Pretty Little Liars Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on ABC FamilyIn Season

Official Episode Discussion 2. 25: "Unmasked"

MacAttac

[1]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 9

This ep is so predictable. I really thought they would go in a different direction with the show.

I am through with this show.

It's been a blast.

Maybe I will see some of you on another episode discussion forum.

Edited on 03/19/2012 10:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[2]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 22
    I feel like if A had been anyone else, it would have been TOO obvious because they're motives were mentioned in the last few episodes. Why didn't they mention Melissa's or someone else's motives earlier, then focus on Mona to throw everyone off, then decide to make someone else A? I personally liked Mona as A, but they could have changed things so it wasn't so predictable.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 28

I'll keep watching, but I have say it feels like this will just be the book series adapted to the big screen whether than doing its own thing like we were told. If they hadn't told us the series would be different from the books it probably wouldn't have disappointed a lot of people. I think people won't be shocked by Mona being A and just feel trolled. This may effect viewership for the next season.

Edit: Re-watched it and I understand it better. Mona is A, but she was following someone else, the person in red. A/Mona is a helper to this person. The thing is Mona got caught on purpose to lure the girls' guard and protect this person. A being Mona isn't so much revealing as the real reveal is A is just someone else's helper and not the main antagonist or the girls true enemy.

Edited on 03/20/2012 12:09am
    Edited 2 total times.

FernandoPatla

[4]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 5

I really liked the finally. Probably one of the best episodes yet!

That being said, I did feel that the peacing was a bit off. I mean, the first half of it was really slow, and then when they arrive to the ball, it moved really really fast. I've would rather if they had made this into two episodes, so the pacing was better, but whatever.

Also, If you're gonna stop watching because of who A was, then I think you don't get what this show is about.

Jemadari

[5]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 12

So I quit watching half way through this season but I still wanted to know who "A" was so last night I read all of the episode summaries on wikipedia and I think I might have to go back and give it a shot as long as I skip over the scenes that focus on Aria and Caleb I think I can stomach it, I just don't like a heavy focus on romantic relationships and as far as i'm concerned that's all those characters bring to the table

Elfin1993

[6]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 1

I was a little disappointed, but at the same time, I'm glad A was someone who it solidly makes sense for them to be. Mona had motives, means and opportunity. If it had been someone like Ezra it would have been rediculous, as he has no reason to target the girls.

And I do think Mona is A,I think the person at the end was Alison. She figured out that Mona was A, and got her involved to help her with tricking someone else - her murderer - into thinking they killed her and in return, Mona could get Hanna back and become popular. Problem is, this is assuming the writers haven't lied about the mystery in season 3 being entirely different to the A mystery. But at this point they lied about so much, so who knows.

humdrum

[7]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 2

I was pretty satisfied with this episode, overall. All of the aspects of it were done so perfectly; the motel, the masquerade, the setup of Spencer going to the motel with Mona. I was even okay with Mona being A, especially as they revealed that she was only a helper of A's at the end of the episode. The thing that I really disliked about this episode was that, at the end, Emily was left uncontrollably sobbing, her friends holding her back. I hate that Emily, despite her being the most down to earth, considerate character on the show, never seems to have success in love. On this episode, every single other liar had their true love at their side; except for Emily. I hope that Paige came back onto the show for a reason and that Emily will finally find someone who truly cares about her (and doesn't die).

I absolutely cannot wait for the next season to premiere!

angeland8

[8]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 10
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Re-watched it and I understand it better. Mona is A, but she was following someone else, the person in red. A/Mona is a helper to this person. The thing is Mona got caught on purpose to lure the girls' guard and protect this person. A being Mona isn't so much revealing as the real reveal is A is just someone else's helper and not the main antagonist or the girls true enemy.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

And I agree about romantic stuff. Ezra is annoying beyond belief; scenes with Caleb were boring this time; that other girl with Em - I don't even remember her name. Looks like only Spencer's personal life isn't such a boring time-filler. For me, of course.

johnmarlena422

[9]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 16
    humdrum wrote:

I was pretty satisfied with this episode, overall. All of the aspects of it were done so perfectly; the motel, the masquerade, the setup of Spencer going to the motel with Mona. I was even okay with Mona being A, especially as they revealed that she was only a helper of A's at the end of the episode. The thing that I really disliked about this episode was that, at the end, Emily was left uncontrollably sobbing, her friends holding her back. I hate that Emily, despite her being the most down to earth, considerate character on the show, never seems to have success in love. On this episode, every single other liar had their true love at their side; except for Emily. I hope that Paige came back onto the show for a reason and that Emily will finally find someone who truly cares about her (and doesn't die).

I absolutely cannot wait for the next season to premiere!

I agree about Emily but I think Paige would be better suited for her.. Maya was very flaky and never seemed all that committed to making it work with Em anyway.

MacAttac

[10]Mar 20, 2012
    angeland8 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Re-watched it and I understand it better. Mona is A, but she was following someone else, the person in red. A/Mona is a helper to this person. The thing is Mona got caught on purpose to lure the girls' guard and protect this person. A being Mona isn't so much revealing as the real reveal is A is just someone else's helper and not the main antagonist or the girls true enemy.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

And I agree about romantic stuff. Ezra is annoying beyond belief; scenes with Caleb were boring this time; that other girl with Em - I don't even remember her name. Looks like only Spencer's personal life isn't such a boring time-filler. For me, of course.

It is Paige. Remember she almost KILLS Emily?, and Emily still hangs out with her until Emily has enough and wisely drops her. I guess the psychos get to stay on the show.

