Postman Pat Forums

BBC Two (ended 2008)

Jess

GordonLorry3

[1]Mar 7, 2006
    • level: 21
    do you prefer him with or without his red collar? I preferred him without it and have no idea why they gave him it to wear in the newer episodes. My mother always keeps thinking Jess is female because it's a female name, true as it is short for Jessie and Jessica and Melissa Sinden is the voice of him, though I don't know how you found that out, but having seen here http://www.behindthename.com/nm/j2.php, it can be short for Jesse, a male name and my mother says "Pat must be a wally calling him that". If you are a fan of him, what are your favourite miaows by him? My top 5 are:

1 His sleeping miaow in "Clowns Around" after Pat asks "And you'll help anyway, won't you Jess?"
    2 The one heard in "Flying Saucers" after Ted says "This place will be spotless" and also heard in "Giant Snowball" after Pat says "That means I'll have to come back."
    3 The one heard in "Giant Snowball" when he sees the snow from the Post Office and also heard when he wakes up hearing the children laughing and the snowballs hit the van.
    4 The one heard in "Greendale Movie" after Pat asks him if the light means the camera is on or off
    5 The one heard in "Greendale Movie" after Pat says "What a good idea" at the cafe

My top 5 least favourite of his miaows are:

1 the one heard at the end of "Green Rabbit" after Pat jokes that they've had a funny bunny day today and the Bains and Clifton families laugh and also heard in "Greendale Movie" after we see the vicar's teeth
    2 His scary miaow heard in "Greendale Movie" after Pat says "Here you are, Reverend." and when he runs away when Pat says he'd better clean the cake up
    3 The one heard in "Greendale Movie" after Pat says "What a strange day this is, ay Jess."
    4 The one heard when he leans out of the window in "Jumble Sale" and "Greendale Movie"
    5 The one heard in "Giant Snowball" when Pat asks if he's coming when they are at the station and also heard in "Magic Christmas" after Pat asks him what he thinks of the beard
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Andyroost

[2]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 12
    I think Jess is better with the red collar on.

CuldeeFell

[3]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    I don't really mind about the collar, but I think I preffered him without.