Prison Break

Chicago

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 05, 2007 on FOX

• Conflicting goals in close quarters provide fresh drama for Michael Schofield and crew. And the ending blew me away! (spoilers)

Well, another of the Fox River eight is down after the climax of this week's riveting episode of Prison Break. Let's face it, we all knew Haywire wouldn't make it to Holland, and by the time Bellick had him cornered, there was really only one way to end it. We knew what Mahone's intentions were, but it was still a powerful and poignant final scene.

Sara joins the core cast suddenly at the beginning of this week's episode, and though they spend most of the hour on a train, their interactions are as exciting as the prison scenes ever were. The characters' behavior and dialogue strike me as particularly believable, and the increased tension in the group after Sara's attempted revenge on Kellerman is especially realistic. Not to mention her awkwardly emotional confession to Michael in the bathroom--how endearing that two seasons of romantic tension built up to such a muted and tentative love scene, briefly referred to once more at the end of the episode, as if we (or Sara) could have forgotten.