A Pretty Little Liars Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on Freeform

Pretty Little Liars S04E11: "Bring Down the Hoe"

I've spent a few decades on this planet, including a good bit of time in the South, but never once did I learn a line-dance move.

Yet, despite no one on this show having any remote interest in country-western anything, these girls come out slapping and stomping like they were born and raised in Dillon, Texas. Hanna was led around by Travis the Starer, Emily engaged in a cute dance with Paige, and Spencer... owns a pair of overalls. They all have hats and Western shirts (Toby was even wearing that jacket that looks like it's straight out of Urban Cowboy), and it was like I wasn't supposed to believe they live in suburban Pennsylvania.

Pretty Little Liars has served up some pretty egregious scenes where something completely out of whack happens, like our characters dip into an alternate universe for a while where Adam Lambert shows up for a town-wide train lock-in and olympic swimmer Missy Franklin wants to go out of her way to visit a small town and give a pep-talk to a pretty little stranger. But watching Aria two-step, however boorishly, and in spite of her basic cultural snobbishness, was weird, man. Does the showrunner's cousin own a cowboy hat and plaid shirt warehouse? "Please, take these off my hands! I can't give them away!"

Although Jake looked like he was enjoying himself for possibly the first time since he and Aria started dating. It's been an up-and-down ride for me with Jake, given that he seems dead behind the eyes, and since I presume he has external genitalia, he's immediately a suspect on this show. But PLL really gave us the hard sell this week, with him showing up at school, being generally present, and, of course, that Prince Charming boot thing.

Jake knowing the perfect fit for Aria and sliding the boot onto her foot is supposed to be a nod to that Disney princess crap where this strapping man comes to rescue Aria from her troubled life. I would just chalk it up to saccharine fairy tale so that we feel like there's an actual dilemma when Aria has to decide between Jake and the Worst Idea. But there's something about Aria pointedly asking, "How'd you know my size?" that stuck with me. Sure, it could just mean that Jake is a natural shoe salesman (the obvious career path for someone who wants to be a professional martial artist), but it just reminded me of how Mona knows everything about the Liars. Though, even if Jake is a part-time Hoodie, he's still Better than Ezra and his sad stack of cups:

The hoedown notwithstanding, the episode was good at advancing the plot while setting up #WorldWarA next week (which, based on the promos, sounds like an upcoming dubstep festival). And if not the actual plot, at least some theories. The one you're supposed to be talking about is Cece and her bright red coat. It does seem too easy, doesn't it? That Cece has the coat (though never dons the thing) and has been a suspected Red Coat this season smells of red herring. We've been conditioned by this show to not only pick up on clues but also to string together the clues of omission. We see a dead body but we don't see a face; therefore, despite Spencer's reaction, it can't be Toby. Ashley is being shifty and seems to have all of the evidence needed to condemn her of murder, but we never see her doing anything to destroy that evidence; therefore she's not the murderer. Cece has the coat. It's sitting on her chair. She never puts it on. Is she Red Coat?

But it doesn't absolve her from getting stabby through the peepholes in the DiLaurentis house. She's definitely a Hoodie, if not a ring leader, and capable of causing at least as much mayhem as Alison herself, like catching Aria in the eye. Although this is assuming that there's only one Red Coat, just like we were led to believe there was only one A (when we know now that it's always been a team). We don't seem to know how deep the rabbit hole goes, how many people routinely dress in Alison's costumes and masks, or even if their fearless leader wears the same thing every time she goes a-bullying. That they see Red Coat often might just be another indication that this is another tactic of making other people adopt Alison's image. Or Vivian Darkbloom, as the case may be.

