A Pretty Little Liars Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on Freeform

Pretty Little Liars S05E08: "Scream for Me"

Trouble follows, hunts, stalks, tortures, and haunts the Liars, and by now we’ve grown accustomed to the pool of anxiety and paranoia in which the girls constantly swim. We’ve seen them get drugged, spied on, thrashed across rocks, shoved into tables, institutionalized, and massaged by clammy, virginal Lucas-hands. A seems profoundly skilled in hitting the Liars where no one can see the bruises, and we’ve watched them experience just about everything that can possibly happen to teenage girls without them ending up dead or the victim in a Rosewood SVU investigation. And we’ve even seen our fair share of dead ones.

Pretty Little Liars may have desensitized us to hyperbolic high school cruelty. Episodes where A only sends a couple pithy threats and a Radley patient hollars at Aria—we all collectively yawn. Ho hum, we say. No one’s house exploded. No animals dug up a dead body. Aria didn’t kill anyone. Maybe next week we'll see some action. We’re just waiting for something that will turn our stomachs or make us jump out of our seats. We’re waiting to be upset.

Well, "Scream for Me" was a pretty upsetting episode.

Nothing catastrophic happened. Spencer and Emily found some clues about Bethany and Mrs. D after “Big” Rhonda dished about her former roommate ("Aunt Jessie" used to take Bethany on horse-riding trips—in a bribery kind of way). Hanna and Caleb are still drinking the ghosts away. And Ella chose the most self-important maid of honor this side of Dalia Royce.

The upsetting part came not through our usual if shape-shifting Mystery but through the series of betrayals that just seem to happen whenever the Liars are around. Like Zack, Ella’s fiancee, caving to the Pedo Virus that infects every grown man in Rosewood. Everyone with a penis is a suspect, yes, this is true. But there were a few exceptions to the rule. Andrew, horny as he is for the school’s highest-strung occasional-pill-popper, is at least hot for a girl his own age and seems to be miles from either A’s or Mona’s squads. Detective Holbrook, suspiciously absent of late, also seemed to be the polar opposite of his predecessor, aka Detective Badcop McCreepyPants (né Wilden), in that he was friendly, competent, and uncomfortable with the romantic advances of a high schooler.

Zack seemed to be on the same path: a dude that was around to make Ella happy and to be an excuse for Holly Marie Combs to disappear for episodes at a time. There didn’t seem to be any reason to accuse Zack of impropriety or having Ezra Eyes. But then, back in town for just two weeks, he starts to massage the small of Drunk Hanna’s back like it was going to unleash a genie that grants scumbag wishes. Though it’s not surprising (sigh, Rosewood), it was disheartening to watch this character derail so abruptly. And his dogged pursuit of Hanna (jumping unexpectedly into her car when she was eating alone in the rain -- dude) makes it so much worse.

Then everything is ten times more horrible when her friends show how little respect they have for her. You may not be coming on the ride with me that Hanna is good and Ali is the worst, and that’s okay. We’re all entitled to our opinions of how the show is doing with its characters. I wouldn’t want to begrudge you your distaste for how Hanna has been carrying herself lately. She does not seem to be interested in comporting herself in a way that negates her less-than-favorable standing. It seems like most of the scenes she’s in should be soundtracked with “Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett.

Wherever you stand on her self-destruction, her friends handle her coming clean about Zack like piles of garbage. It’s not slut-shaming but it’s feels like it. It starts with Hanna telling the truth to Spencer and Emily, who never think to ask her if she’s okay or why the SOB still has kneecaps. Instead, they think it might all be in her head. Maybe she misinterpreted it. Maybe things didn’t go the way she felt they did or maybe she’s just confused. You know how girls are. They get so turned around about stuff and they’re so sensitive. You get a bit of the drink in you and you suddenly lose any ability to recognize a creepy situation, despite the fact that all the Liars have been engaged in so many creepy situations with older men that it should basically be like Spidey Sense.

