Power Rangers Forums

Saturday 12:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

who or what created the morphin grid

soulspike

[1]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 11

when did the morphin grid be created, first i thought zordon but zordon didnt created the power coins except the white tiger ranger morphin coin, then i thought ninjor but the new powers that ninjor gave the rangers sinked in with their own DNA which allowed them to call their powers within and their new power morphers were connected to them with their animal spirits.

Then when it came to the zeo crystals which bonded with the rangers on their quest and when it came to the zeo chamber i figure thats where the morphin grid was created, not their presisly but i think connected with the satalites and space technolagy around the world it was placed their created probably by billy or even zordon at that time so the rangers where ever they are could morph, i dont think the power coins were connected to the morphin grid, only to the central of the command centre.

but what im saying here could be wrong but its my theory, so any thoughts of who or what created the morphin grid

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Enthropii

[2]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    I remeber a passing mention to people called the 'Morphing Masters' beofre. Maybe they did it?

10nayr

[3]Apr 25, 2008
    I'm guessing Zordon created it which is why Alpha was the only one able to repair it. Because he was built by Zordon, that and Zordon made the very first team of Rangers.

whyteranger

[4]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    10nayr wrote:
    I'm guessing Zordon created it which is why Alpha was the only one able to repair it. Because he was built by Zordon, that and Zordon made the very first team of Rangers.
    If I am not wrong Alpha5 and Alpha6 were not made by Zordon.

soulspike

[5]Apr 26, 2008
    whyteranger wrote:
    10nayr wrote:
    If I am not wrong Alpha5 and Alpha6 were not made by Zordon.

i know alpha5 was made on another planet by someone else

RaijinPaladinix

[6]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 52
    Maybe Ninjor and Zordon collaborated their powers together? The Grid's so powerful, it's possible that it could have been more than just one person...

SirStack

[7]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 52
    RaijinPaladinix wrote:
    Maybe Ninjor and Zordon collaborated their powers together?

Ninjor was a myth to Zordon until "Ninja Quest".

Look, no one knows who conceived it, or where they got the idea. But there it was in the aisle, by the exit sign, a woofer covered in wood, to shake the room when it should.
    Edited on 04/27/2008 1:14am
    Edited 2 total times.

soulspike

[8]Apr 27, 2008
    SirStack wrote:
    RaijinPaladinix wrote:

Look, no one knows who conceived it, or where they got the idea. But there it was in the aisle, by the exit sign, a woofer covered in wood, to shake the room when it should.

but i dont get it, if no-one knew who or what made the morphin grid, how did they know how to tap into it

shocker713

[9]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    soulspike wrote:
    SirStack wrote:
    RaijinPaladinix wrote:

but i dont get it, if no-one knew who or what made the morphin grid, how did they know how to tap into it

Historically speaking, the best discoveries are usually made by accident.

primallynx

[10]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 14
    Maybe it's a natural planetary occurance. Like ley lines.

dragon22a

[11]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 32

There has been legends in the different series about so-called legendary ancient rangers or warriors. the very first rangers to have existed and were responsible for defeating or imprisoning some of the evils that existed back then. each series seems to have their own legends such as the warriors that imprisoned the demons or the warriors of the animariam. but perhaps one of them, if they are not in fact all the same group, created the morphing grid and were the first to tap into it.

it is also possible that these legendary rangers were the ones to first use the quasar sabers and place them on miranoi. unlike the mages that imprisoned the demons in lightspeed rescue, or the original wild force warriors, these beings were never seen. the sabers were just shown to have appeared on the planet. maybe it was them who created the grid.

another possible group could ahve been one and the same with the ones stated above. the legends that zordon noted. the original power coins were created by ninjor but as stated above zordon did not know about him. according to some records, the coins were actually aquired by zordon in a gamble with him winning the five original coins and rita getting the green coin. the coins could have been used by the original legends making it possible that ninjor did in fact create the morphing grid.

of course these are all just theories. more than likely the morphing grids true origins or nature will never be revealed much like the speed force in dc comics. the grid is just there and as far as is known has always been there.

JIH1984x

[12]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    primallynx wrote:
    Maybe it's a natural planetary occurrence. Like ley lines.

I agree. Maybe it's just a natural part of the atmosphere, existing among other supernatural forces in this universe. It could have always been part of the "ether," waiting for objects like coins or crystals (i only watched this show through turbo) to act as methods of tapping into it.

Stephen0684

[14]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 8

JIH1984x wrote:
    primallynx wrote:
    Maybe it's a natural planetary occurrence. Like ley lines.
    I agree. Maybe it's just a natural part of the atmosphere, existing among other supernatural forces in this universe. It could have always been part of the "ether," waiting for objects like coins or crystals (i only watched this show through turbo) to act as methods of tapping into it.

In the Turbo film, the 4 senior rangers created the zords and most likely the ranger powers as well. In a way, the theories on the morphin grid varies with each season so we may never know on the origin of the morphin grid at all.

bag2218

[15]May 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    What is the morphing grid?

soulspike

[16]May 1, 2008
    bag2218 wrote:
    What is the morphing grid?
    its the power source for their morphers to gain access to, to get their powers
    Edited on 05/01/2008 2:05pm

primallynx

[17]May 1, 2008
    • level: 14
    Maybe it's just something the planet has that different groups use different ways to tap into. Be it Power coins, solar morphers, cell phones, magic wands, or turkey drumsticks.

dragon22a

[18]May 4, 2008
    • level: 32
    it seems to be universal and not centered on any one planet. besides the earth based rangers, the alien rangers and the gold ranger has gained access to the morphing grid. unless they have their own morphing grid the grid is all over.

TheUSB

[19]May 8, 2008
    • level: 3

Here's my theory:

The power coins existed 10,000 years ago when Zordon acquired them. Zordon most likely created the morphing grid to organize the powers and tap into their energies and make them accessible by his chosen rangers, along with the zords and weapons.

When the rangers switched their power coins (such as in Ninja Quest and A Zeo Beginning) Zordon removed the previous powers (as in the power coins, Zeo Crystals, etc.) from the morphing grid and put the new powers on there to align them with the new rangers. It is a GRID after all. When a ranger left the team, he took them off the grid and added the new guy.

This would explain why Adam reacted badly in PRIS. His damaged coin was taken off the morphing grid, so when he morphed he could tap into his coin's powes successfully, but the "molecular transmutation" backfired because the morphing grid wasn't there to stabilize it. When Kat morphed into her Zeo I form in T:APRM either the powers hadn't switched yet or they were both still on the grid.

The LG rangers would have gotten their powers solely from the Quasar sabers, and the Space Rangers could have had their own inclusive powers or used Earth's morphing grid. Same goes for all the other rangers after that.

In OO, they had access to the same morphing grid, and when it was broken by Thrax, Alpha had knew how to fix it because it was the same grid Zordon used, just with the old powers switched out and replaced by the new rangers' powers.

So in my theory, the morphing grid is a mass of complex data that is accessible through magic or computers. When Alpha went in it could have been in computer data form entering the morphing grid program instead of his physical robot form.