No matter what, though, Toby is a whiny baby and it's unconscionable that he still trusts A, whoever A is. I do like that this A has brought back the concept of "gifts," that rope-a-dope method of lulling Liars and S.O.'s into a false sense of security that, by doing A's bidding, you'll get a piece of the puzzle of your life. And then the police show up while you're trying to break into a car in the middle of Howdidyoufindme, Pennsylvania. It's been hard to like Toby for the past few episodes firstly because he's been a petulant sad sack about this ret-conned mommy issue. But also because he's never allowed himself to be one of the Liars. And that's weird, like watching Aria kicking around a Western bar.

When Mona was ousted from the A team, she could easily be identified as a new member of the Liars (it helps that a doll resembling her had been added to the growing collection of creepy doll likenesses). Despite the girls constantly pinning bad things on her—and, understandably, never putting much trust in her—we as an audience could group them together. Toby has always been on the outside. He's been able to join up with the Significant Others Brain Trust but, despite clearly being just as tortured by A as everyone else he knows, he never identifies with them. This investigation into his mother made that clearer than ever. "You told your friends?" he cried like the morose jackass that he is. Maybe he's playing the game (he knows that getting involved with all the Liars means A will take some kind of revenge), but he should know better that the game is rigged and, despite all his vampire powers, he will lose every time.

Maybe it was the silliness of the hoedown in the middle, but this episode didn't really feel like it was setting much up for the summer finale next week. You expect a penultimate episode to have more "what!" "oh my gah!" "how did?!" moments. But, besides Cece sitting outside Ezra's door (presumably to get evidence in order to blow up Aria's relationship with Jake) and Toby getting chased by cops, there was no archduke assassination equivalent to start #WorldWarA. What has been a fairly plodding season has led to a weirdly uneventful build. Here's hoping for some jaw-dropping moments next week.

NOTES

– What this episode did bring was the much-needed return of banter and one-liners. Sometimes it's hard to remember that these girls are friends, not just a support group. It started with Spencer's "I'm eating this" at the beginning of the episode, continued through Aria's "See, I told you she has the best flashlight" and then went right into Hanna's one-liners. I missed those from bummer Hanna lately. "Yeah, even Emily."

– Anyone else feel like Tanner sitting with the girls was about to break out with a, "What's up, girlfriends?" Also: What happened to Detective Nicey-Nice?

– Although Aria almost certainly meant that she knows a double life when she sees one because of Ezria, it's only going to fan the flames of the theory that Aria has split-personality disorder and is actually A/Red Coat/every Hoodie/Mona/the devil.

– It always amazes me that pertinent information doesn't come to light for the Liars until something innocuous sparks their memory. Emily comes up with the most plausible theory to date because Ali essentially told her everything while painting her nails? What kind of systematic repression of memories are these girls suffering? Did Alison put them all through A Clockwork Orange levels of behavioral therapy?

– Travis the Starer. The deus ex machina that may just save Hanna's mom's life. Then again, that just makes him suspect, too. It's too convenient. But at least he works. Caleb, get a job.

– Aria about to be stabbed by a needle. Spencer? Calm as a Hindu cow.

– Who do these girls think they are that they just ask a stranger for his truck? "Hey, old man! See how cute we are?! I'm wearing this tiny shirt under my overalls! Eyes up here. Listen, we need to steal your truck full of hay. I know, I know. But hear me out. It's so we can possibly run over this other girl. No! Listen! We just want to steal your truck and maybe murder someone! It's either that or we beat them to death in the back with a hoe. So. Your choice. Also, I don't know how to drive stick, so your transmission is screwed. Where are the keys?"

– Your Moment of A: Awwww, that hoodie is knitting a tiny wittle sweater! For her cute/disturbing wittle dollies. And then he's stabbing them! Oh, the humanity!

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/2/2016

Season 7 : Episode 6

78 Comments
Comments (78)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Yeah the dancing. It was incredibl...y stupid. Oh god... I'm just speechless.

Jake is giving me the weirdo vibes too. I really don't want Ezria back but at the moment Ezra as a character is more enoyable to watch than Jake. Could they already reveal what kind of psycho Jake is and get on with it?

