Press Your Luck Forums

CBS (ended 1986)

Did you have a favorite Whammy?

staridol822

[1]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 6
    When I was little and watching PYL, I always seemed to cheer for the Whammies.  I love the Michael Jackson Whammy, as well as the Credit Card Whammy and Lawnmower Whammy.  Which Whammies were your all-time favorites?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Water78

[2]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 47
    Sorry to say i never saw press you luck during it run. Only on gsn. So i dont see much but i like when there is abunch of them singing.

Antique22

[3]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 11

staridol822 wrote:
    When I was little and watching PYL, I always seemed to cheer for the Whammies. I love the Michael Jackson Whammy, as well as the Credit Card Whammy and Lawnmower Whammy. Which Whammies were your all-time favorites?
    Is that the Whammy that moonwalks to music and takes money away? Because when I played my Nintendo DS copy of Press Your Luck I had gotten that Whammy when I played it so i'm wondering if that was known as the Michael Jackson Whammy,

Tiki

captaintombatch

[4]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 32
    Yeah, that's the Michael Jackson Whammy! He's got one glove on and doing the moonwalk while making fun of "Billie Jean" in that Whammy! I like the George Washington whammy too!

markdoublea84

[5]Feb 3, 2012
    • level: 57
    It's been a while since I saw PYL, but I remember some of the things the whammies said. One of them says, "If elected, I will raise your taxes!" There's another whammy who says this: "Hello, do you know me?" Another one, I believe it was a gypsy, says, "It's coming to me now, I see financial disaster in your future." And yes, I know about that Michael Jackson whammy who makes fun of Billie Jean. I love that song!

There are several other whammies I know and remember pretty well. One of which is that one who's kind of a bit like Jane Fonda and says, "All right, girls, I wanna see sweat!" Do any of you remember that whammy? I also like the window washing whammy--try saying that three times fast--the pizza making whammy, and even the bowling whammy. There's one that is like Jaws, the shark, the water skiing one, and the surfing whammy. One of the craziest whammies I remember was where Whammy and Tammy were having a picnic and then Fang, the whammy dog, ruins everything.

I even like the whammies who sing. There was one who resembles Cyndi Lauper. The one I like of that kind of whammy was a rock band who sings, "I love to take it back from you."

Does anyone else know of other whammy they remember from the show back then?

Antique22

[6]Feb 5, 2012
    • level: 11

markdoublea84 wrote:
    It's been a while since I saw PYL, but I remember some of the things the whammies said. One of them says, "If elected, I will raise your taxes!" There's another whammy who says this: "Hello, do you know me?" Another one, I believe it was a gypsy, says, "It's coming to me now, I see financial disaster in your future." And yes, I know about that Michael Jackson whammy who makes fun of Billie Jean. I love that song! There are several other whammies I know and remember pretty well. One of which is that one who's kind of a bit like Jane Fonda and says, "All right, girls, I wanna see sweat!" Do any of you remember that whammy? I also like the window washing whammy--try saying that three times fast--the pizza making whammy, and even the bowling whammy. There's one that is like Jaws, the shark, the water skiing one, and the surfing whammy. One of the craziest whammies I remember was where Whammy and Tammy were having a picnic and then Fang, the whammy dog, ruins everything. I even like the whammies who sing. There was one who resembles Cyndi Lauper. The one I like of that kind of whammy was a rock band who sings, "I love to take it back from you." Does anyone else know of other whammy they remember from the show back then?
    Do you remember the Elvis Whammy? That Whammy is so cool and my other favorite Whammy is the New Orleans jazz band Whammy,

Tiki