A Pretty Little Liars Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on Freeform

Pretty Little Liars S04E23 "Unbridled"

There is a time and a place for in media res. This was not a great example of it.

"Unbridled" opened with the scene from the episode promo: Spencer running through the woods in a wedding dress, chasing a shadow. She fell down. She got all muddy. She found a bear trap (???). And then we jumped back in time to see how we got there.

As a plot device, it signaled that this opening scene would be the climax of the episode, that everything the Liars had done and were about to do would lead to the chase through the trees. Previewing the scene theoretically should've paid off once Pretty Little Liars told the story of how it came to pass. But in the end, "how it came to pass" didn't have much to do with Spencer's decision to shirk her runway duties and get her train caught in what I can only assume was Roadrunner territory, since the woods behind the DiLaurentis house are apparently full of traps typically set by Wile E. Coyote.

But my problem isn't the bear trap. My problem is that all the moments of "Unbridled" didn't point Spencer in the direction of that long-haired shade in the pale moonlight. I mean, yeah, the episode maintained the determinist attitude where everything we do is building to the next thing, but from a narrative perspective, Spencer's sprint through the woods was happenstance. And worse, it ultimately led to nothing more than the discovery that her bodice had bones in it (how did that go unnoticed when she was putting it on?). She thought she was chasing Ali but she wasn't. She didn't even catch anyone. The only information she really ended up with was that Mrs. D handed a bag to someone. For an event that "Unbridled" pushed on us so much, it was weird that whatever the Other Liars Brain Trust was doing was actually a little more satisfying.

It was Emily's turn to be sleuthy this week as she made phone calls and did some investigating via iPad (Emily may be the poorest Liar in Rosewood, what with an ailing father who admittedly doesn't make so much and an absent mother, but she certainly has the funds to get herself that Retina). She and Hanna seemed to reprise their comedy duo role, particularly while searching Ali's room in those dresses. But then they stumbled on a collage that led them to the password to an email account. I was slightly confused as to why they needed to log into an email account in order to send an email to another account; seems like they could've cut out the middle man on that one.

Regardless, the important outcome of "Unbridled" was the phone call from Alison, asking for them to find her so they can talk. All the Liars. It seems odd that Alison is doing such an about-face on meeting with the girls, given that just a few weeks ago, Ali was completely frightened that Spencer was poking around. She was trying to convince Emily that one or some of the Liars couldn't be trusted. And now it's okay for all of them to swing by her secret lair? Sounds like a trap or poor plotsmanship.

The thing is, "Unbridled" completed an unfortunate journey for Emily that started in the first week of Season 4B. Em spent an emotional moment with Paige, working through her feelings about Alison and determining it was time to move on, that the memory that haunted her was no longer a reality, whether Ali was dead or alive. That staunch promise to herself was effectively wrecked within a few weeks, when our favorite blond cherub mastermind paid our gullible friend Emily a visit. Suddenly, Em was deep in Ali's pocket, and she left Paige in the cold.

It's hard for me to agree with the rationality of a young lady who tried to drown someone, but Paige has been pretty right for the last few weeks, and mostly because she's regurgitating what Emily was trying to tell herself. Ali is dangerous, Ali is a liar, Ali is manipulative. From Paige's perspective, dropping an anonymous tip to investigators honestly seems like the best idea any of the Liars has come up with in a while. When Emily got all indignant about basically posting a sign for Ali Hunting Season, Paige countered with what should've been a logical statement: "Let the police protect her." Now, in any other city, in any other time period, that would've been a fine idea. But here in Rosewood, every officer is either corrupt or incompetent, so (1) there's no guarantee that you wouldn't be putting that task in the hands of someone who was actually going after Alison, and (2) you could draw a map directly to Alison's horrifying living accommodations and the Rosewood PD would still end up in Chillicothe, Ohio, trying to find their perp. No, they wouldn't even know they weren't looking for a perp. The Rosewood PD is only a tad smarter than Princess Bubblegum's Banana Guards.