Emily is just dim enough to actually forget such an important bit of information and need some ugly nailpolish to remind her. "Oh yeah, that friend of ours that was killed. She told someone pulled a gun on her. I don't why this took me 3 years to remember, totally slipped my mind."

Travis came up rather sudden but I guess they are trying to find a new hunky for Hanna fast since Caleb is going to ghost town. Travis was okay, will see what comes of that. Is it all just a ploy by A or does Hanna just always score the nicest and best looking guys in the show?
Flag
Oh yeah, and it felt like half the ep was watching line dancing. What on earth was up with that?? Did they really need to waste so much time on that??

Flag
Um, yeah, I'm done. After next week's finale, I will officially cancel my series recording. I haven't been watching from the beginning, I watched the seasons back to back on Netflix and then joined live last season. I stuck around thinking maybe, just maybe there'd be some kind of end in sight but it just keeps going and going and it's getting old QUICK. 2 steps forward and 4 back and absolutely no resolution to anything. I don't like these pairings they keep forcing on us - Emily and crazyeyes Paige, Aria and the pedofile and Spencer and the man child. I was able to tolerate Jack but now that they're trying to get Ezria back together I'm just done.
Flag
ha-ha kudos for saying the thing about Emily and Paige. their whole relationship is so forced, and it just doesn't work at all. I loved Emily and Maya though :)

I'm willing to keep watching if the finale gives us some actual answers and it leaves me satisfied and wanting more. the only reason I may quit watching is if Alison is in fact dead. that would totally suck.
Flag
So I kind of think if I am satisfied with the answers I am interested in...basically what happened to Alison and is this her kinder twin and whether there is a rationale explanation or even a crazy one why whoever ia so focused on the Liars especially when Jenna seems on the outs with A and hers was the only legitimate beef (though Toby has one too)...I'm done.

And Emily just because you are an obsessive and controlling girlfriend doesn't mean Aria has to be one..did you not pay any attention to that break up? Itsnot her job anymore to take care of the man baby Ezra. Plus let her focus on Jake she has her own ssuspicions of him she needs to concentrate on especially if he is on A's side..he actually can do physical damage.
Flag
Just have to say one thing: this episode was WEIRD. Maybe I should watch it again before the next episode. Can't wrap my hands around it yet. Feeling confused.. I don't know. It felt weak, but maybe if I watch it a second time, things will come to me, maybe I'll even like it. ;) Not my favorite episode, the line-dancing and cowboy clothing was just too much for my simple Dutch mind ;)
Flag
My favorite moment was Aria saying to Spencer that she has never put her boyfriend before her friends when it comes to fighting A. Considering that she's rarely involved in one of their plots and that her storylines are only about dating boys, I think we can say that she has a great sense of humor.

But again the all episode was involuntary comical. I get that they want to do some embedded marketing sometime ("oh look it's insidious 2! let's watch it and talk about it for 5minutes even if it has nothing to do with this show!") but what is a 5 minutes synchronized dance supposed to advertise exactly? women shoes?
Flag
Hanna what were you thinking?!? You're my favourite Liar but you were super stupid this episode... why would you give Travis back that money right out in the open, now that he has given a statement to the police possibly exonerating her mum, I can just see the sort of blackmail photo and torture that A is going to set on Hanna now, will Radley have another inmate soon?? Just take a chill pill and listen to Caleb, he's the only reasonable person in the know with some perspective on the situation.

Toby, Toby, Toby, when are you just going to disappear?!? I never liked you but now you are just a whiney bitch, can you go and die for real...I don't understand how you can keep drinking the A coolaide like it's a truth potion, you were part of the A team, really if you had half a brain you would not be trusting anything you get from A, you better not get Caleb in trouble with the cops cause of your issues.

Aria is totally going to go back with Ezra, there will be several episodes with her 'battling' with her conscience over breaking things off with Jake but now that Malcolm and Maggie are out of the picture it's only a matter of time. Don't know why they branched off with this story, there could have been so much more fun/drama if Wes had tried to steal Aria away, even more so if it was to bring Ezra brokenhearted back to the family fold and then he dumped Aria's ass ASAP, so many missed opportunities.

