Pretty Little Liars Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on ABC FamilyIn Season

Are the writers being unusually nice to Aria?

CorgiGirl

[1]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 2

Since it got put on Netflix I've been rewatching it while also watching the current season. And I've noticed something. Aria has very little drama connected to A or Alison's murder compared to the other girls. Maybe I need to rewatch more episodes or something but I've noticed a couple things. 1. She's never been accused of Alison's murder, has she? It seems like the police have pointed a finger at all of them at least once except for her. 2. She's the only one who hasn't had a relationship destroyed by A. Yeah, her and Ezra broke up for a few episodes in the first season but it didn't seem that tough to get over it. Kind of odd considering her relationship has to be a very easy target for A. It's had its troubles but it doesn't seem to hold a candle to what they could be going through at A's hands.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[2]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^I agree with you 100%. But I heard that all the girls are supposed to get their individual turn being tortured by A. First it was Emily, now it's Hanna.....I'd say Aria's decent ride is only the calm before the storm.

charmed05

[3]Aug 22, 2012
    • level: 15

They have, right away A mentioned their relationship a couple times, and making hanna tell her mother.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Aug 22, 2012
    • level: 28

Aria doesn't seem to add much to the story. Spencer was he only one who stood up to Alison. Hana and Emily were both manipulated and abusedemotionally by Alison. Aria doesn't seem to have much friction with Ali. Most of the time we see a flashback with Ali we see more insight on Alison's relationship with each of the girls and Aria's never seems to be anything that stands out. Ali broke up Noel to give Aria a shot. She forced Aria to go to Halloween party, but that's it.

I think that has something to do with why A team never seems to torture Aria as bad as the other girls. Like someone above said the series seems to take turns on A focusing on a girl. First it was Spencer than it moved to Emily, and now it seems like it is Hana. If the pattern holds and they focus on Aria next we will probably get to see more of Alison's history with Aria and see how she manipualted and tortured Aria, which will lead to more hard times for her.

Aria's storylines are too Ezra centric. It is annoying, because that sucks her away from the main story. Last night she was worried about how Ezra being a father and what to do that she wasn't even there for most of it. A threatening Mike or her dad or mom would be something else just to get her story different.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Aug 29, 2012

After the mid-season finale it is given that Aria has the least damage of all the girls when it comes to A.

***SPOILER***

Edited on 08/29/2012 9:30pm

itsmemadie01

[6]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 5

Aria's story is just about Ezra and nothing else. This maybe an unpopular opinion but Ezra is annoying he does nothing and I do not see why is he still on the show? I kinda like it when Aria had a thing for Jason, maybe the only exciting thing she did so far. Please boot Ezra and let Aria's character grow not even his family drama saved his character.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Nov 8, 2012
    After the second Halloween special he writers finally have somthing serious happen to Aria. It was long overdue and delightly frightening, almost throw off a train in a box. The kiddy gloves for Aria are finally off.

MaschaC91

[8]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 3
    Hmz... if..

[SPOILER!]

Aria's dad actually is A, or helping A, or or.. well, that might explain why Aria has that little trouble with A compared to the other girls.. That's actually something worth keeping in mind! [/spoiler]