Power Rangers Forums

Saturday 12:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Power Rangers Forum rules, submission guide & FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

Robin4084

[141]May 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    My thread is locked?Don't get it.What I intended to say there I'll post here. It wasn't really a bad split with the half of the ranger cast surprised me,I assumed they were money grobbers that caused suicide to their carrer.Nice to hear it didn't happen that way and it was an agent. As for David I can understand his disillusionment with the direction.Apparently production thought his character was better served as Oracle to Batman wise and that meant a pay cut. I perfered him as a ranger and see they didn't treat the vet like he should've been friendly with castmates are not.I know not to get my hopes up ,but I'll do anything to see my boy Billy(if not all originals with pilot Trini) one last time before the series is finally pulled the plug on.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Blade12321

[142]May 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    have you see how david yoist aka billy looks like now, have a look

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0949128/

Robin4084

[144]May 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    Thanks,the latest pick I've seen was Thuy's 9/11 funeral.Receeding hair line,huh.It appears like the rest he has next to nothing  .Hope to hear of him in the news or on a project soon .Man,I miss watching him and Jason Frank those were the days.

Blade12321

[145]May 24, 2007
    • level: 3

Robin4084 wrote:
    Thanks,the latest pick I've seen was Thuy's 9/11 funeral.Receeding hair line,huh.It appears like the rest he has next to nothing  .Hope to hear of him in the news or on a project soon .Man,I miss watching him and Jason Frank those were the days.

ah yes (flashbacks) hmmmmmm those were the days

RaijinPaladinix

[147]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 52

On June 12th, A Reel Fish Story was aired on the hour long PRG on JETIX's evening line-up. Was this episode included in Season 2's run on the last PRG cycle (which was like in Januaryish or so)?

And they skipped Rangers Back in Time because they went to The Wedding trilogy yesterday, the 13th. I know that with MMPR, since there are so many episodes, that they must water down the amount.

But is JETIX switching up what episodes are shown in each MMPR run?

Edited on 06/13/2007 6:41pm

KyL416

[148]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 56

Yes, it aired at the end of December, and has been part of the cycle for a while. Previously it was part of ABC Family's, and it joined TD's this fall.

Rangers Back in Time aired last week on the 7th. As you all should notice by now, since it has been happening since the block began in 2002,Jetix goes by production numbers when determining airing order, not by storyline or airdate, which is most noticable around the Power Transfer where for obvious reasons, many episodes were produced out of order. Which is why Rocky Just Wants to Have Fun and Rangers Back in Time always air before The Power Transfer.

Edited on 06/13/2007 8:14pm

welleg

[149]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 50
    Why do they go by production numbers instead of date of original airing? Convenience? Or something else? If it's already answered elsewhere in this thread, just tell me where. No need to answer it a second time.

KyL416

[150]Jun 19, 2007

For several reasons:

(a) It's an acquired show that they got from the buyout of Fox Family Worldwide, so they don't even have the original airdates on record. So they go by the production numbers, as Fox didn't label the episodes by chronological order.

(b) Even if they had the original airdates, in the early days Fox aired several episodes out of order. Most notably, the official second episode of the show, High Five, which featured the debut of the power blaster, but aired third since Fox decided to air the Pudgy Pig episode as the second episode (even though it's officially sixth).

For the record this guide didn't even have all the airdates correct until recently since not everyone in the fandom kept track of every single episode in the first season, so most of it was compiled by word of mouth and sharing of lists several years ago. It got more complete about two years ago when someone decided to post their list of the airdates they got from when they taped the original airings of the first season.

Edited on 06/19/2007 9:29pm

welleg

[151]Jun 19, 2007
    Thanks for the info!

phatboi2006

[152]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 8
    Back when PR was on Fox Kids why did Fox recognize episodes in the middle of a season as season finales or season premieres?

KyL416

[153]Jun 20, 2007
    phatboi2006 wrote:
    Back when PR was on Fox Kids why did Fox recognize episodes in the middle of a season as season finales or season premieres?
    Because they were produced like that so Fox can take a summer break when it comes to airing new episodes like the primetime schedule does. Which is why there was either some type of closure or a cliff hanger for each "season finale"
    Edited on 06/20/2007 11:38am
    Edited 2 total times.

FlareFox92

[154]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 24
    How come if you in any way compare SS to PR in a forum it is locked up or deleted.

phatboi2006

[155]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 8
    KyL416 wrote:
    phatboi2006 wrote:
    Because they were produced like that so Fox can take a summer break when it comes to airing new episodes like the primetime schedule does. Which is why there was either some type of closure or a cliff hanger for each "season finale"
    O. I understand now. Thanks for replying. And I did notice how its mostly a cliff hanger for each "season finale"

SirStack

[156]Jun 26, 2007
    FlareFox92 wrote:
    How come if you in any way compare SS to PR in a forum it is locked up or deleted.

It doesn't. If you decide to spend a whole post yakking about Sentai solely, that'll get it deleted.

Antiyonder

[157]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 39
    I understand the reason why they hesitate to air Go Volcanic, but what's wrong with Doomsday?

- Buildings destroyed?
    - Lokar's scar?
    - The zords getting chopped, by the limb.

I ask because Toon Disney's BSP like any kids network lack consistency. I hear for instance that two of the season 2 digimon episodes are banned for being too dark, yet the third half of season 3 make those episodes look like a Care Bears episode in comparison.

My apology if my question is out of place.

Antiyonder

[158]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 39
    Also, going to ask:

1. Are the comics based off Power Rangers consider appropriate discussion?

2. Providing they relate to a particular aspect of the episode, can the comics be mention in episode notes/trivia? For instance, the Power Rangers appeared in a one shot issue of Marvel's Masked Rider. Would that be acceptable as a mention in A Friend In Need?

SirStack

[159]Jul 2, 2007
    Discussion for the board? Sure, but considering how long ago they were published, don't expect it to be a very lengthy thread.

As for notes/trivia, that would probably be a limited case, considering how little it had connected with the show.

welleg

[160]Jul 2, 2007
    I know some episodes are streamed on the Jetix website. Are they only up for a limited amount of time? I'm not finding any, but it could just be me.