Emily....ugh no comment worthy, you are SO BORING!!
More+
Flag
Reading some of the other comments, what if Mrs. D is actually A. They put that whole her knitting a sweater thing at some point recently....and then we see A knitting...fairly obvious linkup BUT it would be really interesting if she had lost her mind and became a victim. Or she could already have been involved like Aria's dad was before Allie died. Just thoughts.
Flag
CeCe is not 'Red Coat' but she's definitely 'A'? but not the 'A' that knows a lot about Toby's mom death?...Red Coat didn't lived in Ravenswood, so how did she 'magically' escaped despite all the stabbings? why would she 'hide' in that haystack anyway... at this point I'm more interested in the 'A' team motives than whoever they are.
Flag

First of all this episode had a lot of dancing in it and I ask myself why , why must we be exposed to this , this isn't glee people .

Also jake "dead eyes" and aria how can I put this …I actually started to long for some ezria , the guy is usually a snooze fest but in this episode he just looked like a guy who's ready to snap , something is really wrong with that dude and I'm not even talking about the boots he bought aria which was more weird than romantic that's for sure but the guy has been leaving creepy vibes all over the place .

Looks like hanna is going to have a new love interest, I kinda like the actor who plays travis but I will definitely miss caleb

Have you noticed that aria's doll is shorter than the rest, A and his sense of humor also another useful fact he/she can knit somehow I really can't imagine ezra ( has to be member of the A TEAM)doing that. also the photo that A sent toby of that car did anyone notice it was parked next to a red barn much like the one Emily was locked in season 2.

Also red coat hiding in the hay reminded me of the movie termors I kept waiting for red coat to jump out and eat one of the liars.

More+
Flag
THANK YOU!!! I knew that freaking barn looked familiar and I couldn't remember what it was from!!!!
Flag
happy to help :)
Flag
Why does it seem like Jake is more into the relationship controlling? When he tells Ezra let Aria out... And Aria is some place else talking to Emily about Ezra...

I am so sorry here... I don't like Jake at all and his controlling actions is going to backfire into his face. You never go behind woman's back and tell somebody they can't hang out with controlling their life. Even when they just hanging out just as friends from break relationship...

If it was Aria & Jake together came over to Ezra? And say let us be alone are selves on our date... And Aria will say please let me go... We break-up and I move on with somebody else and maybe you should do the same as well...
But this didn't happen at all... It was all Jake with his controlling words being more into the relationship.

Aria didn't say she doesn't want Ezra in her life... When she is now dating Jake and she can't just call it off with him and go back to Ezra... Of course people Aria want Ezra stay in her life as friends or probably re-built relationship.
More+
Flag
My god but if Toby gets any stupider he'll just straight up forget to breathe... Celebrations would ensue.
Flag
Loved the "Cups" reference. I'm convinced the actor playing Jake was hiring soley on the fact that he can dance, line dance. I think they knew they were having a hoe-down and knew he would kill it. He looked like a professional out there with his moves having so much fun.
Flag
a few weeks ago i pointed out that A's handwriting looked bad cuz of the gloves... someone even mentioned that A plays the piano with gloves... and now A's knitting with those gloves on??? ok they might be super thin or A is just super talented
Flag
Maybe they're new technology gloves. They're like the gloves that allow you to still use your phone but times a million. ;)

Or they could have a germ phobia!!!!! And they hang out with Mayor Wilkins in their spare time!
Flag
AWESOME COMMENT!!!

