Primeval: New World Forums

Space (ended 2013)

Just caught up - midseason thoughts anyone? (spoilers through ep 8)

silverscreenluv

[1]Dec 30, 2012
    • level: 5

I'm generally ok with the new show, mostly because I like Niall from Eureka and Sara from TVD, but ep 8 was atrocious. THAT was the big reveal? That Mac was the one frozen. I knew that about five seconds after we saw that someone saved Evan from the dinosaur. As soon as I saw that it explained why Evan "mysteriously" went to England to knock on some delinquent's door to hire him. What a waste of an episode. They should've just shown his face from the beginning and then spent more time focusing on the reveal to MAC rather than the reveal to the audience, because we ALREADY KNOW. The only thing I'm mildly curious about is what's up with Leeds and his dino-bird hoarding. I hope this gets better. But even if it gets shittier I'll still watch it because it's sort of Primeval. I miss Conner though; Andrew needs to do some more guest appearances. I'd also like to move that we put the kibosh on drop-kicking dinosaurs. It was dumb when Abby did it and it was even dumber when Angie did it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

akyag

[2]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 3
    Yeah that was kind of disappointing.. Also since Angie was not in episode 9, I am wondering about when and how will she come back..

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[3]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 13
    I just finished watchng the first 5 episodes and I find there are some issues that are glaringly consistent from episode to episode. It seems like to me, this rendition of Primeval doesn't pay the same level of attention towards detail as the original. The way the team is being put together is a prime example. It is very unrealistic to me. There is nobody there with extensive military training other than the cooky guy from the government. It is like a Motley Crew of people, thrown together under unrealistic circumstances with totally irrelevant skill sets. The only team member that joined the team that somewhat legitimately makes sense is Dylan because of her knowledge about animals....Which also seems a little weird as she appears to know more about prehistoric animals than she does about modern day animals. This was made painfully evident when Mac's bootycall/girlfriend was hired by the team and subsequently killed. What qualifications did she have? What could she do for Evan? Chase down prehistoric animals in tight Leggons? Fight the monsters with her beauty??? Also, I find it so strange that in this show, they act like each anomoly is supposed to lead back to the same era. Just because an anomoly opens up in the same place, doesn't mean that it goes back to the same time. They are throwing prehistoric animals into anomolies that could potentially end up in the prehistoric's animal wrong era thus changing the time line. Does Toby's jeans have to be painted on every episode? I find that distracting sometimes. lol (Yea I am looking lol.) Finally, Evan Cross is supposed to be a genius but it seems like he has figured out very little about the anomolies and his team is very unqualified. I hope that as the series goes on, that changes.

TVanimal

[4]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 9

Having just reviewed episode 10, it's remarkable how little has changed so far as your comments all line up with what I had to say. I always love to mention the UK version and bringing Connor back isn't just to bridge the two but also to bring the show to more believable levels, even Abby (Hannah from S Club) would make sense in an appearance to help build a creature containment "zoo". I don't know why Connor would even make a weird spy appearance in the pilot only to disappear so abruptly.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[5]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 13
    TVanimal wrote:

Having just reviewed episode 10, it's remarkable how little has changed so far as your comments all line up with what I had to say. I always love to mention the UK version and bringing Connor back isn't just to bridge the two but also to bring the show to more believable levels, even Abby (Hannah from S Club) would make sense in an appearance to help build a creature containment "zoo". I don't know why Connor would even make a weird spy appearance in the pilot only to disappear so abruptly.

To be honest, I even had a little issue about Connor in this show. As I too would love to see him more, I am still wondering what was his first cameo appearance all about??!!?? Just to associate the other show to this one? He tells Evan Cross to leave anomolies alone. And who in the studio audience believed that Connor's plea would have been listened to and abided by Evan Cross??? His statement would only entice Evan to study anomolies more. Knowing that Evan probably will never listen, when Connor reappears in episode 12 , he better give Evan more details and facts about anomolies and maybe supply him with hi tech and help!

Also, why did it take Mac to say to Toby, "I need for you to research the company my other self works for "ARC"? Shouldn't that had been something that Evan Cross the genius should have thought about and done previously??? More than likely an Anomoly Research Center does exist and maybe Connor works for them still.