with him instead.
    Pikachu doesn't get along with Ash and he encounters Pidgey, which Ash tells Pikachu to attack. Pikachu refuses and ash tries to capture it with a Pokeball normally. It doesn't work and Pikachu just keeps laughing at him. Ash attempts to try again by throwing his coat over Pidgey, but fails due to Pidgey's Gust and Sand Attack. Pikachu continously laughs and Ash realises he's going to have to do everything himself (for now).
    Ash sees another bird Pokemon and decides to try and weaken it with a rock, but it isn't a Pidgey, its a Spearow, and Spearows can be dangerous to both Pokemon and Humans. Spearow calls the hoard from the nest and Ash and Pikachu are forced to run.
    The hoard catches up with Ash and Pikachu, and Pikachu is hurt by the Spearows. Ash tries to save him and jumps into the river, avoiding the water Pokemon and finds himself getting caught by a fishing rod used by a girl named Misty. Misty realises Pikachu is in critical health and tells Ash where the Pokemon Center is, but the Spearows catch up with them again and Ash takes Misty's bike and pedals away without warning.
    Ash and Pikachu fall off the bike, and realising they are stuck, Ash tells Pikachu to get into the Pokeball so that he can be saved, but Pikachu still refuses. Ash tells the hoard of Spearows that he will become the greatest Pokemon trainer and they tell him to attack him instead of Pikachu. Pikachu starts to warm up to Ash and just before Ash is hit by the Spearows, Pikachu uses Thunder and scares the Spearows away, knocking both Ash and Pikachu unconscious.
    Ash wakes up and Pikachu starts liking him again. He notices a Pokemon in the sky (Ho-oh) and checks it with the Pokedex, but it doesn't recognise what it is, and nevertheless Ash starts walking towards the Pokemon Center with Pikachu in his hands, and the journey begins from here...

Overall, one of the finest episodes of Pokemon and it had a good plot, some humour, and even some heart to it. I mean, Ash sacrifices himself to the Spearows in order to keep Pikachu alive at the end for goodness sake (as Ash doesn't think he'll survive), plus he delivers a moving speech that might even let out a little tearjerker to some viewers. I think this is also the only episode without Team Rocket in it, but I might be wrong, but nevertheless the first episode of Pokemon perfectly set the series and was a great way to start everything.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep its the first ep of the pokmon story were ash gets a pokemon and starts his journy like every 10 year old except he wakes up late and misses all the pokemon so perfessor gives him a pokemon that is hidden under the others pickachu and this is how it all starts ash and pickchu start and dongt get along and ash starts to have a bad time he has not caught anypokemon and pichue gets in some rough time when there running from the spheros that are chasing them and pichue gets hurt and decides to use its last bit of energy to use a thundershock to defend ash and they arrive at viredian city. this was a good ep
  • The first episode...and probably the best.

I will admit right now I'm not a big Pokemon fan. I used to love it in the late 90's and early 2000's, but now when look back at it I realise it wasn't as good like as I first thought. The first couple seasons were alright, but as the show progressed the quality went severly down. But this first episode is just, remarquably.

But why is it so good. Well it has a great deep plot for one. Watching Ash and Pikachu's realation was quite interesting. Also the episode has some funny moments. Nothing truely LOL, but enough for a brief chuckle.

But I think the part everyone remembers is the ending, which was incredible. It showed friendship, triumpth, drama, action all into one little thunderbolt from a little electric mouse.

An incredible start to a decent series.
  • The first episode of the Pokemon Series. Ash starts his Pokemon journey with his disobeying Pikachu!

The episode begins with Ash, a 10 year old you has dreams of becoming a Pokemon Master. But he has to get his Pokemon first. Waking up late was Ash's first mistake & cost him dearly. His rival, Gary, has obtained his starter already. It is revealed that all the Pokemon have been taken already but there is only one left! A Pikachu that seems to dislike Ash. It shocks everyone, including Ash's Mom. As Ash begins his journey, he fails to capture Pidgey, because Pikachu did not obey. Eventually, Ash angers a Spearow & it's flock chases him, aling with Pikachu. Ash then runs into Misty & takes her bike. It begins to rain & Ash is cornered by the Spearow. Pikachu then jumps in & shocks all of them, including destroying the bike. Ash has gained Pikachu's trust & Ash sees Ho-Oh flying above.
  • This episode is about a young boy who will leave the town of Pallet with his new partner Pikachu, destined to be a Pokemon master. But Ash is off to a bad start.