How this (supposedly) ended for Emily was that she chose Alison over Paige. She claimed that she can't trust Paige anymore after that violation, and effectively parted ways. Her pathetic decision to chase the girl who jerked her around for years instead of staying with the girl the who only tried to drown her once is just one item in a litany of PLL's recent ill-fated romances. Aria is recovering from Fitz. Spencer's boyfriend has apparently absconded to England and sent back a letter that hopefully we'll be able to see the contents of in the near future. And Hanna has her man-shaped yo-yo that she's at least slightly into right now.

The girls are at a crossroads in their lives. So much of who they are and what has happened to them is wrapped up in Alison's mystique. Seeing her on her own turf, presumably for a meeting where Alison just sits in a rocking chair and spills about everything, is important for the audience in a narrative way, but it's also important for the Liars to confront the thing that's cursed their lives. Because, despite their individual histories with this master manipulator and the fact that their soul-crushing bully is heavily invested in what Alison does, all of these girls continue to want Alison to come back home.

It doesn't add up. While the cliffhanger of "Unbridled" was that there was someone else present at the secret lair whose identity was left unknown, my real interest is in how this clique is going to a react to being around Alison again. Is it just like old times? Have they changed? Has she changed? Do the Liars actually want Alison to come home? And what version of the truth will they get out of their naturally ambiguous and vague former friend? Sure, supposedly #AliTellsAll next week, but is that enough for the Liars to band together on Ali's behalf?

NOTES

– Interesting thing about the notes Spencer found this week: None of them were signed. The photobooth film with the message "You know me, Spencer. You killed me," didn't have a "Kisses, -A" at the bottom and neither did the message slipped into her bone bodice. Either A's been in a hurry lately or we're dealing with a third author (one who just signs "-A", one who signs "Kisses, -A," and a third who dispenses with the valedictory).

– Welcome back, Jason. We've missed your subtle character around here. Helping Mom with some of her activities? That's cool. Oh, and bye, Dean. I know that you falling asleep on Spencer's butt was (probably) innocent, but Not Rish was not wrong to let you go. Also: Was Dean introduced purely as someone who would know that Jason wasn't at rehab? Seems like an awfully roundabout way to hit that plot point. Maybe it was just so Veronica could hit that line about listening to her husband to "hire the 60-year-old Scottish woman with diaper breath." I'm assuming she wasn't talking about clean diapers.

– I actually respected Travis a lot more when he was playing hard to get at the beginning. Now he's just under Hanna's spell like a confident, manly version of Lucas. Although, now that it looks like they're getting hot and heavy, the return of Caleb in three... two...

– Mrs. D could've had a worse explanation for who A is. If I didn't have omniscient third-person for Spencer, I totally would've believed that. But does that mean Mrs. D has to be so dang creepy all the time? It's like she spent time in Mystic Falls learning the craft. Or The Craft, even.

– Zack not falling asleep until he talks to Ella despite it being 3am where he is. Gah-ross. Y'all are adults. Pull it together.

– Speaking of Ella, welcome back, Ella! It was nice to see some of the Rosewood wives dipping back in to check up on their daughters barely holding on. We were missing the Fields, but they've already put in their time, what with them Spider-Manning up a wall to save Emily and watching cars crash into their living room.

– I like Holbrook lately. Detective Nice Guy was firm yet respectful, telling Mrs. D about exhuming whoever is in Ali's grave and casually reminding the Liars of the spectre of the law that's hanging over them. It's so nice not to have a pedo detective running around town.

– When talking about Spencer during the days of her first drug dalliance and that fateful summer, Veronica used "evil twin" language, a loaded phrase in the Pretty Little Liars universe. Coincidence? Reference to the books? Or is it foreshadowing?

– Must Ali always pick the grossest of places to stay when she's on the run?

