A Pretty Little Liars Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on Freeform

Pretty Little Liars S04E10: "The Mirror Has Three Faces"

Okay, so that really does make Veronica the worst lawyer, right?

No one's saying she's the worst mom on the show, protecting her cubs like that, but letting it get the better of her professionalism and threatening the case by threatening Mona was an egregious lapse in judgement. That it was Wren who ratted her out is irrelevant: She delivered a sternly worded if slightly goofy ("You'll rot in this cell until your hair turns gray!") provocation to a renowned manipulator and an expert fabricator. Dear everyone, stop trying to mess with Mona.

Now, that being said, I'm not sure if there were any outliers regarding whether or not Wren is a bad guy but—Wren is a bad guy. If not because of his pedo overtones with Spencer and Hanna or because he's constantly putting his medical license in the balance by helping people in and out of Radley, then definitely because of his chit-chat about the Liars being problems and setting up Not Rish. To any remaining Wrencer or Wrehanna 'shippers out there, the backpedaling can start now.

But I can't imagine there are any of you left. Wren has been establishing himself as a baddie for a good while now and, combined with the frequent sightings of Red Coat just over the Liars' shoulders, the villains are coming home to roost. It's only a matter of time before we see Cece and Bruce the Watermelon Baby again. Who is taking care of the boutique while she's away?

It's obvious that we're mounting to the summer finale, which is now only a couple weeks away, and the "bombshells" the promos keep promising have to drop at some point. "The Mirror Has Three Faces" kept with the theme of this season being more plodding than PLL's commercials have advertised, but the episode went to extra lengths to ensure the hammer was pulled back just a little further so that it's now precariously sitting on the edge of firing the answers.

We learned only a few things in this episode, but they'll all contribute the some sort of impending confrontation. Wren is so dastardly that Mona accused him of being a flip-flopper, presumably because gentlemen prefer coquettish, underage blondes (or people who look like coquettish, underage blondes). Ali and Cece used to intentionally torture their parents as much as Emily accidentally does. And Red Coat is living like a rat in a crawlspace.

Well, we don't know if Red Coat is actually sleeping there, but the holes (from our Moment of A while back) and the trash seem to indicate that she likes to spy on Mrs. D for decent lengths of time. It's a good thing Jessica seems like a "strictly pants" kind of woman. Though Emily found a tease (nice juke, ABCFamily, using Emily's fear of a stuffed dog in the dark as indication that she'd find doom in the basement) and some holes, she doesn't know what to do with the information. Or at least she doesn't seem to. It's hard to tell, when she constantly looks like she's trying to divide 232 by 13.

And yet they continue to use her as bait. It's been painfully obvious lately that Emily's largest contribution to the clique is to serve as the bait that allows for entrapment and further investigation. Her birthday being used as a trap for Shana and Jenna (and for getting Jenna almost soggily murdered), and now her homelessness being used to dig into the life of a emotionally scarred and near-disturbed mother struggling with the loss of her daughter, mean that Spencer, Aria, and now Hanna really just want Emily to add a sense of innocence to their intense scheming. At some point, Emily has to get fed up with this and shout, "Stop it! I'm not bait! I just want to swim!"

But not even that would stop Spencer. Still the only one who's doing any substantive digging and clue-assembling (other than Caleb), her experience pretending to be Toby's mom (so creepy) led to the biggest break in the of the episode: Alison and Cece used to hang out together. A lot. Not just in South Carolina/Georgia. Not just summertime friends when they spent a couple of "intense" weeks. Like, they were plotting, devious besties. Combine that with the clues Aria stumbles on in Philadelphia (Cece thinks the Liars are she-devils) and we're starting to get a clearer picture of the toxic relationship that launched a thousand texts, how it could escalate so quickly, and the clandestine rift that could cause so much trouble for everyone in Rosewood.

And here's where we come back to the conversation of whether the Season of Answers has lived up to the billing. While I don't think anything in this episode could really be considered a bombshell, the mysterious picture of the real story is ever so subtly clearing up. The problem is that the network is billing each episode as Amiens when we really haven't even had an archduke assassinated yet. We're looking forward to World War A because ABC Family is hyping the bajesus out of it but we still have to get through the political build-up to war before anything can be declared.

You might feel like the A Team and the Liars have been fighting skirmishes for three seasons in a continuing war with their bullies but we're getting to a boiling-over point with the blanket of villains in Rosewood getting thicker and the Liars getting closer to Red Coat and A. The summer finale should make everyone a little more satisfied. Well, here's hoping anyway.

NOTES

– Jake better be straight-up evil or Aria's storyline is the GD worst.