This is a great episode. A perfect kick off. It tells you about the future for Ash, his rival, Gary, and the others of Pallet Town. It seems that Pikachu doesn't obey Ash, but after seeing this, I believe Pikachu will regain full trust in Ash and they will be the perfect team for each other no matter what happens. I think Gary will continue to be a snooty upper class brat for a long time, but mature and act normal later. I think Ash will soon follow being a lot more grown up in future episodes and seasons too.
  • It's strange to see Ash being so inexperienced after watching later episodes, but isn't that how all people start out?

This is the very first Pokemon episode, and it was brillient!

Ash wants to become the greatest Pokemon Trainer there is. However, he wakes up late, finding out that there are no more pokemon left, exept for one: Pikachu.

Pickachu starts off being very disobediant, forcing Ash to try and catch a Pigeot himself. Pickachu laughs at Ash's futile attempts at catching it, however Ash maneges to anger a spearow by throwing a rock at it's head. The spearow tries to Ash and Pikachu, but pikachu manages to electrocute it. But the spearow calls a huge gang to attack Ash and Pikachu, forcing them to run.

While they were running, the spearow managed to attack pickachu, and he gets hurt really badly. Ash kept on running while holding pikachu. However, he comes across a dead end: a waterfall. He decides to jump in, managing to swim away from some large water pokemon.

Here we come across a woman (Later known as Misty)fishing. She thinks she's caught a really big fish, but it just turns out to be Ash and Pikachu. She shouts at Ash for not taking Pikachu to a hospital. The spearows are catching up, so Ash decides to borrow Misty's bike. Ash rides her bike with Pikachu in the box at the front. The spearows catch up and attack Ash, causing him to fall of the bike. Ash tells Pikachu to get into his ball. He then finally decides to confront the spearow, telling them that he will become the greatest trainer ever, and that he can't be defeated by the likes of them.

A thunderstorm arrives. Pikachu, still not in his pokeball, decides to use the thunder to re-energise himself (He is an electric pokemon after all). This creates an explosion, making the spearow fly away. This knocks both Ash and Pikachu out.

The next day, Ash and Pikachu wake up, and Ash carries Pikachu to the Pokemon hospital.

I think this is a great episode because it shows how clumsy and inexperienced Ash is before he started his journey. It's strange to see Pikachu so stuborn though.

This episode combined action and humour almost seemlessly! The comic timing of the Pokedex was great!

I thought that Pikachu licking Ash at the end was a nice touch. If you want to start off a new show, then you've got to do it right. That's what Pokemon did, and what so many other shows didn't.

Pokemon caught: 1

1. Pikachu
  • Well, it was good.

I thought that this pilot episode of Pokémon was good. It's kind of hard for me to give it a rating of anything close to perfect. I never really cared for Pokémon, the games were okay I guess but the show never really attracted me.
    I really liked how they showed how everything happened to work out, how Ash missed out on other Pokémon and ended up with Pikachu and how he started out with his Pokémon to catch other Pokémon. I really like to how they decided to work the story in this show, and show what the trainers have to go through to catch the Pokémon.
  • very first episode

