Power Rangers Forums

Saturday 12:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Power Rangers Forum rules, submission guide & FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

growlphone

[41]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 5
    KyL416 wrote:
    YouTube has a script that shows a section on the page that links to related videos when you view a video. The script associates full episodes with the videos many times, therefore the link to his video cannot be posted here since it would indirectly also link to illegal uploads of complete episodes.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. It's too bad YouTube couldn't work differently (not having all those illegal upload links to go with it). If SirStack ever decides to have a co-editor, I think you would be a good choice. Great job!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaijinPaladinix

[42]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 52
    There's no such thing as "co-editors" on tv.com, even though some people suggest them.  Well, trusted users come close, but the two are KyL416 and Bluecatcinema.

kellerwilliam02

[43]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 13

SirStack wrote:
    Links to other PR sites are fine, as long as they aren't included in submissions to the episode guide, and as long as they aren't to "illegal downloads" like YouTube or something.
    Youtube isn't an illegal download site its just an upload site where you can view missed episodes like the nice people who don't have TD can watch it and keep up.

Also a suggestion. its the internet this should be a relaxed place. there isn't a need to be rude. if its a pointless question or if its covered here be polite and suggest they read it here. Also i've seen people bashing Sir Stack and his forum abilities.  
    Edited on 06/21/2006 6:18am

RaijinPaladinix

[44]Jun 21, 2006

kellerwilliam02 wrote:
    don't have TD 

What about ABC Family?  It's on most basic cable companies in the United States.  They show the new episodes Toon Disney shows Monday nights on the following weekend.

SirStack

[45]Jun 21, 2006
    kellerwilliam02 wrote:
    Youtube isn't an illegal download site its just an upload site where you can view missed episodes like the nice people who don't have TD can watch it and keep up.

There is now a direct link to the iTunes store for every new episode of PRMF, and many older ones, on this very site. Those are LEGAL downloads. YouTube is not legal, in fact many companies have been cracking down on their shows being uploaded there. You want to go there, am I saying I'm trying to stop you? No. I'm just saying we don't need links to it here, and if anyone posts any, they'll be deleted.

kellerwilliam02

[46]Jun 22, 2006
    well true ABC family would be a safe bet what i was saying was if you don't want to wait till saturday to watch it. Also Sir stack your missing my point about you tube. you can't do anything with youtube but upload the videos are just there. Also they have a way to report the videos if they violate copyright.

KyL416

[47]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 56

FYI, there ARE ways to download the videos from YouTube and convert them to another format to watch on your PC.

And YOU are missing the point. Providing any source of episodes, whether it's a download, video stream, or an online flv player, is against TV.com's official Terms of Services, not just SirStack's Terms of Services. The only exception is if the video comes from a legally sanctioned source by the rights holder of the show, like in this case JETIX.tv and iTunes. The fact that they have a way to report the videos doesn't help the case, the fact of the matter is that the episodes are there, and until all of them are gone, and they create a sure fire way of preventing its users from uploading full episodes, You Tube links cannot be posted here.

Edited on 06/22/2006 4:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.

kellerwilliam02

[48]Jun 22, 2006
    I figured that. about you tube that is. I didn't realize that you could my bad.  
    Edited on 06/23/2006 4:08am

qrexranger9

[49]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 8
    I know this is constantly covered but I'm sure that torrents are covered by the same laws that allows people to record something off the TV. Have I been misled on that? Trust me I was very searching about the legality of it when I first heard about it from a friend and I vouch for his honesty and thoroughness. I know he would not use it unless he was certain it was legal. Was he wrong for once? I've even looked at the faq sections of relevant sites to check. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong in good faith and I'm not setting out to try and deliberately mislead anyone on anything. Anyone wanting to find out any more will have to do it their own way, rules are rules.
    Edited on 06/28/2006 6:20am

RaijinPaladinix

[50]Jun 28, 2006

I think it's really all just a matter of legality with who owns it, and TV.com made that rule just to make sure they didn't have to deal with piracy regulations and all of that.  I don't blame them, really.

qrexranger9

[51]Jun 28, 2006
    I was just remembering what SirStack said about the official site being the only place to download legally and for free, and that seemed to imply that torrents were not legal full stop and I was looking for clarification. It sowed seeds of doubt in my mind about whether what I was doing was right and that has me a little worried. I'm still not sure.  

Historygrad2005

[52]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 10

qrexranger9 wrote:
    I was just remembering what SirStack said about the official site being the only place to download legally and for free, and that seemed to imply that torrents were not legal full stop and I was looking for clarification. It sowed seeds of doubt in my mind about whether what I was doing was right and that has me a little worried. I'm still not sure.  

You can purchase them for a small price at Itunes 1.99 dollars a episode i think.  I will check that but yes the only legal places to get PR episodes are Itunes and Jetix's website.

qrexranger9

[53]Jun 28, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 06/28/2006 3:23pm

qrexranger9

[54]Jun 29, 2006
    Now for something completely different. You see without wanting to get to personal, the way my mind thinks is different then normal people (I don't want to go into details) and that is proving a problem when it comes to forum threads since the topics that make sense to me turn out to be very wrong for discussing power rangers. My 3 so far have mostly ended up with it being pointed out to me (rightly I admit since its due to my failure as a topic setter) that it isn't the right show to discuss such ideas or its not as simple a connection to the show as I realized. Any hints on coming up with good topics so I don't end up with you guys wondering what I'm on about? I guess its for the good of us as an online community that people come up with proper topics and I don't want to ruin it for the rest of you.

Wentwood

[55]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 38
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 06/29/2006 9:20pm

peterg14

[56]Jun 30, 2006
    • level: 17
    Ok, Kyl416 said that PRG won't be airing Doomsday and Go Volcanic, my question is why?
    Edited on 06/30/2006 8:34am

qrexranger9

[57]Jun 30, 2006

peterg14 wrote:
    Ok, Kyl416 said that PRG won't be airing , my question is why?

In that very same post that Kyl416 said that they wouldn't air, he also made clear that there was a problem with episode libraries being woefully incomplete. Presumably it would have something to do with that.

KyL416

[58]Jun 30, 2006
    • level: 56
    Go read the episode descriptions and/or recaps and you might figure out why.

Wentwood

[59]Jun 30, 2006
    • level: 38
    How does Jetix decide what episodes to used fo "Themed Blocks" of episodes like the one coming up tomorrow morning? I noticed there were several of these Power Rangers blocks. What decides these factors?

growlphone

[60]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 5
    This might have been covered before, and I might have overlooked it if so, but SirStack, given the choice (after you've made alot of the decision making already, and you know the thread is of no use to be continued further), how do you decide whether to lock a thread, thus still letting people view it, or deleting it completely? If you choose to delete it, do you wait at least a day so the thread originator/creator can see a response posted by you or someone else? I think I have a general idea (if the question only had one logical response, you'd leave it locked).