Prison Break

Deal Or No Deal

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Dec 01, 2008 on FOX

• Overall, another setup episode which clean the rest of the remain last plot to began a new one.

As usual, Michael part is always the most interesting, since it is the relevant plot. As expected, Herb (Self Superior) wanted to catch Michael and wanted explanations and a way out from this mess he helped to make, of course, he would choice to kill Michael and Lincoln because he didn´t want to go to jail. This is important, because all of the registration of this covered operation is in Michael hands. The overall problem was very interesting and one more time, seemed that all could end in this episode. The decision they all have to make and their drama was very interesting.

As expected, Gretchen family presentation in some of the previous episodes was relevant, since Self used her family and of course, are using T-bag, speaking of him, the guy has more life than a cat. General plot seemed more like filling details with filler.

Presentation Phase - » (9/10) Interesting,
    Time and Scene Management - » (9/10) almost all the scenes were not filler,
    Plot Details/Holes- » (10/10) Fine,
    Suspense/Tension - » (8/10) Very good,
    Drama - » (10/10) Excellent, making hard decisions,
    Surprises/Shocks/Twists - » (7/10) Predictable but good.

• The episode is like a poorly sewn patchwork quilt: its narrative strands seem to collide clumsily into one another, forever clashing and not really fitting together.

Given that 'Deal or No Deal' comes from the pen of the man that brought you 'Five the Hard Way' (you know, the one with the penis-less old codger who wanted Sucre to bang his wife), it is perhaps unsurprising that it is a bit of a disappointment. The episode is like a poorly sewn patchwork quilt: its narrative strands seem to collide clumsily into one another, forever clashing and not really fitting together. Everything feels like an erratic, pointless run-around: Homeland's chasing Michael, Michael's chasing Self and the Company's chasing just about everybody. And if they're not doing the chasing, they're running away, like Self (for a large part of the episode, anyway) or Sucre and Sarah, whose brief moment of 'my God, we're getting out of the country' feels like a hastily written filler sequence, designed to plug the gap in a woefully under length script. The reveal that Michael still has a piece of Scylla is far too convenient for my liking too, reading more as a necessary scripting get out clause than a believable development arising from established parameters within the narrative. And what about that scene with the brothers and the Homeland representatives, eh? Switch, switch and switch again! They're all ready to abandon their moral codes at the drop of a hat and align themselves with whomever, or whatever, is most beneficial to them… just like Don Self did last week and no, I haven't forgotten about the horrific taste that left in my mouth either. Not a good start to the second 'block' of the season.
  • This was a superb Prison Break episode, but I must admit, it did kind of seem like a filler episode. (Spoilers)

This episode of Prison Break, Deal Or No Deal, was a superb episode, but at the same time it was a filler episode. It had it's great moments, but it just felt like a filler. I don't quite like that Mahone left the team, but I'm pretty sure he has a good reason for doing so. He's still my favorite character, although Lincoln is a close second. I was surprised that Stanton tried to kill the brothers, but I was glad that he was stopped before he could do it. I still really dislike Gretchen, and I hope she leaves the show soon. But overall I give this episode, Deal Or No Deal, a 9 out of 10.
  • OMG this show is sooooooooooooooooo good

don self you stuffed up big time no one in the world wants Micheal schofield as an enemy and now you have him Muppet.

Micheal is inferior to no one and shows us again that he is the closest thing to god, He has a tuma and is still the smartest man on earth he trusts no one and for good reason he is the best judgment of character i have ever seen in a television show i applaud the writers for giving us a true legend in t.v history.

Mahone has too come back he has gone through too much with the team to quit now once again t-bag survives but he will be up against it when Gretchen gets her hands on him

the bottom line is don self you are not smarter then Micheal as you proclaimed in fact you will experience the same thing everyone has when they have gone up against mr schofield lots and lots of misery disappointment and frustration

like a smart man once said "COME AND GET ME"
  • the story is taking a new direction!!!

now with Self owning Scylla everything in the story is taking a new direction, where now Micheal is looking for Self to get Scylla back and destroy the company, and where Self now trying to sell Scylla using Gretchen's help.
    i really like how is the story is going, there is a lot of things that might happen, that now not only the general wants Scylla back but also our guys!!
    but Self how smart was he!!
    but again Micheal was smarter by taking a small piece of Scylla which prevented the new murder Self from selling Scylla.
    and how Micheal get his advantage back with the government was genius.
    i don't but i have the feeling that tells me that Micheal and the general will work together to get Scylla back!! who knows!!!!!
  • The lull before the storm. After last episodes twist, the gang finds it self being set up for a crime they did not commit. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team...opps wrong show.

Another fine example of how the heck are you gonna get out of this one- episode. Michael always knew what he was doing with his insurance policy. Self is a dumb dumb desk jockey. He should have known better. and so the cat and mouse game begins anew.

I love how the Government does a 180 degree spin on the guys. Just make it all 'go away'... I wonder if the government actually operates like that? We'll get 15 years in a minimum country club - make it disappear... I wonder what happen to Mahone? Is he half way to Mexico?
  • A new deal, a new direction

After changing the game in a big way in the previous episode, the writers were going to have to pull things together and establish a new status quo sooner or later. This episode tossed out a few red herrings right from the start, and didn't stop until the final frame. For an episode that could have been a letdown, this was a promising way to transition into the next phase of the season.

