Power of 10 Forums

CBS (ended 2008)

Card Sharks

SoylentYellow

[1]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 21

I knew I remember another show using the strange question polls - then while channel surfing I came across an old 80s show Card Sharks where 2 contestants were asked something like(from CardSharks page) For example: "We asked 100 Catholics, 'Are you offended by football commentators using the term Hail Mary to describe a last-second desparation pass?' How many said yes?" Then they had to guess higher or lower in order to play their row of cards.

That show was way better than this one.

Edited on 08/24/2007 8:09am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scootydynamatic

[2]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 2
    I agree there Card Sharks is better. Card Sharks was a gameshow that I hooked on growing up and love the strategy behind it and how fun it was. This show is alright though because it challenging me in a different way you have to guess the percentage within a certain percentage which is very challenging. I'm not usually right on some of these which makes this game even fun for me.

markdoublea84

[3]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 58
    I just saw Power of 10 just yesterday on GSN. I like Card Sharks more myself. On this show, you have to guess the percentage to increase your winnings by the power of 10--$1,000, $10,000, $100,000, $1,000,000, and up to $10,000,000. That would be practically the most cash ever given away on any game show.

The reason I like Card Sharks more is because one player guesses as close to the number of the actual answer and the other guesses higher or low. If the first contestant nails the answer, they win a $500 cash bonus.