Pound Puppies Forums

Saturday 9:00 AM on The HubIn Season

Please write to Hasbro and show support

JTFAN

[1]Jun 6, 2013
    • level: 9

Season 3 premiered last week with two new episodes, and they were awesome.

Recently, there has been news that Hub Network (as a whole) is apparently not doing as well as hoped, and this is making some fans worry about the future.

And the end of the day, Hasbro calls the shots, so please show your support for Pound Puppies by writing letters to Hasbro at these two addresses;

Hasbro Studios

2950 North Hollywood Way

Burbank, CA 91505

Hasbro Inc.

1027 Newport Avenue

Pawtucket, RI 02861

As a reminder, Hasbro Studios produces the show, and Hasbro Inc. owns 50% of Hub Network. In your letters, be sure to be heartfelt, mention that you enjoy the show, mention the quality, (season 3 has been fantastic!) and that you want to see the show continue for a 4th season. (And since Hasbro cares about toy sales, be sure to mention the Pound Puppies merchandise; the DVD releases and toys)

So please write and show your support. It's worth a shot, we need to makes our voices heard. I myself plan to be more aggressive in writing them. Remember, volume is the key!

Thanks!

Edited on 06/05/2013 11:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BlackTulip009

[2]Jun 13, 2013
    • level: 12

I have done so! I've written to them numerous times, as a matte of fact, in support of the network and of my favorite shows in particular (of which Pound Puppies is one.) Sadly, although many of us enjoy it and have encouraged fellow pony fans to give it a try, it's never really "caught on" in terms of becoming truly popular. I don't think I've ever seen any PP merch in stores, for instance. It's all MLP, Littlest Pet Shop, Monster High, and the usual Barbie and Disney Princesses and whatnot. I'm glad that it's getting this third season and not being dropped; the animation has improved tenfold since the first season, and the stories continue to become more complex and interesting. Like most original Hub series, it seems to be generally getting better as it goes. It would be really sad to see it canceled early. I also have a hard time believing that the channel is not performing as well as they'd hoped, unless they had some seriously unrealistic expectations! The unbelievably wild success of MLP alone should keep them on top for a long, long time, one would think. xD (Many people probably view them solely as "The Pony Network"...) Hopefully they'll realize that they need to focus on putting everything into their good shows, rather than trying to throw unnecessary new ones at kids (I really can't see that "SheZow" gaining much of an audience. I caught the first episode, and I doubt it's one I'm going to have to DVR...)

Care Bears may not get another season...I just keep seeing repeats, and I get the sense that its success was mild to moderate. I certainly won't be devastated if we don't get more of that, but I do have to admit that it was kinda entertaining for the most part.

Imo, their strongest original series are MLP, PP, Strawberry Shortcake, and LPS (whose quality varies quite a bit from episode to episode, but is pretty good overall.) If they just continue to concentrate on making those the best they can be, we'll keep watching and enjoying and buying some merch. Season 3 of Pound Puppies has opened very impressively, yes--which I take as a good sign that they're still on the right track.

JTFAN

[3]Jun 14, 2013
    Pound Puppies merchandise is at least available online.

Also, from what I have seen, The Pound Puppies DVDs seem to be selling very well on amazon.com.

Yes, Hub has a lot of great shows. and from what I understand, Pound Puppies has been doing well for The Hub.

It was only the first 7 episodes of the series that had rough animation. The majority of season 1 was animated by DHX.

Thank you for your support. :-)

BlackTulip009

[4]Jun 15, 2013

No probs! Yeah, online is the only place I've seen any. Good to know that the show seems to be doing pretty well overall, though. ^u^

I have to say, I found today's new episode ("Fright at the Museum") an all-around great one! A very creepy, mysterious, and hilarious--on almost everypuppy's part--mystery...and also another quality Niblet-and-Squirt-centric ep. I loved the "Boris Karloff" night watchman. That was a good impression by the voice actor. Loved the cute/funny/eerie ending, too.

Edited on 06/15/2013 11:33pm

JTFAN

[5]Jun 18, 2013

BlackTulip009 wrote:

No probs! Yeah, online is the only place I've seen any. Good to know that the show seems to be doing pretty well overall, though. ^u^

I have to say, I found today's new episode ("Fright at the Museum") an all-around great one! A very creepy, mysterious, and hilarious--on almost everypuppy's part--mystery...and also another quality Niblet-and-Squirt-centric ep. I loved the "Boris Karloff" night watchman. That was a good impression by the voice actor. Loved the cute/funny/eerie ending, too.

Yes, the episode had a wonderfully creepy vibe all the way through.

By the way, the voice of the night watchman was Corey Burton. He is great with those creepy voices. He was also the voice of the museum curator. He's got a great range.

And, as a bit of trivia, Corey Burton is also the current voice of Disney's Capatin Hook and Ludwig Von Drake.

BlackTulip009

[6]Jun 19, 2013

Wow, I've definitely heard that name. Didn't catch it in the credits because the DVR didn't record them--and/or they were too tiny to see, anyway. But many professional voice actors are pretty amazing with the incredibly diverse range of characters they can do. It's just like, "...how?!" xD I was just watching Fairly Oddparents and marveling at the fact that Timmy is Twilight Sparkle...same woman. You'd never know. (And also noting that there's an "AJ" in both shows as well. Coincidence...? *shifty eyes*) But yes, wonderful job by Corey and everyone else on that episode. The womanly screams, LOL...!

Edited on 06/19/2013 7:51pm

JTFAN

[7]Jun 19, 2013
    BlackTulip009 wrote:

Wow, I've definitely heard that name. Didn't catch it in the credits because the DVR didn't record them--and/or they were too tiny to see, anyway. But many professional voice actors are pretty amazing with the incredibly diverse range of characters they can do. It's just like, "...how?!" xD I was just watching Fairly Oddparents and marveling at the fact that Timmy is Twilight Sparkle...same woman. You'd never know. (And also noting that there's an "AJ" in both shows as well. Coincidence...? *shifty eyes*) But yes, wonderful job by Corey and everyone else on that episode. The womanly screams, LOL...!

Yup! They are awesome.

Just a reminder, that the next new episode "Puddles the Problem Pup" will premiere Sunday June 23. (Rather than on a Saturday)

BlackTulip009

[8]Jun 27, 2013

I told my DVR to just record the show whenever it's on. That last one was just too adorable...! ^w^ Another really, really funny, well-written, and, in some ways, revealing one!

Edited on 06/28/2013 2:31pm

JTFAN

[9]Jul 12, 2013
    Again, I would like to remind everyone to please write letters to Hasbro;

Hasbro Studios

2950 North Hollywood Way

Burbank, CA 91505

Hasbro Inc.

1027 Newport Avenue

Pawtucket, RI 02861

I would like to stress that writing to them is very important. They need to know that we support Pound Puppies. Volume is the key.

Thank you.

JTFAN

[10]Aug 24, 2013
    ...And again, in addition to writing letters, please let Hub know that you are enjoyed season 3, and want a 4th season by contacting them at their viewer relations;

http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/