Power Rangers Forums

Saturday 12:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Power Rangers Forum rules, submission guide & FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

RaijinPaladinix

[21]May 14, 2006
    • level: 52
    I think the link rule needs its own thread in capital letters to get the point through.  Most of the links posted are unofficial, so there are in all probability false.  And besides, most of the stuff on there is common knowledge and just gets off topic.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

akenaten

[22]May 21, 2006
    • level: 3
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 05/21/2006 8:21pm

RaijinPaladinix

[23]May 21, 2006
    This has no relevance to the show, but I'll help you.  Go to "prefs," go to "boards," and your signature should be on that tab page, ready to change.

growlphone

[24]May 24, 2006
    • level: 5
    Due to shadow ranger's last comment on that locked thread about Koragg lead me to this question: does the episode guide rule count if you think your absolutely sure that it happens. I think the episode guide should be read only when it's clearly obvious that the person doesn't know what he/she's talking about/or, in that person's mind, he/she is unsure of what he/she's about to say. I believe shadow ranger was sure about the snow staff (even though he/she was wrong), and therefore he/she didn't feel the need to check the guide. That's just what I believe. I wonder if other people feel that way too.
    Edited on 05/24/2006 7:24am

growlphone

[25]May 25, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 05/25/2006 7:54am

growlphone

[26]May 25, 2006
    I take it no one knows, since SirStack just made a post earlier today in another thread that was after my post. I know he'll probably yell at me for being a pest about it, but I do have OCD, and I just wasn't sure if he was ignoring me. If he hadn't made any recent posts, I wouldn't think that at all. Either that or he's just busy. In the meantime, if I don't hear back from him, I'll just assume we should read the episode guide no matter how sure we are.

SirStack

[27]May 25, 2006
    If it hasn't happened yet on the show, then it hasn't happened, period. If it has happened, and you haven't seen it yourself and are taking someone else's word for it who isn't the episode guide, and you're wrong because that person is full of it, while the episode guide has the correct info, then all there's really to be said is expect a warm reception. Warm like a nucular explosion, that is.

Fact is, the episode guide is a tool of information. If you care about being right, and you don't like being wrong, then you'd best to check it out regularly before saying anything to begin with. The guide clarifies things most people don't always notice on a single viewing. All the answers of what's been seen thus far should be there. Instead of asking, "What episode has that Lokar guy?", searching through the episode guide will get you that info yourself. Laziness is fun, but learning is funner!

RaijinPaladinix

[28]May 25, 2006

Exactly.  You don't even need to watch the show for some episodes, because the guide is 94% complete on just about every episode.  At least, on ones I've looked at.

growlphone

[29]May 26, 2006
    got it. I probably will check the episode guide before saying anything no matter how sure I am.

SPDShadowRanger

[30]May 27, 2006
    • level: 72
    growlphone wrote:
    Due to shadow ranger's last comment on that locked thread about Koragg lead me to this question: does the episode guide rule count if you think your absolutely sure that it happens. I think the episode guide should be read only when it's clearly obvious that the person doesn't know what he/she's talking about/or, in that person's mind, he/she is unsure of what he/she's about to say. I believe shadow ranger was sure about the snow staff (even though he/she was wrong), and therefore he/she didn't feel the need to check the guide. That's just what I believe. I wonder if other people feel that way too.

I looked at the guide and thought she got it back because it didn't she she did or she didn't so I asked some people and they said she did so that is why I said she got it back.

SirStack

[31]May 28, 2006
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    I looked at the guide and thought she got it back because it didn't she she did or she didn't.

Had she gotten it back, it would have said "she got it back", even temporarily. She didn't. She had access to it, but did not touch the thing.

Asking people who don't know is akin to the blind leading the blind.

jord15

[32]Jun 4, 2006
    • level: 21
    I'm not sure so I just wanted to ask her.

Can I make a thread asking some of the past fans of Power Rangers when they stopped watching Power Rangers and then we would discuss the past episodes of PR?

SirStack

[33]Jun 4, 2006
    jord15 wrote:
    Can I make a thread asking some of the past fans of Power Rangers when they stopped watching Power Rangers and then we would discuss the past episodes of PR?

Most "past fans" only post threads to whine about how much the show sucks since (insert season here). If it's just to talk about how bad the show has "become", then please don't bother as it'll just degenerate into a flame war. But otherwise, meh. Whatever.

bag2218

[34]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 12
    Sirstack, Why did you lock my thread on that video I found on youtube?

SirStack

[35]Jun 11, 2006
    I think I've covered the "don't link to YouTube or torrent sites" enough already.

bag2218

[36]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 12
    That sucks I have like 2 more PR funny videos You need to chill out, don't take this personaly but you are one of the worst editors I've ever seen. You have to many rules, It seems like you lock threads for reason, and FANFICTION IS ALLOWED ON THIS SITE!!!!! I even spoke to a mod about fanfics(It's just my luck that your the editor for my favorite show )
    Edited on 06/12/2006 8:04am
    Edited 3 total times.

RaijinPaladinix

[37]Jun 12, 2006
    If you make a link, the topic will be disrupted, and the posts following all your links will just be responses to the link, and there will be no authentic discussion concerning Power Rangers.  That's just a waste of a thread, advertise elsewhere. 

SirStack

[38]Jun 12, 2006
    Fanfiction may be allowed on people's blogs, or in other, far more lax(ative) forums, but according to admins, it's the Editor's discretion as to what's allowed in that regard. And I don't want this place cluttered with Mary Sue crap written by people who can't tell "your" from "you're".

growlphone

[39]Jun 16, 2006
    RaijinPaladinix wrote:
    If you make a link, the topic will be disrupted, and the posts following all your links will just be responses to the link, and there will be no authentic discussion concerning Power Rangers.  That's just a waste of a thread, advertise elsewhere. 

I thought he was getting at that anyways. The purpose of his thread was to talk about those videos. What's to be disrupted? What's wrong with having discussions in response to the link? What makes you think the discussion won't be authentic? They're just commenting on the show, sheesh take a chill pill or something. The only reason I can think of as to why it's not allowed is because it takes up forum bandwidth, and bogs tv.com down.

KyL416

[40]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 56
    YouTube has a script that shows a section on the page that links to related videos when you view a video. The script associates full episodes with the videos many times, therefore the link to his video cannot be posted here since it would indirectly also link to illegal uploads of complete episodes.
    Edited on 06/16/2006 9:32pm