After Spencer and Emily leave her high and dry as friends, and she suffers another attempt by Zack to capitalize on the “vibe” he was feeling (I thought that was a weird way to phrase “boner”), Hanna tells Aria about this man-child and Aria leaps immediately to say that Hanna is “the problem.” She’s always the problem. Aria then changes the subject about how Hanna almost blabbed to Emily’s mom the truth about Ali. Then: “What’d you do, Hanna? Did you invite him into your car?”

Obviously, their friend is self-destructing, to a knowable point where they’re talking about it to each other and to her, and yet, there’s no rush to save Hanna. There’s no concern like there was for Spencer (pills) or Emily (pain cream). Just blame-shifting when Hanna comes to them with an actual problem. And despite the fact that the Liars have all started sharing with each other more and have, more or less, stopped keeping secrets from each other, her friends choose not to believe her. She must have misinterpreted things or, worse, if it’s true, she brought it on herself.

It's a betrayal. Meanwhile they’re all supportive of their needier friend Alison. They run to her aid and browbeat each other to make sure she’s as comfortable as possible. Although, from the looks on Emily’s and Spencer’s faces once Ali lets them in on a little secret later, the level of sacrifice made for Ali might not last too long either.

Ali’s still scheming. Never falling for Hanna's evasive techniques when Ali asks to sleep over, she goes right to Ashley with her sob story to stay there. She scores the bath salts Hanna has asked to use "a million times." And, most importantly, she set up a fake break-in to scare Ashley enough to be her pit bull, the first of the Liars' parents to be entirely on Ali's side. Good or bad, because she’s still manipulative or because she’s trying to survive in a world that seems to want to erase her, she’s still plotting with the network that kept her alive when A couldn’t find her and keeping secrets from her friends. That she had Noel Kahn break into the Marin house, lurk in the shadows with a knife, and escape before Ashley could do anything about it, all so one of the parents would stand up and fight for her instead of investigating the plot holes in Alison’s story, is a troubling scenario for a bunch of Liars who thought they were all in this together.

While some might use that as evidence that Ali is still the same conniving terror she was before she went on sabbatical, there’s also plenty of evidence in the episode that she’s also legitimately scarred and that her efforts to manipulate her situation is only because that’s how she knows to protect herself. The show continues to put off fully redeeming Alison by letting her exist in this push-and-pull gray area where she wanders from friend’s house to friend’s house with wet eyes after a harrowing journey while also scheming, manipulating, and puffing up her chest to other local bullies and sceptics.

”Scream with Me” was an episode filled with despicable things and most of them weren’t even from A. Yes, A locked Spencer and Emily in the horse stall, hoping they’d get kicked to death by a spooked equine. But even that just felt like an action beat, a necessary pinch for the audience between the talky-talky betrayals happening all over the place. You may have been bored for most of the season thus far but you have to admit this episode at least tried something different. And what it evoked was truly icky.

NOTES

– All four girls are in choir? Is that a skill these ladies have that I missed? I know PLL was setting the table for the show's recently announced Christmas episode by having them sing holiday hymns, but did all four have to be in the choir? Drunk or not, I just don’t see Hanna having any desire to do that.

– With all due respect to Toby and his new police academy dreams, Tanner is the best cop to walk the corrupt streets of Rosewood. She doesn’t trust Alison—firstly because she’s human, and then also because she's an investigator who understands that what Alison made up doesn’t exactly fit the timeline (detectives are always going on about the timeline). I just wish her partner hadn’t disappeared so that she might have a few more resources to put into figuring out that the DiLaurentis family is MESSED. UP.

– Sydney is the worst operative deployed by either Mona or Jenna. Even Lucas could hold it together for one day to remember the conversations he’d had with the Liars without needing to read a script. “Let me talk about this thing you must’ve seen in New York.” “I told you we never went to New York and you said no one told you we did.” “Um, so this thing in New York that you saw.” “But I just said—” “Error error melting down lips deflate power off.”

