Prison Break

Boxed In

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 14, 2008 on FOX

• This episode presented some flaws using the technique â€" all can end today â€" like any other episode, all go back to where it belongs, like nothing happened. But at least, this episode had some quality.

Presentation Phase - » (8/10). The presentation was interesting, but could be better â€" “He is finishedâ€�.

Complication Phase - » (8/10). To make is way out, Michael has to tell all the truth, but if he do that, LJ can be in danger, but Michael has no choice, seems very interesting, this technique â€" all can end today â€" was well applied again, but had some flaws. Sucre gets himself in another trouble. Whistler are making things worse, since he is accepting Mahone and T-bag for the break squad. Bellick created for himself another problem

Climax Phase - » (6/10). When Whistler, Michael and Gretchen are in the same room, but this could be better, I was Unable to consider this something serious or with high tension.

Ending - » (7/10). Interesting ending, but could be better.

Time and Scene Management - » (7/10). There are some setups, Bellick scenes were relevant and will be more in the next episode, Mahone too, but this guard chief seemed pure filler and it was all for nothing.

Plot Details/Holes- » (6/10). The torture applied was a bad Joke, only Michael torture seemed difficult to overcome. How Gretchen had that Knife and Why the Guard chief was only accompanied by one guard only is another mystery for the writing staff.

Details/Progress (To point A to B) -» (6/10).Michael goes back to Sona and Sucre meeting with Gretchen.

Suspense/Tension - » (7/10)*2. Normal tension.

Drama - » (8/10). Mahone junkie was a nice touch, Lincoln and LJ reunion was nice too.

What I liked -» Mahone and Bellick scenes.

What I Didn´t Liked -» Hard to say.

• Awesome.

Newly appointed General Zavala takes control of Sona, by taking Michael out of it. Sucre and Linc have plans to get more money; Bellick gets into an argument with the wrong inmate; and Susan finds herself in an unexpected place. Sammy receives a gift. Another awesome episode from tv hit show Prison Break. I love the way Michael is boxed in no mans land, it is awesome. Oh and he loooks so hot, but shh. I love the new general, a love the storyline and they get Susan and it all goes wrong. When Michael says he is coming after her, I always get a a weird feeling inside me, I get all excited. He is going to kill her even if she didn't kill Sara. I love this episode though.
  • Awesome.

• Much to like but

Much to like but the whole outcome being the General`s death felt off.
    At Sona, General Zavala, who has replaced Colonel Escamilla, interrogates Michael about who sent the helicopters. Michael refuses to comply, and as a result is put into the hot box, a cage wrapped with plastic in the middle of No Man's Land. Lechero, T-Bag, Whistler, and McGrady, all watching from inside the prison, realize Michael is in trouble.

Lincoln is released from the hospital and met by Sofia, who confides to Lincoln that she doesn't trust Whistler any more. Suddenly, Susan arrives and kidnaps Lincoln, telling Sofia to go home. Susan takes Lincoln to LJ, giving them one minute together in order to keep Lincoln motivated. Lincoln whispers to LJ that the next time he sees him, LJ shouldn't take his eyes off him, and he'll tell him what to do.

A sorrowful Lang returns Mahone to Sona. She gives him a silver half-dollar which was a good luck piece that used to belong to her father. Inside, Whistler promises Mahone he'll be included in an escape plan with Lechero. Meanwhile, Bellick makes a mistake and antagonizes Octavio, one of Sammy's new recruits, leading him to throw down the chicken foot.

At a bus stop near Sona, Sucre is surprised to find Augusto, who has another delivery for him to smuggle inside Sona. He explains that he will not offer money; however, he pulls a gun on Sucre when he refuses. As Sucre arrives at work, Zavala is ordering a guard to take Michael a tiny cup of water. The guard doesn't want to do it, so Sucre volunteers. Michael, somewhat incoherent and on the verge of heat stroke, tells Sucre to leave, and never come back, but Sucre doesn't listen.

Lechero, along with Whistler try to dig up through the secret tunnel. They realize that they need Michael's engineering expertise so it won't collapse. T-Bag sees them sneak out of Lechero's room, past Sammy, and realizes they're working together.

Michael finally confesses to Zavala that he's been planning an escape since he arrived; he's taken back to Zavala's office for questioning. Michael tells him everything that he can. Zavala isn't sure he believes him, but Michael pleads for LJ's sake to listen to him.

