Pokémon

Saturday 8:30 AM on Cartoon Network Premiered Sep 08, 1998 In Season

RaijinPaladinix

Pokémon Fan Reviews page 5 of 31

• It lost most its appeal now.

4.5
    I remember, when I was about 4 years old, I thought that this show had places. The characters had style, the acting was okay, the storylines take much of our imaginations. It was a good anime, and I haven't seen a single person in my neighboorhood with no Poke rewards.

But, I just think it's enough. I mean, c'mon! It's just Ash again, with making May and Dawn the contest girls! Well, what happened with Brandon? And Lucas? No, not that Lucas! But, what happened to them? Can you tell me?

And the storylines? God, fillers up the butt! Team Rocket is really not appeling, and... it looks like the writers are all kinda tired from what the heck they're doing. Love the games, hate the anime, but hey. That's Pokemon for you.
  • End it already!!!

4.5
    This show is bad, it needs to end, it was good 3 years ago, then it went down hill after that. Why do they keep this show going, when is it going to end! Atleast put in new material, Team rocket is so old, they apear every episode, to take Pikachu, or some other pokemon, why would keep those worth less charecters in the show. This show stinks! It was my favorite at one time, but now it's not! I wish it would get canseled, no anime should last this long. Why do the have to dub it so bad, couldn't they have kept in a little uncut. I give this show a 4.5/10, for being realy bad!!!
  • bring back the old Pokemon!

I saw the first Pokemon movie yesterday for the first time in a long time and I can't help but miss the classic Pokemon show that had all the good Pokemon like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Vulpix, and so on! After I saw a bit of the new Pokemon show and I can't help but think shame on whoever ruined Pokemon for me and all the other Pokemon fans. The new Pokemon show isn't really all that great compared to the classic Pokemon, it is way too confusing and the new Pokemon aren't really as great as the old Pokemon. Also, they're adding too many new characters for the show so that might confuse the kids. Bring back the old Pokemon! It was the best show ever made. >:(
  • First few seasons were great....

And that is why i'm giving it a nine. For the first 3 or four seasons, I loved the show. Even the movies were great. But unfortunately, they got rid of characters like Misty and Brock and then they kept adding more pokemon. I would've been fine if they kept it at 151, but now I don't even know how many there are like 600? I think that if they kept the show like it was in the first few seasons, it would've been much better. But while I'm writing this review, I'd like to recommend the first few seasons and also the first movie, which has mewtwo, it might be my favorite animated movie of all time.
  • The first few seasons were awesome.

I used to love this show. I watched it like every day when I came home from school and had almost all the cards and had some of the little figure guys. I used to know just about everything about all the Pokemon and even had some of the GameBoy games. Which was kinda funny because I was probably the only girl that liked this show. Anyway, I think that the first few seasons were pretty good and like I said, I watched it almost everyday after school. But, I think that the last few seasons ( that I have seen) aren't as good as the first few. But this was still a pretty good show.
  • Pokemon is a show that caught the late 90's by storm everywhere you would see pokemon!

It was a pretty cool show indeed but now its to annoying.I loved Johto the most of all pokemon they were really awesome shows and of course kanto!But then after Johto the show started to really take a land slide,Its all to serious and it's just plain annoying example "Im ash i must catch them all but i cant!",don't get me started of annoying it is now.Ok now lets start in kanto ash gets his first pokemon which is pikachu (The main mascot of the pokemon franchise) hates ash at first but then he grows onto ash.Ash would do anything for pikachu even would kill himself for pikachu!Johto was just plain awesome whole bunch of very cool and neat pokemon that will never get old.Then 3rd,4th,and 5th are not even good anymore

so the final conclusion is pokemon was a awesome show back in the day but now its not very good.
  • pretty good...

5.5
    I mean The only thing I like about Pokemon is the games.The show isn't as good as the game. It was better, but it has been getting worse and worse.oh can they make it like the game a little more?plz.In the game,they only have Brock and Misty as gym leaders and thats it.But no they have to make them join Ash.And pikachu isn't a starter pokemon!what the heck?pick like bulasaur or somthing like that,I just dont get it.But then again,if it were like the game, it wouldn't be as unique. In short, a 65% D. They could do loads better.
  • I never relised that there was an anime aimed at children that surrports cock fighting and animal cruelty

2.5
    when i watched it as i child i was in love with the program it couldnt go wrong, but with an older look on life i relise that the programs was plain nonsense
    for instance the pokemon could only say there name and yet they can all talk to each other but as i would understand it a charmander talking to a pikachu would be like a chinese man talking to a plane, and the fact that you put animals of all sizes in small balls that shrink (no wonder pikachu didnt want to go into the pokeball) and then at a later day fight against others of your kind for humans pleasure and they thought team rocet was bad.
    pokemon a society of hippocrites and animal abusers
  • poor.