– Sydney: “Either you’re an amazing liar or I am a total idiot.” It must be the latter, because Emily is only surpassed in terrible lying by Aria. Her lies are so transparent that she could be telling a three-year old about Santa Claus and the kid would be like, "There's no such thing, is there?" Because she's that unbelievable. Cool that Emily was voted assistant coach, though. Way to go, Em!

The was a crispy cake stuck in Hanna’s hair. Also: I’m pretty sure, at least for me, that it’s always “half-past I’m hungry.” 

– For a patient who was going so Litchfield on Aria, I’m a little disappointed that all she asked for was some Flaming Hot Cheetos and a root beer. Thinking too small, Rhonda. Aria has handled more demanding blackmail requests in her sleep.

– So, I guess E. Lamb is gone. Does that mean he’s going to Army Wives or Vampire Diaries?

– Toby and the police academy. "The cops in this town are either bungling or corrupt. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have someone inside that building who actually cares?" Fair point, but what a weird storyline. Maybe he’ll bring back the doo rag so he can go undercover as Prison Toby. And Spencer’s initial reaction to Toby wanting to join the Rosewood PD: priceless.

– Spencer figured out how to get out of that horse stall like she was MacGyver and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't've had the guts to take a shot from a horse like she did. Life to her is just one big action RPG.

– Your Moment of A: A hoodie in the Hastings house fondles a riding helmet with the Hastings crest (of course the Hastings put a crest on their riding helmets) and knows about a secret compartment in the couch. Is it Melissa? Is it Papa Hastings? Is it Girl with Pink Backpack #1 from the Emily and Spencer walk-and-talk? Who knows? It could literally be anyone!

What did you think of "Scream for Me"?

56 Comments
Comments (56)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
So sydney reminds me of a drag queen-ish liv tyler...that's all i had 2 say...
Flag
You speak the truth.
Flag
I hate how mean they are towards Hanna when she has every reason to dislike having Alison back. Alison is still a bitch, but now she is boring as well. She was actually more fun before she came back to Rosewood.

Emily is the biggest moron of all of them - hate her!
Sydney is also obnoxious.
Flag
sydney is so dumb!
Flag
Always have loved your reviews. Even when i complain or said my "AriA is A Theories" jajaja. And, of course your "Your Moment of A" are always a priceless section

Am I the only one who is surprised about Tanner? She seems so clever to be in Rosewood XD
Flag
I always felt like Hanna was odd woman out. I mean, she was always shown as somewhat less intelligent, her parents were divorced from start, her mother always had job problems, money was a bit tight etc.

This ep just confirmed it. I'll echo what people upthread said, when other liars were in troubles the gang stuck together, now it looks like "pile on Hanna". I mean, everybody made a bad judgement call or two yet they moved beyond that.

Maybe this whole issue comes down to Hanna being least trusting of Alison , one who isn't totally on board with her plans and one who tries to distance herself from her the most.
Flag
Did anyone else feel like the Zack/Hanna storyline is too forced?
Flag
I did. Other than the fact that it was extremely creepy, it just felt awkward in general. I know they were going for a creepy weird vibe but it felt awkward in a forced way.
Flag
"Detective Holcomb, suspiciously absent of late" - Someone isn't taking notice of PLL.... It's Holbrook, not Holcomb hahahahahaha

"You may have been bored for most of the season thus far" - I am definitely not bored. I think the season has been great so far.

When shows like True Detective have talky-talky scenes, they are called masterpieces. when shows like PLL have talky-talky scenes, they are labelled boring.
PLL may not be the most sophisticated show, or well written, but it is entertaining as hell. I actually care about these characters. Talky-talky scenes, shady pedo's or shadowy hooded people are more entertaining than the philosophical mumbo-jumbo Matthew McConaughey mumbled for 8 hours n True detective.