The episode begins the same way as Pokémon Red, down to the style of the images and the sound. A Nidorino and a Gengar are exchanging attacks in a battle. After Nidorino dodges Gengar's attack, it leaps at it. At the same time, the game starts coming to life, with the small frame enlarging to the entire screen, and the monochrome Pokémon fading into color. The two are battling in a stadium at the Pokémon League, watched by crowds of fans. Gengar dodges Nidorino's Fury Attack, and then jumps on its head to make an opening to put it to sleep with Hypnosis. As Nidorino falls asleep, its Trainer recalls it into its Poké Ball, and then throws out another to take its place. The Gengar jumps back as an Onix comes out. It tries to Slam into Gengar face-first, but misses and hits the battlefield instead. It pulls back up, unphased. This battle is being watched on television by a boy from Pallet Town named Ash Ketchum. He is now ten years old, which means he can become a Pokémon Trainer. Tomorrow, he will receive a starter Pokémon from Professor Oak and start his Pokémon journey, the first step on the long quest of his dream of becoming a Pokémon master. His mother enters the room and reminds him that it's 11 o'clock at night, and he should be asleep. He complains that he's too excited to sleep. As a compromise, his mother changes his television's channel to Professor Oak's lecture, and tells him to go to bed when the program is finished. That night, he dreams about the starter Pokémon as he tries to decide which one he wants. First, he dreams of choosing and sending out Bulbasaur, and then Squirtle. The night turns to morning, and Ash, still in bed, dreams about if he chose Charmander. Suddenly, he bolts awake to find that he threw his ball-shaped alarm clock in his sleep, and it has smashed against the wall. Afraid that he might have overslept, Ash bolts out of his house in his pajamas and runs as fast as he can to Professor Oak's Laboratory. Outside the laboratory, a crowd of people has gathered, including a group of cheerleaders. Ash pushes through and bumps into his rival and the grandson of the professor, Gary Oak. Gary taunts him for being late, telling Ash that he's already received his starter Pokémon from his grandfather. He boasts to the crowd that he will make Pallet Town famous by becoming a Pokémon master. Ash, however, is more interested in finding out what Gary starter chose. Gary tells him that it was the best one, and then leaves in a red sports car, followed by the crowd. Before Ash can say anything about how upset he is by his rival, Professor Oak approaches him. Ash drops his anger and asks about getting a Pokémon. Professor Oak seems doubtful that he's ready, since he showed up in his pajamas, but Ash insists that he's ready. Inside Oak's laboratory, three Poké Balls are set up on a storage device, with a place for a fourth in the center. Ash decides that he would like to start with Squirtle, but when he opens the Poké Ball, he finds that it's empty. Professor Oak tells him it was taken by a Trainer who wasn't late. After this, he decides he'd like Bulbasaur, but this Poké Ball is also empty. He settles for his last choice, Charmander, but the final Poké Ball is also empty. The three were all taken by Trainers who arrived on time, and it seems there is no Pokémon left for Ash. Professor Oak mentions that he has another Pokémon, but there's a problem with it. Ash wants it anyway. The fourth spot in the middle opens to show a Poké Ball with a lightning bolt mark on it. He picks it up and hands it to Ash. The ball opens, and in a burst of lighting, Pikachu comes out of the ball. Ash loves the cute Pokémon, and picks it up and hugs it. Pikachu doesn't like this, and shocks him with an Electric attack. Oak hands him a Pokédex and six Poké Balls, but gets shocked as well when he touches Ash. When Ash steps outside the laboratory, he finds a small crowd has gathered as well, including his mother, who is sad to see him leaving. She gives him his bag full of supplies, and starts explaining everything she packed for him. He gets embarrassed and pulls it away. She sees Pikachu, and wonders why it isn't in its Poké Ball. He tries to get it in, but it hits the ball back every time. Ash says that they are friends, even despite Pikachu's behavior. His mother calls it weird, and in anger, it shocks the entire crowd with its electricity. Soon, Ash has set off, trying to get a handle on the rebellious Pokémon by wearing rubber gloves and