It seemed like the end of the previous episode would leave Michael and the Escape Squad on the run from both the Company and Homeland Security, and the beginning of the episode certainly began on that road. Between that and Self's sudden ruthlessness, it felt like the shift would be an easy adjustment. I certainly wasn't expecting Homeland Security to figure out Self's true colors so quickly.

Between the possibility of a new arrangement with Homeland Security and their subsequent betrayal of the Escape Squad, what seemed to be simple became an ugly mess. To be honest, I'm not sure what kind of position Michael and the others found themselves in at the end of the episode. The Company is still looking for them, and they're still looking to get back at Self and retrieve Scylla for their own devices, but it's unclear whether or not they're active fugitives from the law. (I would assume they are, but their legal status has been murky for a while.)

The bottom line appears to be this: Michael and the others must fend off the Company long enough to get Scylla back from Self and get it into the right hands. There's no telling how long that will remain the status quo; it's entirely possible that another twist could come along and send the story in a completely different direction. That's what makes this episode such a success. It handles the chaos borne of Self's betrayal so well that everything still feels within the writers' control.

Hanging over everything is Michael's health situation, which is probably the only plot element that demands to be resolved sooner rather than later. The last thing I want to see is a mid-season cliffhanger where Michael collapses, apparently on death's door. It's far too predictable, and even if the pacing of the season means that Michael has only been suffering his attacks for a few days, it's beginning to get tedious.

It is, however, just a small part of the story, and the rest of it is working just fine. The good is far outweighing the bad. If this is the last season, then I must admit, against all expectations, that this has been one great last hurrah.
  • With Scylla gone, Michael plans his next move.

Much of the plot development in this episode unfolded over telephone conversations and discussions on what to do next. There was the matter of convincing Self's superiors about Michael and team's innocence after Self set them up. First there wasn't a deal, then there was a deal, then people got shot, and then the senator talked about the covert operation never happening and apologizes. Don Self wants a buyer for Scylla so he uses Gretchen and her links to get it not forgetting that the General wants it back as well. Self uses T Bag to hold Gretchen's Sister and Daughter hostage while he scoops him in a handsome amount of money, Self says he's smarter wrong my friend Michael's even Smarter with him holding the piece of Scylla.
  • This season just keeps picking up more and more steam and doesn't seem to be letting up.

This season just keeps picking up more and more steam and doesn't seem to be letting up. The plot is kept tight and focused making absolutely sure the audience can't miss a minute. This show is not afraid to take risks with the twists and reveals and kill off characters to keep the story from spinning out of control.

This episode was an excellent example of why this show is popular in the first place. I like how they brought up Michael's savior complex again when Sarah talked about how he puts everyone else problems before his own. But I guess his problems are everyone else problems right now. That's what makes his character so interesting. A flawed hero, portrayed correctly, make for very interesting and likable characters.

I love how this episode put you on the edge of your seat, but at the same time was setting the stage for at least most of the rest of the season(we're more than half way done). Usually episodes that are used to set the stage for upcoming episodes can be mostly slow.
  • Very good episode......reminds me of old days

well this week's episode was up to the mark....not as thrilling and exciting as last week's but still it has enough in it to let us stick on for the next week;s episode.....the special feature of this one is it had the taste of "old days" when Michael used to play with everyone who tried to screw him.....and really it felt awesome good to see Micheal took the piece of Scylla and screwing Self.....I loved the scenes of Michael and Sara.....and I want more of them....Self gets a new ally.....and My GOD isn't the story moving forward rapidly now.....I loved the way Sucre saved their life....overall its 10/10
  • Michael had a piece of Scylla! Hes the man!

"Awesome" is short of expressions to describe this one...Other TV shows, if you want what we've got "COME AND GET IT" The reason I watch this show week after week is because it gives me a knack of intelligence. The show, its predictable, very predictable, but not one prediction comes true! The odd most thing happens of which the consequences and repercussions are not even imaginable. Its the ultimate thing that blows my mind and everyone else's too (i.e if they have one...lol). Mahone is the most excellently depicted character, the way he departed wasn't looking very good, taking the bus and all.....like hes off the show, perhaps! I hope is comes back into the scene with a bang! Awesome++ show!
  • Another great episode

Well this was another great episodes as they guys were left alone in the warehouse without Scylla and without any hospital for Micheal. I was wrong that I thought Micheal didn't take something out from Scylla as others said, but finally we see that no one can outsmart the genius Micheal Scofield.

I really really hate Don Self. Fortunately he didn't manage to sell Scylla and hopefully he won't be able to. Great dialogues and great acting as well =.

Epic Quote:
    Don: I believe you have something that belongs to me
    Michael: Come and get it.

Looking forward to the next one!
    Can't wait!
  • COME AND GET IT

Great episode, michael and lincoln keep on getting double crossed and arrested by one person or another. But the mission is over and they're still criminals (i think) and now don needs a chip peace from syclla that michael removed. The Genius that is michael scolefield can never be beaten.

Most interesting to note is why is t-bag helping don self - did they striker an alliance? Where's mahone - he wouldn't just leave would he? What's the general going to do next? Should lincoln have killed that senator? They could easily give this another season and I hope they do, coz there's a big loyal fan base who will always watch.