Postcards from Buster

PBS (ended 2012)

SrRui

Postcards from Buster Fan Reviews (20)

6.4
  • I prefer the original over this one.

Okay, this is one of the worst shows I have ever seen in my life. It is barely a spinoff of Arthur. It is more of show of places Buster goes but we barely see him in the series. Why do we need to see this show?! It's just a waste of time! Do people think it's good? Buster really talks weird in this series. So if you want to make another series based off another series, make it good!
  • Best. Show. ever!

This show kicks ass! You get to see all of these cool places and learn a lot about other cultures! Fuck anyone who doesn't like this show, gives it a low rating and/or say they have gripes or problems with the show! I hope those assholes fie a slow, horrible, bloody, painful death!
  • This was great

I loved watching this when I was younger
  • Marc Brown, what were you thinking?

• ok so what? i dont like it its about an animated bunny that goes into the real world and goes intos kids houses without permission. (if you want to kill me, read my review)

postcards from buster? no no no. i hate it. they it should have a different name. If it was called Tampons from Buster. I would watch it. (most of you out there are probably gonna kill me). hmmmmmmmm... ive got nothing else to say except for that this show is like arthurs sister show. Anyway, i dont like this show. it shuld be off air and Ed,Edd, n' Eddy should NOT be off air. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bored. i hate this show ive got nothing to say. (send me a message and tell me what you think of my review of this show)
  • What the Heck is this S***?

Before there was Family Guy, Total Drama Island, and South Park, I watched Arthur when I was a kid. I enjoyed it and enjoy it to this day. However, Postcards from Buster? You got to be kidding me! First of all, whats the point of watching this show? I mean he goes into peoples houses and stuff.....There was even 2 contreversial episodes that almost killed the show. This show is dumb. If you want to see Buster, then see the original Arthur. Now that is a good show. If you don't like it too, then change it to Family Guy, Total Drama Island, or South Park. If you don't like those shows, then find something else to watch! Just avoid this show at all costs unless you need to kill time when boring stuff is on.
  • Review says it all...why type anything?

4.5
    Wow--so stupidly horrific, I have no choice but to copy the words of another reviewer to voice the opinion of me: "Arthur is by far one of my favorite kids shows that I still love to this day. Now when I heard of a spin off of Arthur, I figured this was going to be bad since spin offs tend to fail. The show stars Buster, Arthur's best friend, and he would go around the world and see different cultures and talk to some of the residents in the country they are visiting. All the show is just showing a first person perspective of a camera and showing the areas of where Buster goes. We barely get to see Buster in this show and only hear his voice. Why do we need to see this at all? Am I watching an Arthur spin off or am I looking at someone's vacation videos? I don't mind learning different cultures, but I don't think kids will be amused of it and find it boring. If maybe Postcards from Buster was shot in animation, not live action, and it shows Buster meeting and gaining new friends in the places he goes to and do adventures together, that would be brilliant, but this is just unneeded. There really is no point to show this to kids since they are only interested in Buster only and will ignore the cultural things. Marc Brown, please remove this show and don't do another spin off on Arthur. If you love Buster, go see him on Arthur instead." Or, watch some Arthur tapes...
  • The Great Equalizer

I've been a fan of "Arthur" since it debuted in '96, and Buster has always been my favorite character because he's so funny. I thought it was really cool that he has his own show now. He travels with his dad who chaufers a Latino band to concerts and studios across the continent, including Canada, Central America and the Carribean. While they're there, Buster meets kids of different cultures, religions, and social backgrounds. He parties at Mardi Gras, celebrates Chinese New Year, races in a Mush, and dances in a Pow Wow. He visits the Sears Tower, the Golden Gate, the Alamo, and Lady Liberty. He worships with Mormons, Orthodox Jews, Baptists, and Islams. He learns words in many languages, and finds out how kids with different physical disabilites do things most people take advantage of. It helps people see that there are a lot of different people in the world, and although we have different cultures, speak different languages, worship differently, and just do things differently, we're all really the same- human! Sometimes it's kind of weird being half cartoon and half live video, but the message is great. I applaud Marc Brown for creating this Great Equalizer!
  • i like this show alot

this is a very educational show
    at first i did not think i would like it because of the name. but now i know for sure that i was wrong. as the old saying gos never judge a book by it's cover.
    by watching this show you learn new things. you learn about new place,nw people,new everything. you see different culturs and tridittions. you see different clothing and various different amount of fodd. you see different religions, different neighbourhoods,different animals.
    and best of all you get to see this all with buster baxter.
  • This show is about a bunny named buster witch I like in arthur but his preformance in this show is poor. buster get to meet humans if I was someone that meet buster I would be runing around screaming.

I hate this show I hate this show I hate this show I hate this show I hate this show. this show drives me crazy this is a boring show. this show is the worst show is 900 years. I\'am telling the truth about all this. Please beleive me I hate this show a poor back ground poor everything good bye.
  • It's very informative.

I like this show. I always watch it to see where Buster goes next & what he learns there. My favorite episode was when he made his own superhero movie using kids who skateboard. I like it better now that they've added Arthur characters. Buster always goes to interesting places.
  • Sorry Buster. You do better on Arthur.

