Primeval: New World Forums

Space (ended 2013)

Syfy burning off the season on Saturday...make sure your DVRs are clear

dh4645

[1]Aug 7, 2013
    • level: 15

Syfy burning off the season on Saturday...make sure your DVRs are clear

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ndrose

[2]Aug 10, 2013
    • level: 7

So why are they doing that? Is this the end of Primeval: New World.

sleekotter

[3]Aug 10, 2013
    • level: 1
    On Direct TV the Season Finale is listed as The Great Escape. DVR's will have to manually record it or they won't get it.

[4]Aug 11, 2013
    • level: 3

TiVo with TWC did the same thing. Damn near missed the second part of 12 since TiVo thought it was a dup. Did miss 8 & 9 since SyFy preempted 8 twice and then TWC did something to BOTH my cable cards just before 8 started. Was rewatching previous episodes at the time so did not discover till 45 mins into 9. :-| Generally when SyFy burns off episodes like this it means the series is done. Damn shame. If all of the episodes had been like 12 there would be no thought of cancellation. Or episode 1 was available on-line before 2 aired to explain a lot of what was going on to those that missed 1. Or SyFy had not kept preempting it...... But then what do you expect from a channel proud of Sharknado? We need the Sci-Fi channel back!!!!!!

cowboy2831

[5]Aug 11, 2013
    • level: 16

I was excited when I heard this series was coming to SyFy...until I read shortly before the first episode that it had been cancelled by the Canadian network it had previously aired on. Being a huge fan of the original, I expected a bit more than this show delivered. And then of course it ends with a cliffhanger. Hopefully the rumors are true that the original will have another season, but I'm not holding my breath.

saizen33

[6]Aug 18, 2013
    • level: 7

Syfy sure has been moving the show around a lot, too. It's almost like they refuses to promote their own show. It wasshownat 9 pm EST on Saturday, but it was never repeated at 11 pm (like Syfy does with all of their other shows). Then, a repeat was shown on Monday night, and then that wasn't shown after awhile either. I also bugs me that one can't watch the episodes on Syfy.com or on hulu.com.

Anyway, I recently received mySci fimagazine (October 2013) and in it there is a two page article about the show. On the front of the magazine it is listed: spotlight on fallTV and below that it lists Continuum and Primeval: New World. So, I don't know. Is it coming back or not??

JasmineHR

[7]Aug 18, 2013
    • level: 35
    Crap!! I missed the very last episode of the series! I was looking for the title as shown on the title list and didn't see it. Just now saw above that it had a different name. That sucks!! Guess I have to try to find it online.