Pound Puppies

Saturday 9:00 AM on The Hub Premiered Oct 10, 2010 In Season

bluecatcinema

Pound Puppies Fan Reviews (7)

7.8
  • Severley underrated

Okay, so this show isn't My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but it's still a pretty good show. It's a revival of the Pound Puppies toy line, not really the `80s cartoon (which was great, too) created by Paul Germain and Joe Ansolabehere, famous for the popular Disney series, Recess.

Similarly to the original Pound Puppies, this show was still about a team of dogs trying to find homes for the puppies. The Pound Puppies are Lucky, the leader, Niblet, the big guy, Squirt, the little guy with the sarcastic remarks, Strudel, the smart girl, and Coookie, the tough girl. The group is pretty similar to the Recess Gang (Minus Gus), to give a little nod towards fans.

Another thing Recess fans would enjoy is that a ton of the voices from the show come to voice characters on this one.

Some of the storylines are pretty good, and the characters are pretty interesting. Strudel is my favorite so far. I also really like the art style. And for young kids, the show has good morals as well. My favorite episode so far is "Toyoshiko!".

The only problem with the show is that it's a bit of a cliche storm. Not a bad one, but kind of . Nowhere near the levels of the `80s Pound Puppies movie.

So give it a chance. You just might like it.
  • A decent show.

While it's true this is no MLP:FiM, this show is still pretty good, and I often find myself watching it before or after MLP. As an animal adoption enthusiast, I believe that this show is bringing forth a very good message; that pound puppies need homes.
  • Lucky's Crush

Lucky's got a crush on Cookie! I saw the episode where Cookie escorted a Coyote home.When she was leaving,Lucky tried to get her to stay.He sounded like he scaired to lose her.
  • this show is great,

this show gives you a mind of happiness like you want to do something great! and this show is very artistic
  • another great show on the hub

I just stated watching this show a couple months ago, and soo far, i love it! it has wonderful plots, it's entertaining too. i also love that all the characters are dogs, i love dogs so thats another reason why i enjoy this cartoon. the animation for the first few episodes were meh. the animation after Studio B Productions took over production was Brilliant. the show is also well written too. i havn't seen the 1st season 2 episode but i hope its good.

• Great show

This is a great show, and I really enjoy it.

Its worth noting that the first 7 episodes of season 1 have rough, rigid animation, but after the first 7 episodes aired on TV, the show took a hiatus, and the animation studio changed. Starting from episode 8 onward, the animation looks great and is done by DHX Media, the same studio that does the animation for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Also, this version of Pound Puppies has many of the same elements that "Friendship is Magic" has. Great humor, appealing characters, and subtle morals with sweet and touching story-lines. If you are a fan of "Friendship is Magic" them you will also like this Pound Puppies show.

So please give it a chance. Season 1 is available on Netflix.

• If you love dogs and like the Pond Puppies toyline, you'll love this show

I absolutly love dogs and I remember playing Pound Puppies when I was little. Ever since I first watched this on Netflix, I loved it. I find this series really cute like any other shows/movies with talking animals. It's from one of the same makers of Rugrats and All Grown Up. He also worked on Disney's Recess. I like how in every episode, they find a puppy a home. Two of the main characters are in other shows I like. The voice of Cookie is in Community and Niblet is Adventure Time with Finn and Jake, Futurama, The Penguins of Madagascar and more. My fav. dog is Sqiurt. He's just so cute looking.
HUB