This show is perfect for kids

Sin_of_Chaos

[1]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 3

Oh my Usagi! This show is awesome for little kids to see. I cannot see how this show can be 13+. There is no sex, the nudity is barbie doll looking, the violence is minimal and only a few amount of episodes have blood, and very little blood too.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sin_of_Chaos

[2]Oct 24, 2006
    Oh, and I'm mainly referring to Stars. But the whole series is perfect for children, especially Stars.

Jouai

[3]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 13
    Is this sarcasm or sincerity?

gothicsweetie

[4]Jan 27, 2007
    the dub was geard to really little kid 4-7 the original was geard for the little bit older kids I'd say 9-12 maby even more

TerraGirl16

[5]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 26
    I completely agree with GothicSweetie.

I think most of what was wrong with Stars was teh fact that they change gender, which is why it will never be shown in the US and the nudity in the last episode. Barbie doll or not, in american TV it will be censored. Also, Michiru and Haruka's relationship is frowned up for american kids tv.

From
    Terra

FoxyGal18

[6]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 10
    It's not fair. So what if was originally made for adults, & that Uranus & Neptune are lesbians, that the starlights are really men who transform into women, & sailormoon flies around naked at the end, that's no reason to not release the stars season. I'm 19 years old so I can handle it. I don't see why they can't just dub it & release it directly to dvd like an ova. I've loved sailormoon since I was 10 years old & have known about the Stars season for many years. It has practically nothing to hide from kids. Then again, kids are exposed to worse things anyway these days so this is nothing. I just want to see the last season so badly.

Sin_of_Chaos

[7]Feb 26, 2007

To the one who asked me if I was sarcastic.

No, I'm quite serious here. I think it should be ok for kids to watch. I think the nudity at the end is some kind of symbol. It should be for kids to see. All the innapropiate features are gone anyway. Show was made for children in Japan anyway. Also, it can't be for adults because all the main characters are TEENAGERS(maybe because the DVDs say 13+, though thats still too high).

Besides, they don't need to show it on TV. They could just put it straight to DVD(most anime isn't shown on TV anyway).

OdangoAtama

[8]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 2
    I think making it go to dvd is a good idea. i mean the first generation who watched it(the dubbed version) is definatly mature enough now. And especially with how big anime is now and how many fans Sailor Moon has who want to see Stars dubbed, they could make alot of money. But if they're just trying to say 'it's not suitable for children, so we just won't release it period' they should see some of the stuff kids are watching!!

SailorB

[9]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 16

I know that Stars could've been dubbed. First of all, so what if the Starlights were men that were actually women? If the American dubbers had brought them back 2 being women they'd be closer to the manga. Then as for the last ep.'s nudity all they would've had to do was just put Usagi's dress back on her.

This is possible since in the anime Yu-Gi-Oh! they numerous naked female monsters. The editors just added a dress so that nothing would be revealed.

gothicsweetie

[10]Apr 5, 2007
    The star season to mutch for american censers I guess

maybebaby5311

[11]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    i love this series!!!!!!!

MissMune

[13]May 12, 2007
    • level: 8

You know, I have to agree completely with you on this. I have no idea why, in the American Dub, there were so many things hidden from the kiddies. Honestly, there are quite a few dirty jokes in the average American cartoon and there are plenty of things that would probably be considered more mature than anything I've seen in Sailor Moon.

Of course, Sailor Moon had the elements of homosexual characters, and death, as well. These may be considered too mature for kids but...I don't think so. There are plenty of things targeted at kids that have characters die. Plenty of Disney movies can be seen as an example. Homosexual characters aren't seen as often, though (it's been increasingly more implied, though, from what I've seen in some Western animation). Still, I don't see why this would be that big of a problem. Honestly, it's not like the characters are doing anything sexually explicit.

It just seems narrow-minded to censor that out.

Anyway, I think this show is good for children. In both versions it promotes feminism and shows that women don't need to be saved; they can save themselves. And in the Original version, it shows children the reality of death (no, I'm not being morbid, I'm saying that it's realistic), and I think that it promotes open-mindedness with the homosexual characters. In the Original there is never any attempt to hide it or even any shame in it, which I think is an excellent thing to teach children.

Personally, if I had children, I would encourage them to watch the Original version of this show. No doubt.

KKDW

[14]May 13, 2007
    MissMune wrote:

You know, I have to agree completely with you on this. I have no idea why, in the American Dub, there were so many things hidden from the kiddies. Honestly, there are quite a few dirty jokes in the average American cartoon and there are plenty of things that would probably be considered more mature than anything I've seen in Sailor Moon.

Of course, Sailor Moon had the elements of homosexual characters, and death, as well. These may be considered too mature for kids but...I don't think so. There are plenty of things targeted at kids that have characters die. Plenty of Disney movies can be seen as an example. Homosexual characters aren't seen as often, though (it's been increasingly more implied, though, from what I've seen in some Western animation). Still, I don't see why this would be that big of a problem. Honestly, it's not like the characters are doing anything sexually explicit.

Anyway, I think this show is good for children. In both versions it promotes feminism and shows that women don't need to be saved; they can save themselves. And in the Original version, it shows children the reality of death (no, I'm not being morbid, I'm saying that it's realistic), and I think that it promotes open-mindedness with the homosexual characters. In the Original there is never any attempt to hide it or even any shame in it, which I think is an excellent thing to teach children.

Personally, if I had children, I would encourage them to watch the Original version of this show. No doubt.

Yeah I deffinately agree with you on this one.  Since I was two I've been watching Doctor Who and that has a lot of death in it (in three stories everybody except the regulars dies) and in the new version we have the bisexual Captain Jack Harkness, of course Doctor Who is British not American, I have a feeling that if SM had been dubbed by a British company (sadly I don't think any exist that dub Anime) it would probably remain the same as the original. 

cathgil

[16]Jan 11, 2010
    • level: 16
    MissMune wrote:

even in disney there are dirty jokes. this is from disney's kim possible: so the drama moive.

scientist: The brain-tap machine ready for prisoner.

Shego: There is no prisoner. go tap yourself

quite a shcock to have that be said on a tv show. a childernes tv show. parnets need to stop being so dubm too. there was an actrail awhile back parntes compling that CSI is not aproet for kds. well duh the show is tv-14.

they should just re-dubbed salior moon, don't take anything out and put it on dvd. that way those who have a proplum with it can't complane about it being on tv.