– It's really troublesome how Ella tried to frame Aria's break-up with Ezra as being akin to her separation from Byron. Not that Ella the character should know the whole story, but Aria forgetting about Fitz is more than just a starting over/there are more fish in the sea opportunity. The show seemed to frame it like this is some break-up of star-cross'd lovers, but he was a creeper who spied on Aria's every move and manipulated his way into the lives of the Liars. This divorcee relating what is happening under her infrequent watch to this higher-level betrayal makes everything about her seem small and petty.

– Your Moment of A: Hoodie finds CeCe Drake at the Red Finch Inn and calls the Rosewood PD to report it. Seriously, what are those jerks doing all day? I know I just said I like Holbrook but he's basically a rotting extension of a dead body. Also: A like butterscotches. Have we considered that A is that 60-year-old Scottish woman with the diaper breath?

What'd you think of "Unbridled"?

Next Episode

TONIGHT AT 8PM

Season 7 : Episode 2

73 Comments
Comments (73)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
"Her pathetic decision to chase the girl who jerked her around for years instead of staying with the girl the who only tried to drown her once..." good one :D
Flag
I know you were kidding about A being the 60 year old Scottish woman with the diaper breath but now it is all that I hope for
Flag
Im thinking back to the Mrs D story line and remembering something from the first season… Mike sitting in his room, and on a desk is a mirror, with writing saying "PARENTS may be closer than they appear" while it doesn't seem obvious to be connected in any way, maybe thats a forgotten clue that may have something.
Also really excited for the finale episode, to see a lot of old faces back on the screen!
Flag
Well it was cleared that Zack actually called to find out how Aria reacted to the proposal, so I don't think that was so horrible.

Overall the episode was entertaining but once again not much really happened. And I personally liked Dean, wouldn't mind something coming from that.
Flag
Okay, so this is what I think. Mrs. D is not A, BUT she is the person who has left several messages for Spencer. Why? Because Spencer (when hopped up on drugs) basically told the grieving and, let's face it, slightly unstable mother that she thought she killed Ali! I mean, maybe Mrs. D didn't see Spencer that night, but now she thinks she knows, so she's going after her. She might be replicating the notes and messages in an A-ish way because she knew at least a little about the notes Ali got.

As for the twin theory, I'm stuck between Hanna and Spencer. All the twin-stuff, the stories, the visions, the hints have been connected to Hannas house or her. However, Spencer's lack of memories from that summer might come from that it wasn't her. It was "her evil twin." The reason she doesn't get all her memories back are that they aren't hers!

And obviously (kind of) Ali won't know who tried to kill her, because she was hit in the back of the head.
Flag
Really liked this series, knowing that Ella would be back.
OK here we go:

Emily;
She made the best decision she made in a long time, breaking up with horrible Paige, who has nothing but trouble from day one..
She looked awesome in her wedding dress. Beside that, she had not much of a A storyline...

Hannah
It felt like it was more about her mother this episode, how she was faling at her job then about Hannah. Think she is better of with Travis then with Caleb...

Aria
Loved that Ella was back. Felt bad for her when Aria snapped at her..that was not fair...But loved the part with the mirror and how Ella showed the ring..that was fun to watch..finally something nice happens...

Spencer
Loved the fact that they didn't linger longer on her bad habbit and that they annoying guy (whats his name) left...!!
Jason is back and still i don't trust that guy. I didn't from day one...still wondering what his part is in all this. I still believe that Spencer will be the one who finds out what her "brother" is up too.
Loved the whole forest running thing in a wedding dress. Surrounded with darkness the dress came out very nicely. What did Mrs. D gave to guessing "A" follower??? Of course Spencer is the only one who saw it, so it will be hard to proof anything...

Can't wait till next week. Wonder what will be said and if we going to see who is under that mask, while Hannah is holding a gun...so excited!!

More+
Flag
For 100 percent we aren't going to find out who A is next week. The producers only said that a lot of questions will be answered and we will finally find out what happened the night Ali disappeared. They never mentioned to discover the identity of A ...
Flag
Staff
When they promote #AliTellsAll, even if Alison were to tell the Liars everything she knows and everything she's been up to, the resounding theme of her brief in-person appearances is that she doesn't know who A is. The implication is that she thought it was Ezra, which makes sense since he's been such an advanced Peeping Tom.