4.5
    At a young age, the Pokemon show was one show I would wake up early for. But now, the show has started to get boring.I just love watching those tiny monsters beat the life out of each other,but the story isn't so good any more. It's starting to lose it's touch. I would recomend the game more than the show. I own the diamond,pearl, and platinum games. In my opinion, the game is better than the Pokemon television series. Not that I want to offend any fans, but the game is better. Sorry to any fans. That is my opinion.
  • Mediorce...

5.5
    It's all about a boy named Ash Ketchum (Satoshi as its original name) who want's to be a powerful Pokemaster. The current characters in here is Brock, Misty, Max, May and Dawn.

I give this show 5.5 because, this show is going downhill, the show was great few years ago (yeah, I really mean). Pokemon was used to be a great show, the classic Pokemons like Vulpix, Bulbasaur and Pikachu are poweful and nicely done design, even in the game. I watch this show a hundred times on this too. When I watch this show in HOEEN region version, this is were the show is going downhill, because, why did they put humor in the longest running shows, I hate when they put humor on it. The new Pokemon are ugly, like Luddiculo uhhh..... Poocheyena, Zizagoon they're even weaker than than the Kanto-Jotho Pokemons, the HOEEN Pokemon are powerful in the game.

Maybe I agree with garfield 800, you should really recommend the game, instead of watching the TV series.
  • Although I'm used to the Dutch version, I love this show.

Most of the tchnical terms (pokémon names, etc) are not translated, but the attacs are. That is sometimes confusing, since I bet that The Netherlands are one of the few countries that do not translate the games. We just have to play the game in English. Imagine, an average american child playing this game in, for example, French. In the beginning very confusing, but you definately develop our Eiglish. But, this is about the show. I think it is a good show, since it lasts already for so many years. I, too, like the eps in which they are repeating a bit of the begin of the show. For example, Team Rocket is still returning each ep. Brock is also still there. I would like it too when the old characters such as Misty came back and stayed a bit longer. But what I like the most, is the recently, if subtle, change in character of Team Rocket. They start bit by bit to become good guys who earn teir money rather than steal food and pokemon. I like that. They only should not become angels by helping other people out, that would make them too soft.
  • it was OK

in an anime like this {it counts as anime right?}, having so many episodes and having so many characters {i.e. May leaving, and having Dawn and anyone else} join and leave is not a good move. How many people who watch it now, watched from the beginning? A very small fraction because the show has been on for so many years and has had so many episodes. there have been so many changes to the show, and if you randomly watched an episode from a recent season you would have absolutely no idea what was going on. back when it premiered it was a classic, and maybe it still is considered one now, but it is NOWHERE near as good as it was
  • The life-long journey of Ash Ketchum and his friends on a huge Pokemon quest through 4+ regions

Watching this since I was 11 years old(am now 22). After watching the famous St. Anne episode(the first episode of Pokemon I've ever watched) I was hooked. That was about 11-12 years ago. I'm still a huge fan in mid 2009.

Loved the Kanto arc. Thought it was EPIC. The Johto arc was pretty good as well. Brought some new Pokemon. Even though it was littered with filler.

Hoenn was a bit controversial, with Misty being replaced and the R/S/E game being meh quality. The anime got a little lackluster during parts of Sinnoh, but picked itself up rather nicely around the Battle Frontier.

The Sinnoh arc has been as good as or better than the first 2 seasons of Pokemon BY FAR. Sinnoh looks the have the best movies as well. Every episode has me just waiting for the next episode to come up and impress me.

Been the best anime for about 8 years running.
  • it was a pretty good show.

the show pokemon was pretty good when it came out and its about ash of palit town and his quest to become the greatest pokemon master. and he choses pikichu because he was late and he goes from city to city catching and earning pokemon and it spand from mutlpe bages and caught alot of pokemon and faces his arival gary who is just as confident as ash and most of the time beats ash it was a really good show for anime but most of the time it was predictiable. atlest just as i felt. it was pretty good but it was predictable.
  • First 2 seasons rocked but...