2.9
    Buster Baxter is my favorite character from Arthur, but this show is just boring & pointless. He visits real live people from around the world so that other people can learn about what they do. They should just cancel this show, put away somewhere in a vault (that's where the Teletubbies & Boohbahs need to be), & show Arthur & other shows more often.
  • I love Arthur but this show is crap.

When i heard there was gonna be a new arthur show i thought to myself "sweet!" but when i saw this show all my dreams crumbled away. I think it's garbage and they just couldn't capitlize on the success on their original and hilarious show, Arthur. I hate this show.

EROK
  • Bad show. Change the channel! BOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

0.1
    This show is very bad. I don't like it :(. Get rid of it. This show in my opinion is a waste of money & a waste of time. It's all Buster this and Buster that. Ugh, I'm getting sick of it. It is very very ultra super BORING show.
    He didn't even go to Las Vegas, Dallas, St. Louis, Louisville,San Diego,Pigeon Forge,Austin, & More! HOW RUDE!
  • Hey Buster! Where You Off To Now?

6.7
    Postcards from Buster is a new PBS children's series from WGBH, Cookie Jar Entertainment and Marc Brown Studios. It is an innovative blend of animation and live action starring Arthur's best friend, Buster. Buster's dad, a pilot, is flying Los Viajeros, a rock group, on a North American tour and he's invited Buster to come along. Buster's mom has given him a video camera so he can record his new friendships and discoveries and send "video postcards" back to his pals in Elwood City.

Designed to delight and intrigue young audiences, Postcards from Buster has two key educational goals: to build awareness and appreciation of the many cultures in America and to support the language learning of children in the process of acquiring English.

In each episode, Buster travels to a new location and meets new kids and families. The kids invite Buster (and us, the viewers) into their lives, sharing their enthusiasms, experiences, and family cultures. These children reflect the many different voices and faces of young Americans today. Many of them are bilingual and/or bicultural.

Buster is a curious and open learner, always ready for fun and adventure. As he meets new people and explores new places, he models the language young English learners need in order to find their way around, make new friends, learn more about other people's lives, interests, and cultures, and share information about themselves.

Each episode features key vocabulary and sentence structures in a natural, authentic way. Key language is introduced in the opening song and then woven throughout the animation and live action segments.
  • It is a fine show, but it would be more better if they have addad Arthur. But it's still an okay show.

It is a fine show, but it would be more better if they have addad Arthur. But it's still an okay show. It's all about Arthur's best friend who travels to places, and meets new kids, but without Arthur. If they even add Arthur to the show, it would be a much interesting show. But still, it's an okay show!
  • Whazzup with this?!?

0.0
    OMG, this has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. It's just a show where people act like they're talking to a cartoon character, quite poorly as well. It's a way to brainwash younger veiwers. It's a waste of the creators' time and money, and a waste of the veiwer's time. >:(
  • Buster is NOTHING without Arthur!

0.1
    Buster stars in his own series without his best friend tagging along. He visits places around the world and videographs all the tourist attractions and delicassies of each place. Can you say boring? Who came up with this idea? Although some Arthur characters appear, this show lacks everything--excitement, suspense and a point to watching it. A complete time waster. Don't even bother!
  • Buster?! Of All The People To Get A Spin-Off!

0.0
    "The Arthur Adventures" was a series of books that looked like it aimed for a much younger audience. And some of those preschool shows are really meant to brainwash little kids, but when the series went to TV, it was still really lame. But it eventually got better, and funnier.

The show was about to run out of ideas when they started to get rid of characters that they never really talked about, such as Mr. Morris, and Arthur's Piano Teacher, and Mr. Sipple.

And Arthur is a kid who wears these huge glasses that look like they are made of wood, (something that is not common these days); and plays the piano, (something to be rewarded, and not bashed by MTV), and develops a love of reading. That is something else deserving a reward since the books that kids have to read in school are really boring, and almost nobody reads them after school, and they really should be focusing on things such as maps and grammar and writing since those things are necessary, and actually, that reading thing is really boring.

Kids shows today are turning away from that reading stuff and now aiming toward exercising, which is much better than reading those violent books anyways.

His "Best Friend" (Who spends half the time picking on Arthur behind his back.) is somebody who eats all the time and watches a lot of TV and shouldn't have been the one to get the spin-off. They should have picked DW.

She is much more interesting and funnier, and she's from a different bunch of kids, that almost never get talked about. It is a much better idea. And the show is about more than one group of kids, There's DW, The Tibbles, and all their friends, and Then There's Arthur's bunch, more on that later, and then there's Prunella; Rubella; and Katherine Frensky.

This new tasteless show is all about BUSTER, he talks the ENTIRE time through the show, And I really think they could be doing better with the boring and inaccurate things that they talk about...

And kids shows used be for everyone, but now they're just for kids, cutting out most of their audience.

Give DW the next spin-off, please.
  • cute, a kids show for the 21st century

Buster, the talking rabbit friend of Aurther (I think he's an ardvark) gets his own spin off show where he travels the country with his dad (as opposed to living at home with his newspaper reporter mom; his parents are divorced.)

but where it gets intresting is that we see the world through the eyes of Buster's video camera which films in live action.

so a cartoon rabbit is traveling the country speaking to live action kids. that's kinda cool.