Flag
Yeah, knitting with gloves would be darn near impossible.
Flag
Gloves are there,because of us,viewers. If there were no gloves and hoodies,we would know,who is behind it all.
Flag
oh for real? thanks for the very much needed info
Flag
Shove your sarcasm,where sun doesn't shine! If you know this,I can't believe,how you would be surprised by what Hoodies do in their gloves. Four seasons in,those "jokes" about gloves are really "funny" and original.
Flag
Gee, thanks. Would have never guessed.
Flag
The best part of this episode : Shut up Hanna !
Flag
I rolled my eyes when Aria started talking about how they all had problems and shit. Emily and Hanna do (and Spencer usually does but not much this season), but Aria almost never has any problems that she doesn't bring among herself. If she hadn't gotten into a relationship with her teacher 90% of her troubles and torment...GONE! And now she's about involved with him again.
Flag
Not sure if I missed something or not, but does anyone else feel that Spencer has been acting a bit shifty in the last couple episodes? Emily wants to move in, one of her best friends who has NO HOME, and she basically tells her it's not a good idea and then launches into what Toby is going through? What does Toby have to do with anything? It's not like he needs Spencer or her room to whine and moan after his poor ol' mama. I think perhaps this show conditions me to be suspicious of everyone and to be honest Spencer has been entirely too lame this season so I could be grasping for straws here...
Flag
Yeah, not a summer finale build up at all. All the evidence pointins straight to people is just too neat, you're absolutely right about that. Take nothing at face value with this show.
I got the creeps by 200% with the whole Aria Jake boot thing. I got a really hoody vibe from knowing her shoe size, really.
But my biggest question that bothered me all episode long is the following: (As a foreign person) DO AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOLS REALLY DO THAT SORT OF DANCES?! And they all dress and and ACTUALLY SHOW UP? And dance? It was the weirdest thing ever. (I don't know about your fellow countries, but in mine, kids are NOT into high school dances. Of course, my high school was ruled by nuns, so that explains a lot too.)
Flag
In small towns, they might do themed dances, but they RARELY actually dress up and even more rarely do dances like that. My sister is still in high school and they have never done one. EVER.

Flag
Some are and some aren't. You're always going to have those kids that go all in no matter what. My high school didn't go random middle-of-the-year dances but Sadie Hawkins was always themed and kids tended be more all-in for that one. I only went when it was 80s themed. :D But small towns also tend to go a little more over the top than your more urban areas in my experience.
Flag
Really? thanks, I didn't know that. I always believed it was all movies bluff.
Flag
I feel like whoever the real A/Red Coat is, they're setting CeCe up to take the fall. All the information and photos she had wherever she was staying looked like it came from the RV, and she really didn't sound too eager to come to Rosewood, so maybe whoever is bullying the girls is doing something similar to her and she's just trying to figure out who they are, probably suspecting one of the girls.
Also, it seemed like the hoedown party theme came into existence solely because people producing the show found out the actor who plays Jake could line dance. He looked truly great in that scene, even though the dancing went on too long for my taste.
Finally, ugh Aria and Ezra getting pushed back together and really mad at Emily for being the one doing the pushing. I get that she feels bad for Ezra, but her reasoning lacked any logic or sensitivity towards one of her best friends. She knows how hard that relationship was for Aria, and now when she's just started getting over it and dating someone new, and literally moments before tells Emily she finally feels like she's moving on, Emily still pushes Aria to go talk to the man who stalked her to a hoedown.
More+
Flag
"so maybe whoever is bullying the girls is doing something similar to her and she's just trying to figure out who they are, probably suspecting one of the girls."

Good thinking - she was listening in on Ezra & Aria so maybe one of those two is her suspect.
Flag
"Though, even if Jake is a part-time Hoodie, he's still Better than Ezra and his sad stack of cups."

"It's been hard to like Toby for the past few episodes firstly because he's been a petulant sad sack about this ret-conned mommy issue."

" 'You told your friends?' he cried like the morose jackass that he is."

"Although Aria almost certainly meant that she knows a double life when she sees one because of Ezria, it's only going to fan the flames of the theory that Aria has split-personality disorder and is actually A/Red Coat/every Hoodie/Mona/the devil."