4.5
    This show is of course based on the handheld video games about collecting Pokemon. This show actually was really awesome at first, as it had a great storyline, decent humor among others. However, they made way too many changes to the show (May leaves, Dawn comes, etc.) and it leaves many unknown viewers confused, and does not make the show easily accessable, opposite of the games. Also, there were so many episodes that contributed to this unaccessablity. Overall, a show thta could have been awesome and started out awesome, is now nothing but chattered remains of it's former glory. 4.5/10 F-
  • I like the show alot but the main problem is team rocket and there intro they always do. Also they always have the same bad guy in it...they should change it up from time to time to make it more interesting:b/c most of my friends wnt even bother seeing it

If they just tweaked the show up a bit it might be more interesting like when i was a little kid. Don't get me wrong and think it's a dumb show b/c its a great show but its more for little kids instead of the people who originally watched it.Beside I will guarantee that most of these children haven't even watched it from beginning. I just think it needs some change. Also i wonder how old Ash is. With all the episodes he has been in he must like 15-16 by now. Some things they should change is team rocket, intro's and i think there should be different bad guys besides team rocket all the time...give them a break for a season or 2, and maybe if they could for all the heroes to join up and have the battle of a life time with the worse people that they have ever faced.Don't take me the wrong way its a great show but i believe a little tweaking could make the show a lot better.
  • First 2 seasons were awesome, nuff said...

Now it's hard for me to rate the Pokemon anime, because I felt that the first 2 seasons of the show were really good (I still watch them from time to time, maybe its nostalgia from watching it when I was a kid) but once they started adding loads and loads of new Pokemon (Johto), I slowly lost interest and realised the show was never going to end. Maybe it was because I was getting older, but I'll give it a 7/10 alone for the first 2 seasons, but Pokemon has ran out of steam, at least for most of the older viewers anyway.
  • I used to like Pokemon a lot more than I do now. The episodes were more original and it used to be funny to watch Team Rocket blasting off again. It's still interesting and the new trainer, Paul, hipes up the show but it's starting to get old.

Pokemon is still a good T.V. show. I still think that it is fun to watch the new Pokemon play with each other and putting Paul into the mix really made me more interested in the show. Paul is definitely a very unique type of Pokemon trainer. He catches only Pokemon he deems are strong but if they are weak, he lets them go. It will be interesting to see how Ash and Paul's rivalry will take its course and I wonder if it will take until the Sinnoh League before he beats him. That's how long it took to beat Gary. Paul may be a jerk, but he's no joke when it comes to his Pokemon. His Ursaring looks like a pretty tough Pokemon and Chimchar and Elekid are definitely strong as well. I wonder what other Pokemon he will have? But I hope that Ash does beat him in the end because Paul needs to be taught a lesson.

I'm also getting tired of watching Team Rocket blasting off again. Come on, it's getting old watching the same Pokemon beating Team Rocket over and over and over...! I wouldn't mind if Team Rocket skipped a couple of episodes and only showed up every once in awhile. Ash and co. needs a new enemy and they need to show up more than Team Aqua and Team Magma were.

I've also noticed that Ash's pattern of catching Pokemon has drastically changed since the beginning. In Hoenn, Ash only caught 5 Pokemon and when he went to the Battle Frontier, he only caught Aipom. I thought it was pretty boring seeing the same Pokemon over and over again. I wish he would have sent one to Professor Oak and then catch a new one. I also thought he was dumb for him not to use any of his other Pokemon in the Hoenn League. If he would have used Charizard, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle, he probably would have went to the finals and won.

That's the other thing that I can't stand. Ash is always losing the Leagues. Yeah, he won the Orange Island League and the Battle Frontier, but they weren't as important considering he's never returned to the Orange Islands and he turned down the opportunity to become a Frontier Brain. Come on, let Ash win one of the leagues and then he can go back to another one. You can still make a new league if you want but come on, let Ash win the Sinnoh League!
  • a sad day for pokemon

6.7
    Let me start by saying that i was one of the thousands who grew up watching the origional pokemon, i was one of those kids eagerly waiting for the saturday morining line up on the WB. In the beginning this show rocked your world! THere was just something so origional and interesting about watching these little creatures fight, and the story line wasn't all that horrid either! However, things began to turn for the worst. A new land called Joto was shown to us and while it had all the previous charateristics that made the origional journy so great, it seemed that something was missing. It was still an awsome show, just taken down a couple of knotches. Then came Hoen. That was the end of it, pokemon was officially out of control. Not only did they take away one of the main charaters (misty) but they replaced her with 2 new characters that were hardly worth careing about. Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse, they come out with yet another new land and another new character! So although it pains me to say it, it's time to say good by to our friend pokemon. You have had a long and successful run but 493 pokemon is over kill and you should have stopped while you were ahead. If you must watch this show, i say stay to the origional adventures. the show by break down: "Kanto adventures": 10/10 "Joto adventures": 8/10 "hoen adventures": 3/10 "Shino adventures" 0/10
  • A kid-oriented classic show

This is a show I think of as a classic cartoon that everyone loves(and if you don't, then don't waste your time here). Sure, it's about fighting, but it's never bloody or disturbing, and that's fine. It's a very action-packed, complicated(but not too much), funny, cute show for everyone. But some cartoons(FOP, Spongebob, Danny Phantom), include jokes and allusions that only the adults can understand as well as the kid stuff. Pokemon's lack of this could be a reason why it's more popular with the kids than the adults.
  • When Pokemon came out in the Late 90's it was a phenomenon. It was huge, and now in the year's following it it has completely fallen apart.