That the term "Uber A" has been passed around indicates that there may also be some kind of Lesser A. Lesser A could be the version of A before the power transfer (Mona) or some kind of copycat who knows A's M.O. and is trying to punish the people thought to be the original A, if I can offer a theory on how Mrs. D could be a version of A.

In any case, there's a possibility we could find out the identity of a Lesser A, certainly not Uber A. But knowing this show, the person in the mask will either be a hoodie or will be able to escape because the Banana Guard decides to show up right before the mask comes off.
Flag
i hope paige-horseface is gone for good
Flag
Staff
You can still find her in Chatswin on occasion!
Flag
no, thank you very much ;)
Flag
Why does Mrs D insist on gliding around behind people's backs like a Japanese vengeance spirit? No wonder Ali harbours such an abyssal dark well of issues.

Shay Mitchell might just be the most beautiful creature to ever grace our screens. I really wish her acting ability was on par with her goddess- ness. Em def needs to master a few more expressions, other than WTF/ HUH?! So glad she 'dealt with Paige', there is something about her narcissistic reverance for Em that just really irks me and I don't think she brings anything special to the cast.

Pretty decent ep overall…particularly enjoyed Em and Hannah uneloquently fumbling about in their wedding dresses and Spencer's epic one liner, 'You can't escape the cup Emily.' Haa!

Looking forward to next Tue, great recap!

Flag
Spencer's epic one liner, 'You can't escape the cup Emily.' Haa!
Flag
Staff
Hey, thanks!

Mrs D has mastered the art of stealth gliding around her house. If she takes off her face and reveals that she's one of the Gentlemen from Buffy, I won't be surprised. (btw -- ha at Japanese vengeance spirit)
Flag
The promo for next week's finale seem really interesting but the promos for PLL episodes are more interesting than the episode itself.

As an episode it was... ok? I guess, at least it didn't bored me.

Hmmm the fact that Ms. D. was the prime suspect in this episode seems forced, it's like when someone in this show was acting "normal" they start to get creepy the moment they can possibly be A. But I like that Allison is finally taking a more acting role in the show rather than to be a plot device.
Flag
Staff
Mrs D becoming a suspect so late in the season does reek of distraction. It's a strange about-face for the show that never seemed to suspect her of being anything but an occasionally delusional but still grieving mother. The tone of her character changed immediately. Seems deceptive. The believable thread is that she does know Alison is alive and is planning for her to return. But that she's A? From the audience perspective, it's a bit of a stretch.
Flag
I'm starting to think Rosewood is right next to Mystic Falls on the map of crazy places because both towns seem to have the most pointless/ridiculous/out-of-the-blue town-wide events. They also seem to employ the same police force because both seem to be completely incompetent and frequently stretch the boundaries of the type of normal law in our actual society.

CeCe signing her real name? Rookie. Hanna and Emily not thinking that maybe Mrs. D would have moved the bag after Ashley snooped through it? Clueless. Figures Veronica acts like a parent the only time something innocent is going on.

Overall, I found this episode pretty dull with the same sort of things happening over and over. Aria was a nice big hypocrite towards her mom, not only once but twice (telling her to take the phone call and then being mad, and telling her to go with him and then getting mad). She needs to back off and let her mom be happy. Stop taking out your frustration and heartbreak on everyone else.

I'm glad Emily broke up with Paige, mostly because I'm not sure how she ever could have trusted her to begin with after the drowning attempt. Sigh. Good bye Paige (maybe)... I won't miss you.

I like how Jason's alibi fails on the grounds that the place has been closed for two YEARS. Did he even bother to look into it? Did he not realize that there are several ways the girls could have figured this out?