Flag
Staff
Thanks for the heads up about Holcomb/Holbrook. I've fixed it. He's been gone for so long I've already forgotten his name!

As for the "talky-talky" parts, comparing True Detective and Pretty Little Liars isn't a fair comparison. TD (along with shows like The Killing or Mad Men) have styles starting from the pilot that preclude that they will be paced slower, more methodically. TD is a character study first and foremost. From a plot perspective, the case they solved would've been over on Law & Order in a two-episode arc. PLL, on the other hand, is more plot-driven with character development mixed in to provide drama. The meat of their show is more predicated on suspense and cliffhangers. Those have been lacking in Season 5 (especially compared to the "Season of Answers"). I don't think it's a bad thing. It's just a thing and I've notice in some of the comments that some people are bored.
Flag
don't get me wrong, TD is a better written show , but i prefer PLL overall

My point was, character driven shows such as TD tend to get commended for their use of dialogue, and character arcs, but no one seems to comment on how bad their respective mysteries are. Let's be honest, TD went out on a whimper with that sorry excuse of a finale. The latter half of the first season made me realise how bored i was with mystery, the characters (& acting) were my main focus.

But when a mystery show like PLL has a 'talky-talky' episode, it is ripped apart by 'fans' and critics because it is not focusing on the mystery. 5 years into PLL and people are still not familiar with the way this show works. It is full of red herrings and the important episodes tend to be the Premiere, mid-season finale, halloween (and now Christmas) episodes, and the season finale. So why is season 5 any different in the way it is structured? Every episode this season has been 'talky-talky' and that includes the 100th episode (which i personally loved) so what makes "Scream For Me" any different??

I understand people's frustration over the lack of answers, but now i am so used to being screwed over by Marlene that i just watch it for the characters now. (Plus im a big A fan) So seeing an episode like this is fine with me now i am familiar with the structure of a season

I think PLL is still suspenseful and full of many many cliffhangers, that hasn't changed. and to label season 4 as "The Season of Answers" is ridiculous of the producers/ABC family cause it was not. it was like every other season of PLL. The latter half was the best PLL has been since season 2 but i still don't think it provided us with any answers apart from knowing Marlene has no clue how to do this and she continues to lie through her big silicon filled lips.

I love PLL and i am fine with no answers because im used to it, and i think other 'fans' should realise nothing will be answered for a LONG time.

More +
Flag
...ok spencer has always been my favourite liar... but right now... i adore Hanna. I think she is the only one now questioning the whole situation with ali... ali..she is manipulating everyone. I dont understand how the others dont see it! I wish she never returned to rosewood... when aria/spencer or emily had problems.. they sticked together. What about hanna?? i have to say I wanted to slap aria... for being so mean to hanna
Flag
I officially hate Aria more than I already have. Since when does she even care about A and the mystery? Oh right, because she's not with Ezra anymore.Where did her anger even come from? I love Hanna, love her new look, she seems more herself than ever. But I hope they don't drag this whole drinking thing out too long. For her and Caleb, I miss when they used to be good for each other.
Flag
Same, I love this Hanna more than the girly, heels Hanna. I still liked that Hanna but I agree that she feels more like herself like this.
Flag
What bothers me the most.....How everything is in driving distance of Rosewood. Rosewood is a suburb of Philly. Lewisburg is three hours away on a good day. They did an episode where Hannah drove to York one evening. Again, three hours a way. Same episode Hannah kept a gun and buried it. Bucks county is along the Deleware river so why not pitch the gun it? Of all the stupid shite that takes place on the show, why can't they at least get those little details correct?

