Pokémon

Saturday 8:30 AM on Cartoon Network Premiered Sep 08, 1998 In Season

mstrgmr

Pokémon Fan Reviews (899)

• It's really getting boring but it still makes itself watch

Pokemon is without doubt the best cartoon show for me. I grew up watching indiego season. So, pokemon world holds a great place inside me. I began watching it again when i'm 17 and I was fascinated because it was still great. The pokemon world inside me was awakening. I watched the first 5 season with great pleasure (espacially indiego,orange islands and master quest). But when misty went, i was really devastated. Because i was thinking pokemon world itself was growing with the characteristic development of charecters like Misty and Ash and it was getting mature with misty's romance. But with advanced generation's start, it returned to the beginning. I watched the 6. season but it was kinda boring. However when i say myself i should give up wathcing it, i just can't. There is something that still makes attracting the pokemon. And i think that's why people like me still watches pokemon. Because it's kinda escape from the real world and a childhood world that we never wanna leave. If it wasn't for that, who would want to watch a show whose protagonist never ages for years, and whose characters (like team rocket) says the same motto for years. And yes, i'm among those saying Ash should be 17 or older in the anime and i think there shouldn't be new pokemon. This makes the show much more boring and meaningless. And i think there should be an end season in which ash would win a league and defeat the elite four, and meets old friends like Misty and Brock.

Well, overall x and y is worth watching, espacially if you are bound to it like me. I actually just watched the first 6 season and planning to watch entire advanced generation. After that i think it's time to give up. Because the show seems endless and for this reason it's getting worthless.
  • Don't listen to ActionAdventure! This show is great!

My sister loves this show! :p
  • Has Become Atrocious, and is Beyond Overrated

It was at its best in the OS, for Kanto and OI specifically, though Johto had an excellent English dub: 10/10

It went slightly downhill when Misty left but was still good in AG: 9/10

It went completely downhill when TPCi took over and ruined the English dub from BF to XY: 1/10

I couldn't disagree more with most of what natsulian7 said, by the way.

There is no stunning animation in the XY Series: Ash's eyes still look goofy, he doesn't even f*cking look his age (he's 10 for life!), and it's very overdone and exaggerated.

There is zero character development in XY Series apart from Clemont: Ash is as static and bland as ever, Bonnie is annoying and has zero depth to her character whatsoever, Serena has done nothing for 30+ episodes now but be a shallow, vain b*tch, there are no interactions: when do Bonnie and Ash EVER interact? Serena and Clemont? Never.

Overall: 1/10 because I hate what it's become-- 4Kids dubbed it a lot better over TPCi's garbage, and the older Series are better-- you want a real Pokemon Anime, watch "The Origin" or the OS or AG Series, not this trash.

If I could give it a lower rating, I WOULD: this is a TERRIBLE show now-- I would not recommend what it has to become to ANYONE.
  • X and Y

What can I say? First off, the X and Y series has done many things Black and White tried to do but consequently failed correctly. The animation is fluid, colored backgrounds are no longer used but are replaced by the current setting, and overall, X and Y is by far the best animated series in the Pokemon Series so far. Character development is great with the correct amount of screening time for each character although the female protagonist Serena does need more honing than others.

Pros:

- Stunning animation

- Stable character development

- Character conversion; converting bland characters such as gym leaders, Diantha, and NPC's in the game into fluid, relatable, and stable characters

- Character interactions

- Brother and sister interactions

- Malamar; one of the most intriguing Pokemon in the Series to date

- Gym Battles; stunning animation but at the same time, shows off Ash's skills as a trainer

- Character of the day; infectious characters built with the correct mindset

- Plot structure; main antagonists are not needed to move the Saga forward but will prove an amazing asset if they do debut

- Mega Acts I and II; animation is even more stunning with in-depth characters, antagonists, goals, and is an overall great side series

Cons:

- Too much screening time for some characters

- Serena's little to no development

- Pokemon catching rate; this is both a con and pro as it means more for Ash's and co's Pokemon but at the same lacks diversity and entertainment

- Pokemon development; not as much as Black and White and Diamond and Pearl Sagas but too little, they seem more like props than characters

In the end, the good outweigh the bad and so far, this series proves one of the best in the Pokemon Series.
  • Awesome

This is my favorite game and i didnt really watch the show but x and y show is great i love it 10/10
  • pokemon

great cartoon ever
  • Still alive!