RaizenYusuke

[11]Mar 20, 2012

From what I gather on the Internet a lot of people are sick or getting sick of Aria/Fitz. I didn't really mind that at first, but damn they are dull. There is just so much drama and that feels like all this relationship is meant for to create drama. I think that is why I don't mind Maya being gone. I actually like Caleb and Hanna, probably because they have drama they also have fun, act like teenagers sometimes, and just sometimes a rest from all the other problem/doomed relationships on this show that I am just invested enough in both characters that I not only like them together, but not sick (yet) of seeing them on-screen together. I don't mind Spencer and Toby that much.

Maybe it helps for me to get to like the characters that turn into significant others first. I just want to know how Toby got in contact with the doctor to and stage this plan? If Jenna told him about the doctor than he was probably a pawn in the character in red who I will refer to as Red until further notice. When I first watched this episode I was disappointed that they made it obvious Mona was A not in just this episode, but a lot of the episodes leading up to the finale. After watching it a second time I liked it more, because I realized that I got exactly what I wanted.

I was hoping they would do a team or group for A to explain the abnormal all knowing ability and that the A revealed would just be a member of that group, but the other members still around to cause trouble. I think I even said someting about Mona being a helper. Mona was a pawn for this Red and there is possibly other members working for this Red. I am looking forward to the third season, but somewhat satisfied that one thing was at least answered and we weren't trolled like the first season finale with Ian.

AngryMcBeaver

[12]Mar 20, 2012
    I was very disappointed. A's reveal should have been better than that. It was disappointing to people who were told that A would be different than her book counterpart. That was a lie. What makes it worse is that the reasons were lame unlike the book. The ending revealed that Mona was working for someone (the next A most likely) and once again I have to ask, what is A's threat to the girls? What's keeping them from just ignoring A's texts? Their loved ones? Simple, just tell them that Mona had accomplices and they're threatening to hurt them. Problem solved.

humdrum

[13]Mar 20, 2012
    Also, I am surprised that everyone seems to still be clinging onto the idea of the "black swan" being the lead "A", or another member of the "A" team. I think that there is no reason for the black swan to have anything to do with the real "A"; Mona, who is one of the "A"'s was the person who pointed out the costume in the lair at the motel. Why would she feel obligated to give the girls any hints about any other members of the "A" team since she was one herself? Maybe Mona pointing out the costume was yet another ploy to frame Jenna or Melissa as "A".

MacAttac

[14]Mar 20, 2012
    AngryMcBeaver wrote:
    I was very disappointed. A's reveal should have been better than that. It was disappointing to people who were told that A would be different than her book counterpart. That was a lie. What makes it worse is that the reasons were lame unlike the book. The ending revealed that Mona was working for someone (the next A most likely) and once again I have to ask, what is A's threat to the girls? What's keeping them from just ignoring A's texts? Their loved ones? Simple, just tell them that Mona had accomplices and they're threatening to hurt them. Problem solved.

I completely agree with you, and I don't want to see Paige physically assault and abuse Emily again. This is exactly why I won't be watching season three.

RaizenYusuke

[15]Mar 20, 2012
    MacAttac wrote:
    AngryMcBeaver wrote:

I completely agree with you, and I don't want to see Paige physically assault and abuse Emily again. This is exactly why I won't be watching season three.
    I can understand your reasoning. This show is a typical teen drama show. You either keep watching because you like it or need to see how it ends. Lord knows I have given up on shows that disappointed me. I think Mona lied about her reasoning. The girls didn't really reunite until the texts if I remember anyway. My memory is faulty.

angeland8

[16]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 10
    humdrum wrote:
    Also, I am surprised that everyone seems to still be clinging onto the idea of the "black swan" being the lead "A", or another member of the "A" team. I think that there is no reason for the black swan to have anything to do with the real "A"; Mona, who is one of the "A"'s was the person who pointed out the costume in the lair at the motel. Why would she feel obligated to give the girls any hints about any other members of the "A" team since she was one herself? Maybe Mona pointing out the costume was yet another ploy to frame Jenna or Melissa as "A".

I have a question about that Black Swan. When Spencer realized that Mona was A, she said something like 'You didn't phone Hanna, didn't you?". But the girls were looking for the Swan at the party, so Mona did call Hanna?

Not that it is very important, I'm just confused. Or did I miss something?

KasenStuff

[17]Mar 21, 2012
    angeland8 wrote:
    humdrum wrote:

I have a question about that Black Swan. When Spencer realized that Mona was A, she said something like 'You didn't phone Hanna, didn't you?". But the girls were looking for the Swan at the party, so Mona did call Hanna?

You know I wondered about that, too. I thought "Well maybe Spencer got a text in after all." But who knows. She had to have called them.

hal90042000

[18]Mar 21, 2012
    Great episode I waited all day at work to watch this one and I have to say I was not disapoited Mona being A took me by surprise I never thought Mellisa was A but I never thought it was Mona. I was so sure that A was Maya that might sound strange but her disappearce was what made me suspect her. Now that we know A/Mona was just another pawn in the game it going to cool to see where it goe's from here.

MacAttac

[19]Mar 21, 2012
    angeland8 wrote:
    humdrum wrote:

Mona never answers the question. She could have called them to keep them busy while she is trying to recruit Spencer.

darkbender24

[20]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 12

I dont think she called them i think the girls just assumed the swan was A because they didn't recognize her and because she started running from them. I have a feeling though that she was just an A victim and assumed the girls were working with A therefore she ran.