Pound Puppies Forums

Saturday 9:00 AM on The HubIn Season

Season 2 starts June 2, 2012 on The Hub

JTFAN

[1]May 14, 2012
    • level: 9

Hey Pound Puppies fans, just so you know, season 2 starts June 2, 2012 on The Hub.

Be sure to watch, and also be sure to contact The Hub and let them know that you enjoy the show and want to see it continue;

http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluecatcinema

[2]May 15, 2012
    • level: 61

Good to hear. I can't wait to see how they build on what happened in the season one finale.

Update: We will apparantly be seeing an updated version of the show's logo, incorporating Rebound, Cupcake, and a new dalmatian puppy. See it here:

http://poundpuppies2010.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/pound-puppies-season-2-preview/

Edited on 05/15/2012 7:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.

JTFAN

[3]May 16, 2012

bluecatcinema wrote:

Good to hear. I can't wait to see how they build on what happened in the season one finale.

I'm interested in that as well.

JTFAN

[4]May 30, 2012

Just a reminder that season 2 premieres this Saturday at 9am Eastern/6am Pacific on The Hub.

BlackTulip009

[5]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 12

I'm glad it's getting another season; I love this show! It may not be as excellent and addictive as MLP:FiM, but it's awesome in its own right...far from perfect (notably in the animation and character movement; the My Little Pony animators seem to have studied equine and perhaps even canine anatomy & locomotion better than these animators studied the canine)--but well-written, entertaining, funny, and with SUPERB voice work (Rene Auberjonois! Betty White! John DiMaggio! OMG!) I like the variety of dogs and dog sports/activities used. The usual cliches and story elements that have always been present in dog stories are to be found (e.g., stray vs. domestic life, dogs who can't seem to find a permanent home, etc., etc.) Yet, somehow the whole thing manages to feel fresh.

It's got a different feel than the familiar 80s Pound Puppies with Cooler, Nose Marie, Bright Eyes, and their gang--but for once, someone has learned how to do reboots and revivals correctly...that someone being The Hub!! I can't get enough of this channel; it's pretty much become my default! I have drawn connections and comparisons between this show and Oliver and Company, Lady and the Tramp, Homeward Bound, Krypto the Superdog, Millionaire Dogs, Hogan's Heroes, Star Trek, and several other films and series. Anything for which I can do that, and that gives me things to think about, I am bound to like. There are also plenty of references and allusions that older folks will appreciate. It seems to have been (originally) aimed at a slightly older audience than MLP, and definitely the new Strawberry Shortcake (which I also like, but rank after MLP and PP.) I look forward to many more new characters (and maybe returns of ones we've already met), situations, developments, and so forth in the area of Shelter 17. ^^

There are definitely not enough good animal shows or movies being made anymore, and titles such as this could help to turn that around...it could even be used in an educational manner for both kids and adults.

Edited on 06/08/2012 10:46am
    Edited 8 total times.