– Speaking of Jake, what is up with people delivering their lines all weird lately? From Jenna's "point" last week to Jake and his "alt-er-boy" (why are you whispering?) and then Ezra's tirade at Maggie seemed to have a few choice inflections. Is this some new meta Mona Code? Should I be writing these down?

– Spencer: "News flash: None of us are graduating." I'm glad someone is addressing the fact that no one seems to be doing their homework or going to class. Tim Riggins on Friday Night Lights had a lower truancy rate than these girls.

– Caleb: "It can't get any worse." Pretty Little Liars, every once in a while, addresses the basic tenet of how this cycle of terrorism and counter-terrorist rebellion continues, and it's squarely on the fact that the girls feel like the first rule of being bullied by A is that you don't talk about A. The stakes have been raised as of late, and they've had to be, since any of the Liars walking into the police station to show off some texts, the notes, everything, would clear so much up, especially considering that they have a record of someone in town being able to do these very bad things. But, because the A Team seems to be deeply entrenched in the infrastructure of Rosewood and is capable of social-engineering everything else, Hanna is justified in thinking she can't go to the authorities. 

– There's no Moment of A for this episode. Just Emily discovering the world's worst glory holes and Wren coloring.

UPDATE: Of course, there was a Moment of A. How could I forget the rubble of the Fields house (so is no one going to fix that or ... ) and A tossing the incriminating Manolo into the trash heap. For what purpose? To pin it on Ma Fields? Emily? ... Wayne? OMG, is A trying to out Wayne Fields as Wilden's murderer and someone that just wants to look sassy on his non-colonel time?

What'd you think of "The Mirror Has Three Faces"?

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/2/2016

Season 7 : Episode 6

88 Comments
Comments (88)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Wow what a episode...! Lot of are revealed...
Wren the bad guy...what the hell is that all about???? He is far too cute to be the bad guy.....
Poor Ezra...i would have slapped her right in the face...how could she do something like that....?? The bitch! Poor Ezra...:(:(
I am getting a bit tired of the storyline between Spencer and Toby
finding out the truth about his mother...sorry but who cares...find out who the hell A is...far more important...he is driving Spencer away from the group...
Ok, guys...I really believe that Mona should get a award for her role! She is awesome...everything she does, is simply awesome..just love her...she is so twisted...so cool...
Aria looked fabulous while she was in philly...
Ok, what did thought when he called Aria...that she would come running back to him...don't they have the school issue, where they have to pretend not having a relationship before...stupid...
I loved when Spencer played the piano and the way she played along...very cool...:)
Nice episode...
Flag
I really wanted to comment on the episode but after reading (once again) all the negative comments about Ezra, there's only a few things I can say...
In modern usage, the word puritan is often used to describe someone who is strict in matters of sexual morality, disapproves of recreation, and wishes to impose these beliefs on others.
AND...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_disparity_in_sexual_relationships

Flag
Thank god someone finally said something about the on going topic of Ezra being a Pedo... Hello... statistics shows a married couple are more likely to stay together if the husband is 10 years older than the wife ... In that case so what if they meet when she is in her late teens ..... There is a real connection between Ezra and Aria and he never pushed her into anything she wasnt ready for... Come on ... He waited a long time before they went all the way... I think they will be back together again real soon...At least i hope so ....
Flag
Staff
I see your point. But I'm curious: does it say anything in those statistics about the success rate of older men scamming on sixteen-year olds? Or the ickiness of a teacher getting down with a student? I'm not sure if ickiness is quantifiable (I'm not a scientist).
Flag
Ezra wasnt scamming... he fell in love with her before he knew what age she was and he meet her in a bar where she wasnt supposed to be ! My point is ... love happens and age should have nothing to do with it... Sure its creepy if a 30 year old guy scams for underagede girls and tries to hit a homerun within hours .... But we know thats not the case. He didnt know her age and that that she was still in high school. He fell in love with her for who she was not because she is young and easy to hook up with. Sure its icky Teacher/ student (i dont crap where i eat either) but being in love can really make all of us do really dumb things...
Flag
Staff
And this is where I feel we reach an impasse. While I'm willing to concede that they eventually fell in love, I was never convinced their bathroom makeout session was anything more than that. The realization that she was a student and all of 16 should have flipped a switch. Instead, at best he let it continue and at worst he pursued Aria, knowing full well that he was following in the footsteps of Mary Kay Letourneau, although just barely more legal (because Aria had just turned the legal age of consent). It shows some level of disturbing behavior on his part.