I think I'm finally reaching my breaking point with this show. If we don't get some serious answers next episode when "#Alitellsall" (yeah right), I think it might be time to say farewell to it.
More+
Flag
Staff
CeCe signing her name is ABSOLUTELY a rookie mistake. You hate to see that happen.
Flag
The one who's there unexpected must be Mona
Flag
Round and round we go...pretty boring epsiode. Like you,I wondered and laughed,when I saw bear trap.
So let me see,if I get this...these 4,who are constantly being bullied,SPIED on,decide to just go to Ali. Hey creepy Ezra,A,who knows who else...now's your chance to find Ali. We see them being watched from outside their windows,clearly hearing what they bitching about and now they can just sneak off to Ali??
So is Ali's twin sister the dead one? Was Ali's twin sister the one in flashback? When he said,she had broken right arm or something,I said,ok she had twin sister and when Ali says "she knows what is like to fight with sister" or something like that.
Flag
&Like; you,I wondered and laughed,when I saw bear trap.

Laugh all you want, but while Rosewood has murderers, fake teachers, and crooked cops, not one single character on the show has been known to have died from a bear attack.
Flag
I loved the promo for the finale. It's long overdue for the girls to be assertive toward a masked/hooded figure they corner or are cornered by about showing their face, and to have a gun with them during these dangerous situations. Mrs. DiLaurentis may not be 'A' but she is definitely crazy & A grade-A (no pun intended but recognized & left for effect) bitch. I've read all the spoilers & some of the script for the final so I know , to some extent, what happens, and it looks to be an epic episode. I hope the girls take notes & ask intelligent questions when Ali spills her guts about what she knows. Needless to say, she has a lot to explain, but also has a lot to answer for. She may have faked her death to get away from her stalker and/or attempted killer, but her silence & inaction led to the girls being in quite a few near-death situations.
Flag
I didn't really get why Aria treated her mom like that

Also, Paige should have just stayed out of it if she truly loved Em. I think she did it more for revenge than anything

Why are shows these days promoting inappropriate relationships.
Aria with fitz, Hannah and Holbrooke, Spencer and her the rehad guy.
and its not just PLL its a a lot of other shows.

For example switched at Birth. Daphne has dated a 35 year old Chef and a 25 year old nurse.
Flag
I am also wondering what the point of the Dean character was. Spencer never opened up to him about what was going on, he didn't really help her, they just went for a jog together. And he proved that Spencer is a boy-trouble magnet. His only forward plot point in two episodes was that Jason is lying. But I really liked the character and hoped there was something more behind it-- Nate Buz's American accent is particularly charming. I really hope he comes back next season for an episode for at least some purpose.

And it would be nice to see Lucas occasionally.

Why would CeeCee, a woman on the run for murder, willingly sign a guestbook with her real name?

I am also a fan of Holbrook and would prefer to see Hanna strike up a relationship with him than with Travis (too safe) or especially going back to Caleb. I get that most fans think Caleb and Hanna are epic but they were together for so long and Hanna needs to move forward to something newer and more interesting. Caleb and Hanna have run their course.

Flag
Please no '' Alison has a twin nobody knew about and she is in the grave '' storyline , same with Spencer . That would be the worst and chepeast storyline ever . I am thinking , Veronica is much more involved in the events of Allison disappearance than we know of . At this point I am thinking she tried to kill Allison in order to get revenge after she found out Jason is his husband's son . She probably drugged Spencer and followed Alison with the shovel , and let Spencer take the fault , like it was another drug induced event. That's why she is so interested in Spencer forgetting about that night . Maybe she even told Misses DeLaurantis Spencer did it and that's why she hates Spencer so much . I don't believe Misses D is A , she is just after her because she thinks she tried to kill her daughter . I think its either Mellisa o Cece in that warehouse . I hope we finally get some answers in the finale , because until now PLL finales have been a dissapointment after another
Flag
Am I the only one who thinks that part of the reason that Aria got on her mom so hard is because her mom is in a truly happy relationship and she is not?
Flag
So does Spencer have a dissociative identity disorder? (aka split personality) That would explain Dark Spencer and pretty much everything that happened since that summer when Alison went awol.

Welcome back Piper - I missed you!

