Popular

The Consequences of Falling

Aired Unknown Dec 15, 2000 on The WB

• Harrison is sick, Clarence, his roommate dies and Harrison decides to give up the fight and jump off a roof. Clarence, his guardian angel shows Harrison what would have happened if Harrison had never been born. And what would have happened if he lived.

I was sixteen. I was sad, scared, and thinking about suicide. I was in South America so I watched all the American TV I could. Fresh out of the psychiatric ward, I saw The Consequences of Falling. It's beautiful. Still, to this day, and I've seen it about a thousand times, it makes me cry.

This is Popular at its best, most altruistic and, somewhat ironically, most honest and real.

This episode of television saved my life in many way (in addition to other things). But watching things like Brooke and Harrison's interaction and Sam's downward spiral, I just thought, "huh, maybe I do matter."

The Consequences of Falling is just about my favorite episode of television ever. I give it a perfect score for its sensitivity, its story and for just being beautiful!