TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Popular Forums

The WB (ended 2001)

Popular is cancelled - *All opinions, comments and suggestions should go here*

birk_feed_me

[1]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 16
    It seems as though
    every few days someone starts a new thread about "oh my god, i cant
    believe popular got cancelled. what were the WB thinking..." and so
    on... These are invariably followed by threads relating to "Reunions" "Movies"
    "Remakes" "Spin-offs" and the like. All of these posts should now be
    put in this all-encompassing thread. New threads started on this same
    topic will be deleted.
    Thanks
    -Adam
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

degrassi_lover

[2]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 21

Ok. Yes, I might be again one of those people who say Popular is cancelled why! But Popular was such a funny and well made series and I really hate that thye promised Ryan Murphy a third season and they lied. Popular should at least have the right conclusion.

AndrewK512

[3]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 5
    Well, a long while ago, I had never seen the last episode just almost all of the other episdodes and I was quite mad they ended it. But then I saw the last episode and it made me realize that I didn't want a third season. If Popular had gone on longer I think I wouldn't have liked it, two seasons was good enough for me.

babes412

[4]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 4

I hated the way season two ended but I personally hate cliff-hangers in any show anyway so thats just me hehe.

I would have loved to see a third series but when I read how Ryan Murphy planed to have the third series I was like..eh no thanks.

If there had been a 3rd series, Brooke would have come of a coma with brown hair for some reason. I cant remember but i think harrison chose brooke and sam turned to drugs then after brooke comes out of her coma she and harrion date for a while but then break up and harrison becomes all cool and starts dating loads of women and josh moves in with him after a break up with Lilly.

I would have not liked to see this at all.

degrassi_lover

[5]Apr 19, 2007
    I would of loved to see all of that. Season three looked like an awesome season. B.Ho gets gunned down, the series introduces Unique Jones, Sam becomes a lesbian, Mary Cherry buys Melrose Place... It all seemed interesting, but The WB lied. I love cliffhangers, we all get shocked and then it gets solved. I hate cliffhangers that aren't solved. Thats what made me so upset with Popular. After watching it on The Family Channel I thought there was a season 3, but there was only two seasons.

leahcim98765432

[6]Apr 20, 2007
    • level: 6
    i hate the way it ended and it shud still be cleared up today. like a few more episode shud be made.

degrassi_lover

[7]Apr 21, 2007
    I'm still shocked Ryan Murphy hasn't released a proper conclusion for Popular. I mean with so many fans still waiting for the right ending, I thought Ryan would of already responded. He wrote that thei would be a TV movie, but that never happend. I wish Ryan and Gina would write a series about them as adults though.

leahcim98765432

[8]Apr 23, 2007
    haha they tried but noone would fund it.

babes412

[9]May 31, 2007

I'd say that Ryan Murphy is way too busy with NIP/TUCK to make a tv movie of Popular and personally i think thats why he invited so many of the cast of Popular to make guest appearances on NIPTUCK, because he knew there would be no more Popular.

Think about it, Lesslie grossman, Lesslie Bibb and Bryce Johnson have guest stared on NIPTUCK and i'm guessing that if Christopher Gorham wasn't so busy with UGLY BETTY he would have been on it last year as he and Ryan are pals and Ryan is God Father to one of Christopher's sons. I want a tv movie more than anyone but it aint gonna happen unless 1)Niptuck gets cancelled and 2) Some network agrees to fund it (highly unlikely given its ratings)

I suppose Gina could make a Popular tv movie but it wouldn't be half and good without Ryan Murphys crazy genious sense of drama!