T-Bag tells Whistler he's noticed that he and Lechero have been working together, and suggests it's time to kill Sammy, as Sammy is a threat to everyone in the prison. Meanwhile, Cristobal tries to convince Sammy it's time to kill Lechero. Later, T-Bag tells Mahone to challenge Sammy to a fight and kill him and in return, T-Bag will supply Mahone with heroin. Mahone ultimately refuses, choosing to go through the withdrawal.

Sucre tells Lincoln he can't quit his job at Sona; stating he has to provide money for his kid to Maricruz, unless Lincoln can help him out. Lincoln is annoyed; Sucre knows he doesn't have any money to spare. Sucre implies he won't help Lincoln any more; after which, Lincoln walks out on him. An operative from the Company overhears the conversation.

Zavala reads Mahone's testimony about the Company conspiracy in the news papers, and begins to believe Michael. Zavala pressures him to give up Whistler's name, promising he will protect LJ if Michael does so. Meanwhile, Sofia visits Whistler and confronts him about the apartment. Whistler says those fake IDs are so he can get away, with her. He tells her there's a man she can go see that has a fake passport for her as well, in the name of Estelle Linarte. She visits the man, who gives her an envelope.

Zavala interrogates Whistler. When Whistler won't talk, Zavala threatens to torture him. Whistler confesses, but says nobody else is involved. Michael tells Whistler to tell the whole truth. Whistler finally gives up the name Gretchen Morgan. Meanwhile, Susan meets with Sucre and offers him a job, using his anger at Lincoln as leverage. Sucre meets with Lincoln, saying his plan worked.

Michael calls Lincoln to find out when and where he's next meeting Gretchen, and tells Lincoln to tell her that all is going as planned.

As Lincoln meets with Gretchen, Zavala enters to arrest her. Lincoln is stunned and swears to Gretchen that he had nothing to do with this. At Sona, Gretchen denies all knowledge. Zavala begins to torture her via waterboarding. She is able to withstand the torture, which only serves to prove her guilt as Zavala realizes only someone who had previously been through it could withstand it. Finally, Gretchen admits she's not in charge; her job is just "babysitting" LJ. Just before she is hauled away, Michael asks her if she was the one who killed Sarah, as Gretchen replies that she doesn't know what he's talking about, he whispers to her that he's going to get her for killing Sara.

Bellick, preparing for his fight with Octavio, sneaks into the prison barber's room, and wraps torn scraps of cloth around his knuckles and stuffs tissue up his nostrils. During the fight, Octavio hits him many times, but Bellick stuffs his wrapped hands around Octavio's face, rendering him delirious. Bellick then hits him multiple times, killing him. The crowd of prisoners goes wild, cheering for him. T-Bag realizes that Bellick dosed the knuckle wraps with acetone.

Sammy and Augusto meet at visitation. Augusto tells Sammy it's time for him to take over from Lechero, and to open the latest package he's had Sucre smuggle in.

Gretchen leads Zavala to the hideout, which has already been abandoned. She then gets the drop on Zavala, kills him, and then calls Lincoln. Meanwhile, Zavala's replacement, General Mestas, arrives at Sona and throws Michael and Whistler back into the prison which relieves Lechero, which Sammy notices.

Sammy opens the smuggled package, a gun. Loading the gun, Sammy prepares to take out Lechero.
  • Great!

Great Episode. I loved how Gretchen killed the 2 men and the quotation that Micheal asked Gretchen was it you did you kill sara, i'm coming for you. i loved that phrase and this is another prison break episode that i love. it's amazing to see the show going so well and i also feel lucky that i have the ability to watch such a show. i love prison break and i hope it will never stop. i can not wait for the next season in September and i hope it will not be the last as many say. Prison Break ROCKS!
  • This episode was great but why didn't Michael slive up his shirt or take it of when he was in the box!? I whant to se those hot tatoos

This episode was great but why didn't Michael slive up his shirt or take it of when he was in the box!? I whant to se those hot tatoos. Did anyone notice that the lamp that was in Mr savalls office on the table, the lamp was green and was used in season one too!? when Michael was in the cort, next to the judge there was a lamp looking exact the same. And the movie "the gravedancers" were Dominc Purcells in, they had one of those green lamps too!! Thats cind of creepy... :S Love Prison Break and all characters! /Iqfree
  • I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

7.8
    I just found this episode confusing on what Michael's intentions were, but other than that, it was a pretty solid episode.