Back at the end of the 1990s a show was born.

That became the anime Pokemon.

The show and movies is fresh after the end of the millennium.

Ash is a young trainer that are out to fetch Pokemon.

Now still other young trainers follows him.

From Viridian City to the beaches and forests.

You will root for the many different types of Pokemon.

The villains Jesse and James steals the show.

And a lot of Pokemon memes was born.

If you seek some old school animated action and adventure see this.

10/10
  • It still goes on

I've been a big Pokemon fan for years. Like a lot of fans, I started with the first generation and it will always hold a special place to me. I just liked the show so much even if it was cheesy at times. Ash, Misty, and Brock had different personalities but meshed so well together and went through lots of character development. Generally, I only really like Pokemon up till Battle Frontier. When 4kids lost their rights to the show, I personally felt the new voices were horrible. I also didn't like how they butchered Ash's character. With every new region after Hoen, Ash lost all his wisdom and experience. His Pikachu gets underpowered with each new gen as well when we all know he should be very powerful by now. And don't get me started on the whol Ash is forever 10 (*Plays Alphaville's "Forever Young" song*)

I stopped watching the anime in the middle of the Sinnoh saga. Way too many fillers and I just wasn't feeling the new characters except for Hunter J. I also feel that Team Rocket got butchered to hell during that saga. They weren't funny anymore (at least to me) and I hated how they started talking in rhymes. The fact that I didn't like their new voices made it worse and to the point where i would hope they wouldn't make an appearance. The new character Dawn, she was okay at first but she started getting tedious. I didn't like her voice all that much and her Piplup was obnoxious. Ash's new rival Paul was pretty badly written. I didn't mind that he was a rude and arrogant person but they never explained why he was. He was just a jerk for the sake of being a jerk, and that to me, doesn't make a good character. I much prefer Gary over him. But yeah, the Sinnoh saga is either hit or miss, it was a miss for me.

Then Black & White came out. I thought it was going to be great. It started out okay at first. I liked how Team Rocket took a more serious role but I really couldn't take them that seriously because of their bad voices. Still, it was interesting. The new characters, Iris and Cilan were not my cup of tea. Iris had potential but I just never got a feel for her. I hated her "You're such a kid" phrase to Ash when she is like, the same age as him. Cilan was annoying only because of his stupid food analogy talk. ALWAYS comparing Pokemon to food. The rivals were bad in my opinion too. All had such boring and one dimensional personalities. The only reason I kept watching was to watch the battle/war of Team Rocket vs Team Plasma. Unfortunately, the episode never aired after the tragic tsunami/earthquake of Japan. After that, I just lost interest and stopped watching.

Now with X/Y, I'm actually liking it so far. I do like Serena so far and Clemont is pretty cool. I don't really care much for Bonnie but she's okay in small doses. I haven't watched a lot of episodes yet but I'm going to tune in because I'm liking it so far, even though I still cannot stand Ash.

The funny thing is that had 4kids continued to dub the show and they still had their old writers, I would probably still enjoy the series just as much as I did when I was a kid but unfortunately, that's not the case. I know people say 4kids ruins everything they touch and while that is true for some, Pokemon was one of their successes in terms of dub.

Anyway, while the show has been either hit or miss, the games are still enjoyable to play. :)
  • I still enjoy it!

I still watch Pokemon to this day, and I'm almost 20. I will admit, the first few seasons were amazing, the middle ones not so much. I definitely miss some of the older characters like misty, Gary, may, max, and now Brock. I think that ash's kalos journey has actually started off great, and I really really enjoyed it! Definitely already better than black and white. Besides a few things (like when ash says psyched which I swear nobody says). I know he has to keep stuff like his impulsiveness and other sometimes grudging traits, but hey that makes ash. Back to the whole show though. I thing its xy is more I guess dramatic. The animation is great, and they even brought a different version of the original theme song! Along with that we see many of the same Pokemon from previous seasons in the background. I find it awesome how they mixed the old with the new, its a change with some nostalgia.
  • It went down hill from dp...

