Power Rangers Forums

Saturday 12:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Power Rangers Forum rules, submission guide & FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

  • Avatar of qrexranger9

    qrexranger9

    [61]Jul 4, 2006
    • member since: 06/24/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 1,179
    I have a suggestion for SirStack. I think part of the problem with people going in blind without reading the faq (mostly to do with the SPD/Mystic force team up of which it has been pointed out in several places that there won't be one) is that there are now so many messages that it wouldn't be practical to look through them. Maybe he should keep this older thread for the rules and have a new faq thread that people would feel more inclined encouraged to look though. Including a recap mention of all the stuff from the older thread in the first message. Especially as regards to the aformentioned non-teamup and also the point about episodes not showing because of incomplete episode libraries. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KyL416

    KyL416

    [62]Jul 4, 2006
    • member since: 12/27/04
    • level: 56
    • rank: Texas Ranger
    • posts: 1,127
    It's not like everything important is buried in the thread. Everything important is in the first two posts and they are edited as new issues come up. It's common sense to at least read the first few posts of a thread to get a general idea of what the thread is about, and that goes for any thread. If they can't be bothered to do that, especially if the thread says "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!", its their problem if they get their threads closed, posts deleted, and/or recieve warnings from the mods.
    Edited on 07/04/2006 3:21pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qrexranger9

    qrexranger9

    [63]Jul 4, 2006
    • member since: 06/24/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 1,179

    I see your point, I wasn't aware that the first 2 posts were regularly edited and updated, knowing that they are satisfies me in that they don't become outdated. It still amazes me how many times looking through the history of locked threads has been by people ignorant of the obvious stuff. Are there really people who still think there will be a Mystic/SPD teamup? Well it sort of happened to me because I assumed WF was the last pre-disney series (something that a lot of things seemed to point to) when it was in fact completely owned by disney. Perhaps if SirStack thinks it was a stupid assumption  it might be an idea for him to state the fact that it was disney owned. It might not count as an faq but it certainly seems to be a thing that annoys him (and I would like to apologize for my ignorance. I have just seen something in the first thread that would have hinted that I should have known better although it isn't that obvious) so maybe it would help him in that he wouldn't have to deal with those things whenever such a misconception arises. 

    Edited on 07/04/2006 4:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of growlphone

    growlphone

    [64]Jul 5, 2006
    • member since: 05/17/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 606
    There is nothing on this FAQ thread that mentions that there will be no SPD/Mystic Force teamup.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Historygrad2005

    Historygrad2005

    [65]Jul 5, 2006
    • member since: 11/17/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 317

    growlphone wrote:
    There is nothing on this FAQ thread that mentions that there will be no SPD/Mystic Force teamup.

    Actually growl you are incorrect there is a mention of the team up look under the most asked questions in SirStack's first post and you will see the answer.  First page of this thread to be exact.  Have a wonderful day.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qrexranger9

    qrexranger9

    [66]Jul 6, 2006
    • member since: 06/24/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 1,179

    Historygrad2005 wrote:
    growlphone wrote:
    There is nothing on this FAQ thread that mentions that there will be no SPD/Mystic Force teamup.

    Actually growl you are incorrect there is a mention of the team up look under the most asked questions in SirStack's first post and you will see the answer.  First page of this thread to be exact.  Have a wonderful day.

    Well nothing to definitely say there won't be but everything implies it'll be highly unlikely. Anyway I'm not one who has a go at people in forum threads who do automatically assume its definitely happening. Take it up with them not me.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bag2218

    bag2218

    [67]Jul 6, 2006
    • member since: 08/16/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,340
    KyL416 wrote:

    FYI, there ARE ways to download the videos from YouTube and convert them to another format to watch on your PC.

    And YOU are missing the point. Providing any source of episodes, whether it's a download, video stream, or an online flv player, is against TV.com's official Terms of Services, not just SirStack's Terms of Services. 

    Since when? I've seen youtube stuff on other fourms(and some of the editors for the shows are mods so they obviously don't care) And my link wasn't showing an entire episode.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qrexranger9

    qrexranger9

    [68]Jul 7, 2006
    • member since: 06/24/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 1,179
    bag2218 wrote:
    KyL416 wrote:

    FYI, there ARE ways to download the videos from YouTube and convert them to another format to watch on your PC.

    And YOU are missing the point. Providing any source of episodes, whether it's a download, video stream, or an online flv player, is against TV.com's official Terms of Services, not just SirStack's Terms of Services. 

    Since when? I've seen youtube stuff on other fourms(and some of the editors for the shows are mods so they obviously don't care) And my link wasn't showing an entire episode.

    Isn't that a bit like saying that killing people is OK because over in the south of italy, gangsters do it all the time and the authorities show a blind eye? Anyway this isn't other forums, I really don't want to sound like SirStack's lackey but this is our forum with an editor whose serious about doing a thorough job given that it's his interpretation of the site's rules. If other editors interpret them differently then that's their business.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grailwolf

    grailwolf

    [69]Jul 7, 2006
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 4,578

    bag2218 wrote:
    Since when? I've seen youtube stuff on other fourms(and some of the editors for the shows are mods so they obviously don't care) And my link wasn't showing an entire episode.