dragging it with a clothesline leash. After getting tired of dragging it along, he tries to talk to it and find out what's wrong, only to find out that Pikachu can't say anything but its name. He tries to convince it to get back in its Poké Ball, and pulls out his new Pokédex for information on it. However, the Pokédex explains that not all Pokémon like to be kept in Poké Balls. Ash decides to earn Pikachu's trust by treating it nicely, and unties the clothesline and takes off his rubber gloves. Pikachu turns away. Then, a Pidgey walks out near them, and Ash scans it with his Pokédex for more information. He's eager to catch it, but Pikachu doesn't want to help him and instead runs up a tree. Frustrated, Ash decides to try and catch the Pidgey without Pikachu's help. He throws a Poké Ball at it, but the Pidgey breaks out easily. The Pokédex explains that a Pokémon should be weakened before it can be caught. Pikachu laughs at Ash. He tries again, this time attempting to throw his pajama shirt on top of the Pidgey, but the bird blows him off with a Gust and then hits him with a Sand-Attack before it flies away. Pikachu laughs at Ash more. Ash turns and sees that a Rattata is digging through his bag, and scares it away. He scans it with his Pokédex, which mentions that Rattata is a forest Pokémon. Just as Ash questions why it came out into the field, the Pokédex explains that it sometimes leaves its habitat to steal from stupid travelers. Pikachu laughs at Ash even more. Ash turns and sees a group of Pidgey in the field, and throws a rock at them, which only scares them away. However, he sees another bird Pokémon in the field and throws another rock at it, hitting it in the back of its head. When it turns to look at him, however, he realizes that he didn't hit a Pidgey; he scans it with his Pokédex and learns that this is a Spearow, which is considerably less friendly than a Pidgey. The Spearow swoops several times to attack him, and then spots and targets Pikachu instead. The Pokédex explains that wild Pokémon are sometimes jealous of trained Pokémon. Just as the Spearow is about to knock Pikachu out of the tree, Pikachu shocks it with an Electric attack, knocking it out of the sky. The Spearow, however, cries for help, and Ash and Pikachu start running away from a flock of angry Spearow. Pikachu runs ahead of Ash, and the Spearow fly after it, attacking it until it falls to the ground. The Spearow start swarming around it, but Ash grabs his injured Pikachu and runs straight to a waterfall. He jumps into the river below to escape the Spearow, and is dragged into a large pond, narrowly swimming out of the path of a Gyarados. On the shore of this pond, a girl is fishing, and is excited to find that she has a bite. However, instead of a Water-type Pokémon, she pulls out Ash and Pikachu. She doesn't care about Ash, but is very concerned about the injured Pokémon in his arms. She tells him that he needs to take it to the Pokémon Center in Viridian City, and points out the way to go. However, he hears the distant cries of Spearow, and turns to see the flock in the sky, flying towards him. He steals the girl's bike, putting the Pikachu in its basket, and rides away promising that he'll bring it back someday. He quickly starts riding to Viridian City, with storm clouds above him and the Spearow in close pursuit. It starts to rain. He rides the bike over a ledge, and it falls on its side, knocking Ash and Pikachu off. Ash finds himself looking at his injured Pikachu lying on the ground, with the Spearow approaching and the storm growing worse. Desperate to save his Pokémon, he leaves Pikachu's Poké Ball next to it, and then stands before the Spearow, telling him to attack them in order to give Pikachu time to get inside its ball where it will be safe. However, just as the Spearow are about to dive on Ash, Pikachu leaps up and over Ash's shoulder, jumping at the flock of Spearow. The lightning from the storm is drawn to Pikachu, and it uses a massive Electric attack to take out the entire flock, as well as the girl's bike. Once the storm has cleared, Ash and Pikachu both rouse from where they were knocked back on the ground, exhausted but victorious. Ash looks up and sees Ho-Oh flying through the sky, over the rainbow that had been left after the storm, however his Pokédex cannot identify it. He continues on, carrying his new friend Pikachu in his arms as he walks the rest of the way to Viridian City.
  • Ash gets his first Pokémon, Pikachu.