1.5
    I think, that the first 5 series were awesome brilliant, they were funny, the pokemon were cute and the characters were good. Then we hit the series with May and Max, who I also thought were brilliant, team rocket was also good in all of them. I especially favoured their costumes and disguises and the fact that he usually had one of his pokemon (I remember Cacnea and Victreebel mostly) attacking him. Then the dp battle dimensions made an appearance, and it was good but it kind of got tiring, always changing the female characters. I would say the only good thing about that was the running joke of the female companions bikes being broken, but thats about it. It started to annoy me because there were less and less references to other older characters, like misty and tracey. I also didn't get pokemon chronicles, don't get me wrong it was a great season but it has a new trainer, I think he was called Jimmy? We see him for a special feature length episode 'The legend of Thunder' then we never hear him again, wouldn't it be better if they expanded on him and his journey as well? It really ticks me off that they introduce some pretty cool characters, like Jimmy and Ritchie, who was apparently Ashes best friend, then we never hear of see them again. It also tends to do this with his pokemon, for example his pidgeot, primeape and butterfree. Now, I saw a sorta new episode of pokemon that was all about butterfrees and would of been the perfect to make Ash's Butterfree make a brilliant reappearance, I was actually expecting that, but no. So basically whenever he says something along the lines of "We'll meet again sometime/where we can be sure that we'll never see that person or pokemon again. Then the show hit rock bottom, its clear they must be running out of ideas and voice. I absoloutly detest James and Meowths new voices eugh! They just awful, meowth sounds like he's just attempted the cinnamon challenge and failed and james just sounds horrible. It has grown old. Maybe if the drawing hadn't been changed as well, ashes face is bad, they've changed the eyes. Also team rocket don't even use the Meowth hot air balloon anymore or 'blast off' Nurse joy looks horrendous because of the hair and face. Too much changes. I know I was born in 2000 and missed some of it, but I watched them on YouTube and I know a change when I see it. Pikachu is ugly now, not fat fluffy and cute. Overall the changes from 1998-present aren't for the good of the show. The animators really need to think this through and try to make it resemble the brilliant original a little more.
  • Top Shows

Most ep til advanced pt. 2 (97-04)
  • Game is great, but anime got boring

Ok let's got this straight. Pokemon came out in 1998 and I was born in 2001 so I kind of missed out in the kanto part (although I did watch it later and thought it was great) I never really liked pokemon until I was about 6 and this was when d/p came out I was glued to it. I really enjoyed it because it was so kid friendly for little kids and the older episodes were actually humorous. But when b/w came out I was shocked. I absolutely hated the new characters like cilan and iris. Cilan is like a wannabe Brock and iris is a wannabe misty. I also didn't like how ashs voice was so much more different than the d/p series and how pika uh was even more skinny than d/p. it was like the show completely changed. I also grew up with some of the pokemon games like d/p, but eventhough I grew up with theses games I actually preferred the older games like r/s/e and g/s/e because I already had the game boy. All in all, new episodes suck, old episodes rock, and pretty much all the games are good (especially x and y love that game so much) hope this helped! :P
  • Game kicks ass, cartoon sucks it.

There, I said it.
  • the show got boring

after seeing misty leave the show got boring misty was the funny one in the show brock would flirt with a girl and misty would just jump in and now that max and may are in the show they aree good but may is fine but to much of a rookie (i dont mean to be rude) and at the start of the season of may she just wanted a pokemon to just explore the world but later she starts caring about pokemons and then later there voices change witch messed up the show and i was reading that now the writers dont care about the characters looks and voice and the reason they took off misty is because of a romantic thing going on with ash and misty but the writers chose to put a love romantic and i read that they want to do a 100 seasons of pokemon and i think its just for the games and i belive that they dont care about the show no more and what the fans want but when brock was gone for a season a bunch of fans wanted him back and now that he is back they dont care much for him and misty is gone and alot of people want misty back but they wont bring her back because of the love romances and now the latest female is dawn (i dont know whats going on there im still watching the beginning of season 6) and now the show keep getting boring because that misty is gone and the voice changed and know one knows whats going to be in the future of pokemon.
  • Just Got Back Into It

When I first watched this it was around 1998 and was on for a year. After watching one episode, I was hooked and became part of the Pokmon craze. Even to this day I praise the older episodes and am super stoked they are being aired on Cartoon Network. Amazingly, this anime was dubbed by none other than 4Kids, the WORST dubbing company of all time. That's right, 4Kids actually did something right.

Now after a few years I lost interest in the show, but a small part of me still liked it and started building up and amazingly I started liking again a few months ago, though I am not a fan of the way the show is now. It's not the masterpiece I knew all those years ago.

