Does anybody else feel that Venus had more potential?

sailormoonrulez

[1]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 19
    Hi,

I was wondering if anybody else thought that Sailor Venus had more potential as a character than what she was made out to be. For me, i believe that she could have become a better character than what she finished the series as.

In the first two series, She was sensible and a very mature person. At least up until episode 78, which seems to have been a model for her later self. It is noticable however that in the last two/three seasons she became a ditz, at times worse than Usagi, losing her previous attitude.

But i dont believe that that Should have happened. What do you all think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

linagabriev

[2]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 27
    She did kind of die off after awhile it seemed... I never thought of it that way.

I suppose the lowest point in her life would be during the "Nurse" episode in the second season. After that, it became annoying how they always played the same inside joke of her not being able to get normal sayings right like "Don't carry all your eggs in one basket".

It is sort of funny seeing as she was the first Scout.

StarlightMaker

[3]Mar 20, 2006
    • level: 33
    She definitely wasn't ditzy in the comic. In fact, in the second story arc, she was one of the only Soldiers left as they were being taken by the Black Moon family. And she was more mysterious and (if you will) "badass" in the live action version.

However, I still loved her character. I think she regained herself in the fifth season, especially with the idol episode.

tvtome_xena321

[4]Mar 31, 2006
    • level: 27
    StarlightMaker wrote:
    She definitely wasn't ditzy in the comic. In fact, in the second story arc, she was one of the only Soldiers left as they were being taken by the Black Moon family. And she was more mysterious and (if you will) "badass" in the live action version.

However, I still loved her character. I think she regained herself in the fifth season, especially with the idol episode.

Yeah and wasn't she the leader in in the Manga and killed Queen Berly with the Stone sword, and Metalla was the big enemy.

Xactics

[5]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 15

Anime: Episode 42 (Sailor V) proves Minako's character...At least, until she became Usagi's twin...

Manga: She was the leader of the Inner Senshi and having killed Beryl with the sword (Sailormoon killed Metallia)

PGSM: Minako refused to fight with the others because of her limited life...(only six months to live)...

LunaP20

[6]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 3
    I thought she should had much more potential as she was the first scout. She was created before Sailor Moon or the other scouts. It's a bit of a shame how she was done in the animated series... at least in North America. I still haven't seen the Japanese version yet.

Jouai

[7]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 13
    LunaP20 wrote:
    I thought she should had much more potential as she was the first scout. She was created before Sailor Moon or the other scouts. It's a bit of a shame how she was done in the animated series... at least in North America. I still haven't seen the Japanese version yet.

She's the same way in the original (Japanese) version, LunaP20....except I found her to be a bit more funny in the original version, ironically. ESPECIALLY in that one Stars episode (can't remember the ep number, obviously). ~_~ LoL

Anyway, but yeah, hands down she was destroyed in the anime version, and definitely a super badarse in the manga version. So now, that I'm older, I don't let it bother me anymore. LoL

gothicsweetie

[8]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 13
    she did seem a little under used didn't she

SailorB

[9]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 16
    Minako's character was much more mature at first. Then they had 2 make her Usagi's twin.....

SailorB

[10]Mar 14, 2007
    Um hello? Is ne1here?

TerraGirl16

[11]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 26
    I think they shouldn't have ditched all of her maturity, but its okay to let loose once in a while.

From
    Terra

SailorB

[12]Mar 19, 2007

Yeah, but they ttly changed her character!

4kids_Die

[13]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 2

The Anime does Weird things to ALL the characters; did you see what they did to the Starlights?

But, ya Venus had a lot of potential in the Manga, but in the Anime they did weird things to her..

benb15

[14]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 20

I never really cared for Minako chan

*appears behnind me*

Minako:So you Think I have no potential?

ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP!

Me:*Coughs*sorry I got to go to the hospital

*falls off chair unconcious*Lol

SailorB

[15]Jul 10, 2007
    So many changes...

benb15

[16]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 20
    Well I have noticed in early episodes she was mature.But I haven't seen that nurse episode,is it on Youtube?

LadyMalfoy

[17]Sep 11, 2007

I loved Venus in the manga, and while i love her in the Anime, I do feel they lost some of her potential. She is the leader of the inner, but she just went silly, in my opinion. Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes her!

I also think (not to get off topic) but that they did the same with Rei. She seemed more mellow in the manga, and less combative with usagi than they make her in the anime. *Shrugs* Maybe that's just me.

saturnz_angel

[18]Nov 24, 2008
    StarlightMaker wrote:
    She definitely wasn't ditzy in the comic. In fact, in the second story arc, she was one of the only Soldiers left as they were being taken by the Black Moon family. And she was more mysterious and (if you will) "badass" in the live action version. However, I still loved her character. I think she regained herself in the fifth season, especially with the idol episode.
    *sigh* Minako Rockt in the Live Action

Md_2

[19]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 10
    I know I'm pretty late, but I agree that I think they ruined Minako's character. I liked much more when she was the mature and grown up, not Usagi #2. I also wish they would have sticked more with the manga about the story, they seemed more intense then.

Btw, is it just me, or were all of the inner senshi pretty much pushed aside after season 2? Season 3 was all about Usagi, Michiru, Haruka, and Chibiusa.

Season 4 all about Usagi and Chibiusa (As far as I can remember)

and season 5 all about Usagi and the starlight (And no mamoru, unfortunately -_-.