Now, that being said, I can see the repetition of the same joke in every review may be getting tired. But I maintain that Ezra will always have this as a blight on his character, no matter how many "good guy" moves he makes.
Flag
This post is 2 days old and I don't know if other people had mentioned this somewhere, but is the Cece&Alison storyline the show's take on the book's twin storyline?... and since this new 'A' likes to give 'kisses', is she definitely a girl?.... other than blinding Jenna, what could possibly be the reason anyone would want to harm the liars? I really hope there's a darker, more 'evil' secret going on for something as elaborate as the 'A' team to exist... and then there's red coat... hopefully it's not another crazy-girl-revenge cycle~ it's like Mona all over again...love her BTW
Flag
Yes, I believe so, it's the show's take on the book's twin storyline imo. I don't know if it's been confirmed by the writers or not. I also believe that Alison is alive. Remember when they showed her buried, and there was a hand that helped her get out. She couldn't have died that night. So, I'm thinking, someone else died. Alison's mom said she only recognized the shirt the dead/buried girl was wearing (someone who might have barrowed Alison's shirt). I think it was a small hint, also there was a hint by A about how "Medical Records don't lie".

Again, It's one of my crazy theories, but there's a high probability that Alison is indeed alive.

Also, I believe Red Coat is Aria (who's suffering from a dissociative identity disorder), or perhaps someone else completely unexpected like Melissa or even Shauna. There's zero chance Red Coat is CeCe, she's only a red herring.

I wish the show would get darker as well, but this is ABCfamily, there's no chance of that ever happening,
Flag
I'm with Caleb...he seems to be the only one with some sense, nothing can get any worse so why don't they speak up...or just leave town...i'm tired of this...
Flag
Is it just me ore are they dragging this out forever. Its not even that thrilling anymore. Even when Redcoat snug behind Hannah i was like okay there goes little red ridinghood again... If there is not going to be a confrontation i am not going to be all to worked up over it....
How ever i have a strong suspicion that Aria is Allisons murderer. The whole A thing is probably CC and her gang of friends trying to flush out the killer. Remember spencers sister saying " Everytning i have done i have done to protect you.." Allisons brother Jason was pretty much stalking Aria and taking her pictures and they tried to kill her in the Halloween train. I dont think she is A but she is hidding some big secret and it cant be good....
Flag
I've suspected Wren for a while. Not strongly, but he keeps turning up and has connections that are too convenient. Shana, meanwhile, seems like a red herring (who knows more than she lets on), and I've never suspected Ezra (too much of his life is an open book, plotwise).

Also, it's "backpedaling," like on a bicycle.
Flag
Staff
Ugh. Thank you for the "backpedaling" thing. It's been fixed.
Flag
every episode should have wren,he doesnt even need to be part of the plot . you know he can be like just hanging and drinking cofee
Flag
ha-ha. you are so right! he is awesome.

although, I must say, I miss Melissa/Jason and Jenna as much as I've missed Wren.
Flag
Pretty Little Liars is pretty much jerking us around this season. I think the writers themselves don’t know what's going on. And at this point to think the writers have any semblance of a coherent plan is pure lunacy.

Take for example the Toby story-line. I've been struggling for weeks now to understand why it's even there. I can’t for the life of me figure out what it has to do with the main Liars story, if anything at all. Whenever it starts up I feel like I’m watching a different show, it’s so divorced from the other story-lines.

Also Caleb was the only person making any sense in regard to this whole situation with his plea to Hanna to go to the cops and tell them about A. But of course since this is PLL any common sense and logical thinking is shot down immediately. Since Caleb is the only one who not only realizes what a mess this situation is and the danger they're all in but what their only real move toward a solution is of course he's being shipped off to Ravenswood and leaving the show.

The "revelation" that Malcolm is not Ezra's son makes me wonder what the hell that entire plot was for. Just to break up him and Aria? Seriously? To put her with Jake? Because the Aria Jake story-line was one the fans were really clamoring for right PLL writers.

"...Wren is a bad guy. If not because of his pedo overtones with Spencer and Hanna..."

I see Wren was hit with some pedo shrapnel this week. Well at least you laid off of Ezra but I see the pedo "joke" quota must be filled.

I'll keep saying it, unless it's revealed that these girls were running a drug cartel a la Breaking Bad before Alison's death I still don't see what they could have done to deserve such intricate and sweeping revenge. Which I contend is still the main question that every "reveal" we've been given on this show is just cheap window dressing to. Unfortunately I've long resigned myself to never getting the answer.