When Michael brought Whistler in for questioning, I wonder if he really wanted Gretchen to come in, and if he did, was it because it would help him escape? Well if it was, everything failed and it nearly gave Lincoln a heart attack because who knows what that crazy b*tch would do to LJ.

Gretchen is starting to grow on me. Other than the fact that the actress plays the character very well, the personality of this very evil and manipulative character is very enticing as well. I loved how she acted like she knew nothing to the general throughout the second half of the episode and that phone call to Lincoln after she had finally broke free was priceless.
  • great episode

Scofield is taken to solitary confinement. He refuses to talk about what he knows of the helicopter rescue that failed. Scofield finally gives in and tells the warden the truth about what is happening. The general brings in a fellow inmate to help corroborate what he is saying. scofield successfully make his escape buddy give up the real name of susan b. it gives him some kind of knowledge of how he can go after her when he escapes sona. it's a really cool episode, the writers kept the tension going. the story is just awesome, each minute was not wasted on overexposition.
  • What a great episode!

At the start of this episode when Michael was in the "hot-box" I thought he looked gorgeous! Enough of that though..now to the episode!

I wanted Mike to tell Zavala about Susan/Gretchin the whole time. I mean it's not exactly going to hurt him and he wont be getting into trouble, James and Gretchin would. Not exactly the ending I hoped for, I mean with LJ still being with HER. OMG Linc's face when Susan was taken away! He must of been craping himself. Haha James tried denying that stuff with Mike and Susan but in the end Zavala had done his research on Linc in America and the court case over there. At least he did his job. Omg that tourture thingy broke her, I thought she would of kept her mouth shut till she died. But then she killed Zavala and his man. CRAP!!

The good thing is that Mike is back in Sona and not in that "hot-box" anymore. 105 degrees!! I would of passed out! Why would he tell Sucre to leave him? I'd take all the help I could get. And I loved what Mike said to Whistler, "Tell her I'll do it but when we get out I consider you collateral". Great stuff!! And what he said to Susan, "Were you the one?" Susan- "I have no idea what your talking about" Mike- "I'm coming for you!!"....And her face! She actually looked scared for a split second. I wonder if she just put it on!!

We will find out!!
  • I enjoyed it a lot.

The episode picked up right where the previous one ended as Scofield is send to Sona`s solitary confinement. He talked and the general looked like he could help Scofield. Too bad he is dead now, he was interesting. Mahone returns to Sona and looks like he wants to stop taking drugs, much to the despise of T-Bag. Talking of T-Bag, looks like we are back with the manipulative classic T-Bag, great!! Major character development for Bellick, this is actually the first guy he killed. Outside Sona, interesting storyline as Linc and Sucre outsmart Susan and there is an small thing building up between Linc and Sofia. By the end it seems that Lechero reign over Sona is reaching its dead point.
    Overall however, there is no big plot advancer but that don`t mean that the episode was not great because for sure it was awesome. Also the episode adds more intensity and stakes to the story and I cannot wait for more.
  • Lot of tension.

For the entire third season of Fox's jailbreak adrenaline rush, the brothers Lincoln Burrows (Dominic Purcell) and Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) have been getting their ass kicked by the Corporation, by prison inmates and by the Panama heat. Finally, someone gets a little bit on their own and yes I'm talking about Susan B (Jodi Lyn O'Keefe) that sure in the end gets the last word but seeing her get water-boarded was some sweet revenge.
    What was more interesting was seeing that Whistler (Chris Vance) easily gave her up in what appears to be a move that neither helps nor hurts him given he's the one The Company wants. But for Scofield, it was the first chance for him to look into the eyes of Sarah's killer and tell her "I'm coming for you." Yeah, don't piss off Scofield, just look at Mahone (William Fichtner) that having been checked back into Sona and has decided to finally end his drug habit the hard way cold turkey. Which is bad timing for T-Bag (Robert Knepper) that needs to get Lechero's (Robert Wisdom) first in command out of the way before he takes out Lechero and shortly thereafter takes out T-Bag. But when Bellick (Wade Williams) defeats a thug in the death ring, T-Bag's plans might be back in action.
    Good Episode but nothing really happens that add to the escape.
  • Bellick was the best thing in this episode :D