How do you even come up with these Nick? I laughed for about 10 minutes straight after reading the devil part. LOL <

Thank you so much for the review! It was a lot more entertaining than the show. You are one of my favorite reviewers on this site :)
Flag
I am pretty sick of the whole show at this point. First of all, is it just me or did anyone else remember how Paige looked when she first appeared on the show? Like a horse. Now they have cleaned her up and put her in the spotlight but that whole relationship/lesbian storyline just always seemed bogus and forced from the beginning to me. I really switch off everytime Paige is on.

I am also annoyed by the Toby storyline. In fact, I don't even know what it is anymore or why it means anything to anyone. His mom is dead...all the clues won't bring her back so why is he determined to drag himself and everyone else through the mud...and why hasn't he mentioned word one about Jenna and her accident last week? No they weren't close but she's still his family. They seemed to toss that storyline in with no thought at all.

To the poster that said they were tired of how bratty Hanna was being, where have you been? She's always been self centered. Of course, I think her reactions are justified this season. Her mom is this close to being put to death...no one else is in that kind of danger. Let her whine, at least she's being proactive this season..even if she is still dense.

I am thinking Jake is on the A team and when Aria finds out it's going to throw her right back into the thick of it with Ezra. Then Ezra is going to find out that she kissed his brother and they'll break up again.
More+
Flag
"To the poster that said they were tired of how bratty Hanna was being, where have you been? She's always been self centered. Of course, I think her reactions are justified this season. Her mom is this close to being put to death...no one else is in that kind of danger. Let her whine, at least she's being proactive this season..even if she is still dense."

Well, that would be me. Here's the thing though, Hannah started acting bratty around mid-through Season 3. She used to be my favorite character back in Season 1 and 2. Her mom was out of prison (in this very episode), and Hannah still talked down to Spencer and she was acting like her problems are most important. You may find her actions/attitude excusable but I don't. Emily (who's now homeless) has been totally oblivious to her mother's feelings but she does not need an attitude adjustment and she's not having little outbursts where she's constantly yelling at the rest of the girls every single episode. Hannah needs some sort of intervention because this is simply ridiculous.

and no, I don't like repeating that I hate Hannah every episode, but I'm so disgusted by her, there's just so much one person can take. even a small scene of humility would shut me up. lol<

As for the Paige comment, yes the whole thing feels very forced. I liked Maya much better, but the writers decided to kill her off. (which makes no sense to me)
More +
Flag
I respect your opinion I just happen to disagree. I think all of the liars have their flaws just like real people. Spencer talks down her nose to the others and has from the beginning. I have no sympathy for her when she gets snapped on. She lives in a very entitled world compared to the other girls and it never seems to occur to her that she's spoiled.

Emily, Emily, Emily. No she doesn't have a house but I also don't feel too much sympathy for her (minus the house thing, that really sucks) she makes really bad choices and treats her parents really badly. I give more points to Hannah for lashing out at her friends than Emily who lashes out at her parents..that's way worse in my opinion. Telling her mom not to touch her? Get serious! The woman gave her life and has fed and clothed her ever since. No way do you disrespect or disregard your parents like that. NONE. Plus if I have to see her give the screen one more oh i'm so helpless and confused face I'm going to throw up. She reminds me of Angelina Jolie. She doesn't do much except pose, pout and yeah, pose.
More +
Flag
Okay! I have now seen all the parts that I missed last night.

CeCe is so not Red Coat. It's a complete red herring. Someone on another site thought that the 2 coats looked completely different as well. Now if we are to believe Mona, Red Coat didn't come into the picture until season 3, which does correspond with when we first saw CeCe. However, I think the show has put too much into trying to convince us that she's Red Coat. Plus I don't see Red Coat sinking to the level of wearing a hoodie.

I think Travis is somehow related to Wilden. The resemblance is too weird. And he referenced a few times not wanting to sell out his family (and father). Either that, or his family had something to do with killing him.