That night, Ash dreams about the starter Pokémon. First, he dreams about the starter Bulbasaur, and throwing its Pokéball to start a battle. Back in real life, his Voltorb Clock falls into his hand. He next dreams about sending in Squirtle to battle. He sits up in bed and talks to himself in his sleep. The next morning, a Dodrio crows as the sun rises on Pallet Town as Ash sleeps soundly in his bed. He dreams about Charmander and throws the Pokéball in the dream, while in reality, he throws the Voltorb Clock. It smashes against the wall and wakes Ash up.

Realizing he's extremely late, Ash dashes out of bed and outside without changing out of his pajamas. Running down the road, he says to himself that any one of the starters is fine as long as he gets one. Reaching Professor Oak's Laboratory, Ash finds a crowd cheering for Gary. Ash pushes through some cheerleaders and runs straight into a boy wearing blue, named Gary. Gary tells Ash to call him Mister Gary! and to show some respect. He then pulls out a Pokéball and shows him his first Pokémon, which he won't tell Ash which one it is. He does say that it is the best one there is and that it helps to have a grandfather in the business. Gary announces to the crowd that he will make the town of Pallet known all around the world before setting off with the crowd following.

Ash vows that he will beat Gary as Professor Oak appears behind him. Ash asks him where his Pokémon is; Professor Oak tells him that he looks like he's ready for bed. Inside the Lab, Professor Oak takes Ash to a table with three Pokéballs sitting on it. Ash says that he's thought about it for a while and he's decided to take Squirtle; he opens Squirtle's Pokéball to find it empty. He then chooses Bulbasaur and finds it empty. With just one choice left, Ash picks up Charmander's Pokéball, but it too is empty. Professor Oak tells him that there is one more Pokémon, but there is a problem with it. Ash, eager to start his journey, says that he'll take it.

A platform opens up in the center of the circular table and a Pokéball emerges. Ash picks it up and sees that there is a lightning bolt on it. The Pokéball opens up and out comes a little yellow mouse: Pikachu. Ash picks up Pikachu, and ends up getting shocked while Professor Oak tells them that it can have an electrifying personality. Professor Oak holds out his hands, each holding something. In his left hand are six Pokéballs and in his right is a little red cartridge. He explains to Ash that they are Pokéballs and his Pokedex. Ash reaches to take them, and gets shocked again. This time, Professor Oak gets shocked too.

Ash and Professor Oak head outside to find a crowd cheering and waving flags giving Ash support. Delia emerges from the crowd tells him that she packed some things for him, including sneakers, jeans, shirts, underwear, snacks, hot chocolate, rubber gloves, and a clothesline. Ash stops her and says that she embarrassing him and that Pokémon trainers can take care of themselves. Pikachu walks forward and Delia wonders why it isn't in its Pokéball. Ash tries to recall it and throws the Pokéball at it, but Pikachu bats it away with its tail. Ash tries again, and Pikachu kicks it back. The third time, Pikachu headbutts it back to Ash. They repeat the process as Delia watches, thinking they're playing catch. Ash picks Pikachu up, and Delia calls it weird. Pikachu doesn't like the comment and shocks everyone present, except for Professor Oak who tells Ash that the rubber gloves will come in handy because they block electricity. Everyone in the crowd faints as Pikachu watches, smiling.

A short time later, Ash is walking along the path (having changed his clothes) with Pikachu tied to the clothesline and being dragged along behind him. Ash stops and bends down to ask why Pikachu doesn't like him. He tells Pikachu that it could be a little nicer, and then asks Pikachu to open up its mouth and tell him what's wrong. Pikachu opens its mouth wide and says its name, leading Ash to ask if all it can say is its name. Ash pulls out his Pokedex and consults staying in Pokéballs. Pikachu pushes a button and the Pokedex continues that there are exceptions and that some Pokémon hate being confined in the Pokéball.

Ash unties Pikachu and takes off his rubber gloves as a Pidgey stomps along a nearby field. Ash scans it with his Pokedex and learns that Pidgey are perfect for beginning trainers. Ash tells Pikachu to go and get the Pidgey but Pikachu climbs a tree and won't listen.

So Ash sets his backpack down and throws a Pokéball at the Pidgey. Pidgey disappears into the Pokéball and Ash thinks he's captured it, until it pops out again and leaves. Pikachu, still in the tree, laughs as the Pokedex explains that trainers usually have their own Pokémon battle the Wild ones. Ash gets an idea and heads for his backpack.

A few moments later, Ash approaches Pidgey with his pajama shirt in his hands. Very cautiously, Ash creeps nearer to the Pidgey, finally trapping it under the shirt. A whirlwind of air pushes Ash off of Pidgey as his Pokedex comments that Pidgey can use Gust. It then says that Pidgey also know Sand-Attack. Ash gets hit by a Sand-Attack. He then spots a Rattata over by his backpack, taking things. The Pokedex tells Ash that Rattata is a Forest Pokémon. Ash wonders what a Forest Pokémon is doing in the field, so the Pokedex tells him that Rattata sometimes come out of the forests to steal things from stupid travelers.

