Pretty Little Liars Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on ABC FamilyBetween Seasons

A Team?

humdrum

[1]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 2

In between now and the season 3 premiere in June, I was wondering if anyone has theories as to who the members of the -A team are?

I, personally was totally convinced that Maya was on the -A team, up until the season 2 finale. She seemed to fit the bill; recurring character since episode 1, may have connections to creepy Jason because of her drug use and his gig as a counselor for teenagers who abuse drugs, she moved into Ali's house, getting access to all of her hidden diaries, and her parents seemed constantly absent, giving her time to snoop around and stalk the girls. However, as she is probably dead, I was most likely wrong.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darkbender24

[2]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 12

i have a feeling ezra and jenna are in on it

PLLFan4me

[3]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 1

Why does everyone think Ezra is in on the A team?? He's totally innocent! There hasn't been any hints at him being it at all! People are just saying it to say it.

Personally, it's very hard for me to decide who the other A's could be.

Jenna seems either too obvious or just mad at the girls for different reasons than an "A" would be.

The 4 girls have no hints that any one of them is an A.

Toby seems too innocent and the girls have been too nice to him for him to be an A.

Melissa COULD end up being an A but I just feel like she's really not that cruel. She gets mad at Spencer but she has normal sister moments too so i don't think she would go to all that trouble to torment her sister and her friends.

Garrett could be A. He seems suspicious. I don't really feel like he's very well-known though so making him A could confuse some of the lesser fans who don't really know his character too well.

Caleb could be an interesting A. But he's too in love with Hanna to be one. I think.

I don't get any A vibe from Mike, Alex, Wren, or Sean.

It would be interesting if Ian and Maya WERE A's but were killed by other A's for not doing their job well enough. I could see that.

IN CONCLUSION, I will be surprised no matter who ends up being A next. Cause i really am not sure.

*I have only seen Season 1 so far and the Season 2 finale so if any of these don't make sense, I'm sorry.*

Edited on 04/10/2012 4:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.

bronbrons27

[4]Jun 8, 2012
    • level: 14
    I also thought that Maya might have been involved, until the season 2 finale...

I personally DO think that Melissa is involved somehow, though. Jenna, I'm not sure about, a part of me thinks she's just too obvious...

Ezra - no. I know it would be a major plot twist and all, but I really don't think the writers would go in that direction - there are too many hardcore Ezria fans.

But after seeing the season 3 premiere and a preview for next week's episode, I'm actually starting to think more and more that Wren might be in on it somehow...

Chocolatier

[5]Jun 21, 2012
    I think that Jenna is on the A Team as well as Mona and I think Ian was on the team. I reckon they have a ring leader who is yet to be revealed and the rest of them are following this persons lead. I also suspect that Garrett is on the team as well. Melissa could have been, but I don't think she still is, I do think that she's in love with Garrett though...

FOP_fan17

[6]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^I like the idea of a team leader that has yet to be revealed. I have my own theory as to who that leader might be, but I don't want to spoil the books for anyone. I think Jenna is DEFINITELY on the team....she was in on page 5 of Ali's autopsy report being stolen, and she sent someone after the girls at the ball during the Season 2 finale. And if she's innocent, why is she hiding her eyesight? Why was she creeped out about the earring Spencer put by the bathroom sink?
    Garret only joined the police force to cover something up, stole page 5, AND knows more about what the girls are going through now, so he's definitely guilty of something.
    I also think Melissa is in on it....in my opinion, her hasty marriage and pregnancy with Ian were both meant to cover up something.
    Ian was probably in on it too at first, but I think he changed his mind and decided to defend Ali....which is why he turned the tables on Garret and Jenna in that video, and possibly why he was murdered. It's also possible that Jason, being a member of the NAT team, knows more but isn't necessarily guilty of anything terrible.
    Due to the Halloween episode, and how he gets teased in school, I also think Lucas is part of this. As for Maya, I think she was murdered because she was brainwashed into joining the team since she's new, then wanted to back out of it. Or As for the team as a whole, I think they all had a problem with Ali and the Liars, and they all banded together to get revenge with their leader's help. I would say some of them get along with the Liars because they want to appear innocent or don't have a problem with all of them. I even think this group has some members that are out for pure revenge, while others don't really have their hearts in it and would rather not be involved.
    The team leader, in my opinion, is the one who also murdered Ali, Ian, and Maya....not any characters we've met yet. I might be thinking too far into this, but there are way too many suspicious people for them to all be innocent.

BrookeParker

[7]Jun 26, 2012
    Tonight's episode was ok/decent.

LeytonTLA

[8]Jun 29, 2012
    • level: 16
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^I like the idea of a team leader that has yet to be revealed. I have my own theory as to who that leader might be, but I don't want to spoil the books for anyone. I think Jenna is DEFINITELY on the team....she was in on page 5 of Ali's autopsy report being stolen, and she sent someone after the girls at the ball during the Season 2 finale. And if she's innocent, why is she hiding her eyesight? Why was she creeped out about the earring Spencer put by the bathroom sink?
    Garret only joined the police force to cover something up, stole page 5, AND knows more about what the girls are going through now, so he's definitely guilty of something.
    I also think Melissa is in on it....in my opinion, her hasty marriage and pregnancy with Ian were both meant to cover up something.
    Ian was probably in on it too at first, but I think he changed his mind and decided to defend Ali....which is why he turned the tables on Garret and Jenna in that video, and possibly why he was murdered. It's also possible that Jason, being a member of the NAT team, knows more but isn't necessarily guilty of anything terrible.
    Due to the Halloween episode, and how he gets teased in school, I also think Lucas is part of this. As for Maya, I think she was murdered because she was brainwashed into joining the team since she's new, then wanted to back out of it. Or As for the team as a whole, I think they all had a problem with Ali and the Liars, and they all banded together to get revenge with their leader's help. I would say some of them get along with the Liars because they want to appear innocent or don't have a problem with all of them. I even think this group has some members that are out for pure revenge, while others don't really have their hearts in it and would rather not be involved.
    The team leader, in my opinion, is the one who also murdered Ali, Ian, and Maya....not any characters we've met yet. I might be thinking too far into this, but there are way too many suspicious people for them to all be innocent.

I pretty much agree with most of this, i also think the psychiatrist has something to do with hit, no way would a teenage girl scare off a professional no matter who she threatened, i think she knows more than she is lettin on and will be back in it before long, i love and hate this show in equal measures i definitely need to watch it season at a time not episode! That new guy mayas cousin is dodgy but i dont think he is in on it, noel or noah i think will be in on it in some small way or another