Is Pretty Sammy Sasami Magical Girls Club under a different name?

Antique22

[1]Jun 26, 2010
    • level: 11

My father surprised me with a DVD of the series Sasami Magical Girls Club for my birthday and I'm wondering if that is the Pretty Sammy series under a new American name. I had never heard of the series until my father bought it for me. Is Sasami Magical Girls Club the American name of Pretty Sammy,

Tiki

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Angus_Mac

[2]Sep 14, 2010
    • level: 71
    Hi Tiki,

Sasami Magical Girls Club is a series that was done in the 2000s that uses some of the characters from Pretty Sammy / Magical Project S, namely Sasami and Misao, but also Ginji and Honoka as parents. This guide covers it in seasons 3 and 4, and this is the one that's done by Funimation dub.

The American name for the original Pretty Sammy series is Magical Project S; one of the DVD packs is hard to find. This guide covers it in season 2, but you can find some video clips on the Internet.

There's also an OVA series for Pretty Sammy which is on the Mihoshi Special DVD which seems to be more available than the TV series. This guide covers it in season 1.

Hope this helps; let me know if you have any further questions.

Antique22

[3]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 11

So Sasami Magical Girls Club is related to Pretty Sammy after all and I find that surprising. My Dad found the DVD of the first season of Sasami Magical Girls Club at Big Lots and it appears to be sold in volumes and did they ever bring out Season 2 along with Pretty Sammy season 2 also?,

Thank you very much for the info Agent,

Tiki