Ash picks up a rock and bounces it in his hand. He lobs the rock at a shadow at the top of a hill. It collides and Ash cheers for himself, thinking he's hit a Pidgey. The Pokémon glares at him as the Pokedex tells him that Spearow is a Pokémon that has a vicious temper and will attack humans and Pokémon. The Spearow takes to the air and swoops straight at Ash. Ash waves it off with his backpack, but it comes back, spotting Pikachu. Spearow swoops at Pikachu, who dodges it. The enraged Pokémon comes back and Pikachu drops to hanging onto the branch. Ash yells that Pikachu didn't throw the rock; the Pokedex informs him that Wild Pokémon tend to be jealous of Human-Trained Pokémon.

As Spearow launches another attack on Pikachu, the little mouse releases an electric shock and Spearow falls to the ground. Getting up, Spearow calls out and tons of Spearow take to the skies from a nearby tree. Ash and Pikachu make a run for it as the Spearow come closer. Several Sandshrew duck underground as the flock passes; some Mankey watch the chase from their tree. The Spearow catch up and start attacking Ash and Pikachu. Ash scoops up his Pokémon and races forward. Reaching a cliff, Ash has no choice but to jump, and so he does. The rapid current carries Ash and Pikachu past a Magikarp and a Gyarados.

On a rocky shore of the river, a girl fishes for some Pokémon. The line tugs on the pole and she realizes that she has a bite. She pulls on the line and Ash comes flying out of the river with Pikachu in his arms. The girl spots the Pokémon and asks, "Are you okay?" Ash responds that he thinks he is; the girl slaps him and corrects that she was asking the Pokémon. She tells him that he should take better care of his Pokémon and points him in the direction of a Pokémon Hospital. The Spearow appear above the trees on the horizon and Ash freaks out. He puts Pikachu into the basket of the girl's bike and takes off with it, despite her protests.

Ash and Pikachu race through the forest on the bike. They cross a field as storm clouds gather overhead. The Spearow catch up to Ash and Pikachu. Jumping over a low cliff, Ash falls off the bike and lands in the mud a few feet from Pikachu. Ash tries to convince Pikachu to get into its Pokéball, telling it that it may be the only way to get help for it. Leaving the Pokéball next to his Pokémon, Ash confronts the Spearow, blocking Pikachu with his arms. He tells them that he will defeat and capture them all and shouts for them to come and get him. As the Spearow flock dives at Ash, Pikachu darts up to Ash's shoulder and leaps off. A bolt of lightning strikes Pikachu and Pikachu amplifies it with a Thundershock.

The storm clears as Ash and Pikachu lay on the ground, unconscious. They wake up and realize that they've won. Ash looks up to the sky to see a golden bird flying away. It crosses a rainbow as the Pokedex says that there is no data and that there are many Pokémon still yet to be identified. Ash carries Pikachu along the trail, Viridian City comes into sight, and Ash walks towards it to get help for Pikachu.

• Pokemon begin!!

Who's That Pokémon?
  • Ash Ketchum as he leaves his home town of Pallet in order to start his Pokémon Journey!!!

• Pikachu and Ash!!!!

• Pikachu and Ash Ketchum

• great!!!

• gREAT ePISODE!

Ash begins his journey to become a pokémon master. He starts his journey with his at first reluctant Pikachu, but the two quickly become friends. As his journey starts he is joined by Cerulean City and Pewter City gym leaders Misty and Brock. Together the travel throughout the Kanto region so that Ash can collect gym badges so that he can compete in the Pokémon League, while fending off the attacks of the villainous Team Rocket. Ash begins his journey to become a pokémon master. He starts his journey with his at first reluctant Pikachu, but the two quickly become friends. As his journey starts he is joined by Cerulean City and Pewter City gym leaders Misty and Brock. Together the travel throughout the Kanto region so that Ash can collect gym badges so that he can compete in the Pokémon League, while fending off the attacks of the villainous Team Rocket.
  • great episode

PokémonPokémonPokémon 8 88 8 88 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 88 8 Pokémon Pokémon Pokémon 8 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 88 8 8 8 8 88 8
  • One of my favs!