The hoedown didn't feel THAT weird to me. You'd be surprised how many people are closet 2-steppers or at least know how to do it. And with all the clothes these girls have, you're surprised they could pull together that look?

I love Toby but I just wanna slap him right now. I'm sure if I was in his position I would want to find out everything I could, but when the info is coming from the enemy you have to at least proceed with a little caution. But I wouldn't shut out the people that care about me either. Or force them to continually lie for me.

The one-liners have definitely been lacking and it was great to have those moments of humor.
More+
Flag
What felt weird to me was how happy Jake seemed while doing it. I don't know many men that have THAT much fun doing a line dance unless they are very drunk.
Flag
Maybe he was? Maybe he's a closet drunk and had a flask hidden in his boot. With this show, SOMETHING has to be wrong with him.
Flag
Oh, how I wish I could have seen that... it would be hilarious.
Flag
I thought Aria's two-step was amazing she actually nailed it and was very good at it
Flag
When you see movement in a haystack, yes, the best plan is to stab it with a garden hoe.
Flag
I would have gone with pitchfork, but hey...
Flag
I must reserve full judgment until after they put it online this afternoon. Our internet modem went out and of course the fiance just went and tried to restart it not remembering that EVERYTHING goes through that damn modem so I have several 3+ minute breaks through the episode. Grr.
Flag
This show is on drugs.
Flag
Best line of the week: "Shut up Hanna!"
Emilys back in my favour after this episode, it seems like shes the only one with a heart anymore while the others are just obsessing over A to the point of no longer being there for eachother. (Except Aria, shes just wrapped up in boy trouble as per usual)
I also like her again after she started bashing the hay with a sharp gardening tool, essentially trying to murder Red Coat, and put an end to A in a pretty badass way: putting a hoe through her skull.
Flag
Yeah normally i hate Emily but LOL that was very funny
Flag
Well, I'm more or less conflicted about the way I feel after watching tonight's episode. There were good things, there were bad things, and there were a lot of ridiculous things. Where do I even start?

The Good

Spencer was pretty amazing this week. She had a bunch of one-liners that made me laugh. I think my favorite was "Hi, I'm Spencer, I'm climbing into the crawl space." I love her so much! < She's always been my favorite liar. Although, I feel like the writers have not spend a lot of time developing her character this season. She's been basically used as a prop for Toby's storyline which is quite frustrating.

Aria and Jake. So, yeah, I gotta admit, I hated them at first but I've grown to like them as a couple. I thought that their exchange at the car was very awkward but also very sweet. Their dance at the hoedown was simply amazing! Props to both actors, they have some mad skills!

The girls actually working together for once to solve the Red Coat mystery was all kinds of awesome. I wish it happened a lot more often than it does now.

The Bad

Hannah - (yes, another Hannah rant incoming/srry all)

I can't get over the fact how bratty and prissy Hannah has been acting all season long. I'm so sick and tired of her little outbursts and the way she continues to speak to Spencer and the rest of the girls. Why does she keep getting away with this? Seriously, someone needs to snap Hannah back to reality and put her in her place! - it's not always about you Hannah! Your mom being framed for murder DOES NOT give you the right to act like a jerk!

No Mona! <

Toby's storyline is extremely dull and annoying. Why am I being reminded that Toby's mom is dead in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE? Does anyone else really care if she was really murdered? I know, I don't.
I didn't like the Ali flashback. It was odd, and it didn't give us any answers.