It was also great to see Laura Leighton again.

I guess if Liars' Mothers were doing their job right this whole story would end in season 1. So whatever happens is actually their fault.

Thanks for review, Nick!
Flag
Part of Emily's problem is that they have dealt with two corrupt cops: Garrett and Wilden. So, the Liars have an instinct to not trust cops. On the other hand, Paige is right that Emily needs protecting. How many times have she and the other girls almost died because of Alison?
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Again, my issue with Paige is that she should damn well know the gravity of all of this seeing as she was kidnapped with Emily!! Why would she not trust Emily's judgement and leave well enough alone?
Flag
She thinks that Em's judgement is clouded when it comes to Allison. To be fair, it is. Also, it looks like all of the corrupt cops are gone. And finally, these girls are teenagers. Children, in the eyes of some. They really shouldn't be handling this on their own.
Flag
I agree with that. When it comes to Ali, all of the girl's judgements are clouded, Emily's more than the others because Ali was her first love. They are teenagers, but there's such an intense curiosity surrounding the whole situation that each girl wants to know (1) what actually happened to Ali, (2) what happened to them on that night, (3) who all is involved in covering the whole thing up, and (4) who all is part of the A Team. And, from their point of view, they're the only ones finding out any truthful answers. Not the cops and definitely not their parents because it seems some of their parents are in on it. I'd be lying if I said that I could leave something like that alone, too, knowing I was somehow attached to it all.
Flag
Meanwhile, they are in more and more danger. And, each answer seems truthful until something comes to contradict it. How many people did they think were A? They are running in circles, still playing A's game. And, A is hoping they don't go to the cops.
Flag
The best and most interesting thing about this episode is that finally old horse faced Paige got the boot.

Everything else was just....stupid. I have had enough of Aria. She's a brat and she's being encouraged to act out. First telling Ezra to leave town and then yelling at her mom for having a good relationship. Childish, insipid, entitled. Brat.

A bear trap? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? WTF! STUPID.
Wedding gowns? Seriously?? More stupid

Thanks poster down below for bringing up the fact that Ali wasn't supposed to be in town a few days before she disappeared! Lazy writers who are now just making shit up as they go along.

I guess no one thought it was fishy that Spencer got her dress all muddy and bloody and it was just fine for her and the girls to go riding off together.

Raise your hand if you think Dean will be Spencer's new love interest? And whatever happened to that new counselor at the school? It's not at all cool to introduce new characters just to have them reveal plot points and leave. That's also lazy.

Flag
Though I agree with everything else you said I def think Aria had every right to tell Ezra to leave town. That is probably the most mature thing she has ever done. She could have reported him (as she almost did) for sexual harassment but instead she chose to think it through better and simply just tell him to leave town, because lets be real for one second...he has no ties to that town anyway so it's not like she was telling him "leave all your friends and family and your job behind". He came to rosewood to get close to the girls and find out more info about Ali, he got the job because again he wanted to get closer to Aria etc. So there is absolutely nothing that ties him to that town.
Flag
I have to disagree. I have yet to meet any adult who has told an ex boyfriend or girlfriend to leave town once they broke up. I said it last week and I still mean it. She should have reported him. The truth is, she KNEW he was an adult and that she was a minor when they met. Doesn't really matter what he told her or what he knew. SHE knew. She is just as much to blame for it. You don't get mad at water for being wet or fire for being hot.
Flag
Yeah I agree with you there haha I feel like all of these girls should have moved a LONGGGG time ago! Or at least told the cops..because either way A is telling all of their secrets so it's not like they really have anything to hide anymore everything is pretty much out in the open
Flag
Yes exactly, so if SHE knew then that just gives more reason for her to not report... Because she can't exactly go down the "pedophile" route now since she CHOSE to enter into a relationship (emotional and physical) with him. She can't exactly just cry rape/sexual harrassment, he didn't force her into the relationship. And yes I understand it is still wrong and disgusting how he lied to her and knew very well who she was before he started up the relationship but SHE was the one who chose to continue the relationship not Ezra if you recall in the very first episode of PLL.
Flag
I'm in agreement mostly..I just think it was bratty and entitled for her to ask HIM to move. Why doesn't she move? Or wait, she's going to college in a few months...why should he have to go anywhere?
Flag
The actor who was playing Dean was actually just cast as a series regular in the Supernatural spinoff.. So i think his character was only to help Spencer's story along.
Flag
Aw man ok. Thanks! So the writers are just uber lazy.
Flag
I'm thinking the person is either Cece or Melissa. They've been hinting Cece is back in the last few episodes.
Flag
When Spencer's mum was talking about the flashback she described, she said it happened only days before Ally disappeared, however Ally wasn't/shouldn't have been in Rosewood a couple of days before she disappeared. She was in Cape May, and only got back the day she supposedly "died".