Also, how do the pretty little idiots not realize that Sydney is a cop?
Flag
Same, I get really annoyed when the girls just drive off to Philly every day after school. I don't care if its only 30-45 minutes away, there's no way they can just go off to another city every day and their parents never find out. -__- so unrealistic
Flag
Why do you think Sydney is a cop?
Flag
Staff
"Caleb, why are you drinking so much?"
"It's complicated."
"But, Caleb. That's a lot of whisky."
"Because it's a lot complicated."
"Also, I mean, I sort of dig it, but the haircut and the mustache make you look like a pirate."
"A complicated pirate."
Flag
Staff
"Is that what happened in Ravenswood? Did you turn into a pirate?"
"Aye. I can finally tell ye now. The whole town is on the deck of a ghost ship."

Hanna suddenly realizes that, ever since Caleb got back into town, when he stands still, he only stands in a Captain Morgan pose.

"Okay, that makes sense."
"Yar."
"So now you try to drink it away pain away with whisky."
"I'm all out of rum."
Flag
Damn does everyone hate Hannah?? Why in the world nobody is helping her or even trying.. they are just like "Poor drunk Hannah, screw her" , I wanted to hug Hannah this episode so bad and not to rub her back in a creepy way.

I LOL everytime that this show makes a random character either A or a pedo LOL.

I'm curious wouldn't Toby need a High School Diploma to become a cop? because as far as I know he dropped out of high school.
Flag
He got his GED, he didn't drop out.
Flag
I'm only "hate-watching" this show anymore & the way they use the "Plot Device Parents" (trademarked, all rights reserved) makes this show just that much more ludicrous.
Flag
Staff
The Plot Device Parents™ have become more and more apparent lately. You know when a parent deigns to be in town with their children, something terrible is about to go down in that household. The exception being maybe with Ashley since she seems to be around more often than most. That wine isn't going to drink itself.
Flag
Nice job with the TM symbol. I heretofore grant you full rights to use "The Plot Device Parents" in perpetuity. :)
Flag
awesome episode, awesome show nuff said
Flag
How in the world did Toby get approved to be in the police academy? Does he even have a GED? and even though he technically didn't blind Jenna, he still has a criminal record from it, which would prevent them from allowing him into any police force, negating the whole point of him joining the academy. That whole plot reeks of bad fanfiction to get toby as a protector character.
Flag
He got his GED and I think you can get your juvi records sealed.
Flag
Misdemeanor convictions, especially if they are more than five years old, do not typically disqualify someone from becoming a police officer. Should the person receive a misdemeanor conviction while employed as a law enforcement officer, he or she may not be terminated depending upon the severity of the offense or if it was committed while the person was acting in his or her capacity as a police officer. so Toby can join the force
Flag
What bothered me more was the assumption he would get a job in Rosewood. Also, I'm from Pa and have friends that are police. You don't go Harrisburg to be a town cop. There is no police academy there. This is just another way to get rid of Toby for awhile.
Flag
There actually is a police academy in Harrisburg at HACC (Harrisburg Area Community College). I had a professor in college that taught some classes there.
Flag
good point on the assumption on getting a job in Rosewood, but Rosewood is fictional, so if they want an fictional Police Academy in Harrisburg just go with it!! but I just google it and their is A State Police Academy in Hershey which is pretty close to Harrisburg and you are probably right on giving Keegan Allen some time off!!
Flag
Now is a good point for the girls not to trust Alison at all and maybe help out A to get Ali so they can live happily ever after.

