Police Story

NBC (ended 1977)

Police Story Fan Reviews (6)

7.1
  • Best Police Drama of All-time!

Talking about the best cop and crime show, probably Police Story would be the first on my list! Compare to other police drama primetime, this one simply stood above them all! Each week episode is so prevailing that leaves a countless impression to its audiences and number 1 fan like me! It was credibly the first police drama the really tackles the real life of a police showing their strength and weknesses. Pete Malloy was my fave character of the show. I'm glad that the DVD boxset I bought from DVDBOOTH .com was supplied with great packaging and top-rate quality! I'm very thankful because I've been looking for this DVD copy for a very long time. This Police Story boxset will be surely a treasured keepsake for every Police Story supporters like me!
  • This show brought us into the life of LAPD officers in a way no other show has done.

Great Show the writing and acting were some of the best ever done on TV. It remains one of the top shows in my book.
    A smart network would bring Police Story back to it's line up. To do so would ensure future generations would see this show and would come to apprecate great writing and acting. Mor over they would be treated to a fine show to boot.
    I believe a smart network would bring Police Story back to ensure a strong spot in their line up. Please can we get someone to listen to us? Does anyone know if Police Story has been released on DVD or Video Tape? And does anyone
    know who produced this show?
  • A television series that looked at the lives and duties of police officers.

This series was created by retired Los Angeles Police Officer Joseph Wambaugh who after retiring wrote two best selling novels "The New Centuriens" and "The Blue Knight". He created this classic series that looked into police investigations and procedures, homicides, narcotics, car theft, missing persons and other assorted crimes.

The series also deals with investigations, job stress, internal affairs, family issues, dead end leads, obtaining information from informants, retirements and other issues.
    A great list of guest stars include Robert Forster, Don Meredith, Tony Lo Bianco, Earl Holliman, Steve Lawrence, Joe Santos, Louis Gossett Jr. Robert Goulet, Angie Dickenson, Christopher George, Greg Morris and William Shatner.
  • Police anthology series focusing on members of the LAPD.

They don't make them like this anymore. And many of us wish they did. POLICE STORY became a force to be reckoned with and literally rewrote all rules for police dramas from 1973 forward. With a dose of realism unheard of at the time, POLICE STORY became an instant classic with non-cliched dialogue and authentic settings. The show was fostered by retired LAPD Sgt. Joseph Wambaugh, whose (at the time) best sellers, "The New Centurions", "The Blue Knight" and "The Onion Field", took police fiction and non fiction into its own stratosphere. Real life cops embraced the show as did critics and the public. Never a ratings blockbuster, POLICE STORY was a constant winner and NBC saw it had gold in the Hollywood hills. The series continued to improve year by year and by it's third season won the Emmey for Best Dramatic Series (1975-76). A harrowing soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith bolstered the story lines, that focused not only on uniformed cops and detectives, but specialty units as SWAT, Special Surveillance Detail and Scientific Investigative Division. Great work all around.
  • how do you watch the episodes or does the site lie when it says quote watch the full episodes of police story unquote

how do you watch the episodes or does the site lie when it says quote watch the full episodes of police story unquote how do you watch the episodes or does the site lie when it says quote watch the full episodes of police story unquotehow do you watch the episodes or does the site lie when it says quote watch the full episodes of police story unquotehow do you watch the episodes or does the site lie when it says quote watch the full episodes of police story unquotehow do you watch the episodes or does the site lie when it says quote watch the full episodes of police story unquote
  • A fantastic cop show from former cop turned writer Joseph Wambaugh.

A fantastic cop show from former cop turned writer Joseph Wambaugh. More than a pretty good cop show. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.