Pretty Little Liars continues to sink deeper into it’s own convoluted mythology and endless line of questions with no answers on the horizon.
More+
Flag
Staff
The Toby storyline is completely uninteresting to me. It's only real importance to the story is that it gave Toby a reason to surrender the Hatemobile to A and it provides a secret that could potentially make Spencer have to choose between Toby or her friends. Obviously, with the mysterious "blonde" that was visiting Toby's mom, it's going to eventually fold back into the A storyline but it's taking SO LONG to get there. The throughline isn't interesting enough to keep my attention while it plods along.

"pedo shrapnel" -- I like that phrasing.
Flag
Hear hear!!! Every time I watch a new episode I end up just listening to the TV and doing stuff on my computer or in the kitchen instead...
P.S. Someone has definitely got to be the pedo here... haven't you realised that yet? Oh, please... For ^%#$@ sake!!! (Pardon my french) Puritanism at its best!
Flag
Staff
To be fair, the town does seem to be populated by older men that are looking to imprint on high-schoolers. For instance, Wren is a doctor, who went through undergraduate, medical school, and residency. One would assume he'd like to date peers but he'd rather flirt with the Liars, who fall into that "not a girl, not yet a woman" phase of their lives.

Complicating matters is a constant theme of being spied upon, from "peeping tom" camera angles to the plotline of the NAT club spying on the Alison and her friends with a video camera. The omnipresence of A even in the Liars' most private moments and the suspicious nature of so many of the men roaming the city (many of the either suspects in a crime, associated with questionable elements, or running from a history with young girls and blackmail) contribute to an overall theme that "Everyone with a Penis is a Suspect" -- or, better still, "Everyone with a Penis is Suspect."

It has nothing to do with Puritanism or any kind of sexual politics. It has everything to do with the show and its presentation of these relationships combined with an objective knowledge that the town's authority figures (teachers, doctors, police officers) should not be involving themselves in sexual behavior with questionable legal standing. A teacher dating a student is not okay and should register that character as disturbed in some way.
More +
Flag
The writers have all but confirmed they don't know what's going on. After last season's finale I. Marlene King's response to whether they had the ending planned for the series was basically "we've thought about it"
Flag
ok I was totally confused last night when Aria went to that apartment address and was talking to CeCes old roommate. Its probably because I have a horrible memory but what frat part where they talking about that got CeCe kicked out of College? And what happened there, I know they said that it was three years ago but besides that I cant remember this party ever being brought up. And was the roommate serious when she said she thought Ali was the type of girl who would push someone down the stairs? Can someone please let me know what all this is about because Ive seen every episode but i can't remember what there talking about
Flag
The party, and the scene where a girl got pushed down the stairs, was shown as a flashback in a previous episode (last season, I think).
Flag
Some years ago when Allison was hanging with CC Drake they went to a frat party with CC´s college friends. Some poor girl got pushed down the stairs and the grusome foursome have suspected all along that Allison had something to do with that....Now it looks like Allison as usual turned the table on CC and let her take the blame ...
Flag
I think you just answered your own question. Why is Emily always bait? She swims the fastest. It has nothing to do with her being the weakest actor/character. >.>
Flag
Once again I love how they are dragging the Ezra story around, thankfully I can fast-forward through his scenes but why bother with such uselessness. Thankfully Aria seems to be growing up not taking his phone call, here's hoping this continues (but I am not holding my breath!)
Flag
I did enjoy this episode, PLL is keeping me (sort of) in the edge of my seat lately! (We're on fire, people!) and the build up to the summer finale IS actually clearing the picture that's been set up for the past four years for once (and this coming from the girl who always complains about that very thing, so A+ PLL -pun intended-)
Not gonna analyze anything but have two things I wanna comment her because they were a first to me: First of all, I sort of felt a little bad for Ezra. I swear to you all. And I even feel like I'm cheating on my not pedo Ezra tshirt design, but honestly felt bad for the guy.
Second scene of Emily Fields in 4 seasons that makes me FEEL. Anything at all for that matter, but that I actually found moving (maybe there was something in my coffee, because I had more feelings in this episode that I have on any given day, aparently) but her scene with Mrs. DiLaurentis was really moving.
Flag
I know! That's exactly how I feel, about Emily (not Ezra, sorry, once a pedo, always a pedo in my book). This entire show, she's had no depth, she goes through experiences, but doesn't seem to actually experience anything herself, everything always seems to pass her by and she never, ever learns anything from the mistakes she maked. No character growth whatsoever. But just, taking some time in her day to sit with Mrs D, that did it for me. She showed compassion. She wasn't behaving selfish. And I very much liked that :-)
So far, this season hasn't shown much - and I really want me some answers! - but we seem to be gearing up now! I'm excited again! =)
Flag
That's exactly what I feel. I'm excited again!
I don't have compassion for Ezra either, he IS still a pedo to me too, but there was something in that scene he was arguing with Maggie about how she let him love that kid that's not his son that was a little bit heartbreaking.
Flag
I agree with you. The writing of that speech was just really good. . . I guess it just seemed like more of a real-life devastating thing to happen, falling in love with your "son" and then discovering he isn't yours. Ezra the pedo is gross, but that was still a sad scene.
Flag
Exactly.
Flag
the photo emily was looking at, will they unfold that later in the series and see who the other arm belongs to? and will it turn out to be alis twin?
Flag
what if the girl in the red coat is Ali's mom? She looks pretty crazy.