Michael, handcuffed, is leaded away, while Whistler, Lechero, T-Bag, McGrady and Bellick are watching. General Zavala in his office is informing Michael that coroner Escamilla has been replaced, as he was not an effective leader. Michael, watching in disbelief, denies that he had anything to do with the escape attempt, but general Zavala does not buy it. He escorts Michael out of his office, giving him one last chance to talk, but Michael refuses to talk. They put him in a hotbox, a shrink foiled cage outside Sona. In this confined space, with no water, he will have a hard time under the cruel, hot Panama sun. Lechero already considers him as finished.

Alex is back at Sona, and in an emotional goodbye Lang gives him a silver coin that belonged to her father and he carried it with him every day, for good luck - OK, is she in love with him? Because that's how it appears. As we walks in, he looks at Michael in the cage, and I imagine he understands that the escape failed and now he has one more chance to get out of there. Whistler assures Alex that he won't leave without him, while Lechero is watching closely. Bellick tries to get information from T-Bag about the escape, and he is confident that Michael will surely have a plan to break out. When an inmate pukes, Caveman Octavio asks Bellick to clean it up, but he denies. He is definitely looking for trouble, and he gets it later on. He finds the chicken foot on his cell, and asks Lechero to cancel this unreasonable fight, but without any luck.

Lincoln and Sofia are talking about the failed attempt, when Susan appears and commands Lincoln into her car. (By the way, what was this bandage Lincoln had on his left arm? we didn't see him getting injured). They take him to the hut where they keep his son. Susan wants him to be still motivated and gives him one minute with LJ. One minute, and what we get? A very calm LJ saying coldly to Lincoln that the company follows him everywhere, they know each move he makes, and that Susan is crazy, as she cut Sara's head off. He had his eyes closed but he heard it. Oh, come on now, how could one "hear" a head that's been cut off? He could hear screams, but how on earth did he know that Susan beheaded Sara when his eyes were closed? This scene did not convince me at all. If I was an occasional viewer and didn't follow the story closely, I would suspect that LJ is not on his father's side, but works for the company - weird, crazy, I know, but that's how the acting showed LJ's character. Lincoln assures his son that they will do whatever they have to, to get him free.

"Next time they meet", he says, "look into my eyes and I will tell you what to do".

Michael is checking his watch, and looks around at the Sona premises and the guard's tower. The sun is very hot now, and he suffers, not having any shade to get cover. But despite all the heat, he keeps his long-sleeved shirt on, and we don't get to see his tattoos.

Augusto asks Sucre one more special delivery he cannot deny. Sucre arrives on time in Sona and volunteers to take to Michael one small cup of water. A desperate Michael asks him to do anything to protect LJ. Sucre tells him he is sorry about Sara, and he will try to sneak in some more water. Tears are running on Michael's face and he tells him to quit. "We all have to quit some time", he says. Michael has done much about Sucre and he wants to help him any way he can, but Michael urges him to go.

Lechero and Whistler are trying to pry open the roof in the underground passage, following the plan Michael had before the helicopter attempt. It is obvious that they need his help. Without him the whole thing could collapse on their heads.

T-Bag tries to strengthen his position and gets rid of Sammy, and makes a deal with Whistler to get his opponent out of picture. I think he tries to be the new Sona boss.

General Zavala tempts again Michael to talk. He tells him that every day will be hotter, and in no more than 3 days he will be dead. He can help him, he says, but Michael insists that he doesn't know anything about these people - the company. Then, general tell him about the drug king with his army of people, who murdered anyone that stood against him and how he got arrested no matter how powerful he was. This man was Lechero. A thoughtful, desperate and resigned Michael, breaks and tells Savala that from the moment he got in Sona he'd been planning his escape. The guards get him out of the box, and McGrady tells Whistler that Michael is talking, because there is no other way of getting out.

In general's office, with the air-condition in full power, Michael informs Zavala about everything he wants to know. He gives away Whistler's name when Zavala assures him that he will help in finding LJ. General is probably convinced by Michael's story.