Surprisingly, despite being made in 1997, 8 years after The Simpsons first aired, Pokmon has actually surpassed the show in number of episodes, having well over 700 episodes. I think the reason the anime is still surviving is because of the popularity of the games.
  • Greatest show of my childhood

I was born in 1997 so i dont have a lot of memories from the Kanto region until the very end but every time i hear that theme song it brings back great memories. I have now watched most of the show now online and now i am starting to remember everything.

Personally i loved seasons 1-5 with misty the most because that is what i grew up early on with and i was devastated when misty left but i thought i should still give it a try.

Advanced generation i have more memories of because i wasnt as young then and i like may but not max. I also liked the idea of introducing contests to the tv show which added a new dimension to the show with out wrecking it. Season 9 sorta sucked for me not because of ash or brocks voices but because of may's, it got so high and irritating. But all in all i loved the advanced generation.

Moving on to diamond and pearl, i loved this series also but less than the previous ones. I didnt like the fact that Brock had the most minor of roles and that misty didnt appear and except for one little mention was all but forgotten. Paul was horrible but he added yet another dimension to the series and he ( unlike everyone else in the series) actually developed in like the last few episodes. All in all it was a good series but couldnt hold a candle to the original.

I didnt even watch black and white because it was such a screw up compared to the originals. I guess the real problem is how they add in so many legendaries and so many crappy characters that have no connection with the original.

If it were me i would stop following the games so much even if you had to split them. Following the games the way they do leaves no room for character or relationship development because they couldn't continue on the same way. They teased about each girl (especially dawn and misty) liking ash and being such a good match and then they completely cut it off like nothing happened. They should have ash go back to kanto up to sinnoh and travel with his old friends and actually develop as a character and create a relationship with a girl instead of going on like he never ages and never has a clue that every girl likes him. And have him go to different gyms than the originals and have him meet up with some of the other friends he made. If the terminates the show so be it just start off by telling the journeys through another characters point of view like misty's or gary's or brocks.

Sorry this was so long but i needed to get it out there
  • best tv series ever seen

pokemon is awesome. the way they take the story is brilliant. i think the ash shud not become younger. he shud always be the same. in each and every season they change the pokemon. for once i thot they are experimenting way too much. but later realised that those new pokemon itself is making it fresh again and again. the creativity they had bring out while team rocket tels their motto was outstanding esp in 3rd season. and if anyone tells that ash shud enter into a relationship, i disagree. for one this is made jus for kids and 2nd let it be for kids. pokemon is all abt friendship, whether its btw human or a human and pokemon. i also don think pokemon is repeating itself again and again but whn it comes to legendary pokemon stuff, i think that shud change. how abt normal thriller story jus like team rocket and the ghost train story. it didn contain legendary pokemon but still was awesome. the 3rd season involving paul was the ultimate. each and every episode was exiting. and the story btw them was shown beautifully. the way they battled out, paul using tactics against ash was worth watching. better than any other tv series. i look forward for further series. i hope they keep this new attacks and creativity moving on.

i jus wish he becomes the champion once. then he can concentrate both on champions league and other leagues. but sometimes i do feel he shud not bcum champion. that makes him running.

i also wish ash gets some rare pokemon. someone that noone has. whn i saw meloetta in black and white, i jus wished ash catch that pokemon.

but the worst of all is black and white series. hey.. what happened to black and white season? til 3rd season all were awesome. the way they showed the attacks were awesome. but in black and white the quick attack was the worst. and in addition the team rocket were shown as evil. in previous seasons in some episodes team rocket though evil are shown as caring each other. but in BW it wasnt. i think in BW they tested out in a whole different way by putting different stories in one season itself. well different from rest of seasons but cud hav done better.

on the whole i wish best of luck for pokemon. hope to keep this creativity goin
  • Makes no sence

The show has no direct story line and I dont even think that there is one. Sadly, the show was good but it probally lasted longer than it should have like Phineas and Ferb. The show just is`nt clear at all to me.
  • Its ok but it overstayed its welcome

Pokemon is a decent show but its just getting to old. The plots are repetitive and characters have no arc. Every season is the same. Travel,get a pokemon, fight the gym leader, and stop team rocket. Its repetitive. Team rocket is the worst villain group ever. The group's plan is always the same, steal the pokemon. Its been 500 episodes and they haven't gotten one. They are idiots. Ash is also an idiot and constantly gives up pokemon. At the end of one episode, he sends tons of his pokemon to professor oak's lab. Why? Shouldn't you have more pokemon if you want to win a battle. Also at the end of every season, he loses. He's the hero. Shouldn't he win at some point. I've also noticed that no one ages at all. Ash is still the same age he was at the beginning of the series and its been 500 episodes . Why hasn't Ash aged yet? Isn't his pikachu at least at level 100 now.

