Pound Puppies Forums

ABC (ended 1988)

Pound Puppies, alone and unloved. :(

menmyteddy13

[1]Dec 6, 2005
    • level: 6
    Doesn't anyone remember this show?!? I remember watching it as a kid, wish they'd put it on DVD along with She-Ra, the Snorks, Popples, Glow Worm, ect.

Can you tell I was raised by TV???
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

donutsfordinner

[2]Dec 20, 2005
    • level: 7
    menmyteddy13 wrote:
    Doesn't anyone remember this show?!? I remember watching it as a kid, wish they'd put it on DVD along with She-Ra, the Snorks, Popples, Glow Worm, ect.

Can you tell I was raised by TV???

I remember the Pound Puppies! I loved watching this show when I was little. I loved the little dog...was that Whopper? I remember the names but not which name goes with which dog. Of course I loved the girl dogs: Bright Eyes and Nose Marie.
    I still have my beloved Pound Puppy. I would NOT go to sleep unless I had her with me until I was like in 6th grade.
    And I remember She-Ra, the Snorks, Popples, Glow Worm and a whole bunch of others like Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite.

80's kids shows rock!

Trance88

[3]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 8
    I don't really remember this show but my mom remembers watching it with me when I was about 2 years old!

joshjr

[4]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 12
    I watched it.  I do not remember the dogs names or anything like that but I remember that I watched it every week.  It was cute.  I also would have to agree that the 80's cartoons are just way better then todays.  We had to many classics.  He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, Gi Joe, Dungeons & Dragons, Dennis the Menace, & Hulk Hogans Rock N Roll Wrestling.

X-624

[5]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 12
    There was A TV show??... WOW I loved the toys when I was small do they show it anywere on TV?

PPG-Katelyn

[6]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 16

X-624 wrote:
    There was A TV show??... WOW I loved the toys when I was small do they show it anywere on TV?

The same thing happened to me! I grew up loving the Pound Puppy plush and I never knew it had it's own tv series until now. I saw the page to this in the 'If you like this, you may also like that' thing to the 'Garfield and Friends' page. I then looked on YouTube to see if it has any episodes and it did so I watched the intro andthe episode 'Where Do Puppies Come From?" and I loved it.

logi

[7]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 65
    Actually, just so you know, there were two Pound Puppies series. The first one was credited simply as Pound Puppies (1986), and the second one was called The All-New Pound Puppies (1987). Both of the series are covered in this guide.

PPG-Katelyn

[8]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 16
    I'm sure alot of people still remember and love the show! The Pound Puppies just started having new toys again so the toys are coming back and some of the Pound Puppies come with DVDs of the show just like the Care Bears do.

WWinnieF

[9]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 20
    PPG-Katelyn wrote:
    I'm sure alot of people still remember and love the show! The Pound Puppies just started having new toys again so the toys are coming back and some of the Pound Puppies come with DVDs of the show just like the Care Bears do.
    Oddly, both the Puppies and Bears come with their own central characters and likewise, villains with snotty children (Katrina and Brattina & No Heart and Shreeky).