Faking a Break-In? She went way too far with that.
Flag
*Of all the people to call Hanna "the problem" it just happened to be Aria!?!? What's that saying about throwing stones in a glass house...
*And since when has Emily been so quick to give up on Hanna?
*Toby is a great candidate for Rosewood PD. He's just about dumb enough that he'll fit their criteria perfectly make Detective in time for the Season 7 finale. I mean, you all know what Spencer was really thinking, right? "Did my dumb, should be blond, trophy boyfriend really just say he wants to be a police officer?" Whereas Mona... now there is a prime candidate for law enforcement!
Flag
This episode kept losing my attention and this whole Hanna/Zack thing made me kept thinking I was missing something. And then Hanna's own behavior that we saw was weird (what was pressing up against the window like you are four, Caleb would probably drive you to a McDonald's) and then she was acting all odd at Caleb's and then reported she had slept in his car. Which made me wonder did any of that happen after she downed half a bottle of whiskey or did she just pass out with her face against the window, Caleb tried to move her but couldn't, her skirt was riding up, so he pulled it down and left her to sleep in the car. And that there was a conversation where she said she wanted to go home and he said he couldn't drive that far. That then makes the second incident different, like he spotted her drinking and was concerned. It was just so random and, I'm sorry, but Hanna is kind of becoming an unreliable narrator. I didn't like how the girls reacted, but it is sort of random and out of the blue. And wouldn't Emily have noticed some creepy vibes in the like year she's worked for him? While its no secret she's a lesbian, its not really open information either.

Oh, but Emily, I'm really starting to find you really annoying.
More+
Flag
The sad thing about this episode is that eventually Allison's stunt about A scaring Hannah's mum might turn real and it will break their friendship.
Flag
Break Hanna and Ali's friendship? I think that's wayy broken by now.
Flag
lolzzz true that but it will find its way in to Spencer's too and BOOM there goes their friendship the 3 people with much say in their relationship is Ali,SPENCER and Hannah but Aria and Emily are just i dunno cool headed i guess,and if am right if this 3 clashes the other 2 can't hold the center for long.
Flag
"This is so messed up. You're the problem, Hanna. You're ALWAYS the problem!" ..... Uhm..... seriously, Aria?!?! Goddammit, girl, Hanna didn't choose thug life, thug life chose her! And any of you Liars!

Let's see, Aria had trouble with her boyfriend being a stalker, but the girls stuck together. Emily had an alcohol problem, but the girls stuck together. Spencer had a serious pill-issue and was in Radley, BUT THE GIRLS STUCK TOGETHER! And now shit's going down on Hanna and... where is everybody?!
We already know that parenting-failing is a plague in Rosewood, so I'm not even confused about Ashley Marin not noticing anything about her own daughter. But Emily is just mad at Hanna, Aria is blaming her, Alison only cares about Alison right now, Caleb seems to be awfully fine about supplying his girlfriend with alcohol (usually I'm a Haleb shipper, but Caleb doesn't seem healthy for Hanna right now) and Spencer doesn't have to say more than "we're a little bit concerned"... Yeah, great friends. -.- I always felt like Hanna was the less judgemental in the group, but gets judged the most now...
If I would be Aria I would probably be mad at her, too, when it comes to accusations like "your future step father hit on me"! But Hanna is a blabber, and not that kind of liar....

I appreciate that Ms Marin wants to take care of Alison (even though she seems to forget about her own daughter), but this girl hides at night in a closet to sleep! She was officially kidnapped and seems to struggle with heavy mental issues... Why isn't she in therapy by now?! Did I miss something? Did they say on the show that she doesn't want to go to a therapist?

And why, WHYYY did PLL turn Ella's boo into a creepy dude?!?!
More+
Flag
To sum it up, this episode had me like

Flag
I think zach sexually harrassing hanna in the scariest thing thats ever happened on this show, and im a little upset that he turned out to be yet another male creep in rosewood cause I actually really liked him. Also Aria gets an award for Worst Friend Ever this week for slut-shaming the victim, it was even worse than Ali hiring someone to scare the shit out of hannas mum with a knife. I hope theyre all done being her friend after that most recent revelation. I would be, I seriously dont care what shes been through, that was just too far.
Flag
IMO the sexual harassment wasn't THE scariest thing ever on this show, but definitely one of the most scariest things! Why, just WHY did they have to make a creep out of Zack?!?! He started as such a nice pastry cook! It's like a Rosewood virus that everyone has to turn into a weirdo... Brace yourself, Pastor Ted will be next!
Flag
Omg. I forgot about pastor Ted?! Just imagine... Poor Ms Marin...
But hey, look on the bright side: maybe pastor Ted will try and hit on Alison, which will make her run screaming for the hills and out of the Marin house. And that, ladies & gentlemen, is how Hanna can finally get Ali out of her life for good. I'm against creeps of all kinds and this show has a plethora of them, but my goodness, I believe Ali is the worst of them all!
Flag
poor hannah :( i hate how alison can control these girls without them even realising it especially emily !
and caleb ? WTH we miss old caleb !! the one who takes care of hannah not keeping her drunk :S caleb changed so much after ravenswood i dont know if hes good for her now , probably not .