What really pisses me off is that theWB cancelled Popular despite the fact thats its clever, funny and dramatic with great actors and stories and **** shows like "Gilmore Girls" "Sabrina" "Charmed" "7th Heaven" "Felicity" etc... got to stay on the air. WHY!!! i just don't get that, the people who decide what shows are cancelled just have TERRIBLE taste! If you agree please reply lol

Also can i state for the record WB: You DON'T Cancel "Buffy the vampire slayer" and keep "Angel". For Gods sake people, they're spin offs they just go together, you can't have one without the other. THANK GOD UPN saved Buffy or i wudda been seriously pissed. Buffy would have just been dead and the show "Angel" would have kept going! like what the hell?

breezy2281

[10]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 19
    why exactly WAS the show cancelled?

degrassi_lover

[11]Feb 16, 2009
    breezy2281 wrote:
    why exactly WAS the show cancelled?

Low ratings.

kayleecat

[12]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 9
    hey, i know i'm a bit outside the topic here.. but.. could one of you guys do me big favor and post me the actual text of sam's performance of lady of the night, you know the std one in ep 2.11. i'm not a native tongue so unfortunatly i couldn't follow throughout the whole piece. but those lyrics are definitely worth rehearsing. so if anyone is willing to take the effort i'll be grateful to eternity-hi-hi.

ireeagle

[13]Apr 25, 2009
    kayleecat wrote:
    hey, i know i'm a bit outside the topic here.. but.. could one of you guys do me big favor and post me the actual text of sam's performance of lady of the night, you know the std one in ep 2.11. i'm not a native tongue so unfortunatly i couldn't follow throughout the whole piece. but those lyrics are definitely worth rehearsing. so if anyone is willing to take the effort i'll be grateful to eternity-hi-hi.

The reason why Popular was cancelled because the CRITICS find the show STUPID to be fit in the WB. So they depraised Popular.I guess the critics find all WB comedies STUPID for no reason!!!

DonaldDita

[14]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 1
    i really loved Popular, I really love to have a third season to solve the cliff-hangers.. the only single reason why i would love not to have a third season is because Ryan planned Sam to be a LESBIAN! i think that's off the concept between the rivalry of these two girls (Brroke & Sam)

haileybailey11

[15]Aug 6, 2009
    • level: 1

OMG! when i was younger i used to stay up really late and watch popular. the first time i saw it i fell in love withe characters and ffrom then on i watcheed it eeveerry nigght. i never saw thhee fiinale soo i neverr saw how it ended. toodaaaaay i remembered itt and i wennt oonb youtuube and watched iit. when i saaw the ennding i bawled my eyes outt! it really sucks that they ended it like thaaaaat. they shooulld serioously makeeeeee a tv moovie. honestly, theere are alot of directors thhaaaaat caan replace ryann, and im suure if we staaart a petition and shoow these people how many of us want the show back on, they will fuund it. we caan show theem how much moneey theey wiill make. also, if you have seeen confessions of a shopaholic lesliee biibb does not look old, she could still paass as a high school student.

Violet-Shadow

[16]Sep 6, 2009
    It's always the same sad song when a show is cancelled. I remember raising my voice in a rallying cry when Roswell was cancelled. However, that show got a proper ending which Popular did not. It's been ten years so I doubt that anything will ever happen to end the show they way its fans want it to. I wish that there could've been a S3, where Harrison dated Brooke, where Mary Cherry purchased a neighborhood for all her friends to live, where Harrison and Brooke got married, found out she was pregnant and planned to name the son Bruno...but sadly, this never happened nor will it ever.

AllFiredUp

[17]Sep 9, 2009

As I continue to yearn for a Season Three (or even a 2-hour movie finale), I'm going thru the list of actors at the end of Season Two....and I can't think of a single one who has a regular acting gig presently! I honestly don't know if Christopher Gorham is still part of Ugly Betty cast or not....I don't watch it. And what's Sara Rue...er, Carmen Ferrera, up to these days? Mary Cherry is on food stamps now that her "What I Like About You" fortune has been depeleted....wonder if she's crossed the borderline and is now considered full-on "retarded"? Not just borderline-retarded...

Hope You Win...You Deserve To Win!

ireeagle

[18]Apr 21, 2011

It's not to do with the low ratings, it was receiving bad criticism in the wrong time. We have to do something about getting it reconstructed and get it continued back on air!!!