A Pretty Little Liars Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on Freeform
My theory is that Ezra is not A. I think that he definitely is a lot more in on it then he let on; I think he went to college with the real A (Wren? Wilden?) and has been trying to protect them from behind the scenes from the start. Firstly he wasn't wearing the classic hoodie - he was wearing a cap and jacket. Secondly, when he went in, he looked shocked, then pissed. The lair also contains all suits - Ezra almost never wears suits - Wren does. He has been actively asking the girls if they are still being harassed. (The only adult to do so!) Also, it wouldn't be the first time there was a fakeout with the partner of one of the liars looking guilty then actually protecting them.
Also the fact that there is still at least another season to go, would they really reveal the big bad so soon?

Ok guys - support the theory? Dispute it? Discuss.
Comments (28)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I don't know when I stopped caring, but it happened.
Flag
I think I'm almost there too...
Flag
In the post recent episode, they showed Ezra in the basement of the cabin which looked very "A-lair", however at the end, they showed A, in a different lair. Obviously this was deliberate. Also this person that is sending Ezra picks A? Another A?
Flag
Ok. So was that an Ezra is Board Shorts reveal????
Flag
Ezra is A. the time Aira's mom thanking him for helping out at school. did'nt show the face.
Flag
I don't really care now whoever is A after so many red herring I feel tired I'll take Ezra anyday since I'm not sure I can deal with anymore fakeouts
Flag
A lot of people on other sites are going the Red Coat/he knew Ali route rather than the A-team route for Ezra - what is everyone here thinking of that??
Flag
I think Ezra is not A. I think he probably slept with Ali, I mean who didn't...and knew she wrote about it in the diary and had to get it back. So he's probably a serial pedophile but not A.
Flag
Hmm interesting idea..
Flag
I definitely don't think at this point that Ezra is involved with A. When the summer finale first happened I was really hoping that that is where they were taking his character but idk if that was never their intention or if they backed out and changed his role after Ezria fans got pissed like what happened with Toby. All the clues fans have seen since the earlier seasons could still be pointing to him being a shady character but we need to consider the fact that since the reveal in 4x12 we have never seen him do anything that is DEFINITELY an A action. In last nights episode ("Love ShAck BAby") yes we see him ransack Hanna's room (so I think we know for sure that it was his lair in 4x12 or someone who he is involved with seeing as he was so interested in the diary) but once someone shows up at the cabin the face is never show despite the fact that Ezra was shown doing creepy things the whole episode. If that was him at the cabin he would have been shown for sure. Now that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't involved with the diary getting stolen because that person easily could have been working with him. If that is the case then I believe that person is Travis. Emily's car was tampered with, Travis works for a garage, this caused Hanna to call Travis giving Travis a reason to be there. Travis told Hanna it was going to take him 2 hrs to get there yet the girls probably walked for 30 min tops and weren't at the cabin long then Travis magically shows up right after someone came in to steal the diary. Now we saw Ezra start messing around on Hanna's computer shortly before the car breaks down which doesn't confirm that he did it but it also can't be proven that he definitely didn't at this point. If in fact the A team were the ones who stole the diary I still believe that the person who did it was Travis. So in summary I think Travis is involved whether it be with Ezra or the A team idk yet but he is definitely involved with one in my opinion.

Check out my other theories! Feel free to comment and let me know what you think or your own theories!
pllthehunt.blogspot.com
More+
Flag
I've been thinking that they are trying too hard to make Ezra looking guilty without actually 100% showing A behaviour. It's too much like everything else they do with red herrings. Obviously he has something going on though.
Flag
I actually think the episode Who's in The Box? makes me more convinced Ezra is just a red herring. They seem to be trying too hard to make him seem guilty, without him actually doing anything at all that 100% confirms it.
Flag
Staff
I like this. There's a lot of ammunition in the war to clear Ezra from being A, the biggest cannonball being that this show is deeper in red herring than a St Olaf carnival. They do a decent job of really trying to tip the audience back in favor of Mr Fitz with ambiguity and outward (sincere?) warmth toward the Liars.

A case can be made for either side. To me, the condemning evidence against Ezra is, if he's trying to save them, why did he end up at that bar and making out with Aria? If he knew about the coming days of torture or was at all involved with what happened to Alison, does that make him about the worst?
Flag
ugh, he better really be A, im sick of all the fake0out shit. Im also hoping toby turns out to be part of A after all cause that actually made a lot of sense.
Flag
yeah Toby being A does make more sense than anyone else having something against the girls because of Alison. And then wheat would Ezra be mad at that "revenge" on the girls would matter? I have a feeling Spencer is going to figure it out becasue she seems to always put ALL the pieces together.
Flag
What is Ezra helping to protect? Did Ezra know Wren, Willden, Jason, Garrett and Ian liked young girls and use to video tape them? And I agree that theres more to this then what they're telling us. I think when Ezra saw the lair after the girls left when they were in Ravenswood he was pissed then too because I personally thought Ezra was looking for answers himself and seeing all the girls pictures and secret on the wall made him a little upset. I might be wrong but this is just my opinion.
Flag
yeah, I actually do think he was a little in on all that stuff with them. they are saying we are going to be seeing a different side/darker Ezra, that's my bet on what it is
Flag
I've suspected Wren since season 1 and waited patiently the start of his shadiness. I agree with mjones61, the writers don't know either!
Flag
Same!
Flag
They're making it up as they go along. The writers don't know themselves. Speculation is pointless.
It's as pointless as trying to guess who Red John was on The Mentalist. Red Herring for Thanksgiving, anyone?
Flag
Ps. I HATED the red john thing in the Menalist, how could a show like that not have a clear idea from the start!?It really showed
Flag
I've been wondering that, and I really hope it isn't the case!
Flag
Also, these tv shows get a kick out of doing whats most unexpected, and always shocking! (even if that comes at the expense of all forms of logical explanation.) Considering that, now that they hav put up so SO many suspects b4 us, NOTHING (not even caleb being 'A') could possibly shock us much at this point. So, they would probably make one of d girls d biggest baddest 'A'... thats my theory anyway.
Flag
Also the point that PLL has at least one-and-a-half seasons left to air - would they really reveal the truth that soon??
Flag
Follow this Show
Members