Postman Pat

BBC Two (ended 2008)

TesserT

Postman Pat Fan Reviews (4)

7.3
  • I love postman pat!

As a kid i really enjoyed postman pat, i even remember making up my own songs to the theme tune, but now it is back and better. I have really enjoyed reading the stories to my neices and looking forward to watching it with them someday, esp. now that it is better. Kind of interesting though that they have brought in the oriental family to try and make it suit more people, but i think it will work really well. There are so many good stories and it is great for kids as it seems that Pat is always helping others out, a great example for young children.
  • Postman Pat has some big changes. See my review for details. The episode guide needs updating.

Postman Pat has some big changes. He is now being shown weekdays at 8:30 on BBC2. He is now Head of Special Delivery Service in Pencaster with new vehicles. an eco-friendly powered freight van, PAT2
    a gyrocopter, PAT3
    a van like his famous old one, PAT4 (identical to Pat's famous Royal Mail van, PAT1) a motorbike with sidecar, PAT5
    a forklift

Julia, Katy and Tom (Pottage family) are no longer featured in the show. Jeff Pringle is no longer featured in the show. Lauren Taylor is the new teacher in his place. Lauren is also the new owner of Jeff's yellow schoolbus (what used to be Pat's old Royal Mail post bus, still with the registration PAT2).

Ben and Lauren have a disabled daughter Lizzie who goes to the school. Another new character is catering van owner Michael Lam. A new mobile shop owner. He could be a replacement for Sam Waldron. Ajay Bains also has a new train called Pencaster Flyer. We can start adding episodes to the guide now.
  • how could I see the videos "postman pat" on line? it's the faverate show of my little son. so i'll like to download it free for my son to learn English. thanks for your good suggestion.

not very familar of this webside.
    could i freely to see movies online?
    how could I see the videos "postman pat" on line?
    if so,please kindly inform me how to make it,
    i could onle see part of all the shows,i don't know why.

how could I see the videos "postman pat" on line?it's the faverate show of my little son.
    so i'll like to download it free for my son to learn English.
    thanks for your good suggestion.

so i'll like to download it free for my son to learn English.
    thanks for your good suggestion.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • A classic series which I loved as a little kid, following the adventures of Postman Pat and his black and white cat.

This show is a personal old school favourite of mine. I loved it as a little kid, and still enjoy it today, as I do with most shows I liked when I was little, for pre-school shows in the 80's are better than the silly nonsense we get today. This show is about Pat Clifton, a postman living the the village of Greendale. He drives around the village, delivering the post to the villagers, in his bright red post van, with his loveable black and white cat, Jess, at his side. Every now and then though, a problem usually occurs, and Pat must sort it out, at the same time, trying to deviler the post on time. There's a wide range of characters in this series. As well as Pat and Jess, there's Ted Glen, who is Greendale's handyman, Alf and Dorothy Thompson who are the farmers of Thompson Ground. The Reverend Timms, Miss Hubbard, Granny Dryden, PC Arthur Selby, Dr Sylvia Gilbertson, Mrs Goggins, who is the Post Mistress and Sarah and Julian Clifton, who are Pat's wife and son.

Like most old-school TV shows that were made in the 80's, Postman Pat has been given a make over, changing from the old version. I much prefure the old moments which I grew up with. However, the new version has it's good moments though. It is close to the old version, unlike some of the good old-school shows such as Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends and Fireman Sam, which have changed dramatically from their old versions. At least the new version of Postman Pat kept the same classic theme tune.

Speaking of the theme tune, that's another thing I like about the show. I really like the theme tune, which I can't resist singing along to when I heard it:

"Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat.

Early in the morning,
    Just as day is dawning,
    He picks up all the post bags in his van.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat.

All the birds are singing,
    And the day is just beginning,
    Pat feels he's a really happy man.

Everybody knows his bright red van,
    All his friends will smile as he waves to greet them,

Maybe, you can never be sure,
    There'll be 'Knock', 'Ring',
    Letters through your door.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat.

All the birds are singing,
    And the day is just beginning,

Pat feels he's a really happy man.

Pat feels he's a really happy man."

So, in all, Postman Pat is a great old school show, which I still enjoy watching today. I like to watch it to take a trip down memory lane and it would be a show I'd recommend to parents who are wondering what kind of show do they think their children might like.