A Pretty Little Liars Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on ABC Family

FILE THIS UNDER DUH

... Tyler Blackburn, who portrayed Caleb Rivers on Pretty Little Liars before making the jump to its failed spin-off Ravenswood, will return to Rosewood, Hanna, and the rest of the Liars for the fifth season of PLL, which premieres Tuesday, June 10. This is so obvious that A wouldn't even bother writing a snarky message about it. This is so obvious that even blind Jenna could see it. This is so obvious that even Aria knew what was going on. Okay, I'm done. But really, if you didn't see this coming, you probably also don't realize that PLL isn't that good anymore either. [ABC Family via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... Deadliest Catch will return for Season 10 on Tuesday, April 22 at 9pm. In case you need a refresher on the long-running reality show, Discovery will air a special recap episode on Tuesday, April 15 at 9pm. [Discovery via press release]

... This next brief is really good news for all three of Alan Thicke's fans! The former Growing Pains patriarch and How I Met Your Mother guest-star will soon have his own reality series on TVGN! Unusually Thicke will star Thicke, his younger wife Tanya, and their 16-year-old son Carter. His son Robin Thicke (yes, that Robin Thicke) will also be featured, but is not a cast member. It premieres Wednesday, April 16 at 10pm in case you want to go ahead and make other plans! [TV Guide]

... The cast of How I Met Your Mother will sit down with James Lipton for an in-depth interview on Inside the Actors Studio on March 27, just a few days before the one-hour series finale on March 31. Here's a sneak peek where Lipton asks questions and Neil Patrick Harris responds as Barney Stinson:

[Bravo via press release]

... I bet Fox is really regretting having already renewed Glee for another season. Last night's episode, which saw New Directions travel to Los Angeles for Nationals, reached a series low bringing in only 2.3 million viewers with a 0.9 rating. Yikes. [The Wrap]

... The History Channel's next big miniseries will be an eight-parter titled Texas Rising. Premiering in 2015, the miniseries will focus on the Texas Revolution against Mexico which eventually led to the formation of the Texas Rangers. I double-checked and they mean the actual law enforcement agency and not the baseball team, which would probably have made a way more interesting miniseries, in my opinion. Leading the cast are Bill Paxton, Ray Liotta, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Brendan Frasier, and many others. Don't worry, ladies who prefer their men younger and squintier, Chad Michael Murray also appears. [EW]

CASTING NEWS

... Oliver Hudson, who plays Edgehill label head Jeff Fordham, and Will Chase, who portrays Rayna's current boyfriend and fellow country music star Luke Wheeler, have both been upped to series regulars on Nashville. Can someone please tell Nashville that it is not Game of Thrones and that it doesn't have enough compelling story to warrant this many characters, let alone series regulars? [Deadline]

... Rose McIver (Once Upon a Time) has been cast as the lead in The CW's iZombie pilot. Her character Liv was a med student before being turned into a zombie. Now she works for the coroner's office so she can eat the brains of the dead in order to maintain her humanity. The only catch is that when she eats them, she ingests all of their memories, which she then uses to help solve murder cases. [THR

... You can take the boy out of Boy Meets World—wait no. Let's try that again. What does a Mouth and a Minkus—no, still wrong. Shit. Look, do you remember Minkus on Boy Meets World? He was the nerdy kid portrayed by Lee Norris before Norris appeared as Mouth on One Tree Hill. Anyway, what I'm saying is Norris will reprise his role of Minkus in Girl Meets World! Now, what do I have to do to get Rider Strong to appear? [E! Online]

... Scott Cohen (The Carrie Diaries) has joined NBC's new drama pilot Coercion. He'll play the father of Gavin Stenhouse's character Alex. A war veteran and CIA analyst, Alex is a real patriot, you know? Little does Alex know, though, that his father (Cohen), his mother (Hope Davis), and his sister (Margarita Levieva) are all members of a recently activated Russian sleeper cell. Of course they are. Because it wouldn't be an NBC pilot if it didn't sound like an idea taken from somewhere else. [Deadline]

... Pablo Schreiber, who played the psychotic killer and rapist William Lewis on Law & Order: SVU at the beginning of the show's 15th season, will reprise the role this April in an episode in which he kidnaps a 12-year-old girl with the intent of getting Olivia Benson's (Mariska Hargitay) attention. I could be wrong, but I'm going to go ahead and say that it works. [EW]

... Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) has joined the cast of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Glenn Talbot, a Marvel character who spent years hunting down the Incredible Hulk. He'll appear in an episode this April, and although it's unconfirmed, will probably recur on the series. Also, the character's famous mustache is fake and cost $400! [Marvel]

... Yael Grobglas, whose character on Reign was last seen entering a secret passageway and never heard from again, has signed on to star in Jane the Virgin, The CW pilot about a woman who is accidentally artificially inseminated. Grobglas will play Monica, the wife of the man whose sperm was used to inseminate the wrong girl. Man, what an awkward conversation that must have been. "You see what happened was ..." [Deadline]

... Keke Palmer (90210) will recur in Season 2 of Showtime's Masters of Sex. She'll play Coral, the nanny hired by the Masters to care for their new baby. [Showtime via press release]

REQUIRED VIEWING/READING/WHATEVER

... To celebrate Deadwood's tenth anniversary, Matt Zoller Seitz, the current editor-in-chief of RogerEbert.com and New York Magazine's TV critic, created a video essay looking back on the series and its legacy. The video is narrated by Jim Beaver and is definitely worth checking out. [RogerEbert.com]

... Breaking Bad co-stars Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston were reunited at the Need for Speed premiere. The bromance lives on! Hooray! [Digital Spy]

Next Episode

AIRS ON 7/29/2014

Season 5 : Episode 8

23 Comments
Follow this Show
Members