Whistler meets Sofia, and she demands the truth. He tries to make excuses, and claims that he loves her, when the guards take him and escort him to general's office. Zavala interrogates him, and Whistler initially denies everything, but in the prospect of torture he spills everything out. General Zavala makes the two men confront each other, and Michael demands to know who was the woman Whistler met in a previous visit. He is angry - the first time we see him so angry - and shouts to Whistler to tell the name of that woman. Finally Whistler says 'Gretchen Morgan' and by the time Michael hears this name he knows this is the woman who's responsible for Sara's death. Whistler says he doesn't know where Susan lives, so Michael asks Zavala to make a phone call. He asks his brother where his next meeting with her is. Now they have her location.

Lincoln gets furious with Sucre about not quitting the job at Sona, and learns the news about Michael's difficult current position. Lincoln feels that everything is falling apart. Later on they have a fight in hotel's lobby about money; a company's man hears and calls Susan to inform her.

T-Bag tries to convince Alex to get involved in a chicken foot fight with Sammy, where he will do his thing with the neck.

Susan meets Sucre in a bar and tells him she knows about his fight with Lincoln. She offers him 50 grand just to stay and help her with Lincoln, because he is hard to handle.

Sammy receives his special package that is a gun, while Alex is suffering with withdrawal symptoms, and refuses to take T-Bag's "medicine". He just holds on to that silver coin Lang gave him.

We find out that the fight between Lincoln and Sucre was a fake one they fabricated between them, for Susan to bite. On the meeting Lincoln has with Susan he gives her Michael's message that everything goes as planned, but then general Savala with his men appear and arrest her, while Lincoln is shouting to her that he has nothing to do with it. General interrogates Susan, and when she plays the innocent cat, he tortures her. He understands that this is not the first time she undergoes something like that. General takes into the interrogation room Whistler and Michael, and while Susan says she's never seen them before, Michael calls her a liar because she saw her visit Whistler. At the point of general's gun Whistler confesses that Susan was behind the helicopter escape attempt. Susan says that she is only the babysitter and has nothing to do with all that, and offers to take them where they held LJ. Now, surely Whistler knows that this is not the case, but he says nothing. As Michael is escorted again out of the room he asks Susan if she is behind Sara's death. She is playing again the innocent, but can't fool Michael.

"I'm coming for you!" he declares, and the way he is staring at her reveals that he means it 100%.

On the fight, Bellick plays a bad trick to Caveman as he dips pieces of cloth to acetone he finds in a painter's room, and wraps his fists with them. He forces Caveman to breathe in the cloth, and when he gets dizzy, he punches him to death. T-Bag finds out his dirty trick.

Susan takes general to the shack, but it is empty. They have already moved LJ. She grabs the opportunity and kills the guard and general Savala in a pretty easy way. If general understood how dangerous these people were, why did he take only one man with him? why didn't he ask for any back ups? He surely didn't arrest Lechero this way.

The new man in charge, general Mestas, informs Whistler and Michael that Zavala was found dead, and orders them back at prison. Michael requests from Lechero his mobile and calls Lincoln, asking how is LJ. For the time being he is fine. An inmate asks Sammy to do something because sooner or later he will be taking orders from Scofield. Sammy feels the pressure as Augusto too asks him to take care of Lechero and be in charge. Michael has big suspicions about Whistler, and asks him how a fisherman happens to know so much about the company. Whistler requests what Michael's answer will be when Susan comes back; will he help him out?

"You can tell her the answer is yes. But once we're out I consider you collateral. Nothing more."

One thing is made clear here; Michael has changed, and now he has no moral limitations about killing and hurting people. As I said before, after Sara's death this was the only path he could take.
  • Set-up episode.

After raising the suspicions of the Panamanian Army, Michael experiences solitary Sona style. Bellick has the fight of his life and Susan sets her sights on Sucre as T-Bag schemes his way into the escape.
    -------------------
    It was good again but mainly set up. The best part of the episode was Bellick`s fight. T-Bag was great too. Michael`s story with that general turned out to be a drag but it was thrilling to see Susan get tortured as the mystery around Whistler increases.
    Looks like Sucre and Linc has some good plan to fool Susan.
    Sammy gets a gun as Lechero`s days as the King of Sona seems to be numbered.
  • Zavala want answers from Michael.