Flag
did anyone care bout that kid not being ezra's?

so apparently they're not fixing emily's house? cuz it's been a while since the car crash and as we could see, all the trash is still sitting there on the floor?...
Flag
just for both of those lines
Ali and Cece used to intentionally torture their parents as much as Emily accidentally does.
It's hard to tell, when she constantly looks like she's trying to divide 232 by 13.
Nick Campbell you are my favorite person in the world right now
Flag
I realize, I hate Hannah, but this is just not me hating on Hannah again with no valid reason. I've always said that she's extremely self-centered but her little outburst at Spencer was just the icing on the cake. Why none of the girls call her on it? Seriously, am I losing my mind or something? Is it okay for someone who's supposed to be your BEST FRIEND to treat you constantly like dirt? Why is Hannah allowed to talk to Spencer/Aria and even Emily in such a way? She has been condescending, narcissistic and most of the time she doesn't even care what anyone else thinks (case in point - Emily not being okay staying at Ms. DiLaurentis' house/Caleb telling her to go to the cops). Can one of the girls slap her around, or just tell her straight up that she's the worst human being on this planet? So she can finally stop acting like a spoiled brat? <<<

Sorry, rant about Hannah over. <
Flag
THANK YOU!!!! I understand she's desperate to help her mother but so is everyone else! Running around screaming at people, being demanding and downright mean is not making me sympathize with her character. Spencer should have slapped her for screaming at her like that in her own home. Ugh.
Flag
I thought this episode was pretty interesting actually. Let's look at all the characters again:
1) Emily
She's continuing her streak from last week of not doing anything stupid! Okay, she's not doing anything particularly clever either, but know to pick your battles, right? And I did like her actually making some conversation with Mrs D. When living in someone else's house you used to have a history with and when that person is obviously going through a rough time... Sitting together with a nice cup of tea is a good thing to do. And she actually found a clue! Well, she more or less stumbled upon one. But still, I had wondered where those holes had been drilled a couple of episodes ago. Let's hope Emily will not do something stupid with that information. Seriously guys, fingers crossed!
2) Aria
I thought her storyline felt very together and real for a change. While the liars were walking in the school hall, she was actually smart enough to tell the others to shut up, so as to not get caught. Good thinking. Next, she went on to the girl that was moving and very quickly learned a bit more about Cece. And next, she was the supportive girlfriend to Jake. I mean, her little "A mission" was actually just kinda thrown in, but I liked how she didn't have it change her life just now. Yes, she still wants to figure everything out. But right now, she also wants to be with Jake. And I, for one, support that relationship. Sure, Jake is a bit bland as a character. But I'm just so happy she's together with a normal guy. One quite appropriate for her age. And his abs sure look good, y'know? ^^
Oh, and total bonus points for not answering Ezra's call! Since this season started, I've been counting down the episodes for when Ezra and Aria inevitably would end up back together. But we're at episode 10 now and still no Ezria. I'm pleased as punch!
3) Spencer
Didn't find her actions too interesting this episode. I mean, her playing Toby's mom was kind of okay, but other than that, I feel like her character is really put in the background these past couple episodes. Though it could be that I'm thinking that, because when she gets a storyline, it's often about Toby's mom, and that particular storyline just puts me right to sleep. Yawn! Not interesting, please move on from that. Unless you'll make it exciting, I want that storyline wrapped!
4) Hanna
Why oh why does she keep on insisting that the police would be of no help? I mean, really now? You went through all of this before. Last time, yes, sure, they may have been an element of "this is a story no one will believe". But now, it's happened already. Saying that you're being bullied again, not only would people instantly believe it, but it would explain so much! Please Hanna, let Caleb help you out. He's a good boyfriend and your behaviour will drive him of to freaksville! And I know that's happening anyway, but seeing it happen on screen makes me squeamish.
5) Wren - Mona - Veronica
Wren is evil? And we're supposed to have known this all along? Either I didn't pay attention very well, or I'm a doofus, because before this episode, I honestly didn't know that he was "a bad guy". I mean sure, you've got the Hanna&Spencer-thing. But Ezra's got Aria and he's not "a bad guy" on this show either. Well, in essence he is of course, but the show is trying hard to focus on his good sides. Anyway, I was talking about Wren. And I honestly had no clue that he was this evil. But now apparently, he must be on team A?
As for Mona, I really do wonder what her (A?) game is. Is she on the side of the liars or not? Is she being honest or not? What did she mean by saying those things about Wren? And her not taking her meds, that totally complicates all the thoughts I have about her. To me, she is, hands-down, the coolest character on this show! Team Mona y'all!
Veronica made me think of Emily in this episode: STUPID.
More+
Flag
Wren has had quite a few shady moments throughout the show.