    Two comments about this:

    1) The moderators have discussed this issue at length, and we all care.  If any moderator is editor of a guide, and people are posting links to Youtube on the forum, then the mod in question is unaware of the link.  Please send them a PM or report the post in question.

    We try to moderate our forums, but with our duties we cannot always read every post.

    2) The Terms of Service for the site specifically mention such posts:

    The Terms of Service wrote:
    Illegal Activities

    Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) discussing, asking for or providing, in any way, shape, or form:
    Illegal copies of copyrighted software and related applications (ROMs, Warez)
    Methods of avoiding copyright protection (Cracks, No-CD Patches, CD Keys)
    Illegal copies in part or in whole of copyrighted music (MP3s), movies, videos, TV shows, images, or any other media
    Reprints of material from other web sites (pay or free)

    The rule of thumb is that standard copyright does not allow for broadcast or dissemination of any copyrighted work by any entity other than the holder of the copyright. Therefore, unless you are downloading from a single source that either holds the copyright (such as a network site) or has been authorized by the copyright holder (such as iTunes) then you are downloading illegally.  Torrent files of copyrighted material, because they rely on downloads from other users, are always illegal.

    There are exceptions, such as works released under relaxed copyrights or Creative Commons licenses, or works that are in the public domain, but these are rare, and neither the mods nor CNet's staff have the time to examine every single download regardless.  Therefore it makes the most sense to simply forbid all links to download sites.

    Finally, the most important thing is that the editor of this forum has declared Youtube links to be forbidden.  If you disagree with the decisions of an editor, the best thing to do is to talk to them about it calmly.  Then, if they refuse to bend, try contacting a moderator to determine whether the editor's actions are consistent with the Terms of Service.  It saves a lot of bickering in the forums.

    I hope this has been helpful.  If not, please feel free to delete.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bag2218

    bag2218

    [70]Jul 7, 2006
    • member since: 08/16/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,340
    grailwolf wrote:

    bag2218 wrote:
    Since when? I've seen youtube stuff on other fourms(and some of the editors for the shows are mods so they obviously don't care) And my link wasn't showing an entire episode.

    Two comments about this:

    1) The moderators have discussed this issue at length, and we all care.  If any moderator is editor of a guide, and people are posting links to Youtube on the forum, then the mod in question is unaware of the link.  Please send them a PM or report the post in question.

    We try to moderate our forums, but with our duties we cannot always read every post.

    2) The Terms of Service for the site specifically mention such posts:

    The Terms of Service wrote:
    Illegal Activities

    Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) discussing, asking for or providing, in any way, shape, or form:
    Illegal copies of copyrighted software and related applications (ROMs, Warez)
    Methods of avoiding copyright protection (Cracks, No-CD Patches, CD Keys)
    Illegal copies in part or in whole of copyrighted music (MP3s), movies, videos, TV shows, images, or any other media
    Reprints of material from other web sites (pay or free)

    The rule of thumb is that standard copyright does not allow for broadcast or dissemination of any copyrighted work by any entity other than the holder of the copyright. Therefore, unless you are downloading from a single source that either holds the copyright (such as a network site) or has been authorized by the copyright holder (such as iTunes) then you are downloading illegally.  Torrent files of copyrighted material, because they rely on downloads from other users, are always illegal.

    There are exceptions, such as works released under relaxed copyrights or Creative Commons licenses, or works that are in the public domain, but these are rare, and neither the mods nor CNet's staff have the time to examine every single download regardless.  Therefore it makes the most sense to simply forbid all links to download sites.

    Finally, the most important thing is that the editor of this forum has declared Youtube links to be forbidden.  If you disagree with the decisions of an editor, the best thing to do is to talk to them about it calmly.  Then, if they refuse to bend, try contacting a moderator to determine whether the editor's actions are consistent with the Terms of Service.  It saves a lot of bickering in the forums.

    I hope this has been helpful.  If not, please feel free to delete.

    Okay, just in case you want to delete them, there is a youtube thread in the Code Lyoko and Xiaolin Showdown(even though that thread is dead now) fourms. and some that I can't think of now

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qrexranger9

    qrexranger9

    [71]Jul 7, 2006
    • member since: 06/24/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 1,179
    grailwolf wrote:

      Torrent files of copyrighted material, because they rely on downloads from other users, are always illegal.

    'always'? I understand (and I have scrutinized my trusted source very heavily) that they can be legal on condition that the data/info/episodes are in exactly the same form in which it was publically broadcast which would make it as legal as simply recording something off the TV (That doesn't cover DVD rips and that stuff which are 100% illegal) No one has actually challenged that point so I'm still in a state of doubt. 