Michael"s subjected to the hot box -- a big cage swaddled in plastic wrap -- for all of, like, ten minutes before he folds like a T-shirt fresh from the dryer and begins telling all to General Zavala, the idealistic crusader who took down Lechero and will usher in a new day of law and order. Zavala drags in Whistler, and then it"s only a matter of time before Whistler"s rolled over on Susan B. (a.k.a. "Gretchen"). Zarala brings Susan B. over to Sona, and before you can say "Waterboarding!" -- well, he"s done it, but she"s ostensibly given up LJ"s location.

Of course, Susan B."s merely leading Zarala to a secluded area so she can take him out and resume her duties as the emotionally unbalanced cat"s-paw of the One World Conspiracy. Also, so far as she"s concerned: torture, schmorture. She"s a credit to the administration.

Meanwhile, Linc and Sucre scheme to make Susan B. think Sucre"s working for her. Watching them plot is sort of like watching monkeys discovering fire, but I look forward to seeing how this backfires on them in the next four episodes.

And finally, inside the prison: Well, Mahone"s back, and after a sweetly emotional send-off from Agent Lang, he keeps the faith with her by spurning T-Bag"s offer of free dope for life and clicking to her lucky coin as he goes through withdrawal. I should probably mention that T-Bag"s free-dope-for-life offer came with one big string attached: throw down the chicken foot with Sammy. Given a choice between that and withdrawal, I would have chosen the latter as well. Anyhoodle, Bellick also goes into the ring, cheats, and manages to live. T-Bag is like, "I must remember Bellick"s new skills, and use them in my future machinations." Oh, scheme away, T-Bag. Scheme away!
  • Boxed in!

Michael finds himself in solitary confinement and must talk his way out. His interlocutor: Sona's new commanding officer. Meanwhile, Susan B. finds a way to keep Linc motivated; Lang has a parting gift for Mahone; Sucre makes another delivery to Sona and Susan B. makes him an offer; T-Bag makes Whistler an offer and Sofia confronts him; Bellick's refusal to mop up a mess puts him in a very messy situation; and a mysterious American woman travels to Panama to see Michael.
    The storyline of the episode was itself very well constructed and very interesting. Every commercial break was a great cliff-hanger. It made me so nervous, during the last break I was convinced LJ was going to get killed at the end of the episode. What a relief it was to know he's safe (for now). And Sammy's finally going to take control of Sona, I just can't wait to see how this is going to end up.
  • An episode that sets-up the remaining one.

The third season of Prison Break was cut short due to the writers strike. As a result, the season will contain only 13 episodes. :(
    So with only 4 episodes remaining (boxed in excluded), this episode had to set up the remaining one. The most important thing to se4t up: Breaking out is the only option.
    However in the episode, Michael did try to get help from Zavala who en up dead. We also have more proof that Whistler had many thing to hide. The most interesting character in this episode was Bellick IMO. Nice fight! He is hilarious!T-Bag was also very sneaky, which i love.
    Great episode and breaking out is in fact the only option!
  • General Zavala takes things in hand.

• Solitary confinement for Scofield.

The ep kicked off with Scofield getting taken out of Sona, so he could get grilled about The Company and its attack on the prison.

Instead of cooperating, Scofield got put in the "hot box," which appeared to be chicken wire coated in Saran Wrap. Maybe if he had removed his long-sleeved shirt, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Instead of sweating it out, Scofield sang like a caged canary... well, until he got out of that cage. He spilled the whole story about The Company to the fuzz, so if you missed this season, it might have been a good time to catch up. Sadly, the guard found Schofield's story to be unbelievable. Hey -- who doesn't?

To help verify the story, he also ratted out Whistler, who was less cooperative. That would have been fine and dandy if Whistler had any sort of threshold for pain. Apparently just straps freak him out, because he caved -- sort of. He copped to working with Scofield, and gave up Gretchen (last name: Morgan) without even a getting as much as a wedgie.

Just when Susan B/Gretchen was showing that she has somewhat of a heart... sure, she cut off Sara's head without even blinking, but she did let Linc see LJ for a split second. She also tried to get Sucre involved in her evil doings. And evil she is... and apparently some sort of Black Belt.

The police may have believed that she was just a lackey or a "baby-sitter" -- at least before she blew holes in them. However, Scofield does not fool so easily. He warned her, "I'm coming for you." When? I need to set my TiVo!