1/10. I'm sorry. Its just time to move on and end this show
  • POKEMON THE SERIES X AND Y

Make Ash get some interesting and rare pokemon
  • Pokemon

I love pokemon, I'm kinda obsessed with it. I'm 16. I love generation 1-4 (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh) 4th geberation is my favorite. The show is awesome. It always makes me cry the way they always give up their pokemon. Especially James from team rocket. Brock was my favorite character, and in the Unova region (5th generation) They killed him off to become a pokemon doctor. Not only that, but there are no pokemon whatsoever from any of the previous generations in Unova. They made Ash look so different from what we are used to, and he's going to look even different in whatever region X and Y takes place in. They changed it way too much. If Jesse, James, and Meowth are there, then that would be the only thing to connect Unova to the other gen. Also pikachu of course. It breaks my heart to be quite honest. I'm writing fan fiction about pokemon Platnium for my Creative Writing class, and I've beat the game many times, and I've been watching season 10-13 which is the Sinnoh region. And I'm almost done watching and I think I got too emotionally attached to it. That's why it pains me so much to see all these unnessisary changes. I disagree with everyone who says he should age. They purposly made it so he was the age of the target audience. So I guess It's kind of silly for me to have such an attachment to the show, but it's just so amazing seasons 1-13. Which is until it totally crashes and burns in Unova..
  • what whent wrong with pokemon?

First of all how is ash still ten he should be in is late teens. Pokemon was always a part of my life 15 and still love it. As the years whent by i watched and saw my childhood go downhill. The show just got lazy. OK yes they had good characters like Brock, Misty, May and Dawn ( am I the only one that thinks May and Dawn look alike. ) but thats about it and now they tooked them out and replaced it with crap. It repeats it self and the part you love are taken away like Butterfree, Primeape, Pigeot ect. Team Rocket needs to stop being stalkers and accept the fact that pikachu is off limits. The pokemon sadly need to stop before its too late. The game was fun all the way up too Soul Silver and Heart Gold, When i played black and white i was like WTF is this shit. They changed it way too much. It was not the classic fun way to play but this totaly new game plus the new pokemon where way too ugly. My heart is broken too know my bigest part of me is breaking apart. I will always love pokemon but they have reach rock bottom another few years and it will be all out of bisness. All this just too say the franchise needs to come to an end
  • pokemon rocks the house

i have missed a lot and and am thankful for the enternet and i have been able to catch up on the show and man when is ash going to grow up and not fall for team rocket plot every time right i mean its been what 16 seasons and dont get me worgn i love the show but he should be in his late teens and should have a girlfriend by now what happen to angie they would make a nice set right ? any way what is season 17 going to be about ? is ash going to see angie and what about misty and brock his friends and what about gary and paul will he see them once more ????
  • Just awesome. But...

Okay i'm a big fan of pokemon i've watched every single episode (even the banned ones) and i can say it's pretty cool. The story, characters and pokemon are wonderful. But, the worst thing about this series is that It repeats itself with Ash starting a new adventure, all of his skills and pikachu's power erases. 16 seasons and he has only won 1 league. People will pretty much get bored of it... stupid producers!
  • The Pokemon the Best Cartoon ever

This my friends is Pokemon, its a cartoon which is continued and unlike any other cartoon, this is cartoon is just reality, If u will watch this cartoon from the very start and understand it till the very know what i mean, MAN, this cartoon, I've been watching when i was 3 years old, but, it used to come on in English, that time i didn't knew English, Even tho i remember some scenes {of Pokemon like yesterday} when i used to watch. But things have changed when i came to knew Pokemon is on internet, now that i'm Educated and know English to its known level, i have watched Pokemon's all season from 1 to till PRESENT. I JUST WANT TO TELL U GUYS / FELLOWS / FRIENDS, Pokemon touches my heart very deeply, just as Ash thinks back how much he has traveled to come this far, as the music starts, i go mean, come on guys, u should able to know what i am For Life

I have created an account at www . pokemonbattlearena . net or u can just search it on Google as 'pokemon crater', believe me guys, if ur a pokemon fan like me, ur gonna love this game. its like your setting up for an adventure just like ASH
  • The original is AWFUL admit it!

