TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Pound Puppies Forums

Saturday 9:00 AM on The HubIn Season

Vote on a puppy name for an upcoming episode!

JTFAN

[1]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 9

Hey Pound Puppies fans!

On the following website from The Hub; you can now vote for the name of a puppy for an upcoming episode airing on December 1st!

http://www.hubworld.com/hubworld/specials/pound-puppies-name-a-puppy-poll/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluecatcinema

[2]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 61
    I love these "viewer choice" things. It really makes you feel like your opinion matters.

JTFAN

[3]Nov 29, 2012

The Hub uploaded a clip from the episode to Youtube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD2K1TRg3ZY

JTFAN

[4]Dec 1, 2012

bluecatcinema wrote:
    I love these "viewer choice" things. It really makes you feel like your opinion matters.

Yup!

And in case anyone was wondering, The Hub did indeed honor the voting results. In the U.S. broadcast, the puppy's name is Cinnamon.

This episode aired back in September in Canada, and in the Canadian broadcast, the puppy's name is "Velvet Belly" (which was also one of the name's on the Hub's poll)

Here is proof of the Canadian name, a comment from Youtube;

"His name is Velvet Belly. Weird name, but the only reason we're voting on a name is to advertise this episode. I have no idea why there was such a long gap in the airing in the U.S."

BlackTulip009

[5]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 12

Awesome! I voted...and my favorite won! I also liked Mango, Franklin, Friday, and William. I'm also pretty impressed that they actually used the word "pregnant" and were realistic about the birth of the litter...always figured this show was aimed at an older age group than some of the other Hub cartoons, and now I see that it in fact apparently is.

"Velvet Belly" was kind of a weird name. I understand the meaning, but it's a tad awkward. I love Velvet for a female, though.

Edited on 06/16/2013 5:29pm