Pokémon

Episode Movie 2

Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One

Aired Saturday 8:30 AM Jul 21, 2000 on Cartoon Network

• Thus the Earth shall turn to ash.

After the first Pokmon movie, this is a bit of a disappointment.

The art it still very beautiful and detailed, but here they added computer animation to the mix, and I personally hate that, especially when put in the middle of traditional anime; it looks ugly and out of place, no way around it.

They didn't pay as much attention to detail in this one when it came to the plot, and it was a bit thinner than the first one. The beginning, which lay out the basis of the story, also seemed a little short/incomplete. It simply could have had... more in it.

Of course this movie also lacked the emotional charge of the first one. A decent movie, better than some of the episodes, but when it's put into comparison with something better, it is easy to see they could have put more effort into storytelling and add a little more depth.

Also, I've never really found the Pokmon's telepathic voices to fit them. I don't know why. They just seem odd, especially Lugia's in this one.

Not a bad movie, though. Very watchable.
  • another pokemon movie

in this movie is about learning that ash is a choeson one and Pikachu goes on another adventure and this movie is about some card gambler and he wants the 3 powerful birds and the all powerful Lugia I like him better and then Ash must get 3 balls to fix the problem with the 3 bird Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno, get into a big fight and Lugia helps Ash to set things right and then the card gambler fu#ks things up and then at the end he gets a mew card that i got when i bought the VHS
  • The 2nd TV movie, Pokemon 2000, is the best of the 10 TV movies they have done for this series so far, and the best storyline of all of them too.

I know when I first watched this movie 8 years ago, I was still in middle school. I probably have yet to this day find a kid-friendly animated movie better than this one. Seeing so many legendary Pokemon from the 1st and 2nd seasons were really cool, along with Ash and Misty possibly starting a romantic relationship together. The whole second season to me had those two possibly getting hooked up for good, but as the rest of you Pokemanics know, that was not meant to be. I liked the part at the end where Ash is potentially suffering from hypothermia, and is still determined to get that sphere to the stone relic on the center island. Overall, it's the best Pokemon movie made so far, and one of the best made of all-time.
  • This movie rocks

Ash is the special chosen one selcted to save the world from destruction. This was the best of all the movies done. the first movie is the only other good one. but this one had everything that makes a good pokemon movie.
    it had humor, action, and even some romance. nicely done, there will never be another like it.
    the ash and misty romance element surprised me when i saw this, though i have always been a fan of the couple. it just made the film that much better.
    and great lines such as "Prepare for more trouble than you've ever seen." "and make it double we're on the big screen." is one of the greatest jokes ever done. at least for this series.
  • A good Pokemon Movie

This Pokemon Movie is really good. I saw this movie in theaters. It was another pokemon movie that kept the sieries going. Lugia was introduced for the first time in this movie. This movie however is a little different from the cartoon. In the cartoon team rocket is known as the bad guys. this time team rocket had changed for a while and decided to help ash, Misty, and Tracy in this movie. I also noticed that brock was gone for a while in the second season and later returned. while brock was gone tracy took his place. In this movie when I saw it there was this one scene with brock running back and fourth and screeming. he was only in this movie for a split second. I remember when I first saw this movie I thought brock was no longer in the series and when I saw him in this movie I diddn't think it was really him at first. alot of my friends had also noticed the same thing. It was so wierd. This movie is really good and every pokemon fan out there should watch this movie at least ounce.
  • Ash is the chosen one to save the world. Can he do it in time?

OK, this is only my favorite movie cuz it's the only movie with a BUNCH of AAML hints in it. I would buy it, but I can't find it in any stores. I love how Misty's face looks after Melody kisses Ash. It's so priceless! Then whenever Melody mentions Ash to be Misty's boyfriend, Misty always denies it and blushes. I got goosebumps the part where Misty is off to go save Ash. "And Ash is never really alone cuz he's got........me" Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I love that part. I got so many goosebumps. And when Misty was swimming to shore she had he eyes GLUED to his face. Ya!!!!! AAML FOREVER!!!!
  • They could have done so much more with this.

The second pokémon movie is done much better than the first and was a good movie. Judging by my score however you know I'm about to say something negative about it. While in essence the story and action is very good I am saddened to say the following sentence. They could have done so much more with this. Although I like the idea of them using team rocket in this they still only do it in the climax of the story and don't come until the end to do another cliché ending joke done in a million movies. While I did like the corny jokes again and there was a lot more action there are still flaws. The villian didn't feel to me like a villian and I hated how he was voiced and made. I didn't even know his name was Lawrence III until I looked it up. I did like his flying fortress of evil that was held up by tiny propellers and I often wondered how they could all keep it afloat. There are of course other things such as obvious dub errors and a better use of secondary characters such as Tracey. Overall it's a good flawed film.
  • Ash is the special chosen one selcted to save the world from destruction.

• A Pokémon collector, Lawrence III, tries to capture the three legendary birds. His goal is to capture Lugia, Beast of the Sea, who will awaken after balance is disrupted. A prophecy states that Ash can calm the birds with the help of Lugia, but can he?

This movie was very good. It was very cool to see Lugia appear for the first time and also for the the legendary birds to be in this movie. What I also liked about this movie was that Misty seemed to actually show that she really does like Ash. There was a lot of action in this movie, but what I didn't like was the prophecy. "Disturb not the Titans of Fire, Ice, or Lightning lest these Titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash. Though the water's Great Guardian may arise to quell the fighting, alone its song shall fail lest the world turn to Ash. O Chosen One, into thine hands bring together all three the treasures combined bring the Beast of The Sea."

The prophecy was fine, but I hated how Ash had to be the Chosen One. I think it would be much better if Ash did save the world, but if he wasn't the Chosen One. What I also hated was the intro of the title! The music was bad and so was the font of the title! Anyways, the movie was pretty good except for that mistake when Melody call Misty by her name when they weren't introduced. The plot is wonderful about the birds and Lugia and there is a lot of adventure. Also, Lugia's Song is wonderful! Overall, the movie was good and could have become great, but it was still wonderful to see.
  • A Pokémon collector hopes to gather the three rare birds that are prophesied to release the deadly sea monster, Lugia.

This second movie was so cool like the first one because it was mainly focused on the three legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Also, Slowking and Lugia was there as well. Here, Ash was the "Chosen one" to save the world from being a disaster. The three legendary birds battled each other and Lugia did everything to stop the epic battle. All three calmed down after they were exhausted. Ash put the balls on the place where they belong and the music played. The birds left and Ash saved the world. And so Lugia left.