The Ugly

I'm not digging the whole CeCe is a part of the A team or she's is infact Red Coat. It's been so obvious that it's her all season long, and I'm very dissapointed with the reveal + she's a grown *** woman. It's kind of sad that's she's involved in all this nonsense. <

I sincerely hope that the finale would give us all the answers we've been wondering all season long. If it doesn't happen, then I'm most likely not coming back for the rest of Season 4.
More+
Flag
Great,they added another character to the show...like we really need more of them.
And who is Stacy? I thought Emily said to Spencer,that Stacy was already there...or did I misheard it and she said CeCe?
Ezra already moved from Malcolm to getting back to Aria...his plan all along I bet:P Since Jake knows this,he could tell someone and get Ezra off the show!
Hanna and Travis dancing..fail!
Flag
This show is slowly losing me. Like maybe I'll just wait until the shows ended and marathon it on Netflix. The reveal of Cece didn't seem like much of a reveal or that big of deal. I find myself constantly critizing the show with less omg moment. I remember I let Hanna get away with dumping the car in the lake. But when she was caught burying a gun on college campus and only dug a few inches I lost a lot of hope. It's like the girls have grown or learned at all from their past mistakes. The characters are to easily manipulated.
Flag
If the girls actually thought through what they did and learned from their past mistakes, then the show would end ;P. But I do think they all need a bit of character development
Flag
Well yea, but I mean it's just that they're still so helpless and careless with how they go about things it gets old. Can't they still be smart and come up with better plans to get A even if the fail.
Flag
The dress Caroline got from Klaus on TVD, was so much better and far less creepy the the boots, Aria got from her BF. The fact that he knew her sizes was creepy, even if he called it a party trick.
Flag
Totally.
Flag
Im pretty sure Cece is not RedCoat. It would be so obvious. I believe she's a minion for a bigger one, maybe she's just the "New A" (the one who says "Kisses, .-A") and RedCoat, my bet is for Ali, as always.
Flag
Yeap., I got back to the Ali being alive and Red Coat theory.
Flag
I hope you're right. The writers have disappointed us before with obvious reveals. They initially said A wasn't the same character as in the books. But it ended up being Mona.

I also think Toby's A storyline was ruined. I was genuinely surprised when we saw his face revealed while he was wearing the black hoodie. I think I even screamed NO at the TV. And I don't take PLL seriously at all ;p

Creepy, Evil Toby was interesting. Just being A's pawn is boring.

But there has to be a twist. They wouldn't reveal everything before the finale.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I hope they don't make Cece redcoat. That's so obvious! Not to mention that she's only been in, like, what, two episodes this season? I heard they find out who redcoat is in the Halloween ep. I really want it to be Aria, that's be huge. Plus, I wish Caleb wasn't leaving. He's the only sensible person on the right now and it would suck to have him go. He (and Spencer) were the ones to give Toby the reality check he so needs. I don't know why, but I thought for a minute Travis might become Hanna's new love interest. He seems nice so far. But considering that he's Wilden's son I don't think it'll happen. And I liked Jake! He's exactly what Aria needs. She seemed happy and it's so much easier for her to be with him. But now Ezra's going to be dragging Aria back into his problems (to be fair, Aria chose to get dragged back in). Jake's right, Ezra needs to let Aria move on. I also don't think it's fair to call Jake boring just because he's the first guy to come on the show without any extreme baggage or problems. He may be the first non-creepy guy on the show.
More+
Flag
Why is Travis Wilden's son? Did I miss something?
Flag
I also wonder this,if I missed something,but I thought he is his brother or something,because they look very similar.
Flag
Sorry, I just jumped to conclusions. He looked liked Wilden and he said "I'm not gonna sell my own father out" so I just assumed. He could've been talking about someone else.
Flag
I didn't exactly catch what Travis said at the beginning when she talked to Hannah at the dance, but what I understood was that his father and Wilden didn't see eye to eye. That's the reason he didn't want to report the shooting of Wilden; he thought his father would get into trouble. In my understanding Travis dad was the guy who stood behind him when Tanner was taking a statement from Travis.
Flag
He said he wouldnt sell his father out as in he wouldnt say anything to the police because there was "bad blood" between the father and Wilden, so he assumed the police would automatically assume that the father killed Wilden. (Because the cops in Rosewood are so smart)
Flag
Didn't sound like a son to me, but definitely a connection there. A deep one.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members