T-Bag was still lurking and creepy, but looked like he may have visited the Sona barber. He also wants in on the break. Maybe he knows that's the key to more screen time. This somehow involved a weird deal with Whistler to get rid of Sammy. The love triangle also included a very sweaty Mahone.

Mahone came back and was the sweatiest I've ever seen him -- and he wasn't even in the hot box. That kind of sweating is what Emmys are made of. There was no welcome wagon... only T-Bag. How many people has T-Bag killed in the past two seasons? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that needs someone else to do his dirty work.

Bellick was back to his old self: a jerk. His attitude got him the chicken foot this time. However, he actually ruled the roost... by cheating. Hey, it's Sona. Can you blame him?

The end saw Scofield and Whistler back on the inside and Lechero's days numbered. He's not the only one. And will Sophia and Linc eventually get it on? Hey -- she's cute and her boyfriend is an obvious scumbag.
  • mikes in the hotbox, and only the truth can set him free im comin for ya

Unbelievable! shot calla big thumbs up ta tha drug deala classic prison break episode - less action, more suspensizzles off ta **** lyn okeefe in this episode - she steals tha **** amaz'n!�! "i dont kizzy any james.. wilson." lmao

locked up in a solitizzles michael takes a desperate measure ta git out. when playa gretchen, n bellicks lives wizzle hang'n on tha thread, tizzle decided ta play S-M-to-tha-izzart. sucres dizzle witta devil leads him ta a deal hustla. t-bag earns himself a satisfy'n handshakes wit whistla but finds his playa rappa rejected by a strong- willed mahone and yo momma. sammy gots a new gizzift from augusto that may jeopardize tha escape in all flavas.
  • Hot Box

• "I`m coming for you"

Good Episode but nothing really happens that add to the escape.
  • It was mainly to set up one fact: Escape is inevitable.

And we're back at Sona, as Michael is hauled off for questioning in the matter of the latest failed break attempt. The new General is prepared to go to any lengths to get answers, and Michael is confined to a hothouse in the Panamanian sun as Mahone is returned to the prison.

Inside, Bagwell cuts a deal with Whistler to be included in the break plans. For his part, Bagwell will have someone do away with Lechero's lieutenant, Sami, who is becoming tired of being second in command. Bagwell first approaches Mahone, who refuses. But when Bellick is challenged to a fight and responds by basically poisoning his opponent, Bagwell seems to have a new candidate.

Outside, Gretchen arranges for a brief meeting between Linc and LJ to keep Linc motivated. As Sucre laments his financial situation, she approaches him with an offer for him to stay close to Linc, but it turns out to be just a ploy.

In exchange for getting out of the box, Michael tells the General his story, including Whistler's part in the break attempt. Whistler names Gretchen, and she is brought in for questioning (Central American style), which makes the General suspicious of her background. She offers to take him to where LJ is held, but once there, she gets the drop on him and his men and kills them.

Sucre is asked to smuggle something else into the prison, but when he asks the price, his benefactor lets him know that payment will not be the motivation any more. Sucre smuggles in the package, which ends up in Sami's cell. This time, it is a gun, and it is Sami's way to eliminate Lechero.

Overall, a good return to the airwaves, but it's just to set the table for things to come over the next episodes.
  • Scofield is boxed in and only the truth can set him free.

In the first of five new episodes of Prison Break, Scofield is sent to solitary confinement in what the prisoners refer to as a "hot box." It's a painful experience for Michael, enough for him to realize that the only way out of his latest life-threatening situation is to tell the newly appointed prison general everything. It's a dangerous risk – admitting that he's plotting his escape, and revealing the purpose behind his attempt.
    Overall, this turned out to be another gripping episode with tons of stuff all happening at the same time. Other than the looming confrontation between Sammy and Lechero, everything seemed to sort of return back to square one at the end. The inmates are all back in prison, Gretchen's back in power, and the escape is still on. Still it was filler but highly entertaining.
  • A circle, but it was cool.

