Power of 10

CBS (ended 2008)

Catwoman87531

Power of 10 Fan Reviews (17)

6.3
  • Sucked Beyond Belief!

Power of 10 was nothing more than Family Feud and Play The Percentages, but to a bigger scale. This was merely a transition vehicle for Drew Carey as he jumped from ABC to CBS, as he had not yet begun hosting The Price Is Right. Hopefully he doesn't do this transition gig again when he goes from Price to Jeopardy! in a few years...
  • Nice Game Show Concept

Few ep (08)
  • Okay show.

I thought that this show is okay. Pretty good.

There main point of this game is a little weird though.
    I guess you don't really need skills in this game except luck. How could someone know what people think and guess the percentage? Well, either you go with common sense or logic.
    The show was good at first. Good questions, interesting too. The host, Jim Carrey is nice and friendly. He doesn't seem much like a comedian on that show!

This is just like one of those game show were they can't get people to likee it more. I've seen better game shows than this, but overall, okay show!
  • My mother watched this show all the time, but is upset that it is not on this fall. Is it off for good or just for the fall season? If anybody knows, please let me know.

This is a decent show. It's entertaining - especially for people who are homebound and look forward to nightly game shows. When they are not on TV, it upsets their entire evening. This is the case of my mom. I hope it comes back in the spring. She really likes it. I watch it too, and like to guess the percentages and see how close I come to the correct answer. Sometimes it's difficult to even get close, but it's fun to guess. It certainly is better than a lot of the garbage on TV. Even children can watch the show and be entertained. Please being it back.
  • Another game show hosted by Drew Carey? Am I feeling okay?

A bit of a surprising move to see Drew Carey hosting this but he does a good job. The Power of 10 modernizes concepts from Family Fued where contestants must try to predict what a sampling of Americans will respond to questions. This show deals with actually guessing the percentage of what the survey said within a certain range. It's interesting and does have some humor and very entertaining questions. I have my doubts that this will last a very long time but looks like a nice summer show and may last a few seasons. I wish it luck because the show looks like a lot of fun. Long live Drew Carey! :)
  • Great show actually. It's quite interesting and it doesn't get boring.

When I first heard about this show 10million it really put puzzle into my brain. After I finally heard about I watched the first episode and I have to say it was cool. The only thing that set me off was the show seems unprepared (or the host actually) but aside from that I could watch this everyday. The rules at first also seemed complicated but after the first 5 minutes you understand it.

Havent seen a good game show in a while (except for deal or no deal) but for those looking for something new this show is worth watching.
  • ok summer show...

The Power of 10 is one of the newer game shows and it's ok. Honestly, I was expecting more when I saw the commercials. I like the show because it's fun to guess and see if you know the answers to the questions. It's great to see how America thinkgs and the questions they ask are interesting. Drew Carey does a good job as host, but, for me, it's hard to see him as a host. He's not the host-type to me, but he does ok. The main problem with the show is that it is slow. With game shows they're is always the suspense moment and it drives me crazy and really gets boreing. Oh well, it's still an ok summer show.
  • So easy the producers are going broke.

Power of 10,
    The Power of 10 is a new game show from CBS.Starring Drew Carrey. The show has that same kinda feel of the Family Fued, of how they get there answers.The new game show craze because of Deal or No Deal has all of the major channels, cbs abc nbc fox ,having 2 or more gameshows.With abc Who wants to be millionria and spitting out a new one nbc with DOND and 1vs100 and FOX with 5 grader.CBS wants to join the craze with the post 80-50 decades.With only the price is right as there game show.They will try to there luck.PO10 first round begins with two people going head to head. The best out of 5 or 6 i belive. The person who comes closer to the right number,which is what the people of USA said, wins.The secons round does the same thing.But with only one conteants.The person will play out of a round of 5 times. starting with 1,000 dollars then to 10,000-100,000-1,000,000-10,000,000.The have a 40 number range for the first which will go down to 30 then 20 then 10 then 0 for the higher they go up.I might have not given the best summary but the game it to easy and in the first episode the player won 1 million dollars.If this keeps up there wont be a second season.
  • a show with percentage questions that are very challenging.first off when it starts out there are three questions between two players.the one who gets the best of three questions right moves on to compete for a grand/final prize worth ten million dollars!

this show is awesome drew carey is still as funny as ever in this game show of percentages.the first episode was very informative to me with lots of laughs also.
    lets see...in the first episode a nineteen year old colledge student was unstopable!!he in my point of view very lucky to get to how much he got(not going to disclose amount for those who have not yet seen it).what else can i say?well anywho, im gonna end on that you should definately watch this show,im telling you that your gonna laugh you head off!!well im done...hope you enjoyed reading my review...this is my first one
  • somewhat interusting but really boring to watch.

