A Pretty Little Liars Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on Freeform

Hot on the heels of the news that Freeform (lol Freeform) has ordered a Marvel series aimed at the young adult crowd, the network has also announced premiere dates for several of its new and returning shows. 

RETURNING SERIES

Non-scripted series Monica the Medium will kick things off with all-new episodes on Monday, April 25 at 10pm. Representing the network's scripted fare this summer will be comedies Young & Hungry and Baby Daddy, which return for new seasons on Wednesday, June 1 at 8pm and 8:30pm, respectively. The Fosters, which recently wrapped up a messy third season, is back for Season 4 on Monday, June 20 at 8pm and will pick up immediately after the events of the finale which saw Mariana's boyfriend bring a gun to school. Meanwhile, network staple Pretty Little Liars will debut its seventh and possibly final season on Tuesday, June 21 at 8pm.

NEW SERIES

New drama Guilt, which will be paired with The Fosters on Mondays, is centered around an American student in London whose roommate is murdered, and the mystery that unfolds in the aftermath. The series premieres Monday, June 13 at 9pm, and much to Shawn Spencer's delight, stars Billy Zane, as well as Emily Tremaine, Daisy Head, Cristian Solimeno, Naomi Ryan, Kevin Ryan, Zachary Fall, Simona Brown, and Sam Cassidy.

Following Pretty Little Liars this summer will be new drama Dead of Summer. Debuting Tuesday, June 28 at 9pm, the late-'80s-set series comes from executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis (Once Upon a Time). Set at the idyllic Midwestern Camp Stillwater, Dead of Summer stars Elizabeth Mitchell, Elizabeth Lail, and Zelda Williams, and of course things go badly at the summer camp because when has anything good ever come from summer camp?

Freeform's (lol Freeform) final new series of the summer is Cheer Squad, not to be confused with Cheerleader Death Squad, the greatest series we never got because The CW hates us all. Cheer Squad follows two-time World Cheerleading Champions the Great White Sharks as they work to defend their title and probably do other stuff as well. It will air nightly as part of a two-week event starting Monday, August 22 at 10pm.

COMING IN 2017

New series coming in 2017 are Beyondabout a young man who wakes up from a 12 year-long coma to discover he has new abilities, and The Letter, which basically asks people if they have the balls to tell their BFFs the hard stuff they need to hear, but like, they do it without saying who they are? Each episode will feature folks who write anonymous letters to their friends to tell them their honest opinion of what those people need to change about themselves to be a better person. For one week, that person will then have to follow the instructions in the letter. A big reveal will follow. Uh, this basically just sounds like that time I told someone all the shit that was wrong with her and explained that her decision-making skills were non-existent. I don't have to tell you we're not friends anymore. So like, this seems like a bad idea? But also, can't people just go on the internet to hear all the bad shit being said about them?

Anyway, also in 2017, look for Season 2 of the supernatural series Shadowhunters and the final season of Switched at Birthwhich will go out with a special 90–minute series finale. 

Here's Freeform's summer schedule in a nice, easy-to-read format:

MONDAY, APRIL 25

10-11pm: Monica the Medium

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1

8-8:30pm: Young & Hungry (Season 3B premiere)

8:30-9pm: Baby Daddy (Season 5B premiere)

MONDAY JUNE 13

9-10pm: Guilt (Series premiere)

MONDAY, JUNE 20

8-9pm: The Fosters (Season 4 premiere)

TUESDAY, JUNE 21

8-9pm: Pretty Little Liars (Season 7 premiere)

TUESDAY, JUNE 28

9-10pm: Dead of Summer (Series premiere)

MONDAY, AUGUST 22

10pm: Cheer Squad (Series premiere)

12 Comments
Comments (12)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I think I might have to check out Dead of Summer. it has Elizabeths Mitchell and Lail and summer camp which I'm a sucker for.
Flag
Any news on when the promo for season 7 of PLL will be available???
Flag
Shadowhunters got a second season?

How... How did that happen? Did people continue to watch the show? It was so bad. So very bad.
Flag
am i reading that right, that the final season of Switched at Birth will not air until 2017??
Flag
lol Freeform
Flag
"The Letter, which basically asks people if they have the balls to tell their BFFs the hard stuff they need to hear, but like, they do it without saying who they are? Each episode will feature folks who write anonymous letters to their friends to tell them their honest opinion of what those people need to change about themselves to be a better person."

Well, that's basically first season of Awkward.
Flag
Haha. That's exactly what I thought when I read the synopsis.

Freeform (lol) can thank MTV for this new series of theirs.
Flag
Obviously this is the cycle for the superheroes, zombies and vampires along with the endless ridiculous reality shows. The 90's were your procedural dramas a la Law and Order on to the CSI and NCIS shows. As an aging baby boomer, flower child from the 60's (lol) I've already seen all these shows in one form or another. I think if we recycle back to the 60's that would put the westerns back as king of the tv networks. Maverick was always my favorite followed by Bonanza but wait we can watch all those on the extra 100 channels on your provider.
Come up with something new that doesn't insult our intelligence.
Flag
Nothing here of interest other than perhaps the new busty Marvel series.
Flag
i have seen and hear of some stupid shows in my time but the letter may take the title of dumbest. why dont they just call it "destroying friendships". what kind of friend signs up for this first of all. second..who in the hell is going to be okay with having their friend do this to them?. not many friendships would sruvive one friend telling the other one everything thats wrong with them in private , let alone on tv
Flag
Follow this Show
Members