Flag
I totally forgot about that, nice catch!

maybe Spencer's mom was lying for some reason? that or the writers were just lazy and forgot about the absurd number of flashbacks/unresolved plot points they have inserted into the show over the years.
Flag
There has to be a reason for it. The flashback was kinda pointless otherwise, nothing important or shocking happened.
Flag
The flashback was semi-pointless. It was pointless until the end of it where we saw Spencer creepin' in the corner staring at Ali like Ali had just interrupted her beauty sleep. That drove home all of the crazy Spencer has been lately as well as the crazy she was in her convoluted memories.
Flag
Also Ally was acting way nicer than Ally ever acts in flashbacks??
Flag
How long has it been since we've seen Ali interact with one of the girl's moms? Maybe she was just mean to the girls, because she knew she could be, but not as much to their moms.
Flag
Havent finished the ep yet but Aria definitely thinks she's pregnant, doesn't she????
Flag
What made you think that?
Flag
the fact that she didn't know what to wear at some point & seemed agitated about it
Flag
Hmmm. She could be, but I'm really hoping not. That would support what IMK said about how she and Ezra are never really off the table, no matter what happens (ugh).
Flag
Staff
A Fitzbaby is basically the worst possible scenario.
Flag
I did miss the first 10 minutes of the episode, but I didn't feel she thought she was pregnant whatsoever the rest of the episode.
Flag
I truly hope they don't go that direction.
Flag
love that Rosewood PD is going to exhume "Allison's body", without the family's permission, because of a note left in a car and because of an old family photo. They really must not have a lot going on.

Also, why were wedding dresses being auctioned off for charity, did I miss something? who is going to buy their wedding dress at an auction and how many prospective brides are supposed to be in Rosewood? It's not like they were that unique or anything and a wedding dress isn't something you would really but for anyone else.

I really hope that these last few set up episodes actually lead us somewhere interesting next week and not just to Alison telling them that she doesn't really know anything either. They really need to wrap up some of these outstanding plots and move on next season. I mean we are four seasons in and still don't know who A is or who tried to kill Allison.

Flag
" They really need to wrap up some of these outstanding plots and move on next season.
According to current spoilers, we're going to see a LOT of breakthrough and get some real answers, including possibly finding out who #BigA is. They've already set up the episode to be about the girls vs. Ali so my guess is the entire episode will be devoted to flashbacks and answers about "that night" and also where Ali's really been hiding. I was glad to see Jason brought back in and I'd really like to see his storyline get more attention next episode/next season. Like I mentioned, Mona was nowhere in last night's episode so we'd better get some reconciliation for that in the next episode. I think next week's finale will be the biggest episode the show's seen since Ezra's confession episode.
Flag

So Alison's mother has upped her game from last week episode to a total creep show at this point but something just doesn't add up , if Alison's mom never liked spencer because she thought she could harm Alison she never showed any sign of it till the last two episodes , I mean if I recall didn't she asked the girls to model Alison's favorite dresses in a fashion show for charity that one time and now that they were modeling those wedding dresses all of a sudden they were white trash , also wasn't Mrs. D being incredibly friendly to the girls in the beginning because through them her daughter was still alive somehow and she never treated spencer any different from the group either, so why now. I get that the show is trying to pin A on her but some consistency wouldn't hurt and don't give me it was all just an act excuse, that's just ….sloppy.