The show begins just like the game boy, with a black and white Nidorino jumping back and forth behind a Gengar. Suddenly, the whole thing becomes colorized and three dimensional as we see a great pokémon battle progressing. It is a league match being broadcasted on the television belonging to Ash Ketchum: a ten-year old boy in Pallet town who is about to begin his pokémon training. At his age, he can get a license and become a pokémon trainer! Ash vows to become the greatest pokémon master of all time!! He starts his training after receiving a beginner pokémon which will happen tomorrow!!! IF he gets some sleep, informs his mother. But Ash is too excited to sleep, so his mom has him watch a more informative pokémon show with Professor Oak teaching Pallet about the three possible pokémon young trainers can receive tomorrow. They are Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. After the program is done, Ash dreams about which pokémon he will choose. As he dreams of throwing a pokéball to release his pokémon, he actually throws his own Voltorb alarm clock destroying it. The next morning, Ash realizes he slept in and runs in his pajamas over to Professor Oak's house to get a pokémon. Ash arrives to find a crowd of people including a cheer leading squad that cheers for Gary. Gary promises to make Pallet famous as he becomes the greatest pokémon master. He then insults Ash about his tardiness and how he chose the best pokémon. But when Ash asks to see the pokémon, Gary refuses and leaves, taking the crowd with him. Professor Oak wonders how well prepared Ash is for pokémon training in his pajamas, but Ash convinces Oak that he is ready. Unfortunately, all three beginner pokémon have been taken by Gary and two others who were on time. Ash pleads for a pokémon, and Oak does have one left, but "there is a problem with it." Ash doesn't care and, with the last remaining pokéball, he receives Pikachu. Ash thinks it's cute and picks it up, which Pikachu greatly dislikes with shocking results. Oak gives Ash his pokédex and six pokéballs for use. Outside a much less impressive crowd than before has gathered with Ash's mom to wish him good luck. They wonder, though, why Pikachu isn't in his pokéball and after a "game of catch," the crowd gets shocked by Pikachu. So Ash departs with his "new friend" and some items his mom packed for him. As he drags Pikachu along with a leash and rubber gloves his mom packed, he wishes they could be friends, but Pikachu acts very aloof and openly shows his distrust of Ash. Ash wants Pikachu to stay in the pokéball, like the pokédex says, but Pikachu shows that not all pokémon like to stay in a pokéball. So Ash takes the leash off of him in hopes of gaining his trust... all he gains is Pikachu running up a tree. Just then, a Pidgey interrupts them and Ash tries to catch it by throwing a pokéball at it. However, it breaks out, and the pokédex informs Ash that most trainers use their own pokémon to weaken wild ones for capture. With Pikachu being uncooperative, Ash has to tries to fight the Pidgey, but is easily beaten by a gust attack. Both the pokédex and Pikachu believe that Ash will never become a pokémon master. In his frustration, Ash throws a rock at some Pidgeys. Unfortunately, he hits a Spearow who starts attacking them. Pikachu shocks it, which causes it to alert a whole flock of Spearows who begin pecking at Pikachu. Ash grabs the badly hurt Pikachu and is forced to dive down a waterfall to escape the flock. He is fished out, however, by a young girl named Misty. She tells him to get Pikachu to the Pokémon Center in Viridian City. Storm clouds gather as the flock finds them and Ash takes Misty's bike in order to get away, promising to return it "some day." Unfortunately, he crashes it as the rain pours down, and both him and Pikachu are vulnerable. Ash asks Pikachu to get inside the pokéball so that it will be safe while he offers his own body for the Spearows in order to protect Pikachu. Pikachu sees the care Ash has and gains enough strength to perform a devastating thunder attack which drives the Spearows away and destroys everything in the nearby vicinity (including the bike). As the rains part and the sun comes out, a weakened Pikachu and surprised Ash realize they won. Just then, a mysterious golden bird flies over the rainbow to which the pokédex informs Ash that there are many unidentified pokémon in the world. As Ash carries Pikachu into Viridian City, Pikachu licks Ash's cheek to signify the new bond they share as great friends.
  • I Choose You! Pokemon!