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KyL416

    KyL416

    [72]Jul 7, 2006
    • member since: 12/27/04
    • level: 56
    • rank: Texas Ranger
    • posts: 1,127
    Your source is wrong. Technically, things you record off of a VCR can only be used by you, and not widely distrubited to others, especially on the internet via torrents.
    Edited on 07/07/2006 4:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaijinPaladinix

    RaijinPaladinix

    [73]Jul 7, 2006
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 3,813
    KyL416 wrote:
    Your source is wrong. Technically, things you record off of a VCR can only be used by you, and not widely distrubited to others, especially on the internet via torrents.


    Yes, a VHS with something recorded off of television have close standards to the FBI warnings you see on Home Video VHS videos. If people came to your house to watch a Power Rangers DVD/VHS you bought from the store or taped off of television, it would be illegal to charge them to view it. Not only the United States has guidelines like that, but most European countries have copyright laws as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Wentwood

    Wentwood

    [74]Jul 17, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 227
    I don't see why there wouldn't be a Team Up this year since we still have 11 Episodes of Mystic Force , so there could still be room for one or 2 team up episodes. The only reason we didn't see a Wild Force and Ninja Storm was the company changed from Saban to Disney so also due to the move to New zeeland it wouldn't have worked anywayays. But with the change settled in the chances there will be a team up are possible. I'm not counting anything out yet. After all Ninja Storm - Dino Thunder happened at Episode 31 last year so it might be around Episode 31.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KyL416

    KyL416

    [75]Jul 17, 2006
    • member since: 12/27/04
    • level: 56
    • rank: Texas Ranger
    • posts: 1,127
    There's only 32 episodes this season, 31 is likely going to be part of the finale.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kellerwilliam02

    kellerwilliam02

    [76]Jul 17, 2006
    • member since: 12/14/04
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 876

    will there be an evil member joining the rangers. Also only a few episodes left.




    SirStack you should let everyone know if all the series' from Sentai are going to be translated Also you should make a chart to show which ones are still left to be done . Just a suggestion.


     Is there a place (besides Japan) that you can buy the Sentai series? I had a place near me that sold DBZ in its original Form but it was in subtitles. Is there a way to buy the Sentai Series like that? No i'm not asking for illegal places only legit.     
    Edited on 07/17/2006 7:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SirStack

    SirStack

    [77]Jul 17, 2006
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 1,213
    kellerwilliam02 wrote:
    will there be an evil member joining the rangers. Also only a few episodes left.


    What does "only a few episodes left" have to do with an evil member joining them? As we saw last year with the absurdly pointless Nova Ranger, a new "member" can "join" the team at any time, even in the finale.

    :
    SirStack you should let everyone know if all the series' from Sentai are going to be translated Also you should make a chart to show which ones are still left to be done .


    All the "series" from Sentai? They'll never do Goranger through Jetman. As long as PR continues, it'll continue using the previous year's Sentai. Doesn't take a chart to see that.

    :
    No i'm not asking for illegal places only legit.


    Nope. Only thing even remotely Sentai related on DVD legally is the upcoming 1966 Ultraman show, and I believe one of the early Kamen Rider series is also getting an official US release subbed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SirStack

    SirStack

    [78]Jul 17, 2006
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 1,213
    Wentwood wrote:
    But with the change settled in the chances there will be a team up are possible.


    Anything is possible. Disney could decide sock puppets should reenact Sentai scenes and that could be PR from now on. But I'll tell you why a team-up this year is improbable:

    1) The budget has been tightened.

    2) With an all-time low episodic total for the year, superfluous elements must be slashed, and team-ups are exactly that.

    3) The main five SPD Rangers were Canadians and Americans. With NS & DT, they had a pretty good mix of Kiwis & Canucks. Any expenses associated with bringing back international cast members is a lot less than hoisting the entirety.

    4) Unlike both of the previous seasons, not a single cast member, either former or current, has come right out and said one was shot. Fliming on PRMF has been over for a few months now. With the amount of cast members a team-up would involve, and the equally large amount of them with a web presence, no news ISN'T good news when factors 1-3 are added to it.

    Besides, story-wise, there's no reason the SPD Rangers should have to come back in time 20 years once again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kellerwilliam02

    kellerwilliam02

    [79]Jul 17, 2006
    • member since: 12/14/04
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 876
    i was under the impression that the series was done in japan. And i didn't know that's what they were doing otherwise I WOULDN'T HAVE ASKED.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaijinPaladinix

    RaijinPaladinix

    [80]Jul 20, 2006
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 3,813
    SirStack wrote:
    Wentwood wrote:
    But with the change settled in the chances there will be a team up are possible.


    Anything is possible. Disney could decide sock puppets should reenact Sentai scenes and that could be PR from now on.


    Don't give Disney any ideas...

    And money. It's all about money too. Anything like team-ups are very pricy, even outside Power Rangers. In the '90s Spiderman show, the episodes of the Neogenic Nightmare saga with the X-Men were very expensive because the VA's for X-Men had to be shipped somewhere or something like that. I read that on the guide here for that shos
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.