Also what a pointless flashback spencer's mom shared with us, I am telling you that women is such a drama queen she kept saying to spencer "I can't go through this with you again " "it's like there is two different spencer's" she made this huge build up and you are thinking what could spencer have possibly done imagining the worst but then comes this flashback of spencer's mom cleaning up a bunch of torn up clothes and she's being mean to Alison who is actually nice and decent in that scene while spencer is apparently watching the all thing from the side and that's about it , like can't you just finish the story and tell us the horrible stuff that spencer actually did , cause all I got from that is torn clothes and a sister fight and knowing Melissa maybe spencer had her good reasons to do whatever she did regardless of those pills she took but I guess we can't know that because moma hastings never really bothered telling us the story. thanks a lot for nothing.

this episode definitely had it's funny moments but the best one was Emily and hanna in wedding dresses searching for clues, it was hilarious.

Who wants to bet the person in that address Alison gave them was cece. judging by their expression's it was definitely not a person they were happy to see but I guess we'll find out next week.

I kinda like this all thing that's been going on between travis and hanna, I really didn't think I would but I do.

it gives a really bad message to drugs that if you are going to do them your parents are going to get you some hot guy to babysit for you, where do I sign up (seriously) It was fun while it lasted though.

A corset made of real bones was actually really clever cause that's what you really call the stuff you put in a corset to make it stiff and hard, so the literal version was kinda cool (to me anyway).

More+
Flag
The part I was interested in was Spenser's mum said the flashback she described happened only days before Ally disappeared, however Ally shouldn't have been in Rosewood a couple of days before she disappeared. She was in Cape May, and only got back the day she supposedly "died".
Flag
Mrs D might have only recently learnt about Spencer which might explain the change in her behaviour towards the girls, which raises the question: from whom did she hear it????
Flag
I'm going to guess Jason, especially if he never really went to rehab and has actually been in/out of Rosewood this whole time.
Flag
The last 3 episodes have been fantastic setups for the finale. Each one gave us just a little bit and it's definitely going to pay off next week! Curious to see no Mona in the episode. Maybe she was the one Spencer was chasing? On with the girls!

Spencer - Loved that she was still dealing with the aftermath of her addiction(s) and that she's seemingly coming to terms that drugs make your life cray cray (the black-and-white dream wasn't enough?!). I really liked Veronica having a "truth" talk with Spencer. All of the girl's parents are so in and out of their lives that, at times, it seems that they either are hiding things from the girls or just don't care. Glad to see some progress. Missed #Spoby, but I hope we find out where he really is next episode.

Aria - I have the utmost respect for all of the "mom" actresses, but Holly Marie Combs was great in this episode. Not only did she actually listen to Aria, but she gave her helpful advice rather than what Aria needs to do or something about rainbows. Aria's conversations with Ella were both needed and well-executed.

Hanna - Dr. Watson is back!! She totally led the group in going to Ali's room and I loved it! No more backup dancer for you, Hanna. I was also really glad that she and Travis had an impromptu "date" and that she got to make up for her lost time with him last week.

Emily - I think Hanna's detective-ish skills are rubbing off on Emily a bit. Well-played with the password, though a little obvious. I was glad to see that it was Emily who first spoke to Ali and not Hanna or Aria (I ship #Emison, but just a little...I really liked Paige up until the last few episodes). As much as it killed Emily to leave Paige in the dust, she's justified. Emily gave Paige specific instructions and, though Paige was trying to help, she didn't realize the depth of the situation. Seriously, Paige?! You didn't figure out the depth of all this from when you were kidnapped or targeted by A? I'd be protective as hell, too, but I'm going to trust that my significant other has my back when they tell me not to go through with something.

Ah...can't wait for next Tuesday :)
More+
Flag
Follow this Show
Members