But he really came under scrutiny once his connection to Radley was revealed. When he and Spencer had that talk after she found Mona's stash, that was pretty much confirmation that he was way more involved in this than he was letting on and the good doctor might not have the best intentions.
Flag
Sorry, I don't remember that at all. He's one of those characters that's in the show for a few episodes, and then he vanishes for quite some time. So then I forget stuff like that. But thanks for the update! =)
Flag
Oh it happens to me all the time. There's way too many people on this show to remember it all. I just pay a bit more attention to Wren cause I like his accent. :)
Flag
Actually, we did have a moment of A: tossing the Manolos into the wreckage of Emily's house. I was wondering when those would pop back up.

So I know that I don't really care about the Ezra kid situation (other than it creating an intense desire for The 90s are All That to show some freaking Alex Mack...) but you have to feel for the guy a tiny bit. The situation blows.

So I'm curious as to how exactly Wren is a flip-flopper. Does Melissa's rag-tag bunch of suspicious people factor into that at all? Or is it just a matter of Wren being on the -A team then not being on the -A team? I lean towards him being Board Shorts/Beach Hottie but I worry that's becoming too much of a red herring now. But I really don't think we would spend so much time investing in all these side characters for it to NOT be one of them. It would feel so cheap for it to just have been some random person.

The revelation that Ali and CeCe went back much further than that last summer isn't surprising in the least, but I'm surprised at how deep it was. I would have expected Ali to be rubbing that in the girl's faces for much longer than she did.
More+
Flag
There actually was a Moment of A: Ashley Marin's muddy heels are placed in the wreckage of Emily's house.
Flag
Yup and it would seem this A has it in for Emily
did Emily kill A's dog or something ??? i mean come on A focus a little more on mmmm i don't know FRICKIN ARIA nothing bad ever happens to her
Flag
I'm more and more convinced that Alison is not dead. I think the holes in the basement ceiling were meant to spy on Mrs D, but because somebody cares about her. If Alison is alive, she needs a place to stay and she obviously can't just rent an apartment with the whole town knowing about her "death".
On the other hand, all of these clues seem too obvious.
Flag
Though I kinda wish it really 'was' Alison, it does seem a little too obvious. So now I'm banking on it being Cece. That would actually make a lot of sense, since they so often "wore each other's personalities" that they can, in fact, be each other. So all the clues that can lead to Alison, can also lead to Cece?
Flag
It would be obvious either way if it's Ali or CeCe. Me personally think that Courtney is actually Aria's twin who was adopted by the DiLaurentis when she was a baby. And Aria never knew about her twin. But the DiLaurentises tried to pass off Courtney as Ali's twin instead. And she was sent to Radley. So Courtney is Red Coat
Flag
I think you're using the books to further your theories? I mean, you're welcome to, but for us just following the series... That's not very cool. I mean, it's not fair to call my theory "obvious" and tell me your extremely obscure explanation, because I could have never thought of that one. Literally. Because I haven't read the books.
Maybe my theory is obvious. I'm not disputing that. But right now, in your comment, you're acting a bit superior. Because you have more knowledge than I do. And that's not fair. So I'm calling you out on it. Don't do that. For those of us who haven't read the books, it's not cool to (possibly) spoil plot twists for us.
Flag
Did I miss something about Ali having a twin? This show has me so confused.
Flag
Courtney is a character from the books that has never been mention on the show for which he have no actual proof she exists on this (tv show) world.
Flag
"Stop it! I'm not bait! I just want to swim!"

These jokes are killing me...keep 'em coming.
Flag
This show is so frustrating, and yet I sit and watch every week. Well played, PLL, well played.

Caleb - I don't know what happens to you that they are about to up and move you to 'ravenswood' which btw I mistakenly called ravenclaw last night, but I think it's for the best. You don't really do a whole lot. Though, I read the synopsis for this new show and it sounds pretty terrible. Of course, I'll be watching.