Flag
Can't PLL just let anyone be happy, even a random side character like Aria's mom? I mean seriously who hits on a drunk teenage girl at your own place of business days before your engagement party, especially when the girl is besties with your fiancee's daughter? That was such an abrupt uturn for that character and now I just want them to break up already so we don't have to have this dragged out for the next ten episodes.
Flag
Yeah it seemed so forced and it doesn't make sense cause he was never a creep before.
Flag
Exactly! He was such a nice character in the past, it seemed really fake and unnescarry
Flag
Wow I can't spell.. unnecessary
Flag
I think there might be something really shady still going on with Toby, he knows a lot more than he is saying, I mean come on, he was working with one the As ! How could he not know anything more ?
Flag
I think it is a sad reality in which the friends who've been with Hanna through thick and thin for 4 seasons already - I have no clue how many years that is on the show, PLL's timeline is a bit on the fuzzy side - do not have her back now. Yes, she's going through stuff. Yes, she's drinking too much because of it instead of dealing with it. But unless she's been an alcoholic for 20 odd years and there's no way in hell she could ever redeem herself, girl's only just begun falling off the deep end and that's when friends can still have a major impact in softening the blow. So where the hell are they???

When Spencer was all hopped up on meds, did our liars abandon her? When Emily didn't have a home, did Hanna open up her house to her? When Aria found out about Ezra's betrayal, did anyone blame her for anything? My goodness, a few episodes of Hanna drinking just a tad too much and suddenly "she's always the problem". It's f*cking ridiculous.

Oh, and am I the only one who was completely disturbed by the fact that Alison went behind Hanna's back to be able to stay in her house? I may not be American or have even set foot on American soil, but I'm pretty sure it's never a good idea - whatever culture you may be from - to ask for something so invasive as staying over and then not waiting for permission. Hanna's been giving Ali the cold shoulder for a while now and then Ali thinks it's a good friendly move to do something so sneaky like that? Nevermind the freakish Noel Kahn incident - seriously, girl is crazy... : pushing your so-called friends who are already having a hard time - which is partly your doing - is just plain despicable. And if that didn't sink in, I'll say it again, spell it even: D-E-S-P-I-C-A-B-L-E. And goddamn sneaky in the most icky way! Urgh. I'll be team A just to get rid of Alison for good. That's how annoyed I am at her backstabbing and downright creepy behavior.
More+
Flag
I know! That is exactly what I have been thinking. Alison that is NOT OK. But then I actually get the feeling the viewers are supposed to hate her. She is sneaky and rude and a complete bitch. I would not be surprised if she was A in the long run.
Flag
I don't think she is A - she loved her bitchy life to begin with, so she would've never voluntarily left it. She also seems genuinely scared and desperate enough to resort to some very creepy behavior. But I'm seriously wondering what the writers are trying to accomplish by basically obliterating our sympathy for Ali... What's the end goal here?
Flag
Right but she might be the person that 'took over' from Mona. Either way, she is unsympathetic and unlikeable as far as I can see.
Flag
Hanna's having issues ya some of it is her fault because she needs to stand up to alison but her friends (Aria, Spencer and Emily) are making things worse when they should be helping her. After everything they've been through I wished we would see the four of them or at least Hanna, Aria and Spencer sick together. Whether Alison is A- or not she is bad for them.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members