Pokemon! I Choose You! A Gengar and a Nidorino are battling. Nidorino uses a Horn Attack on Gengar, but Gengar bounces back and uses a Hypnosis Attack. Nidorino falls asleep; the commentator thinks that it could be the end of Nidorino, but its trainer recalls it and sends in an Onix. A ten year old boy by the name of Ash Ketchum is watching the battle on TV. Pokémon objects clutter his room as he stands in front of the TV. He tells himself that he will become a Pokémon Master, holding up a Voltorb Clock. His mom, Delia, walks into the room and surprises Ash. He accidentally throws the clock. Delia catches it and it opens to reveal that the time is 11:00. She tells Ash to get to bed as she changes the channel. The town authority, Professor Oak, appears on the screen. He starts explaining about all of the new starter Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Delia tells Ash to go to bed when the show's over and to put on his pajamas.

• Pokemon! I Choose You!

• PokémonPokémon!!!!

• great episode

• great episode1

• Ash gets his first Pokémon, Pikachu

• Ash Ketchum and his pikachu!!!

Pokémon is the story of a young boy named Ash Ketchum. Finally having reached the age of 10, he receives his first Pokémon from Professor Oak and sets out on his Pokémon Journey. Ash Ketchum is finally 10 years old, old enough to become a Pokémon Trainer. He wakes up late, and arrives to Professor Oak's lab late, and all the Pokémon are gone! Ash has no choice but to take a naughty Pikachu. Pikachu won't listen or go inside it's PokéBall, so Ash must drag it along (literally). After many failed attempts at capturing some Pokémon, Ash throws a rock and it hits a Spearow. The Spearow gets angry and starts attacking them! Soon, the entire flock start chasing Ash and Pikachu! Ash, with no Pokemon that will listen to him, he must escape from the raging Spearow. Can they escape and will Ash ever earn Pikachu's trust?
  • Ash and Pikachu!

Ash Ketchum is finally 10 years old, old enough to become a Pokémon Trainer. He wakes up late, and arrives to Professor Oak's lab late, and all the Pokémon are gone! Ash has no choice but to take a naughty Pikachu. Pikachu won't listen or go inside it's PokéBall, so Ash must drag it along (literally). After many failed attempts at capturing some Pokémon, Ash throws a rock and it hits a Spearow. The Spearow gets angry and starts attacking them! Soon, the entire flock start chasing Ash and Pikachu! Ash, with no Pokemon that will listen to him, he must escape from the raging Spearow. Can they escape and will Ash ever earn Pikachu's trust? Ash Ketchum is finally 10 years old, old enough to become a Pokémon Trainer. He wakes up late, and arrives to Professor Oak's lab late, and all the Pokémon are gone! Ash has no choice but to take a naughty Pikachu. Pikachu won't listen or go inside it's PokéBall, so Ash must drag it along (literally). After many failed attempts at capturing some Pokémon, Ash throws a rock and it hits a Spearow. The Spearow gets angry and starts attacking them! Soon, the entire flock start chasing Ash and Pikachu! Ash, with no Pokemon that will listen to him, he must escape from the raging Spearow. Can they escape and will Ash ever earn Pikachu's trust?
  • Ash gets his first Pokemon!!

Very creative how this episode used the Game Boy startup for Red and Blue. Anyway, Ash gets his first Pokemon who disrespects him...until the trainer is nearly killed by a bunch of Spearow! This episode is also available on GBA Video, so people can watch this as well. What bugs me is that the people in this keep pronouncing Pokemon as Poh-kuh-mon! Come on! There's a freaking LINE above the E! Before I go on a rant, I say watch this to see how it all began!

Ho-Oh also makes a surprise guest star for a few seconds as well...
  • a ten-year old boy in Pallet town who is about to begin his pokémon training.

< 1 2 3 4