Alex Mack - What happened to your face? Serious question.

Wren - Will you ever hit on a girl who isn't still in high school? I'm on to your games, mate.

Flag
I have to say, I like this show better when I watch one episode every week, than when I watch PLL-marathons. A PPL-marathon gets really old really fast. Whereas this is only one episode each week, always gives me something new to think about... Not bad :-)

And who is Alex Mack?
Flag
Oh. My. God. I knew that actress looked extremely familiar but I had noooo idea! Thanks a bunch!
Flag
Ooo we had a bit of a creepy one this week! Lot's of sneaking around and being "watched". So Mrs D. is clearly off her meds right? Cos she is having some nesting issues, and I don't think she really understood when Emily was like "Hey, I've seen Ali too!!" and she was like "of course you have." Also as soon as she mentioned that the furnace wasn't working I knew that meant an adventure to the basement, where FUN must await them!

To get the boring stuff out of the way, Alex Mack was a raging liar and should probs pay Ezra's wealthy parents back for the hush money. Also I think Ezra is about to lose his shizz and have a full blown mental breakdown, if he's lucky he'll end up in Radley - the world's least secure and unhelpful mental asylum! (And we'll never have to really see him again because his storyline is taking up valuable time when we could be getting confused about other stuff.)
Boring storyline number 2 - Aria and Jake "Jakria" continued being super cheesy with the whole "oh you're mouth is sore? lemme make out with you instead ;)" business. Good for you Aria, staying out of danger. Top stuff.

Sigh. I hate to admit that Wren (it was all about the accent for me) is a backstabbing son of a biatch. I mean, of course he has a penis so we've had our suspicions but man he went from sweet Wren dropping houseplants in Spencer's kitchen to Wren who makes anonymous calls and stirs up shit.

Like getting Rish off the case! What nerve. Poor Ashley will be back in orange, and that is a shame because it totally clashes with her hair =(

I've already forgotten what else happened this week, because too much goes on and my brain can't handle so much confusion in such a short period of time. But my one question is why people still refer to Ali as their friend. Like the girl was a complete bitch, sociopath and potentially a psychopath. As shown by the "flashback", I think they need to do an ep where Ali shows some kind of humanity towards her friends, cos if I were them I'd be grateful someone got rid of her - girl was a menace towards society. Seriously they should focus on getting A off their back and stop figuring out who murdered Alison. No one cares.

Also many heart attack moments this ep while creeping around the DeLaurentis house, spooky moments when Mrs. "call me Jessica" D just pops up and wants to make snacks. Or when Hanna idiotically walks into the open house and plays with a creepy music box when BAM RED COAT (in an Ali mask). Also of course the inevitable trip to the basement happened and yeh the A team has been lounging around the basement and playing peeping tom. Good times. Gooood creepy times.

OH and Mona continues to be awesome.

(also so boring I forgot to mention it. Whatever Toby's storyl-zzzzzzzzz)
More+
Flag
Oh, yes, perfect! Definitely want Ezra to have a major mental breakdown!
Flag
Oh I forgot to mention the sweetest part of the show - Caleb being the worlds best boyfriend! So sweet, he is such a smartie. People should listen to him more. Except Risk has now been taken down - cos she got played. Ah well, have fun in Ravenswood Caleb =(
Flag
So-so episode...for sure better than the rest,but these stupid things with Ezra,Jake and Toby's mom are sooooo boring. I get it,that something with Toby's mom might lead somewhere,but I just don't care about it atm and all the whining. And Emily is sooo f-ing boring and retarded.
Flag
So I get why caleb is moving to ravenswood , since is like the only sensible guy on this show he has to leave because how else the girls will get themselves into trouble and do stupid things , he realized it's kinda of a lost battle.

Also ezra drama …does anyone care at this point first he has a child , then he fights for custody now it's not really his child , is this information really necessary to the show at least with toby's pursuit for the truth about his mother we got to learn something about Alison's past how does ezra story has any relevance to the show or to the girls, it's not like he's with aria anymore so unless ezra will be finally reveled as part of the A team or I don't know kill jake A.K.A dead eyes in a jealous psychotic break, can the writers please spare us from those scenes.

also the makeup artist on this show doesn't do alex mac the older years any justice either they slap her with a lot of makeup that makes her look really old or like this episode just don't use any which makes her look tired and pale , I know you look better than that larisa oleynik.

and I think it's safe to say veronica hastings is probably the worst lawyer , so maybe ashley is better off , I mean when someone confesses to a murder that your client has been accused of you would think your lawyer would try and clear you from those charges but instead you get a house arrestand a million dollar bail, and then you stupidly go and have an off the record talk with a murder suspect in the same case you are trialing even if A wasn't involved did she really think she was going to get away with it, that's even more stupid than hanna trying to bury that gun …O.K well maybe not that stupid but seriously she should know better she's a lawyer at least try to do it in a savvy kinda "Harvey Specter " way .

one last thing radley has a security camera … yes this is why high school girls can apparently break in and out of this place on a regular basis , good one show.