This show used to actually be good. I remember that kids were obsessed with the trading cards, I swear they got so out of hand that my school banned them. Then the Pokemon games on gameboy and N64, then the whole merchandising phenomenon. While at the same time the Tv series. I used to love the T.V series in the Late 90's and think this was the coolest show but after a while I thought it got lame and stopped watching it. If you think Pokemon is anime then your wrong, this is basically Sesame Street in Japan. Anime is hardcore and has good storyline. Pokemon is lame and it seems that the journey will never end or never go further. It has no ending, it will go on forever like the Simpsons. The main character of Ash Ketchum why isn't he at school? Why does he always release his pokemon when he is trying to become a Master? I also remember when the 1st movie came out kids all over the country wanted to see it. I was in a huge waiting line to see it. However year's late I realized that movie was just a whole marketing scheme by Nintendo. They just want to cash in on the craze by creating more and more merchandising and movies. It's all crap, this is just an example of corporate greed. Nintendo and 4 kids were in this together to lure as many kids and bank as huge an investment on this big phenomenon. However I guess it backfired in their faces as Pokemon gets weaker and weaker year by year.
  • Now that 4Kids is out of the picture,there may be hope.

Pokemon still has a long way to go to regain its former glory,but it should'nt be that hard.For one thing,4Kids is out of the Pokemon picture.The show's decline began with 4Kids editing away half the show. Now that another company owns the show,things should get better.Unfortunatley,if Team Rocket continues to appear,things are going to stay the same.Those losers have gone from somewhat formidible bad guys,(way back when),to a really bad running gag.

It it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it.

What?I didn't have enough to talk about.

It it it it it.
  • I can't believe there are over 500 episodes of this show...

3.2
    I watched most of the first season of Pokemon when I was around 10 years old, and I liked it, but even then it had a lot of pretty cheesy moments. I mainly just liked the idea of monsters fighting against each other. When they brought in the second season, I just plain didn't like it. The show was already unpopular in my school by then, and I watched through the first season even when that was unpopular; the second season was just crossing some lines, so I stopped watching the show because I didn't like it, not because other people didn't like it. What really pissed me off was that they went beyond their original 150 total monsters. I mean, seriously, you have people living all over the world and "Whoops, we didn't notice these other dozens of Pokemon! Actually, we've already caught and tamed them, we've just been keeping it a secret from the rest of the world." Just ridiculous...
  • Ok. Either change the characters or just end the show. ash is pushing 30 here

2.5
    I know I'm exagerrating but you gotta admit that this show needs to stop. ash and brock have been all over the world but are still only average trainers? pikachu should be godlike, yet it still loses to wimp pokemon. the show has good animation, a great basis, and great potential to carry on for the next generation, but most fans are getting sick of ash. they need to get a new character like with yugioh gx. it worked for that show its doing very well and it has a great fanbase. why? cuz yugioh moved on. its that simple. i thought the japanese would realize that what they're producing is getting old but apparently they dont care. oh and ash needs to get a girl cuz i dont want to see a world where a guy in his teens has never even had a crush on anyone. thats another problem. he never changes. hes still the same pokemon loving, master wannabe that we've all known for like 10 years.
  • pokemon was a good show the first season or two. But after that they just started to make the show look real bad.

Do you reamember the first 151 pokemon were Mew was the last pokemon there was. ya the first season was one of the best and there were not that many pokemon out there. Now there is like 500+ pokemon and they have look crazy. The new seasons that they show on tv has killed pokemon like no other. whats next? a pokemon game where you need to catch them all and there is l000+ pokemon. get real that would take forever. I went out and got my sister the pokemon game for the DS. Its the same as all the other pokemon games the only thing is that there are more pokemon. when will it stop? Pokemon needs to stop making more season and stop making more movies. what movie are they on? number ten! just stop, pokemon has died and people killed it to much.
  • Like SpongeBob, this show's older seasons rocked a lot more.

