Princess Nine

Nippon Television Network Corporation (ended 1998)

spacedkane

Princess Nine Fan Reviews (3)

7.2
  • A friend turned me on to this title and I finally got to finish it.

If you're expecting the cutesy girl's anime that everyone has so come to recognize from a title like this, you're only half correct. Princess Nine is a story of growing up and surviving high school--and all the drama that goes along with it.

Each of the nine girls get their time in the spotlight and yet each of them retain some flatness. There simply were not enough episodes for full characterization. However! Each of the characters were lovable in her own way, and that made the series that much more enjoyable. The storyline was somewhat compelling; I did find myself rooting for them in the end despite the predictability. Just glad to see that Ryo and Takasugi finally got together.

Pretty good in my opinion; 9/10.
  • Princess Nine is about a fifteen yr. old girl named Ryo Hayakawa, who is the daughter of a famous pitcher who died after a tragedy of being accused of stealing money. But throughout her first year on a girls' baseball team, she goes through romance, press

This anime is my personal favorite. I am a huge baseball fan, so you will understand why. It isn't just baseball. It is an adventure, comedy, everything but adult. When I want to watch baseball before the season starts, I just pop in the DVD. It has even inspired me to be what I am, a softball player.
  • Stunning story telling even if the animation is a little off.

I haven't seen more then five episodes and I am absolutely in love. The animaiton got on my nerves at first but the characters are real girls, and no matter what type of perosn you are you can find a connection to one of the 9 team members.
    At first glance it appears to be osmehting built for sports fans but even if you know nothing about baseball you will adore this show. The girls kicking the guys butts, the amazingly complicated love triangle, the sense of mystery as you try to unreavel past conflicts and actions that highly effect the characters in the show.
    This should not be over looked because it is absolutly amazing.