Pound Puppies

Saturday 9:00 AM on The Hub Premiered Oct 10, 2010 In Season

bluecatcinema

Pound Puppies Fan Reviews (7)

7.8
  • Severley underrated

Okay, so this show isn't My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but it's still a pretty good show. It's a revival of the Pound Puppies toy line, not really the `80s cartoon (which was great, too) created by Paul Germain and Joe Ansolabehere, famous for the popular Disney series, Recess.

Similarly to the original Pound Puppies, this show was still about a team of dogs trying to find homes for the puppies. The Pound Puppies are Lucky, the leader, Niblet, the big guy, Squirt, the little guy with the sarcastic remarks, Strudel, the smart girl, and Coookie, the tough girl. The group is pretty similar to the Recess Gang (Minus Gus), to give a little nod towards fans.

Another thing Recess fans would enjoy is that a ton of the voices from the show come to voice characters on this one.

Some of the storylines are pretty good, and the characters are pretty interesting. Strudel is my favorite so far. I also really like the art style. And for young kids, the show has good morals as well. My favorite episode so far is "Toyoshiko!".

The only problem with the show is that it's a bit of a cliche storm. Not a bad one, but kind of . Nowhere near the levels of the `80s Pound Puppies movie.

So give it a chance. You just might like it.