So, it's finally back, only for five episodes, but at least it's back. When we last saw our heroes, Michael was being escorted out of the prison after two failed prison breaks one of his doing and one by Gretchen. The new General has put together the events and determined that Michael is in fact the cause of the attempted escapes. This early sequence in the episode is the weakest of the season with Michael eventually (after some time in a hot chicken coop) spilling his guts about everything that's happened to him including LJ's kidnapping and even who he has been sent in to break out. Somehow, the General is able to verify enough of Michael's story to believe him. Where did the General get his information? This is lazy writing. Why should this General believe any of this ridiculous story? At any rate, Whistler is brought in and he gives up Gretchen. This does lead to one of the cooler new elements of the story, the wedge driven between Michael and Linc. Michael does care about LJ but his new focus is getting revenge on Gretchen. He even tricks Linc at one point to making him believe that the plan is moving forward when in fact the General is on his way to arrest Gretchen. The scene between Gretchen and Linc where she says "I'm coming for you" was just classic Rambo fun.
    Cool episode.
  • I have to wonder what the point of this episode was.

Although I do love Prison break, this episode became just a bit predictable.

We went a few months before finding out what happened to Michael after Whistlers attempted escape. I'd imagined that maybe they took him to a different prison, and that the people left in Sona would have to escape on their own. But after realising that they just wanted Michael to talk, I began feeling a little dissapointed. It also became very predictable when the guard said that he'd be going for a drive with Gretchen - I knew as soon as he said that that he'd end up dead. Don't these people learn?! Don't take the enemy with you! Also, it was too good to be true that Michael was beginning to earn the guards trust - because now that he's dead he's back to square one: In Sona. I have to wonder what the point of this episode was.
  • Michael is making friends with the prison director, just like the first season, just that this time it makes no sense. "You killed Sarah? I´m going after you." The episodes are so bad that even our nice, I´ll-never-kill-anybody Michael is getting mean.

I think they should do the same with the writers as they did with Sarah!! How could they possibly ruin the show this way??? I watched the whole first season in one week on DVD because it was so very good I just couldn´t leave it, the second one... well it took me a month, but I didn´t expect it to be better than the first one... all in all it was okey, still worth watchin but THIS one... a real shame.Probably the last chapter I ever see, they just have no plan whatsoever, no plot, no story... nothing but the pretty Michael.
  • You got to fight for your right!

I'd rather watch "Prison Break" over "Dance Wars." You can watch "Dance Wars" all you want, but I'd rather watch this intense prision drama about another escape attempt. I don't know how many episodes there are left before the season finale, but I hope thgere are some on hand. Michael is being put in solitary. He's in a hothouse, which looks like it been covered with wrap. But neverless, Michael is in the oven being heated up. At least he'd survived and is returned to the prison where a fight broke out involving Bellick. He won the fight with a little help.
  • tears aint the only thing that was jerkin for me durin this ep

I cried 6 times durin this ep, and not all the tears came from my eyes =0.
    Mahone returns to Sona and I hope he escapes. Great to see the old T-Bag again as well as Bellick having a major role again.And also filled with very interesting scenes such as Bellick's smart victory or the torture scenes,or the Generals death. Sucre and Linc trick Susan to give them money.. but is it really a trick? or is Sucre actually gonna work for her?? I think option b is way more possible.
    Also Lechero is loosing power and seems in won`t be long before a regime change in Sona. Gretchen proves to be more and more evil as she kills General Zavala. Well looks like the general was slightly overrated LOL.
    This ep was a realy jerker.
  • A lot of unexpected turns of events in this episode....

Well i considered the classification as "painful to watch", but not in a bad way...This episode was great,in the sense that it had adventure,unpredictability,suspense,and during this i thought some major changes would take place...Bellick dead,or LJ, or even Michael...Fortunately, it went well,and this sincerity episode on Michael's behalf proved very interesting and well done...And also filled with very interesting scenes such as Bellick's smart victory or the torture scenes,or the Generals death...For a while there the escape concept that is at the centre of this show disappeared,being replaced by a survival concept on all parts...This episode's end wasn't very fortunate,to say,but it sure makes the show more exciting...A lot of incertitude regarding the future.
  • Great to have some good things on TV again. Not flawless but hell I`m so happy PB is back.

With that strike, TV is sooooooooo boring, but here comes Prison Break, my favorite. Boxed In is intense, filled of tension as Michael confess about the escape attempt to General Zavala. Too bad Zavala is dead now, I thought the actor was convincing and character interesting. Would be great if he could have a recurring role but too late now.
    The most thrilling moment remains when Michael asked Susan if she killed Sarah and told her that "I`m coming for you", creeps me out.
    Overall, it was a great return for Prison Break, can`t wait to see what happens now.
< 1 2