5.5
    It looked a lot more interusting from the previews. It was kind of fun to find out these statitics but it took forever to get the answers. It just seemed really dragged out. Also on the first episode, they were determining who would appear the next day and then cut to a commericail. They showed the preview for the next day and gave away who would win the elinimation round. Really disappointing. I will probably watch it again if there's nothing else on, but it's not a fantastic show and I wouldn't go around recomending it to people. I've watched better game shows. Hopefully Drew Carrey'll do better on The Price is Right, because his hosting was horrible on the Power of 10.
  • A good show, the rules are kinda confusing, but it's still fun to watch

I like this show, even though I dident really understand any of the many rules in the first half of the episode, I still found myself enjoying the questions, and seeing the answers. I really like the odd and hard to guess questions, they are the best. I think this show's more educational than anything else, all I got from it was a bunch of facts and satistics. I have a feeling that if I ever went on this show, I wouldent make it that far. I did like Drew Carey as a host though. He was good at it and explained everything clearly. I think this is a good show.
  • this game show is about people who go on and have to guess percentages for the questions they give, and if they beat their oppenent, they get to play by themselves, and they have to be with in ten percent of the answer, and sometimes the exact percent.

3.9
    I thought the show was pretty boring because they took forever to do the same question. I thought they were just trying to waste time. The show is clearly easy-first contestant comes and gets one million dollars. The kid is 19 and is a millionaire. I got right on on a lot of the questions. This show, like almost all of those game shows, had way tomany commercial breaks. It is just stupid to go on the air for a minute and then go to another commercial break. So i can't say much about this hsow. I did think the questions were good though. The bottom line, pretty boring.
  • how do they expect to do this really?

5.4
    does cbs have the money for this the first contestant almost won all the money
    this game show is so simple they need to make it harder maybe more questions less help maybe only help from the aduiance sometimes
    dont get me wrong its kind of cool to see what the answer is and debate the answer but it seems to simple and it seems that it might not last long if its this simple
    and drew carry is a pretty cool host they got that right
    maybe i need to watch it one more time
    but ok i give this a 5.4 for now
  • House was pre-empted for this!?

What was that? I'm so tired of reality shows & game shows. They're all the same. This one is just like all the rest. Predictable & boring. Drew Carey did his best to help it along, but it didn't help at all. You could predict when the commercials were going to be & the audiences responses. The only cool part, was the 19 year old winning $1 million. He better remember to pay his taxes on it or he'll go to jail like another reality star did. Power of 10 should be Power of Minus 10. I know that I won't be watching it again. Bring back my repeated episode of House back in its place!!
  • I thought it would be at least a little better than it was.

In general I watch new game shows to see how it goes but have no expectations of watching it again. This show did nothing to change my mind. I think that National Bingo Night was quite a bit more interesting than this. Drew was a bit funny at times but it seemed inappropriate to be injecting to much of his opinion when so much money is at stake. I did not like the how the audience made "whooo" sounds as the answer (a percentage) rolled up and down and finally settled on the correct number. I assume they were prompted by the producers to do this.
  • Contestants try to win $10,000,000 by guessing what America thinks on certain subjects.

I was watching CBS one day, and I saw a commercial for this show, and at first I thought it looked stupid. However, since I generally love game shows, I decided to give it a chance. The longer the show went on, the more it grew on me. Drew Carey really isn't a bad game show host. He brings comedy to the show, which in turn will help to relax the contestant, instead of having them tense up. An interesting concept and an interesting show, I would suggest you at least give it a shot. Who knows, you might end up liking it.
  • Comics dont make good game show hosts.

1.1
    Carey was good on his sitcom but this is just another in an endless series of prime time game shows that will end up in the dead gameshow graveyard next to recent burials of Captain Kirks "Show Me the Money" and the hiddeous "National Bingo Night".

I guess we can all blame "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" for this. "Deal or No Deal" is ok, but even that has worn thin. I only watch DOND if someone gets close to the million dollars.

Of course networks produce junk like this because its cheap and required no writers. Get Carey a good sitcom instead of sticking him in a pointless vehicle like this; or even bring back his old show.