More+
Flag
Yeah, something was definitely wrong with Alex Mack's makeup or something. She usually looks good at her current age, but something really weird was going on this episode!
Flag
"one last thing radley has a security camera … yes this is why high school girls can apparently break in and out of this place on a regular basis , good one show. "

Mona was dressed as a nurse, even if they saw her on the security cameras, how would they have known that she was a patient there?
Flag
so how do you explain spencer and toby breaking in a couple of episodes ago or hanna and aria last season
Flag
I don't think I can, perhaps A/Wren messed with the cameras or stole some of the footage? this is not such a big deal imo. :)
Flag
My emotional response to the family picture is... that poor child
in the air is not happy, he looks terrified.
Flag
My first thought: how did they squeeze that horse into the tiny barn?
Flag
OMG please stop with the Ezra stuff NO ONE REALLY CARES and plus he's so creepy and i hate him
but this episode was really good. more suspects for us in Wren as he begins to be part of the A team
Flag
Yes! I totally agree! Creepy pedophile gets his heart torn out! Serves you right - I have a bit of an 'evil' streak myself like that. Didn't see Wren-as-a-suspect coming, but I like the development. He has now gone from "hot" to "devilishly hot"! (and yes, I'm over 18, so I can say that without it being creepy in any way)
Flag
Just finished watching the show, and I'd like to comment while everything is fresh in my mind!

First, and foremost, the old PLL is back! Yep, ladies and gents, finally we get a good episode! It felt like the show is back on track, and I was fully entertained throughout the whole hour!

- Wren is back! And he is creepier than ever! YAY< :)
- We got an Ali flashback and I couldn't be happier! Sasha Pieterse is so damn beautiful!
- Spencer is back to wearing pet T-shirts! this time she had a puppy t-shirt on! Mixing it up! I like it! <333
- Emiy and Ms DiLaurentis connecting was so amazing! I loved every single one of their scenes together.
- Even Jake and Aria were sort of sweet together!

Theories and such: So, is Wren working with CeCe or new A/Red Coat? What do you guys think? They went out of their way to make him look super shady! I also think that he is totally faking being a nice guy.Is it possible that he is "boy shorts", the guy who Alison had an affair with, the summer before her disappearance?

CeCe is not Red Coat! - I'm 99% sure of this because the show keeps trying to tell us that she is. CeCe is just a red herring. I still have no idea who Red Coat is though. I'm expecting that it might be someone close to the girls? May be even Mona? Is that even possibility? Or one of the four main girls has a split personality? hence the Red Coat and the one actually bullying the rest of the girls. THAT WOULD BE FREAKING AMAZING! <<<< (hehe yes I stil believe in those Aria is A theories) < :)

I'd like to get some input, so any questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome! XD
More+
Flag
I agree that CeCe isn't Red Coat. I think she's involved in some capacity but I don't see her as Red Coat. It would not surprise me to find out one of the girls is involved somehow.

I'm not sure if Wren is boy shorts or not, but I think he's a pretty shady character.
Flag
Well, if that wasn't confirmation that Wren is a bad guy, I don't know what is.
Flag
All I know is that I want a spin-off show, starring Piper, Not Mariska Hargitay, Hannah's mom (although she'll always be Sydney from Melrose Place, to me. The original show that is, not the abomination that unfortunately was), Emily's mom and also Ali's mom. I mean...they have the most dysfunctional kids in town. I do wonder what the sassy ladies do in between the cray cray and the major dramz that goes on in Rosewood. Imgine them having a ladies night at the creepy DiLaurentis house, comparing notes to each other! lol That I would watch. PLL is kind of zzzz at the moment, yes.
Flag
*Imagine

Can we please get a function that gives us the ability to correct our typo errors?
Flag
They addressed this before, basically, they said no cos it'd be too expensive... or something. It sounded like a parent saying no just for the hell of it :(
Flag
God that would be so helpful. I just realised I typed "risk" before instead of "rish". We really need edit buttons!
Flag
Staff
You don't know how many times I've typed a response to a comment and had to remove it because I'm a crap proofreader.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members