Primeval Forums

ITV (ended 2011)

New Season For Primeval (Sort Of)

GlenKimberley

[1]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 5

Whilst surfing the Interweb in search of any news of a Season 6 return of Primeval, I stumbled across the following piece reported by Bell Media that SPACE,Canada's national science fiction, horror and fantasy channel, has ordered 13x1 hour episodes of the crossover series PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD. A new stand alone series with different characters but set in the Primeval Universe

Condensed version from Bell Media:

Toronto, on September 15, 2011 SPACE announced today that it has ordered the new original drama series PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD. The 13-episode, one-hour scripted action/adventure drama is a new Canadian series that builds on the mythology of the U.K. hit, PRIMEVAL. Production begins in Vancouver this winter.

PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD.....something completely unique that's darker and scarier than the current U.K. series. At the same time, story and character development will move between the two series, uniting different plotlines.

..............a parallel yet independent series that will appeal to existing fans and new audiences, ....while including some favourite elements from the original U.K. Primeval.

My understanding is that PRIMEVAL (UK) is likely to be renewed for a 6th season but that Connor and Abby may well not return, which would be a shame.

This new version does look interesting though and if they really do make it darker and scarier it would certainly have broader appeal as well as maintaining the original Primeval fanbase.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Clemontine

[2]Feb 14, 2012
    • level: 23
    It would make sense. I always wondered why there were only anomalies in England. But S6 without Connor and Abby is unacceptable. It got worse without Claudia or Jenny, then worse without Cutter. Connor and Abby are the main reason why I watch it now! Connor is in my top 5 TV characters of all time.

Cranky_Old_Batt

[3]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 6

Found this Googling for info. Niall Matter will be the lead in the new show.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[4]May 16, 2012
    • level: 13
    GlenKimberley wrote:

Whilst surfing the Interweb in search of any news of a Season 6 return of Primeval, I stumbled across the following piece reported by Bell Media that SPACE,Canada's national science fiction, horror and fantasy channel, has ordered 13x1 hour episodes of the crossover series PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD. A new stand alone series with different characters but set in the Primeval Universe

Condensed version from Bell Media:

Toronto, on September 15, 2011 SPACE announced today that it has ordered the new original drama series PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD. The 13-episode, one-hour scripted action/adventure drama is a new Canadian series that builds on the mythology of the U.K. hit, PRIMEVAL. Production begins in Vancouver this winter.

PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD.....something completely unique that's darker and scarier than the current U.K. series. At the same time, story and character development will move between the two series, uniting different plotlines.

..............a parallel yet independent series that will appeal to existing fans and new audiences, ....while including some favourite elements from the original U.K. Primeval.

My understanding is that PRIMEVAL (UK) is likely to be renewed for a 6th season but that Connor and Abby may well not return, which would be a shame.

This new version does look interesting though and if they really do make it darker and scarier it would certainly have broader appeal as well as maintaining the original Primeval fanbase.

When you say the new version does look interesting, did you see a preview? See pics? If yes, do you have the link?

Thanks in advance!