People say that the original series was better, but what people don't realize is that the original was actually one of the worst shows made at the time or in ever. The show is horribly inaccurate to the games it's CLEARLY based off of and contradicts the games, rules and even itself at time and people who are new could assume that what they see on tv they can do in the show. That is nor the worst of it all of the characters in the show seem to have a joke on them and boy does it get old within the first 30 episodes and this show isn't even a comedy. They seemed more focused on making it funny rather than making it accurate to the game and trying to make Ash look like a big sore loser cheater in the show. Think about it is that a good hero, a person who calls everybody a cheater even though he HIMSELF breaks the rules and gets what he wants for free?! Just think about it and trust me this is the kind of show that when you get older and you look back, you realize that this show is so flawed that you almost wonder how this even got aired with all of the mistakes it made. Starting from Johto I would recommend, but the first and second seasons forget it! It just insults the intelligence in the audience with horribly repetitious jokes, plot holes, poor writing and unexplained nonsense. I mean come on Digimon was more true to it's original material, Power Rangers was more true to it's original material even shows like Megaman, Donkey Kong Country and Captain N the Game Master at least shows they researched the games their based off of and weren't THIS badly inaccurate to the original material. Not only that, but this show was actually one of the better cultural shows as the Japanese version taught people about some of Japan's culture and other interesting details, but then 4kids dubbed the series and inserted pop cultural references, Americanization, modern references and terrible puns. Even the Japanese screwed up on this show as this show is one of the most inaccurate shows to be based off the games and 4kids only made it even more unbearable. Trust me look up WTF Pokemon and look for the episodes Youko and Swordhunter made and you will see what was so wrong with the first season of the entire series. You can find their show on .
  • A great show

Pokemon finally back on good quality levels with the BW series.

ORIGINAL SERIES:Was the best timely classic..

AG:okay but not that great due to the show being on a decline here.

DP:Worst series ever, plus Dawn was ugly.

BW: A great series with Cilan and a sexy hot looking Iris.
  • I love Pokmon!

I love Pokemon Black and White. Cilan is hot! And he reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog. I love seeing him shirtless. Even his brothers are cool! I think Iris is ugly. Ash is okay but people are getting tired of him. I disagree with what you people think.
  • redtr

dstfdtretret
  • Pokemon Series currently sucks !

3.5
    This are the messages I got from the Anime -

-1) An Underdog will always remain an underdog . They can dream big but at the end they will fail no matter how much they work for it !

-2) Friend held a trainer back ! A lot people complain about Ash no training in Unova But they failed to notice that Ash can't train enough because his friend keep dragging him to some Worthless adventure ! All other trainer who travel alone , Becomed more develop then Ash because they didn't had 2 sidekick holding them back !

-3) Hard Work & experience is worthless compare to a child prodigy ! Even a rookey Child prodigy will be 5 year ahead of an average hard working person . So if we got a same aged Child Prodigy as our rival then we should give up because we can't compete against a rookie child prodigy ! A Child Prodigy will beat us without even working hard for it .

-4) We shouldn't dream to becoming anything if we didn't born with the Talent ! Underdog like Ash will always be inferior to child prodigy & they will always fail So Kid shouldn't dream big like Ash without inborn talent Or They will become as pathetic & lame as Ash right now! Only those who born with inborn talent are worthy of Dreaming Big !

This are Message the Anime gives !

Ya Pokemon is for Kids

But Shugo Chara and Sgt Frog are also for Kids and even they has much better plot !

The only reason Pokemon Survive for up until now because of the Merchandise & Game .

The Anime stuff are so lazy that they doesn't even try working .

And They got so angry that People wanted them to be Creative about the Unova League that they purposely created the Worst League ever just to Punish Fans who wanted them to be creative !

As For selling Merchandise ,

Digimon Xros War had great Toy Sales even those the New Protagonist was a Child Prodigy and the show had a Mature plot .

Therefore , Pokemon Merchandise would decrease if The Anime had a Strong ,Smart & Developed Ash , Qualified Superior rival , Good Battle , Better Tournament , Better League and Better Story Plot .

Because , The best way to advertise Anime Merchandise is to Create the Best Story Plot for the Anime .

The Mistake is ''Best Wishs'' wasn't accidental !

Those Mistake were made on Purpose .

In other World , Pokemon Anime Director/Writer ruined the Whole series on Purpose

TOON