This show is pure genius. I used to watch this show all the time, but sadly, time can wash away lots of things. Pokemon is still my favorite show ever, but the new age episodes look less good an exciting to me. This show was a lot more exciting when it was on like the first 3-4 seasons. Original Pokemon was great (back when there was only 151 pokemon.) So was Pokemon Johto (when there was 251 pokemon.) My favorite pokemon is obviously Lugia. This show stars Ash Ketchum, who is now a master at pokemon battles and other things. His two original friends are Misty and Brock. I love Team Rocket. Unfortunately, after a while with so many episodes, the awesomeness fuel can run out, and that's what happened with this show. TV has turned into crap these days but fortunately this show's recent episodes aren't too too bad and I find that there's a lot more worse garbage on TV than this right now. But I don't consider Pokemon garbage at all, even with its new episodes. This show is still a favorite of mine. How i wish I cold soar in space along wiht Mew and be as smart as Mewtwo! (Not evil like him though.) Pokemon... so much to say about this show... but that could take all night. My favorite type of Pokemon is psychic.
  • It is OK, but there is something really missing to it.

Pokemon is all about an annoying person named Ash Kethum (get it?) training his Pokemon to beat his rivals. He also protects his Pokemon from the ever failing Team Rocket, and others. One question to this show is "Why do the stupid Gym Leaders follow HIM?!?!?". Another question is "Why don't they put Team Rocket on there anymore?!?!". Anyway, here are the scores. Graphics: 7.8/10 (adequate) I like the graphics for this show. But, it is nothing compared to one of my favorite shows,"Spongebob Squarepants". Sound and voice:5.4/10 (middling) Now THIS is something missing. The annoying voices for the creepy trainers, ugh... But, the Pokemon voices are something to listen to then the trainers. Plots: 6.5/10 (average) Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad (all the movies for this show execpt the first one are all bad). Dialouge and Voice Casting: 5.4/10 (middling) And what they say is whimpy, too. Humor: 6/10 (average) A little bit, but not enough to laugh my head off. Grossness Factor 3/10 (not that bad) -0.4 off the original grade. Pokemon Animae Series: 6.5/10 (average) Cartoon Network needs enhancements to this show. Well, looks like my work here is done, stay tuned for my next review!
  • Gotten real old real fast.

Pokemon is truly one of the best shows produced so far. When I was young, I really enjoyed watching Pokemon. I kept watching it up until midway through season 7. I stopped watching because it had gotten preatty boring. i started watching it again when the 9th season aired. I admit, it took a while to get used to the new voice actors of the series. I still watch Pokemon, and I also have several of the pokemon games. I am really excited about the upcoming pokemon movie The Rise of Darkrai. I will be sad when pokemon finally ends, but it would have had a long run. My favorite character is currently Dawn. Pokemon is a really good show. That was few months ago. To be honest, now it is just really getting old. Almost every episode is filler and is just boring. The only times things actually happen are in the movies, and even those are getting old. I know it'd be saying goodbye to a huge part of my childhood, but maybe it's time Pokemon ended.
  • A little downhill, but still a long time fan :)

Ok. I loved this show as a kid. I really enjoyed ash's adventures in Kanto and Johto, especially Kanto. Call me what you want, but to me, nothing will EVER be better than the original 150. Johto isn't bad either. It's just that... well when the Hoenn region came, the show went a little... downhill (the bad voice actors don't help this fact). It's like when Misty, my favorite character left, the show kinda lost its glamour (if thats how ya spell it) Her replacement May was ok, a little annoying, but not bad. The one who really annoyed me was her little brother Max. Is it me or is it something about this kid that made you want to punch him in the face. Also, Team Rocket. They were my other favorite characters. They were funny and actually served a purpose to the show. Now there just comic relief. And on a side note, james' new voice actor makes him sound like a... i'm not even gonna finish that. Now the Sinnoh region, even worse. I hate Dawn. There's something about that girl I just don't like. All in all, if you're new to the series, I suggest you watch the first 5 seasons. They were funny and had great plots. Random note: My favorite pokemon are pikachu, charmander, and jynx. (random much i know...)
  • This show used to be awesome, but when they took away misty this show went down hill. But I still love the classic episodes when there was only 150 pokemon.

An eleven year old boy name Ash, sets out on a quest with his Pickachu, to find and catch other pokemon. with him are Brock and Misty. Misty is following him because he ruined her bike and she wants him to pay for it. Brock is following him because he was getting tired of being a gym leader. Misty likes water pokemon, Brock likes rock pokemon, and Ash likes whatever pokemon he can get his hands on. Brock likes girls, Misty tends to steer clear of boys, and Ash is indifferent. Together they fight battles, catch pokemon, and this is the greatest cartoon ever!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10